Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I'll write up Comerica Park tomorrow. I've been there enough times to do it justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Jack's Flow posted:

I was afraid to say anything, because I thought I missed some sort of joke. But that looks like a third world country alright. Also, as someone who has never been to a baseball game: why would there be a pool inside the ballpark?

To allow you to watch a baseball game from an outfield pool; to charge people a lot of money to watch a game from the outfield pool.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
When will the Tigers put up another giant historical bat, and update the player banners around the concourse?

Right now, the Tigers' history ends with Juan Gonzalez leading the Tigers to a new future in a new stadium.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

cbx posted:

Don't quote me on this, but that's probably going to happen between the 2014-2015 seasons. They're trying to find a way to diplomatically dance around 2003 without insulting the fanbase.

e: It's not a high priority, sadly. I wish it was, but we're having... personnel issues at the moment.

What is there to dance around? It's a team-written history.

By the way, I work with the Red Wings' organization and indirectly with parts of the Tigers', if there's anything I can do to push things along, let me know. There's a lot of little things that I can think of to do.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

cbx posted:

I know. And real fans would understand why 2003 deserves a mention. But the wallet warriors that attend, and spend 750 dollars on a Miguel Cabrera game-worn Memorial Day hat, and 200 dollars on concessions, don't necessarily want to be reminded of those dark days. Comerica Park is basically selling a fun night out at the baseball game, and they try to tune everything to that end.

The entire mention of 2003 should be entirely on how that led to Pudge Rodriguez' signing that invigorated the team, led to 2006, et cetera. Also, some of the banners hanging from the upper deck (in the main concourse) could use some new blood too. The major problem with not having that bat is that the 2006 and 2012 teams deserve somewhere permanent at the ballpark, like all the other great teams.

In going to a lot of games, there's many different audiences outside of those that would care about those bats. The sizable group that would care about those bats would be different than those riding the carousel, the lower deck is a different crowd than the upper deck. There's room for everyone at Comerica Park. :)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

cbx posted:

Yup. Like I said, it's probably not a priority for them right now, but it's definitely something I will pass along to my supervisors and see how far I can get with it.

I'll even suggest what can go on it.

My company does all of the laser-etched framed pieces inside the team store and the MLB Authentic trailer, so I've got plenty of little ideas to improve the experience for everybody.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

cbx posted:

Alright. When the Tigers return to Comerica on the 4th of June, I'll make a mention of it. I'll come back a few days later with specific suggestions (whatever you've got in mind) as a follow-up.

What is your email?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Bard Maddox posted:

As someone who's moving to Detroit in the near future and wants to watch a lot of baseball, all that info is real helpful and way more informative than what I was able to find online. Thanks!

Where are you moving in Detroit?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Uncle Jam posted:

Whatever happened to the bat history because gently caress Juan.

By the way you can put on the bat history that Kwame thought that the center field ivy looked like weed with center being 420' and all, and if he had that much weed he'd be a millionaire for life. I was in the suite next to his and the walls are pretty thin.

2003 happened, apparently.

I'm actually designing what I hope the next bat is, beyond simple suggestions. I went to the games last weekend, took some pictures of the current bats so my design would match, and am writing it all up in the next couple days.

The current bats end with the Tigers moving out of Tiger Stadium, and signing Juan Gonzalez. Time to move forward.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

cbx posted:

Yeah, I've honestly been sick and haven't been doing too much at work lately, plus I've been waiting on AsInHowe's info.

I'm actually trying to have something designed, photos and everything. Decisions will be justified, I'll put it that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

cbx posted:

For tours, you can call (313) 471-2074, or check out http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/det/ballpark/information/index.jsp?content=tours for more info.

You need around 15 people in a group to do a tour, and it comes to 6 dollars for each adult, 3 dollars for kids 4-14, and free for kids 3 and under.

There aren't any tour+game packages because we do tours on non-game days.

And as to your last question... I can't say yes on a public forum.

If you've got any other questions about it, you can e-mail me @ cmbattershell at gmail dot com and put SA Tigers Tours in the heading so my spam filter doesn't delete it.

Also, there aren't tour or game packages, but a Tigers home series typically goes from Monday/Tuesday-Thursday and Friday-Sunday. If you schedule things well, you could tour on a Thursday and go to a game on Friday, or something like that.

• Locked thread