Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

That's a great MOLLE Medic's bag, yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
hand-made hand-grenades, that's a new detail.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OatmealRaisin posted:

They're just doing their job for democracy! You don't know how hard it is to be a reporter!

Oh come on, this is a press conference. The whole point is for reporters to ask all the questions they can't during an active manhunt.

evanstheone
Jul 4, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

Is it just me or does anyone else want to punch every one of these reporters? These are all terrible questions

You know they'd be braying just as hard if the police told everyone to stay inside indefinitely.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

evanstheone posted:

These reporters are awful.

This a million times.

Fat Pony
Oct 7, 2005

THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH
I really hope this dude ends up sane enough to stand a decent trial. After being hunted for ~12 hours while contemplating how to blow the most people up, at what point does your head just break?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

shyduck posted:

Reporter: "Why did you wanna take him alive?"

uh what

This is actually a great question. When we write stories, we do so to also create a historical record.

If it isn't obvious to a reader now or in the future why this guy was caught alive, having somebody explain why can put it into context.

OH NO MY DICK
Feb 24, 2013

Forums Jesus

anotherone posted:

Nobody name Donna was killed.

In addition, Fox News is loving terrible and probably reached for whatever photo it could find. And if the government really wanted to do a false flag thing with "crisis actors", I'm 100% sure they could find more than 4-5 people to do the loving job.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
RIP Chinese babe that died.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
I assume the statement from Obama will be on this link: http://www.whitehouse.gov/live

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

pathetic little tramp posted:

Can someone post the link to the fundraiser for the fellow who lost his legs? That was way in the middle of the last thread.

Also, the Pittsburgh Penguins are fuuuuuuuuucked.

By that logic the Sabres should have been hosed Wednesday. They weren't.

But the Rangers did the job tonight :chord:

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

M42 posted:

I will do this thing here but probably not tonight.

Looking forward to it. :) Thanks buddy, just spend tonight getting blazed/drunk/your celebration of choice!

Can someone post the link to the fundraiser for the fellow who lost his legs? That was way in the middle of the last thread.

Also, the Pittsburgh Penguins are fuuuuuuuuucked.

I don't even watch sports and I will be watching this game.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

FBI lady is so short.

Potzblitz!
Jan 20, 2005

Kung-Fu fighter
I've been awake for 41 hours. So glad that this is over.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Wanna get that bag. Wanna go backpacking.

Crackpipe
Jul 9, 2001

I have evidence that this is a true flag operation.

Seriously, unfriend Truthers online and in real life

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

el burbo posted:

FBI lady is so short.

US attorney.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I am just so loving proud of my state right now. I know Boston's racially divided as hell, but goddamn, we are all Bostonians tonight.

We loving got him. Alive.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

The pHo posted:

Amazing work by everyone involved, incredible that they were able to take this guy alive. Hopefully now there can be some understanding as to what inspired such a horrendous act, far better than another dead body and no answers.

What could he possibly say that would give anyone any greater insight into his actions? What could he say where you would even see where they were coming from? There's no making sense of a senseless act.

evanstheone
Jul 4, 2010

Tricky Twisty posted:

RIP Chinese babe that died.

This is kind of a morbid question but did they ever locate her in any photos? I know they found the kid and the other woman but never saw anything on the student.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I'll never forget you, Sgt. Feedback :patriot:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Aatrek posted:

US attorney.

Are they always this tiny?

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:
I just want to say again, I can't speak for all Boston goons, but BPD, CPD, WPD, ATF, FBI, State Police, and everyone else, thank you. You did an amazing job.

Rotanee
Feb 15, 2007

You Are A Elf posted:

Can you guys imagine what that boat will become? Regardless of the bad juju that comes with it, it is now a piece of American History and will probably be protected or sold for a ton of money.

Federal evidence which may never be returned or properly compensated.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
I missed this thread between 9 this morning and the early evening tonight, was that JTsar twitter account found to be fake? There's a pic there with the "terrorists" license plate but obviously that could be meaningless.

Grouchy Smurf
Mar 12, 2012

"Interesting Quote"
-Interesting guy

Can someone please go and create a thread on Reddit with this picture?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Honestly?

Because people I usually respect are turning into truthers and screaming FALSE FLAG at everything today.

It's getting on my nerves.

Apologies for bringing it here.

I gotcha, it's just that it was posted a bunch in the last thread earlier in the week. But yeah, people are crazy.

In other news a buddy from UMASS is saying it's feeling like things are about to get riot-y.

OMG BYZANTIUM
Dec 30, 2008
All news agencies are both terrible because they are two slow and too fast. The Boston cops caught a loving terrorist hiding in a boat. He will likely be tried for multiple murders. Cut some people some slack.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Potzblitz! posted:

I've been awake for 41 hours. So glad that this is over.

Cheers and congrats

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Sounds like he was definitely not Mirandized based on that response Ortiz just gave.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Crackpipe posted:

I have evidence that this is a true flag operation.

Seriously, unfriend Truthers online and real life

This is the best advice.

Onto beer two for Boston.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

It's in the stickied thread at the top of this forum.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3545053

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Fat Pony posted:

I really hope this dude ends up sane enough to stand a decent trial. After being hunted for ~12 hours while contemplating how to blow the most people up, at what point does your head just break?

When you have the entire Boston PD, the FBI, and LAPD chasing you, somehow I can't see him even coming close to thinking of how to blow more people up.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

"Are you going to seek the death penalty?"

God drat.. Journalism programs need to rethink the poo poo they are teaching if these are the kind of morons they are turning out now.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Vice President posted:

There's no way the DMV would let anyone get away with a "Terrorist" vanity plate.

It looked like one of those dumbshit blingee unregulated front-plates you get at a mall kiosk.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Anus Dei posted:

I missed this thread between 9 this morning and the early evening tonight, was that JTsar twitter account found to be fake? There's a pic there with the "terrorists" license plate but obviously that could be meaningless.

All signs point to "real". There was a debunking, but it was debunked.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

fletcher posted:

I assume the statement from Obama will be on this link: http://www.whitehouse.gov/live

Thanks for the direct link! I'll edit it into my post

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

THE PERIMITAH.

gently caress, I'm glad this is over. I literally got nothing done today because I've been constantly refreshing GBS. Thanks for keeping me informed, goons.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

evanstheone posted:

This is kind of a morbid question but did they ever locate her in any photos? I know they found the kid and the other woman but never saw anything on the student.

Heheheheh :twisted: Theres a reason for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

General Dog posted:

What could he possibly say that would give anyone any greater insight into his actions? What could he say where you would even see where they were coming from? There's no making sense of a senseless act.

There is a non-zero chance that he was in contact with other terrorist types? Even if not, insight into the criminal mind can be useful.

• Locked thread