Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Will the Boston Police Department be able to resume normal policing? A lot of their officers must be beyond exhausted, and I don't see how they can organize standard patrols in the next day or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Danica! posted:

"Are you going to seek the death penalty?"

God drat.. Journalism programs need to rethink the poo poo they are teaching if these are the kind of morons they are turning out now.
I'm sure they would argue that they are asking the questions their viewers want to know the answer to, nothing more.

edit: there appears to be just one reporter with a really shrill voice asking all the worst questions.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Heading out with friends to celebrate, good vibes headed your way from Detroit, Boston goons.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Picked up his heat signature :unsmigghh:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Where's Mr. In & Out Real Quick?

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Public radio was at least half classmates of the younger brother talking about how nice he was. I'm fully expecting that eventually, the story will be, older brother broke up with his baby momma and went off his nut, and roped in little brother, who got in over his head.

I'm glad they caught him alive. His life is over no matter what.

Edit: Oh yeah, Boston Comic-Con is finally off.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

does Massachusetts even have the death penalty?

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

does Massechusetts even have the death penalty?

Federal case.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Flavahbeast posted:

Federal cases do.

HOTDOG
Apr 2, 2013
FLIR!? (Foreward Looking Infra Red) I thought a dude saw him in the backyard and called it in. Maybe they used it to confirm he was in the boat.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Flavahbeast posted:

No, not since 2007.

edit: But yeah, federal case.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Col. Cliff Clavin reports that they found him in the boat with thermal imaging. He was under the shrink wrap, or oxygen tent, which he believes gives him sexual powers.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

I like how he basically gave up when they started really screaming at him. "I THINK WE'RE DONE."

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I am just so loving proud of my state right now. I know Boston's racially divided as hell, but goddamn, we are all Bostonians tonight.

We loving got him. Alive.

I hope your city throws some kind of celebration for the cops, making it through this all without cracking an unrelated person's skull and those 18 hour shifts, they were nothing short of amazing.

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
I'm arguing with my friend right now because he thinks the boston/massachusetts lockdown was a martial law declared by Obama.

I keep forgetting what the lockdown was referred to as and who declared it.

SevenStringGuru
Jun 6, 2003

Bob Loblaw Law covers all injuries, including those sustained while trying to 4x4 a segway.
Press conference just ended, President Obama is expected to speak next. Im watching Boston TV Feed here.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Priapus posted:

Glad this is over with.

I told y'all last night that it wasn't that Brown student last night. People thinking his family's posts were some sort of terrorism code words was surreal to watch.

TRIAL SIZE TOOTHPASTE??

Not on my watch.....

Crackpipe
Jul 9, 2001

Gonz posted:

Where's Mr. In & Out Real Quick?

The video (complete with custom graphics) was posted on Boston news sites. I'm sure it's going to find its way to him. Kevin is the best.

electricsugar
Jan 21, 2008

Tum again?
What a ride that last thread was.

I laughed, I cried, an old man got gang-raped by a pack of robots...

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

BobTheJanitor posted:

Sounds like he was definitely not Mirandized based on that response Ortiz just gave.

All that really means is that anything the suspect said before being mirandised may become inadmissable, but that's up to the judge. And I think right now he's supposedly not very conscious so it wouldn't matter anyway. He will be read his rights eventually.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

"Is it possible he won't make it?"

Dear Reporter, He's in serious condition. Go look it up, don't waste your loving question.

Namaste
May 5, 2007
good news for people who love bald news
AWAITING PRESIDENT OBAMA:

"We got him."

That door flies open, leading to:

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Chamale posted:

Will the Boston Police Department be able to resume normal policing? A lot of their officers must be beyond exhausted, and I don't see how they can organize standard patrols in the next day or two.

Boston has been inundated with cops from neighboring towns that can easily pick up the slack. They've been here all week.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN

J.theYellow posted:

Public radio was at least half classmates of the younger brother talking about how nice he was. I'm fully expecting that eventually, the story will be, older brother broke up with his baby momma and went off his nut, and roped in little brother, who got in over his head.

I'm glad they caught him alive. His life is over no matter what.

Sociopaths are often charming, likeable people.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Bleh Maestro posted:

I'm arguing with my friend right now because he thinks the boston/massachusetts lockdown was a martial law declared by Obama.

I keep forgetting what the lockdown was referred to as and who declared it.

The governor declared it. And it's no where close to the definition of martial law.

Your friend is an idiot.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Can someone explain fuckbots and perimeter lobsters? I missed the 16:00 - 20:00 time period of the 720 page thread. :negative:

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
So I guess the reason it took so long was that he was slightly outside of the perimeter. Just like 24!

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

electricsugar posted:

Four robots. I still can't believe that.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Chamale posted:

I'm sure they'll get plenty of coffee and desk time handling the mountain of paperwork this whole thing will generate. :gonk:

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

electricsugar posted:

:stare:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

electricsugar posted:

I haven't continuously followed the threads. What the gently caress?!

Rotanee
Feb 15, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

There is a non-zero chance that he was in contact with other terrorist types? Even if not, insight into the criminal mind can be useful.

The Boston Globe tweeted earlier 3 other suspects were arrested earlier tonight related to the Marathon Bombings. I've heard nothing more since-then again I am going on about 30 hours with no sleep.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FogHelmut posted:

Col. Cliff Clavin reports that they found him in the boat with thermal imaging. He was under the shrink wrap, or oxygen tent, which he believes gives him sexual powers.

I love you.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Re the lack of Miranda warning, it was mentioned (ABC news?) that there is an exception for public safety stuff. Presummably, they want to find out about potential explosives still undiscovered at the moment. Anything the suspect says pre Miranda will not be addmissible in court, but that seems a moot point with all the video evidence and the like.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Aurune posted:

"Is it possible he won't make it?"

Dear Reporter, He's in serious condition. Go look it up, don't waste your loving question.
She wanted him to screw up and say something more juicy about his condition, I think.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

I hope your city throws some kind of celebration for the cops, making it through this all without cracking an unrelated person's skull and those 18 hour shifts, they were nothing short of amazing.

They really made the LAPD looks like a bunch of buffoons by comparison that's for sure.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I hope we never find out who Sgt. Feedback is. He should remain as much of a mystery as what he was trying to say.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

HOTDOG posted:

FLIR!? (Foreward Looking Infra Red) I thought a dude saw him in the backyard and called it in. Maybe they used it to confirm he was in the boat.

Guy saw him. The infrared confirmed it.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

Potzblitz! posted:

I've been awake for 41 hours. So glad that this is over.

Go to bed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

BobTheJanitor posted:

Sounds like he was definitely not Mirandized based on that response Ortiz just gave.

The FBI says he got all the Miranda he'll ever want or need and if you disagree, you can talk to them about it.

Tricky Twisty posted:

Oh hey Twisty

Hey Twisty since you're talking about babes that reminded me of chicks and did you know that VS from the PI chicken thread you really like is hatching a bunch of baby chickens? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3544925 The thread is here and you can suggest a name! You can go in and watch hatching too but you can't say bad words or they will ban you from chat :(

E: I know you are very devoted to your chicken learning so I thought I would mention!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread