Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I thought the Sunil poo poo was incorrect up until I read people saying that they were mentioned on the scanner (I wasn't listening to the scanner at that point). Only then did I believe them, and I was pretty surprised by the sudden change to a bunch of chechens.

On the other hand the whole family twitter-code thing was absolutely loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Dude has a giant schnoz and some gross facial hair.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Wait, so they drove it for how many metres without the rifle falling off?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I remember reading an unironic killdozer tribute thread in GBS many years back. This kind of attitude isn't something foreign that Other People do.

Also the only reason people don't feel too guilty about idolising killdozer is that he failed to kill anyone. It's not like he called for the evacuation of the houses he ran down.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Or that American girl arrested in Italy (even though she probably didn't do it). I personally think it's an excuse to objectify someone (in its most literal form).

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I was skeptical of Sunil being the bomber up until the point that everyone on IRC started screeching that he got mentioned on the scanner, so I was confused as gently caress when people started talking about "the Chechens". Up until that point it sounded like some poor kid went way over his head, then it turned into a bad geopolitical thriller, and then it went back to some dumb kid going way over his head.

On the other hand, there were people talking about how Sunil's parents were in on it via some interpretations of some cryptic statements on the facebook page, but even then I thought that was the most idiotic garbage ever because of course things are going to sound weird when you don't have context. Sunil's family wasn't broadcasting every single bit of detail about their lives on facebook, of course they're going to be referring to non-web stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'm convinced that at some point someone from GBS is going to firebomb a banker's house and we won't know what to think :allears:

• Locked thread