Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Congrats BPD, go gently caress yourselves American media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

jimma posted:

It has been an honor hitting F5 with you today, goons.

Does anyone have any info on how the authorities finally found him?
When the lockdown lifted a dude saw blood on his boat in his backyard. He lifted up the tarp, saw the wounded bomber inside, and then ran off and called the cops.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Obama is on right now.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It's not like he's in any shape to say anything anyway. This is a stupid derail.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

mcsquared posted:

Is there a single piece of evidence yet that these two were terrorists? Because I see it thrown around a bunch and I haven't seen anything to indicate their motive or message.
They actually admitted they did it to the driver that they carjacked during the police chase.

The FBI also recently admitted that there was an investigation into the older brother and his ties to extremist groups years ago.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 20, 2013

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

ethanol posted:

I'm not sure about that, seemed a lot more like blind luck that he survived longer/ didn't get shot in the car.
Yeah, and I have a feeling that he probably wouldn't have survived the night either. He seemed to have been bleeding out the whole day.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

something posted:

Ok So I read the first few pages and i don't understand what's happened in the last little while regarding the bombings that sounds to be huge. Can someone give me a crash course on what I've missed?
To put it succinctly the BPD and FBI cornered the second bomber, the younger brother, and eventually succeeded in capturing him alive. The entire city of Boston has been celebrating since.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Friend posted:

I listened to the scanner and read the news and the thread all day today. How is it that I only just now learned that black hat had a wife and daughter? Seems like that would have come up more
He did? That really is strange how literally no one mentioned that, especially because they were interviewing all the relatives.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

booshi posted:

They had to have been under orders to try to take him alive. I believe all they ever did was shoot rubber bullets at him, flash bang him, and tear gas him.
They were, there were cops on the scanner explicitly ordering everyone to hold their fire.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sexy Randal posted:

Can someone clarify something for me?

What was the shootout this afternoon about? I thought the guy they just apprehended was hiding in the boat the whole time. Did they spot him and then light him up in the boat?
He was armed and fired at the officers so they had to draw him out with tear gas and flashbangs.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Petey posted:

It rained last night in Watertown. The air is clear and clean. The sun just came out.
It's a new day man, a new day. :unsmith:

Gio posted:

I'm sure this has been covered but the one question I have about this whole incident is how this all started. Why did they shoot the MIT officer? Did someone recognize them or what?
I think they panicked when they either committed or were near that 7-11 robbery and thought the cops were on to them. No official word yet though.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Grouchy Smurf posted:

Do we know for certain that they shot the MIT officer? Any chance it was the real 7-11 robbers?
Yes, the two killed him and took his gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Not to mention that the Internet gives the crazies a far larger voice than before and they are even encouraged due to the hugboxy nature of the net. People have always been nuts, the Internet just brings out to to forefront.

Also hoo boy are those friends of of his morons. I mean seriously how dumb do you have to be to abet one of the most wanted men in the country on your own accord?

• Locked thread