Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

From the press conference right now: Hostage negotiation team tried to get him out of the boat, but he was not communicative.

Suspect is currently in serious condition at the hospital. Reported earlier as critical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A picture of him being wheeled into the hospital taken on a cellphone camera from 2004 was just shown.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

booshi posted:

I don't know if the news is still pointing this out (they were last night), but the younger was apparently a "pothead". So yeah if he was doing drugs I would say he's not a very religious.

Also his friends say he switched from Umass Boston to Umass Dartmouth for the better parties.

Which I'm sure will be factored heavily into the 2013 USNews Best Party School rankings.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Petey posted:

Every time the MSM tried to interview a friend of White Hat yesterday they kept looking for the lonely angry weird kid angle. And every person they asked said he was the nicest most normal kid you could imagine. They kept trying to fit him into a box and couldn't; some hosts I saw were literally speechless, and one anchor straight up said "we can't find anyone who doesn't have a nice thing to say about him."

At this stage it's still the most enigmatic thing for me.

Honestly, I expect the brother angle, but it's just a demonstration on the lovely problems with news reporting now. They're trying to fit to a story, match preconceived notions instead of gathering information and forming the image to present.

I'm probably just going to have to ignore coverage of this for a few weeks for him to (hopefully) recover enough to get information reamed out of him and for a solid report to be built out of this.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Is it possible we can get that plate on some kind of sexy molestation bomb robot?

• Locked thread