Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Cameron posted:

Am I the only one kind of weirded out by how people are reacting to the cops catching the guy? The dumbass CNN reporter aside, the people giving high fives, thumbs up, big smiles, the police twitter saying "the terror is over, yeehaw!!"? It seems like this should be a more somber time, but I guess Americans love a good show even in tragedies.

You're not the only one, but you can also empathize with the huge number off innocents involved in the events of the past few days, which ended in several gun battles in residential neighborhoods. It's not that outlandish for a bit of rah rah from even the most professional of agencies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Petey posted:

It rained last night in Watertown. The air is clear and clean. The sun just came out.

:unsmith: Petey, you woke up.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
I can't wait to see if the FBI used any cutting-edge 4D design to zero in on the suspects. With the way photos contain GPS-tags and the veritable dearth of data generated during the event, I hope one day we learn that through cutting edge software, the FBI was able to find two men across photos and videos acting unlike everyone else.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
I just woke up, was he read his Miranda rights?

Tamerlane posted:

I'm not happy, guys.

Might need a new username.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Morally Inept posted:

They rolled up on the scene and started shooting. Plain and simple. No Provocation, no proof as to who was in the boat. NOTHING. You can call me what you like but you're excuses of "this poo poo happens so its understandable" kind of stuff is stupid as well. They should have proper gun protocol and just start shooting willy nilly in a residential area. But I suppose if a bullet would have slammed into a house and killed a child it would be "This kind of stuff happens."

A guy had just gone out to discover a bloodied man laying on the floor of his boat. Based on the events of the day it was with 95% certainty that this was the suspect, in the context of the situation.

The only "proof" they didn't have was a sign that said "I'm your guy."

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Kingsbury2 posted:

stop complaining shoot some chechnyans in the face thats how you help their recovery

Wow, this is a bit much for a gimmick.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
"Ok so last week Henry was maimed so this week is....Larry. Your turn to be maimed."

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Wario In Real Life posted:

You don't get it man. He could have been bad-mouthing America and the FBI agent just got so crazy upset that he decided to execute him on the spot.

That'll show him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Bloody Cum Fart posted:

I asked a reporter who was in the courtroom if he blew kisses to his fan club and he said he didn't see it and it was the first he's heard of it.

I eagerly anticipate an article nationally syndicated about these "clubs."

• Locked thread