Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Martello
Apr 29, 2012





March 15th, 2073. The NYC Metroplex. Manhattan. The Boroughs. Long Island. Jersey.

The Rotten Applesauce.

Crew 1

Friar Tuck, Frank The Albino, Vozač, Skunk, Clubs, and Arkady - the six of you are small-time runners looking for a crew. You've all done some runs in the area in the past, nothing big, and have some recognition in the local shadows and underworld. Some of you know each other, some of you don't. You've all at least heard of one another. Ronnie Malatesta, a Jersey Syndicate lieutenant and fixer, has decided a bunch of small-timers is exactly what he needs for a particular pet job.

The Shipment

Everybody gets a text from Ronnie Malatesta around 11 PM.

Got a job for you, on the down-low. Meet me at this warehouse on Pulleo Plaza in Elizabeth, 2 AM.

The text is geo-tagged with the warehouse coordinates.



It's a dilapidated E-town warehouse, the kind that you'd find all over Elizabeth and the Newark docks. A few cargo trucks are parked in the lot, along with a silver '54 Mercury Comet. There's a guy sitting in the Comet, driver's side.

Everyone walks into the warehouse. It's mostly empty, with a few crates and boxes here and there and a rusting forklift. A very big, very scary-looking troll meets you just inside the door. He clearly armed and wearing armor. The troll directs you to an overseer's office on the second floor.



Inside the office, Ronnie is waiting at a desk. He's average height, thick-built, Italian-looking, with black hair in a high fade. He's wearing a Devils hockey jersey and smoking a cigarette. Six mismatched folding chairs are placed haphazardly in the office in front of the desk.

"Glad you could make it, boys and girls. Have a seat." Ronnie speaks exaggerated trid-Jersey guido. He gestures to the chairs and waits for everyone to sit down. He grins and points at Frank. "Frankie the Albino, you the up-n-coming stregone what kicked eight kinds a poo poo outta Skids Baransky a couple months ago. Gotta tell ya, Skids had it coming and I can't thank you enough."

He puts his cigarette out and waves a hand, encompassing all the runners.

"Listen, I have a job for youse guys. Pay's decent, and if you do good I'll have even more work with better take." He holds up a finger. "The most important thing about this job, it's gotta stay on the low. Anyone finds out I hired you guys to do it, a shitstorm comes back on me. And you know what that means? Means I gotta murder the gently caress outta every last one a'youse. Anyone gotta problem with that?" He sits back and crosses his arms.

Anyone can feel free to roll various Knowledge Skills to see what they know about Ronnie besides the obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012




Vozač sat back in her chair, easing a spasm in her right palm. The fizz of her wired reflexes keying up at Ronnies pointed threat.

"No problem Boss. I am not one to cause problems."

Looking down at her hands she tried to remember if the Russians had ever said much about the fixer sitting before her.

Vory knowledge roll about Ronnie.: 6d6t5 3

Starting Nuyen: 3d6 7 *50= 350

IllustriousChen fucked around with this message at Apr 20, 2013 around 23:15

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004




Friar Tuck
Roll 5d6t2 for Mafia Politics knowledge
Mafia Politics knowledge check on Ronnie: 5d6t2 4

No problems here, omae. You pay, we listen - that is, depending on how much you pay.

Starting Nuyen roll (3D6 +9)x50 = 2550 (I saved my chummer file wrong, so I added a second line for the differential in money)
Starting Nuyen: 12d6 51

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at Apr 20, 2013 around 22:49

Piell
Sep 3, 2006



Clubs


Geoff doesn't bother responding - if he was going to back out, he wouldn't be here.

Starting nuyen: (4d6+11)*100 2100

Piell fucked around with this message at Apr 23, 2013 around 16:56

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

The Albino

A large, marble-skinned troll in dark clothing heads in after the others. Besides having stark white skin and hair, his eyes look something out of a horror trid. His pupils are blood red, surrounded by lighter toned ruby red irises. His clothes are dark-toned colors, making him nearly monochromatic with the exception of his eyes.

He adjusts the wide-brimmed hat on his head, which are flanked by two, ivory ram’s horns. He bows with a flourish. “My pleasure. The little poo poo had it comin’. It was the most expensive brawl I’ve ever been in.” He grins toothily, showing off his chipped tusks. “And it was worth every ‘yen.”

Frank shakes his head at Ronnie's mention of killing all of them. He knew the score. "No problem." He gestures, slicing his hand through the air.

Starting Nunyen: 3d6 (5 + 1) * 50 = 300¥

I kind of messed up the roll, I forgot to add parenthesis, so I just re-did the simple math on the sheet using the 3d6 roll from orokos.

kangaroojunk
Aug 17, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Knowledge (Criminals): To know about Ronnie: 5d6t5 3

Hearing the job needs to be on the low, Skunk draws his hood tighter around his head. It is difficult hiding head-to-toe ink black fur, contrasted by long and spiky white hair.

Only a slight shake of the head from Skunk to indicate there is no problem.

Skunk thinks about what to tell his kids he was doing if they noticed him leave the house this late at night.

Starting Money: 3d6 13 x 50=650

kangaroojunk fucked around with this message at Apr 21, 2013 around 04:55

Martello
Apr 29, 2012



IllustriousChen posted:

Looking down at her hands she tried to remember if the Russians had ever said much about the fixer sitting before her.

Vory knowledge roll about Ronnie.: 6d6t5 3

Jelena thinks she might have heard a few of the Russians refer to him as "That loving enjoyable human being Ronnie." She knows he has a reputation as a solid earner, but doesn't mix with the Sokolaya boys. He very much keeps to his Lupino brothers.

Bigass Moth posted:

Roll 5d6t2 for Mafia Politics knowledge
Mafia Politics knowledge check on Ronnie: 5d6t2 4

No problems here, omae. You pay, we listen - that is, depending on how much you pay.

You put the target number as 2 instead of fine on your Mafia Politics roll, so the actual success number is 2.

Ronnie is a good earner, and well-liked by the Lupino soldiers and other lieutenants and captains. You heard something about how he doesn't get along with the Russians. His word and money are always good for shadowrunners.

Dapper Dan posted:

My pleasure. The little poo poo had it comin’. It was the most expensive brawl I’ve ever been in.” He grins toothily, showing off his chipped tusks. “And it was worth every ‘yen.”

Frank shakes his head at Ronnie's mention of killing all of them. He knew the score. "No problem." He gestures, slicing his hand through the air.

Ronnie nods. "You're cool, I'm cool."


Piell posted:

Geoff doesn't bother responding - if he was going to back out, he wouldn't be here.

kangaroojunk posted:

Knowledge (Criminals): To know about Ronnie: 5d6t5 3

Only a slight shake of the head from Skunk to indicate there is no problem.

Skunk thinks about what to tell his kids he was doing if they noticed him leave the house this late at night.

"And the boys from Little Manila know the score."

Skunk's Knowledge roll - he knows about as much as Friar Tuck knows.

All the nuyen rolls are square. I'll add that money to my copies of your .chum sheets.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!



Arkady Samizdat

A Daihatsu Horseman trundles into the warehouse. After a few seconds, the canopy opens and a small man exits, glancing around nervously.



"I uh, yeah. That's fine. I know the rules," he says after the fixer has said his piece. "I'm all for keeping this off the books, long as you remember who it is that's helping you out."

"Arkady Samizdat," he says to the others. "You need matrix support, or you need IDs made, you can count on me."

Starting Nuyen: 3d6x50 0 350 Nuyen

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004



Martello posted:


You put the target number as 2 instead of fine on your Mafia Politics roll, so the actual success number is 2.

Ronnie is a good earner, and well-liked by the Lupino soldiers and other lieutenants and captains. You heard something about how he doesn't get along with the Russians. His word and money are always good for shadowrunners.


How do I determine the TN without knowing Ronnie's stats? I checked the Knowledge skill section in SR4A and there were various levels of info, so I chose a more broad TN. Either way it's fine.

Perception check - looking at the other runners: 12d6 40
Friar Tuck takes a look around the room at the other runners he will be working with. Perception (Visual) 7(9) + 3 Vision Mag = 12 die.

Etiquette - vs. Ronnie for run information: 14d6 54 Etiquette 12 + 2 First Impression = 14 die.

"Omae, now that we've all gotten together, maybe you can tell us sort of work you have in mind? Based on the men in this room I don't believe we're in this for a quick smash and grab."

Martello
Apr 29, 2012



Bigass Moth posted:

How do I determine the TN without knowing Ronnie's stats? I checked the Knowledge skill section in SR4A and there were various levels of info, so I chose a more broad TN. Either way it's fine.

Perception check - looking at the other runners: 12d6 40
Friar Tuck takes a look around the room at the other runners he will be working with. Perception (Visual) 7(9) + 3 Vision Mag = 12 die.

Etiquette - vs. Ronnie for run information: 14d6 54 Etiquette 12 + 2 First Impression = 14 die.

"Omae, now that we've all gotten together, maybe you can tell us sort of work you have in mind? Based on the men in this room I don't believe we're in this for a quick smash and grab."

You usually won't ever know the target number unless it's an opposed roll like combat and you see what the other guy rolled. You will with NPCs in this campaign, I'll roll for them in Orokos every time. The threshold is what you're thinking of, I think you're mixing it up with how SR3 was. You hit the threshold with successes - 5s or 6s. So in this case you hit the "detail knowledge" threshold of 2 because you had two successes. You put 2 as the target number for orokos, which means orokos will count anything 2 or above as a success. But as we know, only 5s and 6s are successes. It's cool, Orokos can be a little confusing at first. So from here on out for everyone, this is how you roll: Xd6t5, where X is your dice pool for the roll. If you're using Edge to reroll sixes, the input is Xd6h5, which will reroll anything higher than a 5 (so only a 6) and still count the first set of fives and sixes as successes. And if you need to roll twice in quick succession, like attacking twice in an IP, input 2#Xd6t5.

Your Etiquette roll was nice though, 6 successes. Ronnie is willing to give you all the information you need on the job and more than he would have told you otherwise.

And I left a couple details out for Ronnie, he of course has his own crew of made men and associates. They focus on the novacoke trade and the occasional shake-down/extortion job.



Ronnie

"Okay, so we all know the score. How I like it." He stubs his cigarette out in a cracked plastic Campari ashtray. "I don't believe in keeping people in the dark about a job they gotta do. So here's the deal. My crew got ripped off for a shipment of 'coke." He waves his hand. "Never mind how or why, I dealt with the mistake already. Point is, I'm sure as the gently caress not recouping the coke outta my own pocket. I happen to know those loving chinks from Manhattan have a stash sitting in a container on the docks in Newark. Problem with that, is we're supposed to be under truce with those cocksucking oriental bastards. If I use my crew for this, we start a war, and my bosses won't be happy. So," he smiles. "Here youse guys are."

He fiddles with his phone, sends everyone a geo-tag to a spot on the Newark docks off of Doremus Ave.

"We've been watching the place the past couple days. There're never more than three Triad fucks watching the container, usually two. They sit in a truck in the container yard and keep an eye on the can. One time a van came with two more chinks and they pulled out a few boxes of product. So I need youse guys to pop that can and rip off the rest of the product before they take any more out for distro."

Ronnie slides his phone back into his pocket and lights another Morley. "So," he exhales a cloud of smoke, "wanna get that powder outta the can before sunrise the day after tomorrow. You'll each get 1500 jap-bucks for your trouble. Sound good?"

Anyone can feel free to try to negotiate. Roll, and give him a convincing argument for more money or whatever other reward you might want.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004



OOC: rest of the group, I don't want to seem like I'm hogging the spotlight but I do have the highest Social skills and modifiers, so I'll take point on negotiations unless there are any objections.

IC:
Negotiation - vs. Ronnie for more money: 14d6t5 5
Roll: Negotiation 12 + First Impression 2 = 14 die

"I believe I can speak for everyone in attendance when we accept the job. However, dealing with stolen drugs and armed mooks is a little more than a simple junk run. We've never worked together before, and I think it's safe to assume the Chinese holding your stash have some familiarity with their co-conspirators, putting us at a clear disadvantage. I believe a fair price for our services is 2000Y each, plus expenses of course."

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!



Arkady

"Not to mention the triads will undoubtedly want to know who boosted their stuff. We're in agreement this never gets back to you, but that doesn't mean it doesn't get back to us, yeah? That level of heat comes with a premium, друг."

Making a teamwork roll to help with negotiations! Negotiatin': 9d6t5 4

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012


Vozač

Pulling a cigarette carton from inside her jacket, Jelena wished she could talk the talk as well as these guys.

She lit a cigarette with her zippo and exhaled the question.

"You have any more details about the setup Boss? Do you have a van or a boat we can use?
My car will not carry everyone and a containers worth of coke.

kangaroojunk
Aug 17, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Skunk does a quick mental check after he sees the geo-tag of the docks in Newark.

What are the ins and outs, secret locations, or general knowledge of that area?
Local Area Knowledge: 5d6t5 3

Are there usually police/guards in the area, especially during that time of the job? How about workers?
Local Area Knowledge: 5d6t5 1

Besides the Triads, are there any other gangs of note in the area?
Gang Knowledge: 5d6t5 3

How well armed are Triad look outs/guards of this type? Guns, cyberware, magical abilities/spirits?
Gang Knowledge: 5d6t5 3

He also scans his teammates, quickly, to see if he can identify any of them besides Clubs.
Criminal Knowledge: 5d6t5 5

Skunk does wait until the payment negotiations and Jelena's questions are answered before asking,

"Are there any restrictions to this job? No kills? Collateral damage?"

"And how much product do you think we'll be hauling? In terms of weight and number of parcels?"

kangaroojunk fucked around with this message at Apr 22, 2013 around 02:15

Martello
Apr 29, 2012



Bigass Moth posted:

OOC: rest of the group, I don't want to seem like I'm hogging the spotlight but I do have the highest Social skills and modifiers, so I'll take point on negotiations unless there are any objections.

IC:
Negotiation - vs. Ronnie for more money: 14d6t5 5
Roll: Negotiation 12 + First Impression 2 = 14 die

"I believe I can speak for everyone in attendance when we accept the job. However, dealing with stolen drugs and armed mooks is a little more than a simple junk run. We've never worked together before, and I think it's safe to assume the Chinese holding your stash have some familiarity with their co-conspirators, putting us at a clear disadvantage. I believe a fair price for our services is 2000Y each, plus expenses of course."


Baby Babbeh posted:

Arkady

"Not to mention the triads will undoubtedly want to know who boosted their stuff. We're in agreement this never gets back to you, but that doesn't mean it doesn't get back to us, yeah? That level of heat comes with a premium, друг."

Making a teamwork roll to help with negotiations! Negotiatin': 9d6t5 4

Nice rolls.

Ronnie sits back, glares at Tuck and Arkady for a few seconds. Then he breaks into a grin.

"Youse guys got sand, I'll fuckin give ya that!" He slaps the table. "Sure, sure I can go to 2000. Expenses, though, what expenses?"

IllustriousChen posted:

Vozač

Pulling a cigarette carton from inside her jacket, Jelena wished she could talk the talk as well as these guys.

She lit a cigarette with her zippo and exhaled the question.

"You have any more details about the setup Boss? Do you have a van or a boat we can use?
My car will not carry everyone and a containers worth of coke.

"A van or a boat. Which do you need?"

Martello
Apr 29, 2012



kangaroojunk posted:

Skunk does a quick mental check after he sees the geo-tag of the docks in Newark.

What are the ins and outs, secret locations, or general knowledge of that area?
Local Area Knowledge: 5d6t5 3

Are there usually police/guards in the area, especially during that time of the job? How about workers?
Local Area Knowledge: 5d6t5 1

Besides the Triads, are there any other gangs of note in the area?
Gang Knowledge: 5d6t5 3

How well armed are Triad look outs/guards of this type? Guns, cyberware, magical abilities/spirits?
Gang Knowledge: 5d6t5 3

He also scans his teammates, quickly, to see if he can identify any of them besides Clubs.
Criminal Knowledge: 5d6t5 5

Skunk does wait until the payment negotiations and Jelena's questions are answered before asking,

"Are there any restrictions to this job? No kills? Collateral damage?"

"And how much product do you think we'll be hauling? In terms of weight and number of parcels?"

I missed your post completely until this morning, sorry.

1. The Newark docks are one of the few parts of that city that aren't owned by the Ironbound Legends. Ares corpsec keep them out, but at the same time intentionally turn a blind eye to much of the criminal enterprise that goes on there. As long as it doesn't threaten Ares interests, of course. The Triads do a lot of business on the docks, but so do the Jersey Syndicate. Since the truce established a few years ago, there have only been a few minor disputes between them there.

2. You know Ares patrols the docks sometimes but that's about it.

3. The Legends stay out of the docks, so the Triads are all you need to worry about.

4. Gang Knowledge isn't quite right for the Triads, should be Underworld or Syndicate Knowledge, but you at least know something about how they operate. You know the Large Circle League soldiers tend to carry small automatics - machine pistols and SMGs - and adepts are fairly common. You know there are many other Awakened members in the League but you don't know if a mage or Wuxing shaman would guard a smaller drug stash like this one. You're not sure if League soldiers tend to be cybered up or not.

5. You know all the other runners by name and reputation, and you know the basic details of one or two previous runs they've been on.

Ronnie will answer the collateral damage/amount of coke question after Jelena responds with van or boat.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004



Martello posted:

Nice rolls.

Ronnie sits back, glares at Tuck and Arkady for a few seconds. Then he breaks into a grin.

"Youse guys got sand, I'll fuckin give ya that!" He slaps the table. "Sure, sure I can go to 2000. Expenses, though, what expenses?"


"If you want us to come back in one piece with the goods, we're going to need some extra help. We'll need 5 tear gas grenades, biomonitors and respirators for those of us who don't have them. It would be better if they never knew we were there until it was too late"

Negotiation - vs. Ronnie for 5 tear gas grenades: 14d6t5 6
Negotiation 12 + 2 First impression.

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012


Vozač

"Depends on the security, if it's easier to dock a boat it would be a straight ride up Newark Bay."

"Could always use both and have the van be the decoy."

Leaning over to the ashtray she knocks the ash off her cigarette.

"The boat will need some smuggling compartments in case there are patrol boats cruising around."



Frequency of police river patrols.
Area knowledge Jersey: River boat patrols.: 6d6t5 3

Martello
Apr 29, 2012



IllustriousChen posted:

Vozač

"Depends on the security, if it's easier to dock a boat it would be a straight ride up Newark Bay."

"Could always use both and have the van be the decoy."

Leaning over to the ashtray she knocks the ash off her cigarette.

"The boat will need some smuggling compartments in case there are patrol boats cruising around."



Frequency of police river patrols.
Area knowledge Jersey: River boat patrols.: 6d6t5 3

Vozač knows that Knight Errant patrols the Jersey side of the river every few hours. Although Newark is MetSec territory, Knight Errant has the whole Hudson River contract, both sides.

Ronnie

He taps his temple. "You're pretty fuckin smart, girl, you know that? The river would be great, as long as you can figure out the Knight Errant patrol schedule, and maybe grease a few palms to give you a longer no-patrol window. I can get you both a boat and a van, smuggling compartment included on the boat. I'll need until tomorrow afternoon for both, though." He puts up a finger. "But if you break em, you buy em, you know what I'm saying?"

Bigass Moth posted:

"If you want us to come back in one piece with the goods, we're going to need some extra help. We'll need 5 tear gas grenades, biomonitors and respirators for those of us who don't have them. It would be better if they never knew we were there until it was too late"

Negotiation - vs. Ronnie for 5 tear gas grenades: 14d6t5 6
Negotiation 12 + 2 First impression.

Negotiation vs Tuck: 15d6t5 2

I rolled without First Impression (Ronnie has it too) and then re-rolled with the extra 2 die. I went from 5 hits to 2. Good for you guys I guess.

Ronnie waves his hand. "Fine, fine. I'm sure I got some of those lying around. You got it, gas grenades and the rest."

kangaroojunk posted:

"Are there any restrictions to this job? No kills? Collateral damage?"

"And how much product do you think we'll be hauling? In terms of weight and number of parcels?"

Ronnie laughs. "gently caress no, kill any and all Large Circle League fucks hanging around that can." He scratches his forearm. "How much coke? Hard to say, we ain't seen the inside. I don't think the can's even close to full, I'd estimate around 10-15 kilos. We think it's just a storage stop, not any kind of major stash. They'd have way more security if it was."

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!



Arkady

"Alright, so we need Knight Errant patrol schedules, likely access to the docks' central node, probably IDs to get us access after hours and make landing and taking off with our boat less suspicious. Probably the security cameras wiped after we leave so the Triads don't see who made off with their stash?"

He nods.

"Da. This is doable."

kangaroojunk
Aug 17, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

"There may be Ares patrols on the docks as well. Legends are in the area but tend to stay out of the docks."

Skunk then bites his lip, putting on his thinking face and adds,

"There shouldn't be much in the way of magical security. Too small time to assign a mage. Maybe we could use that to our advantage if we had one of our own." Skunk lets the last statement trail off and shrugs.

kangaroojunk
Aug 17, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Martello posted:

"How much coke? Hard to say, we ain't seen the inside. I don't think the can's even close to full, I'd estimate around 10-15 kilos. We think it's just a storage stop, not any kind of major stash. They'd have way more security if it was."

"Ok. Assuming they are packed at 1 kilo bricks... Yeah. We'd just need a duffle bag."

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

The Albino

“Sounds simple enough.” He replies in response to the job that Ronnie wants them to do. Then there’s the mention of the boat. That doesn’t seem to sit well with the Troll and it causes him to cringe. “gently caress, I hate the water.” He grunts and lets out a sigh. “I guess it’s fine, as long as I stay on the goddamn thing. I don’t exactly float.”

Frank grins and slaps Skunk’s shoulder. “I’m your boy with the mojo, omae.” He looks towards the others. “I can make one of you invisible to ‘em, no problem. You could give the security cameras full frontal if ya wanted, ain’t nobody going to see you. I can knock ‘em on their rear end too if it comes down to it, as well as make sure they never start shootin’ in the first place.” He thinks for a moment. "Spirits work different for me, so don't expect too much on that front right at the present moment. Unless you want them destroyed, which is all peaches and cream."

For Skunk's Criminal Knowledge Roll, in terms of other runs, he'd know about the job he did for Skids and the beating that the Russian received from the Troll, along with the fact that the Troll can hold a grudge for a very long time. He would also know that Frank has acted as a 'cleaner' once or twice before.

Dapper Dan fucked around with this message at Apr 23, 2013 around 13:35

Piell
Sep 3, 2006



Clubs

Geoff has been putting together a plan mentally while the others talk. "One of you drives the van in close, with me hanging on the back invisible. Act a little suspicious or something, make 'em get out of their truck. If they don't, we can toss a grenade in through the window. Either way, once they're out I can take 'em out before they know what's hit 'em, but we can have someone else riding in the back as backup in case things go south. Boat pulls up, we hide the drugs in it, and split. In and out in a couple of minutes, tops. Who here knows how to drive, boat or car?"

I was gonna have Vozač drive the boat, since she's the only one with Pilot: Watercraft. But it turns out nobody besides me has Pilot: Groundcraft, so let's put her as the van driver instead, with the Albino riding in back to stunbolt/stunball/anti-mage as needed. Friar Tuck's 5 untrained dice in Pilot: Watercraft should at least get it to the dock with Skunk on board as backup, and if we need to I can take over with 7 dice on the way out. Arkady can ride with whoever he thinks will need hacking more. Also you jerks need to learn to drive, sheesh. Anyway the van is the distraction/decoy - it'll look suspicious, but Vozač and the Albino don't have SIN records, aren't wanted, and aren't carrying any drugs, so they can get stopped/pulled over all they want. Meanwhile, the boat crew should have bribed a time period free and will have drugs hidden/an invisible street sam in the case of trouble.

Piell fucked around with this message at Apr 23, 2013 around 17:29

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004



Friar Tuck
I used to take the boat out back in Italy, so I believe I can handle that. What do they say..."it's like riding a bike?" Only with water. I still say we smoke them out and try to keep our faces out of their memory.

And Ronnie, we've agreed on 2000Y each, total of 10000Y for the group. If anyone doesn't make it back alive, you split their cut among the survivors.

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012


Vozač

"Driving is my speciality. If we need to run with the van I'd be best behind the wheel."

"The plan sounds simple, like you say, we distract them, take them down and sail the drugs out."

"Get the drugs on the boat without being seen and then the van can lure away any response teams that show up."



I'm down with the plan.

kangaroojunk
Aug 17, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dapper Dan posted:

The Albino
Frank grins and slaps Skunk’s shoulder. “I’m your boy with the mojo, omae.” He looks towards the others. “I can make one of you invisible to ‘em, no problem. You could give the security cameras full frontal if ya wanted, ain’t nobody going to see you. I can knock ‘em on their rear end too if it comes down to it, as well as make sure they never start shootin’ in the first place.” He thinks for a moment. "Spirits work different for me, so don't expect too much on that front right at the present moment. Unless you want them destroyed, which is all peaches and cream."

"I was hoping you'd say something like that," Skunk says, then adds in a quieter tone to Frank, "Your reputation precedes you." He then nods with respect.

kangaroojunk
Aug 17, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

In a lull during planning, Skunk shrugs and says, "No objections here."

To Clubs, he says with a smirk, "Pare, you got some balls, ready to jump out a van and lay smack on those intsik. You bad."

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

The Albino

He raises a brow to the Friar. "Well that's what I'm here for too, omae. My mojo can patch people up. Done it plenty of times. Ain't nobody dyin' around here."

Frank turns towards skunk. "Thanks, we'll get along just fine." He gives the changeling a toothy grin.

At the mention of acting suspicious, he pipes up. "Best if someone came up looking like a junky or a chip head. Or maybe an out n' out looney tune. Somethin' a bit harmless, we don't want them shootin'. One of the mooks might get high on the supply and be paranoid as all gently caress. You never know. Better yet, might be able to bribe an actual junkie to do it for a bottle of Thunderbird, no need show our own faces."

I'd recommend against me driving unless necessary, since I've got 1 CHA I can't talk my way out of anything in case of trouble. Though I could probably use Alter Memory creatively ("This is not the cocaine you are looking for") if it came down to it. No problem being the anti-mage or the artillery, however!

Martello
Apr 29, 2012



Bigass Moth posted:

And Ronnie, we've agreed on 2000Y each, total of 10000Y for the group. If anyone doesn't make it back alive, you split their cut among the survivors.

"It's 12 large if you could fuckin count, paesan." Ronnie grins at Tuck. "Hey, I didn't go to college either. It's the math SPU." He taps the side of his head. "What do you mean split the cut? Two grand each was the price you haggled me to, and that's the price you get. I don't want you mooks whackin' each other out there to get an extra few 'yen. Just finish the job and I'll pay you, then maybe we can all do business again." He shakes a finger. "This is a growth industry youse guys are getting into."

"I'll get you the boat by tomorrow morning. It's a pretty nice rig, a Spitzenreiter. Smuggling compartment and everything. The van, on the other hand," Ronnie shrugs. "Piece of poo poo is all I got on hand at short notice. I'll leave it here, text the lock codes to all a youse."


You guys will get this from Ronnie tomorrow.

Blohm & Voss Spitzenreiter (Utility Watercraft)
+Additional Fuel Tank
+Pilot Program Rating 2
+Smuggling Compartment, Normal
+Vehicle Sensor

Along with

Volkswagen Supercombi III (Passenger Van)
+Obsolescent
+Vehicle Sensor

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!



Arkady

Arkady nodded. Speed, simplicity, efficiency of movement, a little misdirection. It was a good plan.

"Da. I think that will do. I will make sure the cameras see nothing during the run. I will also try to get us that patrol schedule. No promises, but it might be possible to create a Knight Errant ID for the boat. That way if the mussor run across it they will assume it is one of their own. I will need to be aboard to spoof the data trail, of course."

Right, I'ma make the rolls to see how long the hacking process takes now and write up the post describing it tomorrow. Suffice it to say I want a security account at the docks and an Admin account at Knight Errant.

It took 4 hours to crack each system for a total of 8 hours spent hacking.


Baby Babbeh fucked around with this message at Apr 24, 2013 around 05:33

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004



Martello posted:

"It's 12 large if you could fuckin count, paesan." Ronnie grins at Tuck. "Hey, I didn't go to college either. It's the math SPU." He taps the side of his head. "What do you mean split the cut? Two grand each was the price you haggled me to, and that's the price you get. I don't want you mooks whackin' each other out there to get an extra few 'yen. Just finish the job and I'll pay you, then maybe we can all do business again." He shakes a finger. "This is a growth industry youse guys are getting into."

Friar Tuck shakes his head and glances around the room, amazed to see Skunk standing right next to him. His hallucinations must be acting up, because he could swear there were only five runners on this team. He reminds himself to supplicate more than usual in his morning prayer session.

Hrmmm....fair is fair Ronnie, I must have misspoken.

The plan sounds good Clubs, I'll be ready at the boat slip tomorrow night at our agreed upon time. I'll keep one of the gas grenades with me in case things get hairy while Skunk and I are alone. Rendevous at the pier with the goods and Skunk and I will get the package back to Ronnie's drop point.

Synchronize commlinks and biomonitors for an 11 PM hit. Hide your faces with the gas masks if you feel you need to; No point getting tagged by a camera drone when we can work around it.

Friar Tuck marks the locations of the warehouse, docks, and drop point on his Mapsoft

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012


Vozač

"Good. I will come for the van at ten tomorrow night. Meet me here if you're riding in it."

Jelena stands and stubs out her cigarette.

"See you tomorrow night."

Jelena marks the locations into her mapsoft too.

kangaroojunk
Aug 17, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Skunk

"Plan sound good to me, y'all," Skunk says, turning to leave. "Here is my contact info..." He texts information to the group.

Then, he snaps back to face the everyone again. "Someone may want to look into possible Ares dock security for the van group, in case. Never can be too careful, right?"

He then does an about face to head on out again, saying as he goes, "Just mentioning. I'll be on the boat!"

Still walking out, Skunk turns his head back to Friar Tuck and says, "I'll meet you at our vehicle."

Further still, Skunk yells back to those remaining, "Good luck to us all!" Then, starts humming "When Will I See You Again" by the Three Degrees before finally disappearing from view.

Skunk notes all relevant places and times on his phone. Once home, besides his usual runner gear and weapons, he procures 3 large backpacks and a ski mask from among his kids' things.

kangaroojunk
Aug 17, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Skunk

An idea came to Skunk, way later, after the meeting with Ronnie, as ideas seem to do for the hobgoblin.

And it was this: The old blame-another-gang-for-a-crime-you-actually-did trick. Ah, yes, the old blame-another-gang-for-a-crime-you-actually-did trick. There should probably be a shorter name for that, Skunk thought.

He thought of the Legends' signature/tag/colors.
Gang ID: 5d6t5 2

If we can leave some gang marker, it may through the scent off us and Ronnie even more.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006



Clubs

Geoff nods at the others and heads out to his motorcycle and returns to his apartment. After checking on his siblings (all asleep), he checks over his weapons and digs out his gas mask before heading to sleep.

So, do we want these guys left alive (and unconscious) or dead? Because I can do either.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012



kangaroojunk posted:

Skunk

An idea came to Skunk, way later, after the meeting with Ronnie, as ideas seem to do for the hobgoblin.

And it was this: The old blame-another-gang-for-a-crime-you-actually-did trick. Ah, yes, the old blame-another-gang-for-a-crime-you-actually-did trick. There should probably be a shorter name for that, Skunk thought.

He thought of the Legends' signature/tag/colors.
Gang ID: 5d6t5 2

If we can leave some gang marker, it may through the scent off us and Ronnie even more.

Good idea, and very familiar.

Skunk has seen plenty of Legends members in his day - usually from a distance, the Legends being out of his league in his ganger days - and knows that they wear a lot of purple and silver. They're big on tagging, using old-school spray cans. Tags are anything from ganger street names to slogans to mini-murals of violent scenes. Purple and silver are always used in the tags.

Piell posted:

So, do we want these guys left alive (and unconscious) or dead? Because I can do either.

Ronnie made it pretty clear that he wants the Triad soldiers dead, but of course you guys can do whatever.

kangaroojunk
Aug 17, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Skunk

Skunk texts the team the idea of framing or at least leaving evidence of the Legends at the scene. He asks that someone from the van group pick up some spray paint cans before the run, to be used to tag the area.

He then searches his home for silver and purple spray paint. For a few extra cans, he goes to a hardware store far from his home to purchase purple paint, mixing the purchase with other colors. For silver, he goes to an art store far from his home, again mixing his purchase with other colors of spray paint. If questioned about the reason for his purchases, he will respond that it is for one of his kid's school projects. Skunk handles the cans carefully, wiping prints already present and making sure he is only handling the cans with gloves on. He also scratches off the expiration date and bar code on each can.

kangaroojunk fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2013 around 20:13

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004



Friar Tuck

In the morning, Friar Tuck says his Morning Offering prayer among his other Catholic rituals. He prepares for the night's run with his standard combat loadout, plus the gas grenade and biomonitor acquired from Ronnie. He also swings by the pier to check that the boat is there and that there is no suspicious activity, and is satisfied that things seem normal.

Just before 10 PM, he enacts his Facial Sculpt power -- changing his face's appearance by raising the cheekbones, slanting the eyes, elongating the chin and nose, and giving his ears Elven points. He scopes out the pier for potential danger, visibly and via hearing.


Visual roll = Perception 7 (Visual) 9 + 3 Vision Enhancement = 12 die
Pier visual perception roll: 12d6t5 2

Audio roll = Perception 7 + 3 Audio Enhancement = 10 die
Pier audio perception roll: 10d6t5 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012


Vozač

The next day Jelena notes the text from Skunk and aquires a couple of cans of paint from a local hardware store. She spends the day cleaning her guns and preparing her gear satchel.

At about nine she sets off on the thirty minute drive between Fair Lawn and Elizabeth. She notes that there isn't much trafic on NJ-21 this time of night.

Using the keycode from Ronnie to access the warehouse Jelena parks her car inside and walks over to the van.

Looking at the state of it she decides to give it a once over, checking the fuel, tires and under the hood. It looks okay to her, but she isn't any kind of mechanic.

She then sits back and waits for the others to arrive.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«8 »