Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

I've owned every iPhone (yes, every model) and have loved each one of them except for the original model because it wasn't 3G. I've also owned every iPad and currently have the iPad 2 (wife) and iPad 4 (mine) and absolutely love them both.

However, I've had the itch to try Android (phone only, not tablet) mostly because of the larger screen size and for the open system allowing lots of different applications, etc.

I've purchased the HTC One and used it over the weekend and here are my first impressions based off 48 hours of using the device.

Phone (hardware)
  • + 4.7" 1080p screen is beautiful. The size is GREAT and is really the killer feature. The quality of the screen also rivals or beats the iPhone 5.
  • + Speakers are incredible. The best I've ever heard from a phone.
  • + Build quality is similar to iPhone. It feels fantastic.
  • - Power button is almost flush with the phone and very difficult to press.
  • - No dedicated silent/vibrate switch
  • - Capacitive buttons (home and back) are OK but I'd rather physical buttons.
  • - No menu button so a lot of applications display a large horizontal "menu button" taking up a large portion of the screen.

Software (Android 4.2.1)
  • + Tons of "low-level" settings and information
    • Enable/disable specific Bluetooth profiles
    • Detailed battery statistics
    • Detailed cpu statistics, usage, etc.
  • + Custom launchers are really interesting and useful.
  • + Tons of neat software like emulators, tethering applications, etc. All of this forbidden in iOS.
  • + File browser and multiple applications can share/open one copy of a file!
  • ++ Swype keyboard is GREAT.
  • -- Multitasking is confusing. Sometimes "backing" out of an application will close it and other times it will stay open indefinitely (?) [example: Skype]
  • ?? Some phones support Bluetooth AVCRP (track info, etc) but certain applications don't?

Applications
  • + Most applications from iOS are also available on Android.
  • - User interface is all over-the-place. No consistency.
  • - Applications tend to crash a lot.
  • -- Most applications do not run good on Android. (see below)

The biggest problem/concern I'm having right now is applications. Here are some examples of what I'm talking about :

• Browser (Chrome and built-in HTC Sense browser) - It's fast but not quite as fast as Safari on iOS. The scrolling isn't as smooth but it's very close and most people probably wouldn't care. It also handles things like videos embedded in websites differently than Safari so they don't play automatically, etc. This isn't a big deal but just different than what I'm used to.[/*]
  • Skype - I was talking with my mom last night and it crashed three times.
  • Games - Everything I've tried doesn't run very good or not as good as the iPhone 5. I've read that developers need to optimize the apps for the new hardware (s600 cpu) but that's one of the problems with Android I think.
  • Music - iTunes is really nice for music.

I'm not biased towards either phone or operating system but I think so far I slightly prefer iOS but I wish they would make a bigger phone.

However, I'm going to keep using the Android and see what happens in the next few days...

Has anybody switched either direction? What are your experiences?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lox
Apr 24, 2006

coffin party

After using an Android device for the past 3 years, I finally got fed up with it constantly being a piece of poo poo and bought an iPhone 5. As you noted, overall performance of iOS is just smoother and more snappy. Every experience I've had with Android leaves me to describe it with one word: choppy.

The larger screen is also a deal breaker for some but personally, I'd rather have a phone that fits in my pocket without me noticing it or feeling it every time I walk, move, etc.

E: being jail broken also allows me to do everything I could on a rooted Android

meecrob
Jul 3, 2007
I'd scarf down a whole wet bucket full of shit before I ate another plate of meecrob.

Try Tango instead of Skype.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

I'm in the same boat as you! The One is the first Android phone I've ever been really impressed with and I decided to jump in with both feet. I've not had much chance to play with it yet but I will say that it seems really, really fast. I'm don't really play any games on my phone so, outside of Vine, I've not really found any apps that I haven't been able to get back on Android. Plus, android seems more compatible with my car & with the upcoming google glass.

I've been bored with iOS since the 4S came out and even though I got the 5, it's just not been enough to excite me. It's jailbroken and it currently looks more like an android phone than an iPhone. My main problem was the lack of productivity with the iPhone. I love being jailbroken and having the ability to look at the lock screen and see my phone calls, texts, calendar, weather...everything. Google Now gives me this and it's freaking awesome.

Who knows, I may keep this phone only until the 5S or 6 comes out if they dramatically change the OS in iOS7 but I seriously doubt they will.

suddenlyissoon fucked around with this message at Apr 22, 2013 around 13:51

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.

First time Android user, came from an Iphone 4 after 3 years to an HTC One. I left Apple because I found IOS to be too boring, and that bigger screens looked cool. Very happy with my choice, although the battery is nowhere near as good as my Iphone 4, the lack of a mute button is noticed and I hate the how the image gallery tries to shoehorn in Facebook bullshit. Saying that, overall I'm very happy as this phone is sexy as gently caress.

meecrob
Jul 3, 2007
I'd scarf down a whole wet bucket full of shit before I ate another plate of meecrob.

I love my Android because I always have a portable gaming system with me. It's loaded with emulators and paired to a PS3 controller via Sixaxis Controller app. $10 HDMI cable and any flat screen TV and I am never bored. During Easter, I had my RAZR Maxx playing 3D games for 6 hours straight on battery to keep the kids entertained. 2 kids sharing a controller on the couch watching the TV versus them fighting over a tablet or phone.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.

Couple applications I'd recommend:

1) dolphin browser
2) advanced task killer
3) touchdown if you're using it for work email from a corporate office
4) data enabler

Also use the Google calendar sync widget. Its great.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Do you see?

Vinlaen posted:

[*]- No menu button so a lot of applications display a large horizontal "menu button" taking up a large portion of the screen.

This was a complaint with the One S and X, and in an upgrade HTC gave you the option of making the 'browse open applications' button the menu button, with a long-press giving you 'browse applications' do-da. I'd assume you can still do this(?).

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

The HTC One has two buttons:

Back
Home

Home - Single Tap - Returns to home screen
Home - Double Tap - Multitasking Menu
Home - Long Press - Google Now
Back - [All??] - Returns back a menu

That's all I've been able to figure out

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Junkenstein posted:

This was a complaint with the One S and X, and in an upgrade HTC gave you the option of making the 'browse open applications' button the menu button, with a long-press giving you 'browse applications' do-da. I'd assume you can still do this(?).

I think that's the issue in general. You're going from the typical 4 button layout (home, menu, back and search) down to 2 buttons. It sounds like they mapped multi task, home, and search all into the home button, but nothing duplicates the menu button. I'm two generations behind with my HTC phone, so right now for me a long press on home brings up multitasking.

It'd be nice going into version 5 for OEMS and google to finally figure out a decent layout. Either make everything software, or stick to a certain button configuration. It's not the end of the world but it's still one of the sloppiest things about android and for an OS that's been around for 5 years now, you'd think they'd figure something out already.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

The menu button not being there is more or less about them following Android design guidelines and application developers being stuck in 2011 still with their apps. My Galaxy Nexus has no menu button as well, android application guidelines should they be used fix the lack of no dedicated menu button as was intended. Don't blame the phone, blame the devs for not updating their lovely apps.

Also as far as multitasking goes, when you back out it should close the application. However, cases such as Skype are different as their notification services are based on the program running in the background to some degree. That said, android handles multitasking rather efficiently and will adjust on the fly to meet the current needs of whatever is being used etc. Of course sometimes you run into hiccups and something might crash.

Pretty much 95% of complaints with Android can be attributed to application developers making a lovely product or Android/Google being a little too open with allowing people to make whatever they want. You can't have an app on the appstore unless it meets apple design guidelines and they approve it. With Android the guidelines are a suggestion, not a requirement, plus most apps need to run on so many different versions it's a little worse depending on the application.

*I had an iPhone 2G, 3G and 4S. My first Android phone was a Nexus One after getting tired of iOS on my 3G. I haven't switched back since, the 4S was a contract burn and sell. The way I look at it is iOS is for people that like being limited by what someone else says you can do and Android is for people that want to make the choice for themselves. Jailbreaking doesn't really compare to even a non-rooted Android phone it terms of "openness" no matter what anyone tells you.

thebushcommander fucked around with this message at Apr 22, 2013 around 18:36

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

c0ldfuse posted:

2) advanced task killer

Don't do that.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

What he said. Task Killers haven't been worth using since Android 2.1 and even then I don't think it was worth it.

ExcessBLarg!
Aug 31, 2001

thebushcommander posted:

The menu button not being there is more or less about them following Android design guidelines and application developers being stuck in 2011 still with their apps.
While true, the problem is a bigger issue on HTC devices that do feature capacitive home and back buttons, but no capacitive menu button. On the Galaxy Nexus, "old apps" just add a fourth button to the existing on-screen button bar. On HTC phones, the on-screen button bar pops-up with just a menu button.

Samsung devices still have capactivive menu buttons, so they don't have to worry about that problem, but does lead to UI inconsistency as some apps (e.g., Chrome) hide the on-screen menu button while others still show it.

thebushcommander posted:

Also as far as multitasking goes, when you back out it should close the application.
Usually the way it works is that for any app you have to explicitly sign into an account for, you have to explicitly sign out of. Facebook, G+, Skype, Talk, etc., all have the capability of receiving notifications when the app is "closed", and usually that's what users want.

Grumpwagon
May 5, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Some responses.

Vinlaen posted:

Software (Android 4.2.1)

The One actually uses 4.1.2

lox posted:

After using an Android device for the past 3 years, I finally got fed up with it constantly being a piece of poo poo and bought an iPhone 5. As you noted, overall performance of iOS is just smoother and more snappy. Every experience I've had with Android leaves me to describe it with one word: choppy.

The larger screen is also a deal breaker for some but personally, I'd rather have a phone that fits in my pocket without me noticing it or feeling it every time I walk, move, etc.

E: being jail broken also allows me to do everything I could on a rooted Android

This has become much less of an issue with Jelly Bean (and hardware designed for Jelly Bean). Most people say it's very close now, but with iOS still being a little better, especially in the web browser. Still an issue, but close enough to not be a deal breaker anymore for most people.

henpod posted:

the lack of a mute button

No dedicated mute button, but on most phones, holding down the power button will bring up a menu to mute quickly.

meecrob posted:

I love my Android because I always have a portable gaming system with me. It's loaded with emulators and paired to a PS3 controller via Sixaxis Controller app. $10 HDMI cable and any flat screen TV and I am never bored. During Easter, I had my RAZR Maxx playing 3D games for 6 hours straight on battery to keep the kids entertained. 2 kids sharing a controller on the couch watching the TV versus them fighting over a tablet or phone.

The most Android post ever.

c0ldfuse posted:

Couple applications I'd recommend:

2) advanced task killer

As has been mentioned already: Don't do this.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Haha I'm kinda the opposite. I've had every iPad and iPhone except the iPhone 3G because I was on a carrier with no 3G back then.

I've been on iPhone 5 since it came out but I find Android more convenient (way less taps overall). So I'll probably switch back in a month if the One works out for people or they announce a Nexus 4 with LTE.

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003

Be careful what you wish for.

I've been seeing mixed reports on the battery life of the One, can anyone with the phone post some screenshots of the battery chart and screen on time?

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Thanks so much for all of the information and opinions from everybody here.

I've decided to buy an iPad Mini and stay with my iPhone 5 for now...

If anybody is interested in the HTC One (64 GB developer edition), I've put it in the SA-Mart for sale but if nobody is interested I'll just send it back to HTC.

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me

AppleCobbler posted:

I've been seeing mixed reports on the battery life of the One, can anyone with the phone post some screenshots of the battery chart and screen on time?

I can't post screenshots right now but I've had mixed results with the battery life. It seems to be greatly effected by signal strength, more than other android phones I've owned. Here at the office I have 4-5 bars of signal and get great battery life. It's been off charge for over 8 hours, I've texted and email a lot, gamed for about an hour, and been on the phone for an hour or so and it's still at 73%. However at home where it clings to a 1 bar signal and I can't use Roam Control any more, the battery would be dead in maybe three hours of that same use.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Evil Crouton posted:

and I can't use Roam Control any more

Why not? It's one of those killer apps I would hate to lose. You can't root this phone?

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me

zer0spunk posted:

Why not? It's one of those killer apps I would hate to lose. You can't root this phone?

From what I gather the AT&T One is easy to root, I'm not sure about my Sprint model. I'm not particularly familiar with rooting and haven't bothered yet.

sedaps
Jan 29, 2004

I asked in the android apps thread but figured it is probably better to ask here as most of you problem dealt with the same issue.

Whats the best way to port over my contact list from my iPhone to HTC One?

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.

sedaps posted:

I asked in the android apps thread but figured it is probably better to ask here as most of you problem dealt with the same issue.

Whats the best way to port over my contact list from my iPhone to HTC One?

When I first started up my One, it asked me if I wanted to transfer a backup from somewhere, including the option to do it from an iPhone. I just pointed to the backup file that itunes made and everything, texts included went straight over no problem.

sedaps
Jan 29, 2004

henpod posted:

When I first started up my One, it asked me if I wanted to transfer a backup from somewhere, including the option to do it from an iPhone. I just pointed to the backup file that itunes made and everything, texts included went straight over no problem.

This worked perfect! Thanks

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget

AppleCobbler posted:

with the power saver OFF and heavy use, I made it all day today and still have 25% left. With power saver on and medium-light use (normal workday) I have ~70% left when I go to bed.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

dude, you're harshin' my mellow.

Coming from the iPhone 5, the battery on the One is much better than I expected. Yesterday, I had over 50 percent after 14+ hours off the charger with regular use. The only thing I've found that drains the battery fast is lots and lots of screen on time. But this kills every smartphone.

The One Has WAY better battery life than my N4 did and significantly better than my S3. I'd say it's close to on par for me with the iPhone 5, though a lot of my usage is streaming music and podcasts. Certainly nothing to whine about.

Easy to make it to the evening for me without power saver and I can be at well over 50 percent with it on.

Garmann
Nov 4, 2009

I might be in a similar position soon (being a first time android user) as there are rumblings about my workplace standardising on an android phone. I've never owned one but the things that reviews rarely mention is general application and phone stability so how stable is the HTC One, does it ever crash or randomly reboot? What about the applications, are they stable? I like to listen to music and use rdio all the time and having that application be crash prone would be terrible. I see that the OP mentions applications crashing but is it all applications, some and are they being patched for stability?

Basically what I'm wondering is how stable is the OS?

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Garmann posted:

I might be in a similar position soon (being a first time android user) as there are rumblings about my workplace standardising on an android phone. I've never owned one but the things that reviews rarely mention is general application and phone stability so how stable is the HTC One, does it ever crash or randomly reboot? What about the applications, are they stable? I like to listen to music and use rdio all the time and having that application be crash prone would be terrible. I see that the OP mentions applications crashing but is it all applications, some and are they being patched for stability?

Basically what I'm wondering is how stable is the OS?

So far I haven't had to reboot once. The only app I've had any trouble with is the TomTom satnav app, but that's definitely because the app itself is poo poo. The app I use most is Poweramp and that's been as solid as a rock.

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003

I went ahead and got the One as well. Battery life is pretty good. Not as impressive as my Note 2, but still pretty decent. Feels nice to be able to use a phone one handed again!

I dropped it outside and had a heart attack, all it got was a couple tiny scrapes on it. But, I took it as a sign that I needed a case for it and ordered the forum-favorite Diztronic tpu case. I can say that this case adds basically 0 bulk and fits like a glove. Also the matte black looks and feels great on it, makes it more comfortable to hold.

I was worried the case would take away from the great looks of the phone, but it really doesn't, and the front still looks stunning and eye catching.

AppleCobbler fucked around with this message at Apr 27, 2013 around 13:21

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Goon from Greece

My biggest gripe with the One is the removal of the mail widget...

Why on earth would they do this...Is there a replacement for it that can be found on the Play store? Anything I've tracked down needs either a 3rd party launcher or a different mail app.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

The main thing I miss about my iPhone is being able to wake up the phone with something other than the power button.

CountOfNowhere
Feb 26, 2004
.....there's 20 of them!

I upgraded from my iPhone 4 to an HTC One X+ and it was less than a day before I parted with the $35 exchange fee and had an iPhone 5 in my hand. Android requires so much loving brainpower to use, the iPhone is mindlessly easy.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

thebushcommander posted:

Also as far as multitasking goes, when you back out it should close the application. However, cases such as Skype are different as their notification services are based on the program running in the background to some degree. That said, android handles multitasking rather efficiently and will adjust on the fly to meet the current needs of whatever is being used etc. Of course sometimes you run into hiccups and something might crash.

Not exactly - anything you start yourself usually hangs around in the recent apps list, until the OS decides it needs some memory. You can swipe anything away that you want to explicitly close. Some things automatically disappear when you back out, like if you go into one of the quick toggle menus on stock 4.2.2.

Sometimes you'll be on one app, and it will call another to handle some action (like a browser to open a link). Usually that's 'within' the main app on the recent apps list, and when you back out of that helper app it'll disappear. But if you do certain stuff, or go using other running apps, that helper app can split off and run on its own, so backing out of it doesn't neatly step backwards into the app that called it.

The back button is one of the most awkward things, and it's kinda left up to devs to try and handle that navigation, but hopefully the stuff the Android team is working on will make this more consistent, or easier for devs to work with at least.

But yeah, if you want rid of a running app, swipe it away, otherwise don't worry about it.

Snowman95
Nov 25, 2004
Otay? Otay!

I went from, iphone 3gs - 4 - 4s to Galaxy note 2

Can't go back

Although upgrading android to 4.1.2 messed up wifi connectivity and had to roll back (but that was due to samsungs firmware apparently)

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005
I plan to live forever.... So far so good!

Thank you for making this thread. I was going to ask a few questions in the main Android thread, but I'm very glad that this one is out. I've been a very long time iPhone user (3G, 3Gs, 4, 4S and 5) and part of the reason why I didn't want to leave the iPhone was because of the amount of money I've spent in the Apple Store.

I played with the phone a bit at Best Buy and I really like the look and feel of the phone. The design is very nice, I like the materials it really feels like a premium phone.

I've been watching a lot of YouTube reviews for the phone, but the interface looks a lot like the Samsung Galaxy S4? Aside from the Blink-feed of course. I'm assuming this is because of it's just an Android platform?

Speaking of Blink-feed, how does everyone feel about it? I'm not into social media much, although I do have a lot of RSS feeds I subscribe to. I hear that I cannot manage the feeds personally, but is there anything in the works that would allow me to do so?

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010

obi_ant posted:

Speaking of Blink-feed, how does everyone feel about it? I'm not into social media much, although I do have a lot of RSS feeds I subscribe to. I hear that I cannot manage the feeds personally, but is there anything in the works that would allow me to do so?

Its nice to see a quick overview of things your interested in but as you mentioned you're stuck with the sites HTC gives you. Theres always the flipboard app which is practically the same thing.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

cram potential

Evil Crouton posted:

I can't post screenshots right now but I've had mixed results with the battery life. It seems to be greatly effected by signal strength, more than other android phones I've owned. Here at the office I have 4-5 bars of signal and get great battery life. It's been off charge for over 8 hours, I've texted and email a lot, gamed for about an hour, and been on the phone for an hour or so and it's still at 73%. However at home where it clings to a 1 bar signal and I can't use Roam Control any more, the battery would be dead in maybe three hours of that same use.

You might be surprised how much control the network has over a lot of stuff that happens in your phone, the network actually controls the power output of your phone depending on the signal strength it reports to its serving cell. If you only have one bar at home the network is probably telling your phone to output at max transmit power to stay connected at all. At least that's how GSM works, I assume CDMA has a similar function. Either that or I just made myself look dumb.

Either way thanks for this thread, I've been using an iPhone 3GS since it came out (it refuses to die, very frustrating) and I'm upgrading to either the One or the Galaxy S4 in a couple weeks, and I appreciate the insight.

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003

obi_ant posted:

I posted this in the other thread, but:

Blinkfeed is cool, if only as some casual viewing while standing in line or sitting on the toilet. It would be cool if it could just plugin with a better news aggregator or RSS feed(though with the death of Google Reader on the way, you should look at moving on from RSS). Maybe they'll add those features to it down the line, but don't hold your breath.

As for Facebook on Blinkfeed, it's okay but most of the time it just shows the photos and captions from pages I've liked versus my friends, and no method for blocking it. Makes it feel like it's just serving up ads. I chock that up to the maintainers of the pages being better at increasing page visibility though.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

suddenlyissoon posted:

The main thing I miss about my iPhone is being able to wake up the phone with something other than the power button.
Feels kind of silly to say, but this is the #1 reason I'm probably going to opt for the S4 over the One when I upgrade from my 4S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Cola
Nov 1, 2005

Quality Guaranteed.

It's funny, the OP might as well have been something I wrote myself because I feel the exact same way. I already tried switching last year from the iPhone 4 to the HTC One X and had it for about 20 days and returned it. I think I might have forgotten about why Android doesn't work for me when I bought this HTC One to replace my iPhone 5. Fundamentally I am in love with the hardware but the software just doesn't work for me.

Here are the things that I have noticed:

- Bluetooth is extremely flaky. I use the Slacker app on the iPhone a lot and I just had to straight up stop using it on Android. I've gotten into the habit of just keeping my phone in my pocket and when I get in my car it just starts playing music via bluetooth under whichever app last had control of the music (usually Slacker). It works perfectly 90% of the time - I get song titles on the screen and in the heads up display and when I get out of the car the music pauses. The Android app is a totally different story. It never "remembers" the last app that had music control so it always starts playing from the Play Music app. Then when I switch to Slacker I get no song titles, just the title of the song that isn't playing in Play Music. Then when I get out of the car it pauses then starts playing by itself on speakerphone in my pocket, and thanks to BoomSound I nearly poo poo my pants every time. Eventually I switched to Pandora but it isn't much better - only issue that resolved is the playing by itself thing.

- This thing has managed to pocket dial 911 3 times in the last 4 days. Two times it actually went through, the fourth I caught it on the emergency call screen with 8923589#####0915095712### in the dialer. The Emergency Call button on the pin pad screen is massive and when pressed it brings up the dialer plus an "emergency calls list" that has a shortcut to 911. Two errant presses and it's dialing.

- Battery life is pretty marginal. I unplugged my phone at 7:30 AM and it's now 11:30 AM and I'm at 85%. I haven't made any calls, played any music, watched any videos, taken any pictures... and BetterBatteryStats shows a screen on time of only 25 minutes. I travel a lot and this thing is going to kill me since not only does the battery not last long but it is extremely slow to charge as well, so trying to juice it up real quick sitting at the airport gate won't do much good.

- Widgets just seem like a gimmick to me. Or they don't work the way you would expect. "Oh look, a cool Gmail widget, let me click on this email from my work account to read the whole thing" *just opens Gmail to the inbox, for a totally different account*

- The camera lens glass seems very soft, I've only had it for a week and I've already got a nice scratch on it.

- I miss some of the iPhone features like Find My Friends and FaceTime which don't have any good alternatives (trust me, I've tried them all)

- There is so little design consistency across Android apps. I'm not saying there aren't any well designed apps out there, but I run into WAY too many of these: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ns.ToMarketFull

- The back I'm Feeling Lucky button

I have a feeling this thing is going back which really sucks. The hardware is just so drat great but the underlying OS has these flaws I just can't seem to get around. Oh Apple, why won't you make the screen resolution in iOS 7 scalable and ship it on a phone with a 5 inch display

«2 »