Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

With an idle gesture of his hands Zhang sends the data zipping off to the others, with some comments.

bware grl in red, prbly hddn sec staff "Tzu-Hsi" ownr dghtr
brtndr nmed "Kuba" apprch w/ caution

He mentally growls at not knowing the shorthand for "caution," and takes a seat at an empty table, looking like another average customer while his eyes control his inputs. "Let's see what this place is fronting for..."

With a blink, the dive into the bar's more secure files begins. What is the Golden Dragon getting out of this place, these days?

K Prime fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jun 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Marcus

Marcus tapped his communicator "I'm about to poke the hornet's nest, keep an eye out to see what they try to hide" he said as he took a calming breath, he might be walking to a firing squad after all.

He approached the wandering waitress with a smile "Could I bother you for whatever whisky you have, on the rocks if it isn't too much trouble" he said with a warm smile as he sat down, acting like the wealthy rich heir he was, taking out a wad of cash and waiting

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 13, 2013

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

Zhang San hears Marcus' idiot idea, sighs, and subtly unlatches the catch on his holster. With his other hand he gestures, and the Black Fan's fire and security alarms are primed to go on his mark- just in case of trouble. Then he brings his gun hand back up. "Waitress? A drink. I think I'm going to need it."

KPrime, --//+4 = 2 Systems to set up advantage Rigged to Blow

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.
Aidan Frost

Well, that was great. At least he figured out what that girl was talking about. Plus it would be nice to talk to someone that at least understood a little of what he's going through. That is to say, it would be nice to talk to someone who isn't human. Still, that whole thing about the drinks really rubs him wrong. Aidan takes a moment to fire off a quick message through the comms.

pre:
Mr.Frost: Yo, everyone who wants booze, I feel ya, but dont order drinks.
Mr.Frost: Bartenders totally the thing the girl was talking about. Spiking the drinks.
With that, Aidan decides that it's time to start talking. He walks on up to the bar and slaps one of his gloved hands on the countertop. "Yo, barkeep, I'd like a round." When he has Kuba's attention, Aidan leans in and gives him a somewhat unsettling look. Part of it may be that knowing, poo poo-eating grin, and part of it may be the strange gleam in his eye that one could swear was there. "I'd hold the dreamy something extra though, if I were you."

Rolling Provoke to be all "yo I know what you are don't gently caress with me" <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, ++/-+3 = 4

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Santiago - FP: 0

"What, we're leaving already? drat. Didn't even get to put the moves on any cute girls." Santiago protested as he saw Zhang ready himself for action and received Aidan's message. "We can always hit up another club later, though. Whatcha say, Zhang?" Though his idle chatter was calm and relaxed, anyone looking at Santiago closely would notice that his body was in tension now, awaiting that inevitable moment when everything went to hell to make a break for it. What he'd seen of the Black Fan had intrigued him enough that he wanted to see what was behind its glitzy faēade up close and personal now.

Rolling Athletics to create an advantage. A roll of +3 successfully generates the Ready...Set... Aspect.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
Matsubah Jyo

"I've been here before, when that Zhīzhū first started coming into Osaka. I'm not entirely sure what you all are looking for, but I will endeavour to identify anyone who may be useful." He nods curtly at the bartender. "Red Skull, please." While waiting for his drink, Jyo scans the area surreptitiously, aiming to identify any potential contacts he has in the bar.

Yakuza roll: 4 for identifying contacts. Note that the skill trappings indicate it will not pick up 'aliens, wizards, or other dumb poo poo, only crimebros.'

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Zhang San

The Black Fan's main goal right now is building up its reputation in the Arcane Underground. It wants to be the kind of place you go to get occult books and rumours. The Golden Dragon benefits because they get an Underground front business which (they think) can't be directly tied to them, and Ho Fong benefits because he's hunting down some particular rare books. Right now the Underground side is handled by Tzu-Hsi, who seems uninterested in the Golden Dragon - what isn't handled by Ho Fong directly, she palms off on someone else.

That's a long-term goal, though - right now the Golden Dragon are mostly laundering money and using the Black Fan to find some illegal occult merchandise of their own. Some of that business is conducted on the upper level, but most of it is done privately in the staff area (or Ho Fong's place, which it connects to).

Tzu-Hsi

Tzu-Hsi raises an eyebrow. You get the impression she isn't asked for (just) drink orders often.

"At once, sir. ... Is there anything else I can do?"

While she's here she tries to assess Marcus: <Krysmbot> Ettin, -++-+4 = 4

Kuba

Kuba looks surprised, then gets a poo poo-eating grin of his own. He has an entire catalogue of grins for every occasion.

"Alright, I'm game. What's your poison, lǎodą?"

He gestures to the shelves of drinks behind him, then briefly lifts up a bottle from under the bar so Aidan can see it. It smells like dream magic.

"Something mortal or something mortals dream?"

Kuba won't actually mess with Aidan unless whoever summoned him here orders him to, and Aidan will know if that happens.

Matsubah Jyo

Jyo does see someone he knows, actually!

Bachiatari

Aspects: The Pet Professional

Bachiatari is a freelance hitman with a very specific specialty - he takes out pets and other animals. That might sound kind of dumb, but you try breaking into a wizard's lair, killing his Tainted cats and escaping without the wizard hunting down and gutting you. Pays just as well as whacking whole people, too.

Right now he's just chilling out by himself, idly checking out the staff and enjoying a cigarette.

Also Santiago totally places the hell out of that aspect.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

Aidan still wears the poo poo-eating grin. Looks like things were about to get interesting. "Ah, figures you'd have something for everyone." He looks at the bottle presented, before nodding his head. "Yep." He says as he breaks out the carton of cigarettes and pulls out one of the nicotine sticks. "Tell ya what. A little from Column A, little from Column B. We can chat while you're doing the bartender thing, ain't anybody gonna interrupt us. No sailors or anything."

Rolling Lore to figure out this dude's deal. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, -/+-+4 = 3

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

AlanWhats posted:

Rolling Lore to figure out this dude's deal. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, -/+-+4 = 3

While Kuba makes Jyo's drink (without spiking, this time), Aidan gets to study him. It's pretty obvious once he gets close - Kuba is a Baku, a creature that devours the dreams and nightmares of mortal men. That nasty-looking magic bottle is liquid dreams, collected from persons unknown via strange alchemies. On the bright side, Aidan's not edible.

Kuba pours Aidan an old-fashioned rum and dreamcola, then one for himself. "Sure thing, lǎodą. Just two mortals having a chat. Best not to tell anyone otherwise, management likes it better this way."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

The VIP rooms or the back. Great. Zhang pulls up a map of the area, and puts old skills to work, plotting a path that should, in theory, avoid any notice, if followed carefully. He notes all the locations of guards and cameras and similar he can spot form his seat, while he's at it, marking them on the group map.

Burglary , /+/-+3 = 3 to apply advantage Cased

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

"Looks like our boys have everything under control here. I'm gonna go for a walk. If anything happens, call me up, alright?" Standing from his seat, Santiago made it to the bar in a matter of minutes. Seeing Aidan stuck in the middle of a conversation with the Yaoguai, he tapped his shoulder and put on his best disinterested expression.

"So when are we leaving?" To give him credit, his insufferable posh git impression was right on target. "This place is a dump. Are you going to waste all of my night like this?" As he spoke, he raised his wrist-mounted computer so that Aidan could see the message written on it more clearly. "Doing some recon. Need you to port me over here." Written on the display was a set of coordinates that would appear to be the time to an uncaring eye.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Marcus

He smiles at her warmly "Well I doubt you have a food menu particular to my tastes so for now a drink is fine" he said as he relaxed under her gaze, he just needed to focus on his family line rather than his usual tactical considerations, she would just consider him some rich corporate son.

<Maidbot> stormgale, //-++2 = 2
(If Defenders win ties)
Tagging High Concept to appear like a English Gentleman rather than an OOI Agent (Alternatley just using it to steel his will and keep cool)
That's my last FP by my count

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan: FP 1(?)
Mental Stress: [x][][][]

Aidan was about to say something before he looked over to Santiago as he started to say things. Santiago might note the look of great displeasure on his face. Aidan was definitely not faking that. It might have been that impersonation. "Oh, well excuse me Mr. Money. I didn't realize you couldn't keep your elitist dipshittery on hold for more than five seconds. I thought you could, I don't know, show some drat respect!" Aidan turned and stood up, glowering down at Santiago in something akin to paternal rage. "You have done nothing but give me poo poo all day. 'This shop is too smoky, this food is disgusting, literally lick my boots you peasant, bully'." Aidan's impersonation of Santiago's was...well, about as bad as you'd expect. "I guarantee, you will have hell to pay for this when we get out of here. But right now, I am getting myself a god drat drink, so beat it!"

With that last bit, Aidan literally flicks Santiago as hard as he can on the forehead. Suddenly, space begins to warp around, as Aidan draws the point described on the watch into the space that Santiago currently occupies. Within a second, space flicks back into shape, with Santiago finding himself in the designated location...about four feet off of the ground and flying towards the nearest wall-like object.

Aidan lets out a rather irritated growl, before turning back and sitting on the chair. "rear end in a top hat." He muttered. He grabbed the rum and dreamcola and looked back up at Kuba. "Now, where were we. Oh right, two mortals having a drink, don't tell mom, all that." Aidan took a sip of the drink in his hands. "So, wouldn't take you for a drink mixer. What convinced ya? Can't be the pay, I hear it's kinda poo poo."

Compelling Bad Blood, Worse Temper to get legitimately mad at Santiago and fling him against something. Drawing four steps of power for an Overcome spell. Rolling control. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, -+-++6 = 6

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Zhang San

The building is Cased! Zhang San sees that the closest corridors go to business places, like the DJ booth and the owner's office and the staff toilets, while the VIP rooms are tucked away behind them on the upper level or downstairs in the basement. There's only one entrance to Ho Fong's private lair, but it's guarded by a camera and a keypad instead of a guard.

And in a corridor near the booth nobody's looking at...

Santiago

Santiago appears and flies into a wall, knocking a touchscreen mounted there to display status updates and communicate with other staff onto the floor.

A few guards marked on Zhang San's display start to take an interest in the area...

Marcus

(Tzu-Hsi assumes you're just some rich gentleman here for a drink!)

"Very well, sir." Tzu-Hsi bows, then cocks her head slightly; Marcus gets a glimpse of an earpiece. "If you'll excuse me."

She glides away towards the staff area.

Aidan

"The dreams, lǎodą." Kuba shakes one of the bottles he's been mixing drinks with. "A sip of this and you're practically guaranteed dreams. Dreams that leave a trail. I follow and collect them. Sometimes nightmares, but I don't control that. Sometimes also information, that trades better here." He sips his dreamcola. "And they make incredible potions, but I'm not supposed to try them on the customers. Mortals, am I right?"

Aidan's dreamcola tingles faintly in his mouth with the hopes and desires of a hundred dreamers, and has a sort of vanilla-lucidity aftertaste. It's like the Dreamlands equivalent of a cocktail.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Marcus

With her back turned he tapped on his own "Mr Zhang, they have some short range communications, see if you can find out what they are talking about" he added before waiting with a forced smile... he was admittely not the most useful at covert operations.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

"Yeah, yeah, don't teach a lion to hunt, laowai." mutters Zhang San irritably. He gestures, and communications are patched in to all channels. "Done. Now get back to sucking at flirting and let me do my job."

KPrime, ++-/+4 = 5 Systems to apply Aspect Cracked Comms

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost
Mental Stress: [x][][][]

Aidan looks at the glass in his hand and nods approvingly. "Hm. Not bad, man." He then points at the bartender. "Well, mortals can get kinda pissed and bring some bad news along. Like I am not, of course." Well this was starting to get off-track. He had an investigation to get to investigating.

"Dreams, eh? Makes for a pretty dreamy guy then." Wait what the hell was he saying. "Now I know you know I know that you know that I got a thing I wanted to do here. And I have decided that I want to do that thing with you. You know, I give you a little somethin', you give me somethin' somethin'. Do a little dance, never gonna give you up or let you down, you know man? Of course you do. I gotta feelin', and the only thing that's gonna satisfy that, is some more of your dreaminess." Aidan why the hell are you waggling your eyebrows like that. "Give me what you got, boy. Give me all you got."

This is my Rapport roll. This is what happened. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, /--- = -3

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"Gah!" Slamming against the wall, Santiago cried out, less from the pain and more the sheer surprise of it all. That wasn't what he'd been expecting when he'd asked Aidan for help. "Son of a...I'm gonna get back at him for this!" Shaking his head, he looked around to make sure nobody'd seen him. No bystanders in sight, but the floor display had probably broadcast his presence to the club staff. Operating the touchpad, he quickly wrote a message about a technical malfunction and then headed for the nearest door. It might fool the staff, but he wasn't going to take any chances. Opening the door, he quickly stepped out, ready to run.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Cracked Comms

Tzu-Hsi is talking to her security chief in Mandarin. Helpfully translated:

<"... So either some serious magic just happened or you hosed up, Wukong.">

<"Nobody's used the door, ma'am. This could be connected to our guest.">

<"Assume it is. If that mental freak is back I want her dead.">

<"Ma'am, uh, Boss said to take her to the, uh, to the rat room.">

<"You're not having an affair with Boss.">

<"Shhh! Uh, with all due respect. ma'am.">

<"And if you try to torture her she'll tear through the wall and interrupt the boss's meeting. Gut her.">

<"Yes ma'am!">

<"Message me if you find the source. There's a charming man out here and I intend to make him feel comfortable.">

Kuba

Kuba looks at Aidan, then carefully takes his dreamcola and makes sure it has more cola and less intoxicating dream.

Santiago

Santiago steps out into the staff corridors...

Challenge time! Here's the deal: Tell me (roughly) what you're trying to get to and beat a difficulty of Great (+4) to avoid being caught. You can tag Cracked Comms. Depending on where he's headed he might have to make another check after!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

Zhang idly leans back, directing his gaze nonchalantly to the HUD section that shows the position of Santiago. "Since you don't speak Mandarin, I'll be acting as your guide for a bit here- they've got some sort of dangerous prisoner back there somewhere, location 'rat room.' Let me see if I can pull that up for you. Your call on if you want to extract, but they're moving to murder anyone coming for her and I suspect whoever it is would be quite happy to assist in our inquiries."

Zhang taps a few buttons. "Got it. Follow the shiny arrow."

He switches to all hands. "Marcus' new friend Tzu-Hsi is sleeping with the head of security. Could be useful as leverage if we can get one or the other alone, or as a way to annoy Ho Fong, whichever is more useful or funnier. Also, they really want our gravity-lensing 'friend' dead, so someone tell her to stay out of sight."

He sags into the seat. "Oy, where's my drink!" But he's smiling; this is as close to as desk job as he's had in nearly a year.

Krysmbot K`, +-//+4 = 4 to apply new aspect Mission Control

K Prime fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 28, 2013

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Marcus

HE sat back and waited for his drink to return "Any idea of the possible armaments this place has, I have a stupid plan and I would like to know what we are dealing with" he asked Zhang, smiling broadly to himself; Partly for the act but mostly because it was nice to be able to relax and talk to people without gunfire for however briefly.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost: FP 2

At that very moment, Aidan just stared and smiled blankly at the bartender. He sure did talk a lot of meaningless bullshit just now didn't he? It would be a really good idea to stop doing that, wouldn't it. Aidan opened his mouth, about to say something more befitting him than...whatever it was before. But then, something magical started happening. Something within the very core of Aidan's being began to move him, the powers of purity began to flow through his veins. Suddenly, a heart of love and compassion began to beat within Aidan's chest! Against all odds, Aidan...smiled.

"Hey~<3!" Aidan suddenly said as his consciousness was violently pushed into the back of his skull. Just beyond the veil of sight, sparkles surrounded him like rain. A distinctly pleasing and happy aura was shoved over his body like a net. To be honest, it can be kind of terrifying. "You know what I should do? I should bring you with me!" Aidan(?) suddenly declared as he slid up onto the bar. "Yeah! YEAH!" Aidan jumps up and points to the sky. "It's settled then." He points to the bartender as though he were a judge from the land of cotton candy, sent to declare Kubo guilty of witnessing a happiness that was never meant to be. "You, Kubo, are now going to be the OOI's Top Bartender! We're gonna get along so great, I can just feel it! ~<3"

Oh God. What has science done.

Compelling You've Got a Heart of Gold, Mr. Grinch to...well, that. Rolling Rapport to make this man the official bartender <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, /+++ = 3

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Santiago - FP: 0 -> 1

"That even a choice? Of course I'm taking up the chance to flip these guys the bird." In the span of time it took Santiago to say that, he'd cleared several rooms and bypassed a patrol. "Man, this is too easy. Who are these guys, goon school dropouts? I'm gonna take whoever's inside the rat room out in a-"

Abruptly, Santiago's link to Zhang cut off. It came back moments later, and when it did, he didn't sound nearly so self-assured.

"Uhh...Zhang? I think we might have a problem. Someone else is interested in our target."

Compelling Hunter in Someone Else's Hunting Grounds to have another party show looking for the same thing we are. If a roll is still needed, a base result of -1, combined with tagging Cased, Ready...Set..., and Cracked Comms is enough to make the target.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 6, 2013

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Marcus

Tzu-Hsi returns swiftly with the drinks. "Here you are, sir."

If you want to talk to her now is the time!

Aidan

Kuba squints into his bottle to make absolute sure he didn't give Aidan the wrong bottle, thinks about it, and shrugs.

"... I wouldn't say "OOI" out loud in here, lǎodą. Get me out of here and I'm down, I guess."

If you guys deal with whoever's binding Kuba here he will tag along!

Santiago

This is fun!

The doors to the secret back area sit at the end of a long corridor, behind some cameras and a keypad. Santiago peeks out just in time to see someone who looks like a guard nonchalantly stroll towards it, test it...

And flow like water through a crack at the bottom.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

Zhang immediately opens mission control on all channels. "People, we have a MTHREAT, classification unknown, in the building. Get ready for things to get messy." Matching action to word, he gets up out of his seat and begins to pass smoothly toward the door to the back, casually walking past the lines of sight of anyone who could stop him. "Feiyun? Fanghua? We could use some backup."

Stealth: KZA, //+-+3 = 3

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Marcus

"If it's not too much bother, would you mind if we talked for a bit" he said "I'm sure if it's a problem I could give your bosses enough business to make up for your time" he added, sitting down and having a general chat with her about her day, idle small talk until Zhang gave the call.

To keep things swift as I don't want to have a full conversation while people are in go time, assume this happens when we are "Going loud"

He flashed a winning smile "Well It was a pleasure meeting you, I am marcus bauhdric of the OOI and as I am sure you are about to shoot or fight me let me say if you would rather we settle this between the two of us we can" he shrugged off his jacket, tensing for combat.

Yes he is assuming she is a martial artist of some kind, I'm assuming Zhang feels a disturbance and urge to punch him, also possible compel on Have no Fear or Modern Day Atlas, willing to draw the entire front room on his own.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Tzu-Hsi

Things go quiet. A few people at nearby tables stand up.

Tzu-Hsi waves them down, snaps open a pair of sharp-looking black fans, and takes a step back to assume a fighting stance.

"He's mine. I don't know what your business is, fool, but you'll regret it."

quote:

TZU-HSI
ASPECTS
???

SKILLS
Great (+4): Way Of The Black Fan
Good (+3): Athletics, Physique, Guns
Fair (+2): Alertness, Will

UNFAIR STUNTS
Despot Empress Style: Once per scene, if someone invokes while rolling to attack her, Tzu-Hsi can overcome with Will against Fair (+2). If she succeeds, she gets the Fate Point.
Flurry Of Blows: Whenever Tsu-Hzi deals physical stress, she also fills in the first unfilled stress box of her target.

STRESS
Physical OOOO (-2/-4)

Bladed Fans - Weapon:2

Marcus can go first!

Meanwhile...

The bar panics. People start to finish their business, pack up and run - and sometimes, that means trying to snatch what you want from the guy you were talking to, or accusing them of being an OOI agent themselves. Things start to get messy.

Then Bachiatari, who has mostly been ignored by everyone except Jyo, uses the distraction as an opportunity to draw his silenced pistol and plug the hsigo he's been waiting for a chance to take out all night.

That's when things get really messy.

The bar explodes in a mess of violence. Luckily everyone moved away from Tsu-Hzi and Marcus and they have room to fight, but Aidan isn't so lucky - he'll probably have to dodge stray punches and gunshots if he tries to just walk to the back doors.

Zhang San makes it, though. He gets there just as the security burst the door open, pistols ready... and get completely wrecked by a lounge that cannons into them at chest-height and tumbles away down the corridor. Akihabarako flings herself down the hall behind it as though it were a steep slope, looks at Zhang San as she tumbles away, and flings herself out of line of sight down another corridor.

You get the feeling she doesn't see you as an ally yet.

The Bar Brawl aspect/zone obstacle appears!

Mission Control

Feiyun, Fanghua and I guess any of our disappeared characters are still watching from afar, and they take the comms.

"Backup is en route," Fanghua says. "We'll lock down the neighbourhood and--"

"gently caress!" Feiyun interrupts. "Don't loving ID yourself! Use a loving fake ID! Aiya... one of these scum fucks could find you! Someone could loving connect you to, loving, me or Zhang San or me or, loving..."

"Deep breaths," Fanghua says.

"loving... haah... I know someone in the area too. Calling backup. loving nobody who heard you talk better leave that bar."

Since we are having awesome luck with players, Plutonis is rounding out the party with Leticia. If Milton is still alive Jyo is still around!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

Pistol drawn, Zhang San stalks the corridors toward Santiago. "Talk to me, Santiago, I'm on my way to back you up! Watch out for our gravity warping 'friend,' she's loose in here somewhere... Got her on scope."

Then, almost as an afterthought, he smiles and presses a virtual button.

Every alarm and fire system in the building starts going off at the same time, and every nonharmful security system starts spewing alerts on all channels. "That ought to confuse the issue."

KZA, //+++4 = 6 Systems to place Aspect: I See Your Gravity, and changing Ready to Blow to poo poo'S BLOWN, YO

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leticia Durden

"Oh, you dumb wankers." An annoyed voice comes from the bar's door as a gray-skinned girl in a tuxedo enters the room. She grabs a bottle of vodka in a table and smashes it on one of the brawlers who tried to make a swing at her. "Just my luck to get in a mission and deal with the kind of bogan that proclaims himself an OOI agent, gently caress's sake." The girl grumbles while kicking the groin of another of the suspicious bar patrons, then grabbing his head and slamming it on a wall.

"Backup's here." She says as she opens the comm channel. "Leticia Durden. Now, can someone try to do something instead of letting the whole place be wrecked up?"

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 7, 2013

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Marcus

"Miss Durden pleasure to meet you, would you be so kind as to calm down the bar staff while i deal with this" he said, taking a moment to bow to the lady before him "Let us see which of our will's are greater!" he called out, stepping in to throw his first punch at her, trained in the fighting style of his family, quick and decisive as always.

<StormGale> !r fudge+4
<Krysmbot> StormGale, /+/-+4 = 4

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Tzu-Hsi

Dodge attempt, then attacking with fans:
<Krysmbot> Ettin, /+/-+3 = 3
<Krysmbot> Ettin, +/--+4 = 3

"This isn't a contest of will, you moron, it's--"

Tzu-Hsi gets socked in the jaw.

"You BASTARD!"

She launches herself at Marcus, leaping around him in a flurry of kicks and swings of her bladed fans.

Ettin fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 8, 2013

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Marcus

"Will informs the body, your will to fight and your will to endure injury" he said, deflecting the blow and throwing a quick counter attack "That is why I will not lose, I am not going to fail this city... why do you fight me?"

<StormGale> !r fudge+4
<Krysmbot> StormGale, -+/++4 = 5
<StormGale> Counterattack Time
<StormGale> !r fudge+4
<Krysmbot> StormGale, -+-/+4 = 3

<Ettin> Here put this in your post
<Ettin> !r fudge+3
<Krysmbot> Ettin, -//-+3 = 1

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 8, 2013

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leticia Durden

"Yeah, well knock yourself out, mate. Which will probably happen when that one sock your face off." Well, if Marcus is going to do it that way, then Lettie will let him dig his own grave. She picks up a small pistol from her suit and shoots in the air, yelling at the bar patrons in order to get their attention.

"Hong Kong Bomb Department! We heard from an anonymous tip that someone set a bomb in this place! Anyone who has not been authorized to stay should leave orderly before this place is blown to bits!" She then pauses for a bit and adopts a more meek tone. "Seriously guys, everyone here is going to die pretty horribly, talking about getting shredded into ribbons or burnt to a crisp, just so you know."

Rolling Deceit to get rid of Bar Brawl!
<Plutonis> !r fudge+4
<Krysmbot> Plutonis, +-+++4 = 6

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

"Can do, good buddy!" Aidan says as he gives a thumbs up. "And don't worry, I'll fix that little problem keepin' ya back." With that, Aidan pulls out the magnum that's been hiding behind his coat the whole time. "With BULLETS!"

With that, he does a frikkin' pirouette off of the bar and into the crowd, gun still pointed in the air. With that, he dashes off into the building, peeling open his eldritch eyes to see past the veil and hopefully figure out where this binder is.

Suddenly, a new voice comes through the comms! In Aidan's supernaturally happy state, it was only natural to greet this new person. "Hi Leticia! I'm Aidan. Pleased to meet ya. I'm gonna go shoot a magic guy in the face, but I'll help you out as soon as I can~<3."

Flipping on The Sight and rolling Investigation to try and find the binder person <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, +-/-+3 = 2

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Santiago - FP: 1

"Zhang! Tell the boys to get some noise and attract all the attention they can, I gotta find our girl before this rear end in a top hat does!" Santiago said, drawing the sidearm attached to the pilot suit. It was barely a pea-shooter compared to the White Light's weapon systems, but it'd have to do. "Oh, right, we got a flowing water freak who can make himself pass for a normal guy! Some kinda shapeshifter. I need you to unlock this door so I can make sure he doesn't try to pull any stunts, quick!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

"I've got your destination on scope and am ETA 3 minutes to your location! As for the distraction, I think that's already handled! Hold for 5 on the door..."

Click

"I think that's it- get moving!"

KPrime, -/+-+5 = 4 ACTION HACKER applying Door Controls Vented to Space

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Santiago - FP: 1

"On it!" Dashing through the door as it opened, Santiago kept his eyes peeled, ready to shoot as soon as he saw anything out of the norm. "C'mon, weirdo, show your face."

Moving in and rolling Chaos Stagehand to spot anything out of the norm and detect the shapeshifter. Result is +3, to use if he's hiding, and to create the Aspect Eyes Wide Open if not.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Tzu-Hsi
OXOO (-2/-4)

Marcus scores a hit and messes up her hair.

"Aiya! I don't have time for this poo poo!" Tzu-Hsi slashes at Marcus' chest with her fans.

Attacking with fans again:
<Krysmbot> Ettin, -+/-+4 = 3 Not her day!

The Bar

People still panic and attack each other, but at least they do it in an out-the-building direction. It's not your problem any more!

Aidan/Zhang San

Aidan finds himself hustling through the back corridors after Santiago. Looks like the magic trail leads into Ho Fong's private area behind and above the bar. Zhang San can follow him for a shortcut to the action. Before they get there, though, they run into an old "friend"!

Akihabarako doesn't have Aidan's magic sense, so she got a little lost in these corridors. When the two of you get within a corner of the hall Santiago saw the water-thing in, you find her rushing towards it from the opposite direction...

Choice time! Are you gonna make a move or leave her to whatever she's doing?

Santiago

Zhang San can open All The Doors, basically.

Beyond the doors lie... another, smaller set of corridors. This is the start of Ho Fong's secret place, though, so it's got a proper carpet and lanterns hanging from the ceiling and everything. The doors here seem to lead to meeting rooms, supply rooms for his guards and other places other people might tread sometimes; for the rest, there's an ominous staircase at the end.

No time for that, though. Santiago tracks his target to a door in a side-corridor.

When Santiago peeks, he sees a darkened room that looks like a less expensive version of the interrogation chamber you locked Akihabarako in. This time, though, it's some guy with a Sichuan opera mask stuck over his head.

Akihabarako is in here, unfastening his restraints.

"Oh my god, Chu Min! What happened to you?"

Ettin fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jul 10, 2013

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

Zhang San spots the mage rushing at them and reacts instinctively for a moment before restraining his impulse to shoot her in the knees again. There's an MTHREAT shapeshifter in the area; she can hardly be blamed for being in a rush.

Wait. Shapeshifter. "Akihabarako! Where did I shoot you earlier?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leticia Durden

"Yep, someone's else problem now." Leticia mutters before turning her head to where Aidan is, opening her comm channel with him. "Wait, what the gently caress? Are you actually trying to kill everyone inside this place? ...Rrrgh, guess they'd only send me to be with the worst of the worst, figures." She unceremoniously abandons Marcus to his duel and follows Aidan and Zhang to the back corridors.

"Wait a minute, you little psycho! Why the hell you called backup if you guys can't keep yourselves into place?"

• Locked thread