Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.
Aidan Frost: FP 2

At this point is when Aidan stepped in. Naturally, the punk was late, and naturally he couldn't care less. Aidan didn't really drive all that often before now, and the traffic didn't help matters. Doesn't matter if the traffic was an old lady jaywalking across the street, still pissed him off. Thankfully said old lady was not harmed in any way, shape, or form, and Aidan managed to get to the library without killing anybody else.

Now he was here, and now he was looking up at the two who were with him that one time in Berlin. Seeing Santiago made a vein in Aidan's forehead bulge. Seeing San just reminded him of the awkward as hell conversations with various eldritch relatives he never wants to see again. Of course there was also that one guy who he helped with that thing, but that's besides the point. Aidan decided to break out the flask a little bit earlier than usual this evening. Nothing like cheap whiskey to forcefully drown embarrassing memories.

After the first round of punching his mind with alcohol, Aidan drags a chair over by a wall and sits down in it. "Frikkin' kid with the frikkin' questions, god drat eight-legged parasite, stupid jaywalking dumbasses, fuckin'..." Aidan mutters, his low voice almost making it unintelligible.

AlanWhats posted:

Aidan Frost, AKA Tohthus-Amum of the Million Favored Ones, the Leering Teeth Behind the Veil

High Concept: Earthbound Eldritch Ashcroft "Consultant"
Invoke when: Identifying and knowing how to handle artifacts and alien tech, dealing with insanity causing situations as though they were normal, benefiting from a high level of clearance
Compel when: Smells like a monster, causing major collateral damage "just to be safe", being forced to contain a situation, owned by the Ashcroft Foundation

Trouble: Bad Blood, Worse Temper
Invoke when: Having street cred as a hard-rear end, having a reputation of being unbalanced, calling in shady contacts, being a loud punk
Compel when: Distrusted, reacting angrily to an insult or sleight, people (or creatures) are out for his head, old followers appear

Backstory: Two Spirits, One Body, Bad Times
Invoke when: Drawing from the memories of his unnaturally long life, revealing his eldritch nature
Compel when: His body freaks out or shuts down, plagued by fractured memories, encountering parts of his old lives

Yomikiri: You've Got a Heart of Gold, Mr. Grinch
Invoke when: Bringing his handler in on something, being held as a valuable asset
Compel when: Being chained to a handler, acting under threat of absolute death, acting oddly nice(r)

Volume Three: "You're Invited to a Mythos Family Reunion"
Invoke when: Getting along (relatively) peacefully with mythos beings, discovering dirty and eldritch old secrets
Compel when: Needing a drink RIGHT NOW, being associated with the Million Favored Ones, being mocked as an upstart, suffering the most awkward and insanity causing "family" dinner ever

OVA: Say "Hastur" AGAIN!
Invoke when: Cracking down on someone for information, busting into where he doesn't belong, generally being scary
Compel when: Tempted to just say "screw it" and smash his way through, deal with inter-agency politics and drama (likely caused by him)

Skills:
+5: Millionth Favored One
+4: Will, Lore
+3: Provoke, Investigation
+2: Athletics, Guns, Deceit
+1: Contacts, Physique, Stealth, Empathy, Burglary

Passion Skill: Millionth Favored One counts as Casting, complements any skills that would apply to being a Mythos creature such as Lore.

Stress Boxes:
Physical: ()()()
Mental: ()()()()
Social: ()()
Consequences: Mild() Medium() Serious()

Powers:
Channeling [-2] (Element: Geometry)
Thaumaturgy [-3] (Specialization: Entropomancy, complexity +1)
Refinement [-1] (Geometry control +1, Entropomancy control +1)
Wizard's Constitution [-0]
The Sight [-1]

Refresh: 1

AlanWhats fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jun 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan gives Santiago a look at the comment about him drinking. It's hard to say what the look was, other than there was a lot of exasperation in it. "Kid," Aidan replied tiredly, "I'd no longer give a poo poo is what would happen. I'm probably gonna want that more, not less. That's if I can even manage to get that drunk." Aidan punctuated that with another tip of his flask. "Frikkin' metabolism."

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

At this, Aidan lets out a groan of disgust. "Ugh, tell me about it." He grimaces a bit at the idea of sharing his precious liquid amnesiac. "Do I really have to? There ain't enough booze to help as it is." He holds up his flask and gives it a little shake, the foul liquid inside sloshing around inside. "Forget about making it through the day." With a sigh, Aidan kicks his feet up onto the table, boots landing with a thud against the table.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan looks at Marcus with a puzzled expression. "...I'm sorry have we not met before?" Aidan responds about the 'gentleman' comment. Then Marcus mentions something about pride in your work and Aidan couldn't help but be an rear end and laugh at that. "Pft HAHAHA, Haha, that's adorable. No."

Then Kim finally decided to show up, and the scent of baked goods rises from the two boxes that were on the table. Aidan sniffed the air, looking over the boxes as though he were analyzing a bomb. There were some good things about being human, and these strange, fat drenched, greasy baked goods were a bit of a guilty pleasure. After opening the boxes a couple times to gaze upon the glorious contents, Aidan finally made his decision. "...dibs on a bear-claw."

AlanWhats fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 24, 2013

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Absentmindedly taking bites of the bear-claw in his hand, Aidan stares at the massive amounts of footage of another human being stupid. At the mention of putting the video on loop, Aidan immediately calls a remote to his hand. Hopefully no one was looking at the strange space between the bend as the table and his palm bend to meet. Aidan then lets space snap back into its normal place, and goes about clicking the remote.

At this, the screen with the highest viewpoint rewinds back to a certain point. It then begins to loop for a bit, showing the grisly death over and over again. Then another click sounds and for some reason it rewinds. Then it plays forward again, then it rewinds, then forward, back and forth and back and forth. It's like watching the world's most grimdark game of pong ever between the floor and the top of the screen. Suddenly the speakers turn on to play-god dammit Aidan.

Needless to say, Aidan is grinning like an idiot.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan stopped grinning as everyone started telling him to cut it out, having had his brief childish amusement for the minute. With a click of the remote, the music stopped. Aidan had no use for the remote any more, having had his fun with it. Therefore, the fate of the remote was to be tossed back to the table.

With another bite of his bear-claw, Aidan headed to his office, waving his hand as he does so. "Yo," he managed to say through a mouthful of bear-claw, "I'm headin' out. Better than hangin' around like an idiot." A few moments and he's in his office. Aidan loaded and holstered his service pistol and magnum revolver. A crumpled pack of cigarettes and a refill of his flask from a cheap whiskey bottle under the table would make sure he got through the tedium of another crime scene. After all, he was all out of bear-claw.

With everything he needed to get through this, Aidan grabbed a leather jacket and walked out into the hall. Whether or not that jacket was his is unknown, though it certainly fits the punk image he has going for him. He put his hands behind his head and stretched. "Alright class, let's go on a field trip to see the Amazing Falling Splat."

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan stepped onto the crime scene with a scowl and a flash of his badge. He attracted a few looks of his own with his out of place outfit. He gave an agitated glance to the crowd, restrained mostly by the fact that they were kept from breaching the crime scene. Well, that and the bomb inside his chest, but who's keeping track?

Aidan didn't even stop to look at anything before heading directly to the rooftop. He felt like he needed to get to the scene before the wizards went and messed things up even more. Upon seeing the laptop and circle still there, he brought his palm to his face for a moment and started to walk in. He was just about to push one of the keys on the keyboard before realizing just how horrible of an idea that was. This was a wizard he was dealing with, you can't simply stumble into the affairs of wizards. Especially when those affairs might involve terrible dating sims and gigabytes of biblical getting down. He had to disarm it somehow if he wanted to get the dirty little secrets inside. The arcane related ones, not those other kinds.

First things first, getting a cigarette and lighting it up to the protest of a nearby probationary officer. Aidan thought about creating a little ritual to sweep away all the little magical mouse traps this guy had set, but then he thought about the tedium that went with it. To be honest, with the incident with the old lady and hearing Santiago hum "Wheels on the Bus Go 'Round and 'Round" the whole trip over, he didn't want to deal with tedium. He wanted results, he wanted them now, and he wanted to ideally throw something to get those results. Suddenly, like the apple hitting Sir Isaac Newton's head, he found how to do all of those at once.

A little squirrel was minding its own business, climbing up one of the few trees that manage to exist past the Rains and the omnipresent asphalt. It was soon warped through a mathematically impossible field that its mind could not possibly comprehend, landing in Aidan's waiting hand. With a quick toss, the squirrel went head-first towards the computer. Its life was unceremoniously ended by a sudden crack of energy, frying the poor rodent with prejudice. Without even bothering to look at the rodent, or the shocked probationary officer behind him, Aidan fired off a couple of posts on the AR noticeboard.

pre:
TTouchdown: Yo Zhang, when youre done touching the dead guy come up and hack the gibson or whatever
TTouchdown: Wanna figure out whats in his computer
TTouchdown: Wait dammit who changed my ar name again
With an annoyed sigh, Aidan got back to work. "Alright, let's see what kinda crap is floating around today." Facing the circle and the crime scene below, Aidan began to gaze beyond the mortal coil. To others, taking a peak behind the veil would take years of meditation and training, but to Aidan it was as simple as blinking an eyelid. Sometimes he almost wonders if it actually is an eyelid that grew since his time in this body. Hey, he doesn't know how biology works.

Use of Thaumaturgy to disarm the computer. Ritual process: 1) Light up cigarette. 2) Decide a proper ritual would take too long. 3) Grab squirrel and toss it. 4) It's Zhang San's problem now.

In other news, flipping on The Sight to look at the area, using I guess Investigation to read all these weird auras and crap.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

"The computer killed it." Aidan replied flatly. He looks over at Maynard. "Foundation has a lot more paperwork." He then looks at the caricature of him on the screen, and briefly contemplates chucking the fried squirrel at San's head. Instead, he lets out a groan and takes a drag from his cigarette. "Something was here alright. I can see a little dot buzzing around here, looks like it threw this guy off then decided to stare at the blood for a bit. Then again you already knew that, didn't ya?"

While he peers through the veil, he decides to look down at his feet, down at the circle in front of him. He gazes at the symbols, sifting through his memories as he tries to identify what all Lin was working on.

Staring at circles and using that Lore. Possibly also Millionth Favored One, if it applies at all.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan stops staring at the circle for a second and looks up at Feiyun. "...you got a point there, kid." He says in response to the comment about Miami. Then Maynard says something about brain parasites and oh boy does he have a story to tell now. He stops for a moment, before getting the slightest flash of a sinister grin on his face. "Oh yeah, I heard of that." He looks away, letting out a puff of smoke as he did so.

"That reminds me of this one time in Antarctica. Don't ask me why I was in Antarctica." He walked over to the laptop, before reaching down and picking up the fried corpse of the squirrel. "Anyways, one of the new guys got this weird sickness. First it was typical stuff, you know. Then, outta nowhere his jaw just drops. Seriously. Like literally drops on the floor, separate from the rest of his body." He said this as he walked around the circle. At this point, he grabs a knife and pulls it out, taking a couple of steps back away from the circle. "Anyways, he starts freaking out, right? Nerves are dangling, flesh melting, whole big deal. Then, get this, he starts mutating." As he says this, Aidan takes the knife and begins to...he's actually skinning the squirrel. "So a couple minutes later, this poor bastard's got half his flesh peeled off, his bones are shooting out of his joints and being replaced by chitin, gnats are coming out of him and poo poo. Finally someone gave me a magnum and I shot him 'til he wasn't movin'." At this, he peels back the skin from the squirrel and dramatically bites down and rips a piece out of it. A few moments of silence and chewing, Aidan swallows the piece of squirrel. "Shame too, I guess. Stupid kid just got out of the academy. Turns out it came from a parasite he got from some squirrel he ate."

At this, Aidan puts away the knife and steps back towards the circle, still taking pieces out of the squirrel as if this were a totally normal thing to do right now. This is in no way unconventional, and certainly a typical human thing to do. "Oh that rune? Yeah I saw that rune too. Man why do you guys always have to put dicks in your rituals? I mean, these creatures don't even have dicks most of the time. But there ya go, putting it right there for the whole world to see." He takes another bite of the squirrel, chewing and looking down at the circle right alongside Maynard, somehow managing to keep a straight face through all of this.

AlanWhats fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Apr 28, 2013

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

Aidan narrows his eyes as he notices the familiarity of the circle's design. He has had more than a few run-ins with the Disciples of the Cold Ones, not the least of which that one time he had to go save Marcus. It clearly wasn't a Disciple circle though, strangely enough. Without much to go on, Aidan snaps a few pictures of particularly noteworthy runes and formations for later comparison. Meanwhile, as he did so, he tried to figure out if he ever encountered this being named Shuizn. At about that point he looked down at the half-eaten fried squirrel in his hands and started to grimace. He wasn't gonna lie, that squirrel was not the best squirrel he'd ever eaten. That and the fact that through the veil he could see the squirrel's body twitching and screeching was kinda freaking him out. With a blink, Aidan shut off the sight, returning to plain, boring human vision. He then took the squirrel and chucked it like a major league pitcher, the half-eaten rodent arcing through the air and landing straight into the crowd of civilians below. There was much screaming, and Aidan saw that it was good.

Dusting off his hands as he views his handiwork, Aidan looks over towards San. "Yeah, let's check out this dude's place. I need a beer to wash out the taste of squirrel. poo poo, I might need to go join Feiyun down there." He then points to Santiago's armor, still floating in the sky. "Oh, and uh, about the squirrel. Dude ate it before being deployed. Seriously there's no squirrels in Antarctica, never were. Ever."

One last thing before we head to the apartment, gonna try and see if Aidan knows about this Shuizn fellow.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

Aidan stomps out his cigarette before he walks into the apartment, unscrewing the top off of his flask. "Comment aside," he says with a sidelong glance at Santiago, "I was gonna, 'til I realized I had a flask." He then stops and stares at the door with the giant sign that says "LOOK AT ME I KNOW MAGIC I'M SO SECRET AND SMART". "Who cares about what the others think anyways?" Aidan responds to Santiago's question. "We're here on business of someone who they don't want to gently caress with. That's all they need to know." He steps over to the door, ready to bust it down and see what's inside. Might as well get it over with, after all.

"Alright, heading into the wizard's tower now. Anybody want to join me, go ahead. If you hear a pistol shot, I've got it. If you hear a magnum shot, start panicking." He then slipped on a pair of leather gloves and went to open the door.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

Aidan narrows his eyes at the monkey familiar in the corner. To make sure the crazy germ-obsessed investigator doesn't find out, he closes the door behind him. Aidan raises a finger to his mouth, making a motion indicating that someone outside is kind of crazy and maybe you should be quiet. He looks curiously at the reappearance of the sign, bringing up the photos he took earlier for comparison. Deciding against looking at the possibly-trapped laptop yet, he instead examines the papers in front of him. He makes a mental note of the circles, trying to decipher them and figure out what, if anything, they meant.

Aidan then decides to dig into the boxes scattered all over the floor. It was weird that some guy would just leave a bunch of stuff like this just scattered all over the place. Aidan wondered if perhaps Lin was planning on getting out and taking his stuff with him. After opening up enough boxes and picking up the more interesting papers that were lying around, he places it on a chair with a sigh. "Alright, time to figure out what the hell is is in this mess." He looks again at the familiar, and reaches into his coat pocket. He pulls out the crumpled pack of cigarettes he brought with him, pulling out one of them and holding it up as a peace offering to the familiar. "Hey, you smoke?"

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

Having occupied the monkey familiar for a while, Aidan decides to join him in the smoking, more than likely causing several people to exclaim just how bad of an idea that is. Aidan narrowed his eyes at the Shuizn circle for longer than was strictly necessary. For a second, he had the rather stupid thought of completing that circle. After all, it would allow him to see what all Shuizn was, what it could offer and perhaps most importantly what it knows. However, that's a thing stupid people do, and he is not a stupid person. He is the person that cleans up after stupid people, not the other way around, no sir. So, instead of doing stupid things involving magic, he decides to enter the wonderful world of reading.

So much reading to do. Even though it was probably all boring copies of emails and various other sketches the guy was making in an attempt for the real deal, investigation was investigation. The guy was nothing if not investigating. After thumbing through the stack of papers he had before him, he was drawn to the spare computer in this room. Looking around for a moment, he eventually shrugs and decides "hey it can't be that bad if it's a spare" and pushes the power button. Who knows what's inside this one?

<Krysmbot> AlanWhats, +/// = 1

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost: FP 1

Aidan was busy going over the dense pile of redundant papers when all of a sudden oh god dammit Marcus what are you doing. He looks over to the door, cigarette still hanging from his mouth. "Oh poo poo. Time to move!" He says as he hurries over to the door. Just before he closes it behind him, he points to the monkey. "Don't cause any trouble now." The door slamming behind him heralded his sudden flight. Not literally though, that's for later.

Aidan rushed out of the window that Marcus had conveniently broke out of. Standing on the window frame, poking his head out and looking up towards the girl that just told physics to kindly gently caress off. At the moment, there wasn't much else to do, but there was always one fallback plan. That fallback plan is the fact that Aidan is good at yelling at things. "'EY! CREEPY GIRL! STOP IN THE-ah poo poo." There was a problem with yelling, and that's the fact that yelling tends to involve using your mouth. Currently there was a cigarette in his mouth, and though Aidan may try he is not Hunter S. Thompson. Aidan takes out the cigarette and flicks it to the ground below, continuing his yelling. "Dammit, STOP IN THE NAME OF THE LAW!" Then San fired off a gun right next to him, causing Aidan to flinch and wheel around. "AH WHAT THE gently caress Jesus man!"

Rolling Provoke to try and slow her down. Aidan is not as good at yelling as he thinks he is. Thankfully, he can invoke Bad Blood, Worst Temper to be a loud punk. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, /--++3 = 2 + 2 = 4

AlanWhats fucked around with this message at 10:36 on May 11, 2013

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

As the two people in the room were currently having an argument about some dumb bullshit that Aidan didn't care about, he was currently standing against the wall, hands to his constantly ringing ears. He contemplated, ever so briefly, on the many ways he could bring horrible misfortune on any and all horribly loud noises and the people and things responsible for said noises. After the brief wave of nausea that his human body was currently experiencing, Aidan decided to continue doing what he was doing moments before.

"YEAH GREAT SURE." He yelled, currently unable to hear himself. "SERIOUSLY, STOP TALKING ABOUT WHATEVER IT IS AND LET'S GET TO THE IMPORTANT PART, LIKE WHY THE HELL DID YOU SHOOT A GUN NEXT TO MY EAR! GOD DAMMIT WHO EVEN DOES THAT! SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL, THIS STUPID FRIKKIN' BODY, AAAAGH."

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

"OH YEAH?!" Aidan yelled back, pulling out the magnum he had holstered. "Of COURSE I have some heavy firepower, you think I'm stupid? But I mean, the shot was right next to my fuckin' ear. Like literally, it was practically part of my ear it was that close!" Now that his eardrum had stopped being blown up, Aidan was a little less concentrated on the whole gunshot and more concentrated on sighing. "Stupid body, frikkin'..." Aidan mumbles as he kicks the floor a couple of time, putting the magnum back in its holster.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

Aidan blinks up at Santiago for a moment at the magic question. To be honest he never really thought about that before. Oh sure he can place a curse on somebody or make someone's head stretch through a mathematically impossible dimension into a freezer, but can he actually heal somebody?

Good thing the San's question allowed Aidan to ignore that awkward question. Aidan looks over at San with an incredibly agitated stare. "Probably 'cause I wasn't expecting to have a gun go off inside my ear drum. Besides, didn't always have earplugs. Didn't need them either." Whether or not he's lying...well, honestly who cares. Aidan is a punk.

"Anyhow, we gotta clean up the mess this guy left." He says as he cleans out one of his ears. "Oh yeah, don't tell the 'oh god no germs' kid, but uh," Aidan lowers his voice a bit, "we kinda have a familiar in the magic room. It's a monkey. Right now he's smoking."

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

"Yeah, I'd rather not." Aidan snarks as he leans up against the back wall of the room, wondering how much crap he would get if he started smoking in here. Deciding it really wasn't worth it, he steps into view, looking down at her in the eyes. "Welcome to our talk show, 'Answer Our Questions Or Bad poo poo Happens'. Now me and a couple of co-hosts here are gonna ask you some questions, you answer them, blah blah blah. Don't answer, and that's when things get interesting."

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

"...pft." With that, Aidan starts laughing. Needless to say, it's a bit annoying. "Man, listen to this. Secret moon prison. If only, if only..." He shakes his head, before turns away and the lights start to form a shadow over his face. Soon, his eyes are covered by the shadow, his teeth bared in an almost unnatural display.

"After all, why waste the money on a glorified furnace."

Using Provoke, because Aidan is good at making threats, even if they are dumb. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, ++-++3 = 5

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

"Yeah, like I'd believe that." Aidan says as he turns back around. "There is no such thing as a harmless wizard, just one that hasn't hosed up yet." He leans in closely, narrowing his eyes as he stares intently at her. After a few awkward moments of staring later, Aidan stands back up.

"...they're cats aren't they?"

Rolling Empathy to see if I can't figure out the truth of her statement. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, ---/+1 = -2

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

Aidan kept one eye on Akihabarako the entire time they walked. He narrowed his eyes at the bar sign as they arrived on the spot. This place felt shady and dumb to him, like a hipster trying to sell an antique bong in a back alley. The short brief on the new OOI agent didn't exactly help matters, but he figured he didn't have much say in that. All he had to do was make sure everything was under control for the next few seconds, then we can worry about what happens.

That's when the man steps into view. This guy was smooth, and he carried himself with the kind of suave swagger that screams "gangster" in bold neon print. Aidan pulls on the furred collar of his coat, wondering why he got talked into switching jackets in the first place. Suddenly Aidan noticed that something...smelled wrong. Not in the "that is definitely something you shouldn't eat" way, this was something far more primal. He sniffed the air for a couple of moments, before frowning and focusing his attention on Mister Joe. "Yo." Aidan calls out in response, placing his hands firmly in his coat pockets.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

Oh dear lord this was bad. On the one hand, at least the bar looks like a typical bar. On the other, there are definitely some people who think they are way cooler than they really are here. He begins to think back to his time in the Dreamlands, way back in the fractured corners of his human mind. The wubs and bass drops remind him of the rumblings of Leng, the siren howls of the larvae of the Outer Gods, the sudden yelps as the Moon-Beasts claim another damned soul.

God drat these humans and their dubstep.

After staring out into space with his eyes glazed over, Aidan snaps back to reality to San complaining about people being bad at computers. Quickly making sure Akihabarako is still there, he decides to look around the room. She mentioned something about a yaoguai, and that didn't sit well. Better make sure these idiots aren't getting into the occult more than they should be. Frikkin' humans.

Rolling Lore to see if Aidan can't find this yaoguai thing Akihabarako is talking about. As well as any other magic things of note. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, /+-++4 = 5

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

Well, that was great. At least he figured out what that girl was talking about. Plus it would be nice to talk to someone that at least understood a little of what he's going through. That is to say, it would be nice to talk to someone who isn't human. Still, that whole thing about the drinks really rubs him wrong. Aidan takes a moment to fire off a quick message through the comms.

pre:
Mr.Frost: Yo, everyone who wants booze, I feel ya, but dont order drinks.
Mr.Frost: Bartenders totally the thing the girl was talking about. Spiking the drinks.
With that, Aidan decides that it's time to start talking. He walks on up to the bar and slaps one of his gloved hands on the countertop. "Yo, barkeep, I'd like a round." When he has Kuba's attention, Aidan leans in and gives him a somewhat unsettling look. Part of it may be that knowing, poo poo-eating grin, and part of it may be the strange gleam in his eye that one could swear was there. "I'd hold the dreamy something extra though, if I were you."

Rolling Provoke to be all "yo I know what you are don't gently caress with me" <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, ++/-+3 = 4

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

Aidan still wears the poo poo-eating grin. Looks like things were about to get interesting. "Ah, figures you'd have something for everyone." He looks at the bottle presented, before nodding his head. "Yep." He says as he breaks out the carton of cigarettes and pulls out one of the nicotine sticks. "Tell ya what. A little from Column A, little from Column B. We can chat while you're doing the bartender thing, ain't anybody gonna interrupt us. No sailors or anything."

Rolling Lore to figure out this dude's deal. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, -/+-+4 = 3

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan: FP 1(?)
Mental Stress: [x][][][]

Aidan was about to say something before he looked over to Santiago as he started to say things. Santiago might note the look of great displeasure on his face. Aidan was definitely not faking that. It might have been that impersonation. "Oh, well excuse me Mr. Money. I didn't realize you couldn't keep your elitist dipshittery on hold for more than five seconds. I thought you could, I don't know, show some drat respect!" Aidan turned and stood up, glowering down at Santiago in something akin to paternal rage. "You have done nothing but give me poo poo all day. 'This shop is too smoky, this food is disgusting, literally lick my boots you peasant, bully'." Aidan's impersonation of Santiago's was...well, about as bad as you'd expect. "I guarantee, you will have hell to pay for this when we get out of here. But right now, I am getting myself a god drat drink, so beat it!"

With that last bit, Aidan literally flicks Santiago as hard as he can on the forehead. Suddenly, space begins to warp around, as Aidan draws the point described on the watch into the space that Santiago currently occupies. Within a second, space flicks back into shape, with Santiago finding himself in the designated location...about four feet off of the ground and flying towards the nearest wall-like object.

Aidan lets out a rather irritated growl, before turning back and sitting on the chair. "rear end in a top hat." He muttered. He grabbed the rum and dreamcola and looked back up at Kuba. "Now, where were we. Oh right, two mortals having a drink, don't tell mom, all that." Aidan took a sip of the drink in his hands. "So, wouldn't take you for a drink mixer. What convinced ya? Can't be the pay, I hear it's kinda poo poo."

Compelling Bad Blood, Worse Temper to get legitimately mad at Santiago and fling him against something. Drawing four steps of power for an Overcome spell. Rolling control. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, -+-++6 = 6

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

Aidan looks at the glass in his hand and nods approvingly. "Hm. Not bad, man." He then points at the bartender. "Well, mortals can get kinda pissed and bring some bad news along. Like I am not, of course." Well this was starting to get off-track. He had an investigation to get to investigating.

"Dreams, eh? Makes for a pretty dreamy guy then." Wait what the hell was he saying. "Now I know you know I know that you know that I got a thing I wanted to do here. And I have decided that I want to do that thing with you. You know, I give you a little somethin', you give me somethin' somethin'. Do a little dance, never gonna give you up or let you down, you know man? Of course you do. I gotta feelin', and the only thing that's gonna satisfy that, is some more of your dreaminess." Aidan why the hell are you waggling your eyebrows like that. "Give me what you got, boy. Give me all you got."

This is my Rapport roll. This is what happened. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, /--- = -3

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

At that very moment, Aidan just stared and smiled blankly at the bartender. He sure did talk a lot of meaningless bullshit just now didn't he? It would be a really good idea to stop doing that, wouldn't it. Aidan opened his mouth, about to say something more befitting him than...whatever it was before. But then, something magical started happening. Something within the very core of Aidan's being began to move him, the powers of purity began to flow through his veins. Suddenly, a heart of love and compassion began to beat within Aidan's chest! Against all odds, Aidan...smiled.

"Hey~<3!" Aidan suddenly said as his consciousness was violently pushed into the back of his skull. Just beyond the veil of sight, sparkles surrounded him like rain. A distinctly pleasing and happy aura was shoved over his body like a net. To be honest, it can be kind of terrifying. "You know what I should do? I should bring you with me!" Aidan(?) suddenly declared as he slid up onto the bar. "Yeah! YEAH!" Aidan jumps up and points to the sky. "It's settled then." He points to the bartender as though he were a judge from the land of cotton candy, sent to declare Kubo guilty of witnessing a happiness that was never meant to be. "You, Kubo, are now going to be the OOI's Top Bartender! We're gonna get along so great, I can just feel it! ~<3"

Oh God. What has science done.

Compelling You've Got a Heart of Gold, Mr. Grinch to...well, that. Rolling Rapport to make this man the official bartender <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, /+++ = 3

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

"Can do, good buddy!" Aidan says as he gives a thumbs up. "And don't worry, I'll fix that little problem keepin' ya back." With that, Aidan pulls out the magnum that's been hiding behind his coat the whole time. "With BULLETS!"

With that, he does a frikkin' pirouette off of the bar and into the crowd, gun still pointed in the air. With that, he dashes off into the building, peeling open his eldritch eyes to see past the veil and hopefully figure out where this binder is.

Suddenly, a new voice comes through the comms! In Aidan's supernaturally happy state, it was only natural to greet this new person. "Hi Leticia! I'm Aidan. Pleased to meet ya. I'm gonna go shoot a magic guy in the face, but I'll help you out as soon as I can~<3."

Flipping on The Sight and rolling Investigation to try and find the binder person <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, +-/-+3 = 2

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

For a moment, Aidan looks over his shoulder. He beams a bit and waves towards San and Leticia, waving the magnum in his hand as he does so. "Hey guys~! I think the magic guy is in here. LET'S GO!" With that, Aidan run towards the trail and puts a boot to any door in his way. The sounds of rapid gunfire only told him that he was on the right path.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost: FP 3

And so, with all that stuff happening, Aidan raises his magnum into the air again. He almost looks like he's about to let out a cry of triumph, before suddenly he freezes. He stands as still as a statue for a few seconds, until finally...

Aidan tips over and falls flat on his face. He isn't getting back up. He is twitching though. God drat human bodies.

Compelling Two Spirits, One Body, Bad Times to pass the gently caress out.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

After what seems like forever, Aidan rouses from his great slumber. His mind is drenched in haze, and his sight is like a lens smeared in vaseline. He closes his eyes again, his addled brain incapable of processing information in his newly awakened state. Moving his head as he rustles himself from his stupor, his lips make contact with another's. This, needless to say, caused his eyes to snap open and realize that his body was dumped on top of some woman that he didn't recognize. A half-full box of god-awful Korean food and a paper bag stuffed with trash were catapulted in Aidan's scramble to get away.

That moment made him realize just where the hell he was; outside the bar, in a dumpster. This woman, who upon closer inspection appeared to be some sort of guard, was similarly dumped here. Aidan took the moment to spit and wipe his mouth as though he were trying to rub it off. He tried to step out of the dumpster before tripping on it and tumbling to the floor. Cursing, Aidan got up and dusted off what he could from his clothes, glaring sourly at the miscellaneous stains that the trash had gifted him. It was about then that a rather pressing question occurred to him. That question was this: just what the hell happened to him to get him in this situation?

Aidan brought up the AR display and flipped on the mic to send a message through the tac-net. "God dammit why the gently caress was I in a dumpster? What the hell happened?"

AlanWhats fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Aug 21, 2013

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

The familiar voice of Marcus comes through the comms. "Oh, hey Marcus. Wait...oh yeah, I guess I did. I guess I was gonna shoot the dude who summoned him in the face, I dunno. That doesn't answer the question of why the hell was I in a dumpster with some strange woman."

"And what the hell is going on over there? I hear shooting." Suddenly, Aidan's Eldritch Senses start tingling. There's something bad in there, something that should not be. He needs to crush it by yesterday. "Nevermind. I got this." Aidan turns around to face the dumpster and looks down at his coat. He swings the dirtied coat off and folds it up, manipulating the space it occupies so that it fits in his pocket. After that, he digs into the dumpster and grabs every container of red sauce he can find. After a moment or two, he takes off the lids and dunks the contents onto him, red sauce trailing down his body. With his work done, Aidan tosses the containers to the floor and walks away.

That's when he decided to do something even more stupid. Aidan walked into the street nearby the bar and stepped into it, staring at an oncoming car with as insane a stare as he could possibly manage. Hopefully the poor bastard can stop before he gets run over.

Okay, so this is horrible of me, but I realized I still have a couple of aspects open. So, one of my OVA/Omake aspects is now Gone Postal, Man (name is WIP). Compelling that aspect to be a dick in the most hilarious way possible, and spending a fate point to know about That loving Cat.

Rolling Provoke to get somebody to stop their car so that Aidan can hijack it. Spending a Fate Point on Bad Blood, Worse Temper to look even crazier. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, -/+-+3 = 2 + 2 = 4

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost
Mental: [x][][][]

Aidan grins savagely as the driver suddenly halts his car. He quickly steps to the side, swings open the driver door and shoves the driver out. Hardly stopping to think, Aidan swings himself into the driver's seat and slams the door. "Guys, if you value your everything, step away from whatever-the-gently caress that is up there. I'm about to squash it." With that, Aidan punches out the window of the car and gives the driver a thumbs up. "I'm required to thank you for your contribution, citizen. LATER HUMAN!" Aidan stomps on the gas and gets the wheels squealing. His mind focuses, the streams start crossing, and suddenly Aidan and the car just vanish from sight.

The next thing Aidan sees in a regular three-dimensional space is the front end of the car smashing through a wall. The front end of the car almost makes a beeline for That loving Cat. Aidan suddenly remembered what whiplash was as the car crashes unceremoniously into the floor, and the spot where That loving Cat was. Gravity takes the car to its logical conclusion as the back end falls back down. As the dust from the wall clouds up the area, Aidan coughs and climbs out the window.

"*cough cough* Bleh. Situation. loving. Cleared." So, there he was, hanging out the window of a car parked on top of a cat and covered in some sort of red sauce. He is possibly now covered in legitimate blood, though it's hard to tell right now.

Rolling casting, drawing five points of power, rolled enough, TELEPORT TIME! <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, +/-++5 = 6

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

"For the love of poo poo you mortals can't stop loving with occult poo poo?" Aidan says as he stumbles in. Oh great, there's that sign again. This SHUIZN guy is starting to get on his nerves. Suddenly there was talk of times not matching up and oh god here we go again. "Yo, speaking of containment, nothing got out during the brief little glimpse of clusterfuck did it? Is the perimeter secure? And why the hell did nobody answer why the hell I was in a dumpster?"

Aidan sighs as he looks around. Looks like it was time to use his magical sight powers to see if he can peer past the 3rd dimension again. Who knows, maybe there's some weird disturbances in space-time that he can catch up on. His approximation of a Third Eye opens, and once again the mass of information from the layers of the universe pours into his brain at 4G speeds. Then his eyes drift to the...is that a manga involving the woman over Marcus's shoulder (what the gently caress) and that gravity flipping chick? "...Well at least let me have a look." He says as he cranes his head around to try and get a view.

Rolling Investigation and flipping on The Sight to see what's up. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, /+//+3 = 4

AlanWhats fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 2, 2013

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

"Yep, that's some occult bullshit alright." Aidan says, somehow possessing a lit cigarette in his mouth. Without even looking, he shoves a carton of smokes and a lighter in Zhang's hands. "Alright, whatever, let's see what the deal with this chick is."

With that, Aidan kneels down next to Tzu-Hsi's unconscious body. He leans over and looks her square in the eyes, zoning out as he begins to concentrate. After a few seconds of what appears to be nothing happening, Aidan's eyes suddenly seem to wax over and turn a dirty yellow in color, glowing and thrumming sickly as his true nature bubbles to the surface for a moment. His mouth parts in a strange rictus grin until it seems to open almost of its own accord. Those more magically inclined might suddenly see the ghost of his consciousness reach out from his face and begin to filter into Tzu-Hsi's head. With his disembodied consciousness face, Aidan begins to look around inside Tzu-Hsi's head and soul. Of course, the fact that said appendage now resembles his old dreamlands form didn't really occur to him, but if it works it works.

Using Thaumaturgy to try and get mystical and get inside her head and have a look around. Also kinda maybe revealing the horror of Tohthus-Amum to an already fragile psyche but what can you do.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

So there Aidan was, drifting and coalescing into a vaguely humanoid form in the middle of a still forest. After a moment of stillness Aidan stands there, taking in the sight. The essence of Aidan's soul bubbles up the surface, crystallizing along the side of his face, the bridge of his nose, and all of his eye. As it takes shape, an orifice guarded only by bony teeth opens where his eye should be. As Aidan opens his seeing apparatuses, there's only one question on his mind.

"...why the gently caress are there teeth in my eye? Ah whatever." With this, Aidan begins to walk around the empty mindscape. Something about this place gives him...chills is the best word to describe it. "Hello? Tommy?" Aidan calls out in an imitation falsetto. "Seriously though, I know you're there, you probably know I'm here. Come on out and show yourself." As if to emphasize his appearance of not giving a poo poo, Aidan tries to light up a spirit cigarette. It's kind of weird and it didn't really do anything, but in this case it's really the thought that counts.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

The sudden appearance of somebody right next to Aidan caused him to take a couple steps back and look rather cross. It's true that he normally looks cross anyways, but now he just looks more so. The mouth eye pit doesn't help matters. "...That is not Chinese." For some reason, as he talked, his eye-mouth moved along with his mouth-mouth.

"Okay, so you have an idea of what I am." Aidan says, his eye-mouth beginning to emit a higher pitched voice of its own. "You probably should, what with your knowledge of things relating to the occult and all. Probably because you may or may not be one." He points at her. "But I have seen some mindscapes, and floating generally doesn't happen in environments like this. What the hell."

Rolling Empathy. Human emotions what the gently caress are those. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, +--/+1 = 0

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

What feels like eons pass between Aidan comprehending the horror that is before him and him blinking in reaction. The eye-mouth gnashes its teeth in response. For the briefest moment, Aidan holds up his hand. His jaw briefly opens, before decidedly closing with a single statement. "gently caress no."

With that, he turns on his heels and just about bolts for it. There's a brief second that takes him off-guard, though. The glassy-eyed look behind the presumably hijacked spirit of Tzu-Hsi somehow managed to worm its way into his head. At least, that's what he thinks happened just now. His teeth, both in his jaw and in his eye, clench along with his fist. Suddenly he gets a very, very different idea of how to go about this.

Just as quickly as he turned away, Aidan turned to face Tzu-Hsi. He points dramatically directly behind the spirit's visage. His voice warps as he suddenly calls upon knowledge deep within himself to speak in a tongue unknown to most mortals. <"Let go of the plaything, rear end in a top hat. She's mine now.">

Compelling You've Got a Heart of Gold, Mr. Grinch to not do the smart thing and get the gently caress outta here. Rolling Provoke to call this thing out, invoking Two Bodys, One Spirit, Bad Times to leverage my eldritch nature to do so. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, -///+3 = 2 + 2 = 4

AlanWhats fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 20, 2013

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Physical Stress: [x][x][]
Consequences: Mild [x]

To Aidan's credit, he did expect something like this to happen. He didn't quite expect it to be so...forceful though. More importantly, the strange spacial fuckery that allowed this thing to hide was getting to him. I mean, he's the one that does that sort of thing, and this doesn't even register as a thing that's possible.

Of course, that's rather beside the point when there's a giant fist tentacle about to squash you like a fly. Thankfully, he's in the rather malleable world of the mind, rather than the all too concrete world of reality. Aidan takes advantage of that fact, and with a mental implosion tears his way out of his mortal image and out of the way of the giant fist thing.

With that, the newly shelled Tohthus-Amum looks down with his many eyes and..."Wait, this ain't right." He comments as he looks himself over. "...Eh gently caress it, this'll do."

Rolled Millionth Favored one to shed my mortal image and become something...approximately like my old form. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, ////+5 = 5

Taking a Mild Physical Consequence: "Discombobulated"

AlanWhats fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost
Physical Stress: [x][x][]
Mild (Discombobulated) [x]

Aidan, in his amorphous dream shape, is just about to turn around when he hears this weird voice out of nowhere. "What the fu-" Before he can move his inkblot of a body around to fully see the source of that voice, a giant pink laser with hearts around it suddenly pierces the air, screaming out in a fabulous roar as it imposes its strange bullshit into this already strange bullshit land. "..."

It is at this moment that his thousands of constantly forming and absorbing eyes stare at the maid with a look of magnified disbelief. Aidan was stuck for a moment wondering what in the Blind Idiot God's name managed to arrange for a maid with laser powers to break into this girl's head. When the maid starts admonishing him for wondering what the gently caress, Aidan then snaps back into the feeble context of human reality and realizes that he needed to get Tzu-Hsi. With that, he lunges his body over towards the unconscious girl's soul body and scoops her up with primordial limbs. Now that he appears to have accomplished the reason for diving into her head in the first place, Aidan decides to fly as far and as fast as he possibly can.

• Locked thread