Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Current games of Interest:
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Being re-released on the PS3 as a PS2 classic, this game is set to try and take all the free time you have away from you. With both Pro Wrestling and MMA modes, a fully functional Ring Edit mode, the most customizable AI of any wrestling game out there, thousands of different moves, and more CAWs than any other wrestling game has to offer (Around 850), this is the game you want to play. Being a PS3 DLC title also means that finally, game saves are completely tradeable online which will make expanding your rosters a million times cheaper and easier. This game launches on April 24, 2013 for the US PSN store.

Need more reason to get hype?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tak2b0dk9bg

WWE '13

THQ's swan song and final WWE offering, it was so close, so close to being the best WWE game they've ever put out. A semi-working online system, the return (sort of) of Create A Championship, an amazingly robust Attitude Era story mode, an absolutely enormous roster spanning the Attitude and Current Eras of the WWE, and the most fleshed out Universe Mode ever, this game had a lot of positives going for it. However, some problems with the AI, and the spotty online system, along with some game-breaking glitches (such as the lack of 2-counts and random lock-ups of your system), left a bit of a sour taste in people's mouths. There's still a lot of good with this game though! It's completely fleshed out create an arena mode has left a lot of really creative and historic arenas available for public use, and the game has seen a growth in popularity thanks to VGCW.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where the hell is grodypack?
Still in the making! Until then, we hope to tide you over with COMPILATION HULKAPACK! Please click below to download the latest version.

KungFu Grip posted:

I dunno about no Grodypack or any Hulkapack, but I do know of a KungFuPack. Should be basically the same as Hulkapack plus a few more dudes. Full roster spaces so if you want to move dudes over to it, not gonna happen unless you delete a person or two. I probably have some League or Tournament saved in progress and already have titles assigned to dudes so do whatever with that. It is for the PSN version, just download your save from the PS3 to a USB and find the file location of the saves and just unzip this and paste it in. It is labeled as "SCEVMC1.VME" to replace your second save, so I hope you don't have something in that slot. Then just copy it back onto the PS3 from the USB! I don't have a special picture like the OP, I just got this because I like reminding people of the title MUSCLE BOMBER THE BODY EXPLOSION.

What the hell is grodypack?
It is a collection of enhanced CAWs and arenas for Fire Pro Wrestling Returns on the PS3.

But I have an XBOX 360/Wii!
:negative:

I've been out of the loop, what are good games?
Well generally, the accepted best games are:
MMA
UFC Undisputed 3 THQ's final UFC game, and definitely their finest work in the genre, it boasts a considerably large roster, and a very accurately and faithfully portrayed Pride Mode. If you're going to get a MMA game, this is the one to grab.

Pro Wrestling
WWE '13. Just get it. Yes, Online is kinda broken, but Universe mode is the bread and butter here, as is the faithfully done Attitude Era mode. The lack of 2-counts does hurt the game some, however.
WWF No Mercy for the N64, a classic game that is still so popular it has a community of modders to keep the game updated with the rosters of today.(Shut up about the music)
WWE SmackDown! Here Comes The Pain! is another great game just because of the sheer amount of things you can do, even if CAW is lacking in that title.
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns is another excellent title, a 2-D game which relies on an extraordinary roster that you can edit and add to, with an extremely large moveset and the best AI in any wrestling game today. If you have an PS3, this game is endlessly editable, and the best part? The game is only $10. Get this game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Goon Contact Info~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Add your PSN/XBL information to the above database! Play with other goons who enjoy watching men in underwear hug eachother!

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Might just have to find my copy of FPWR. Never mastered the controls.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jack Krauser posted:

Might just have to find my copy of FPWR. Never mastered the controls.

It's a bit tough but once you do, it makes you just stare at THQ games in contempt.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I also don't know anything about this stuff but this may come in handy: http://www.dashhacks.com/ps3/ps3-hacks/get-your-classic-ps2-saves-working-ps2-classics%E2%80%99-memory-card-converter-v20-by-spewfr.html

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Yeah, this is a must if you want to transfer over your actual PS2 save to the PS3.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
The lack of love for Wrestling Revolution HD in the OP really goes to show how much John Cena hates the Indies.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If I have the English FPR PS2 disc is there any reason I would want to get the PS3 version? Upgraded graphics or anything? I don't have a PS2 anymore and my PS3 isn't backwards compatible, so I really only play the game via emulator on my PC. I don't mind dropping another 10 bucks on such a fantastic game, but I don't really want to do so unless there's a good reason.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Deadpool posted:

If I have the English FPR PS2 disc is there any reason I would want to get the PS3 version? Upgraded graphics or anything? I don't have a PS2 anymore and my PS3 isn't backwards compatible, so I really only play the game via emulator on my PC. I don't mind dropping another 10 bucks on such a fantastic game, but I don't really want to do so unless there's a good reason.

Downloadable Save Files which means Downloadable CAWS and Arenas. No gimmicks needed.

Jefferoo posted:

The lack of love for Wrestling Revolution HD in the OP really goes to show how much John Cena hates the Indies.

Do a write-up on it and it will be included!!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jefferoo posted:

To be fair, everyone hates MDickie. He is the Ian Rotten of video games.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

John Cena posted:

Downloadable Save Files which means Downloadable CAWS and Arenas. No gimmicks needed.

Well, that's incredibly simple to do on the emulator as well.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

John Cena posted:

Is this only for people transferring their PS2 memory cards over, or is there some sort of community creations deal?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Is this only for people transferring their PS2 memory cards over, or is there some sort of community creations deal?

download a save file from the internet, put it on a flash drive, put flash drive in your ps3, copy over. No weird programs or knick-knacks or file-fuckery needed other than a flash drive.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
All I'd want is a save that adds dudes, but doesn't gently caress with the default roster except maybe image updates. Like its pretty cool how many of these dudes I know now that I've gotten more into NJPW.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

with any save you can pick and choose wrestlers to import over your default save. just sayin

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
This better come out onto the UK PSN :colbert:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

simosimo posted:

This better come out onto the UK PSN :colbert:

if not just make a us psn account. psn store is region free.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Oh right, didn't know that. Sweet

Lets get critting.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Probably going to grab up Fire Pro when I have the extra cash. Looks sweet and I've wanted to play it for so long.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

How do you trade PS2 Classic saves? I love playing FPWR but never used anything besides the default roster because it was too time consuming to make a CAW or download them.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Budget Dracula posted:

How do you trade PS2 Classic saves? I love playing FPWR but never used anything besides the default roster because it was too time consuming to make a CAW or download them.

Looks like..

John Cena posted:

download a save file from the internet, put it on a flash drive, put flash drive in your ps3, copy over. No weird programs or knick-knacks or file-fuckery needed other than a flash drive.

When does the store update in the US?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
There's an error in your OP, for some reason you can't click on the grodypack link. For some reason!

For some reason.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Dang , if save trading is as easy as that I am so hyped for this.

I only wish we had some form of card generator or non-linear purpose. I don't have the inclination to make up stories in my mind. But hey, the fact they're even releasing this is so kickass.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm going to buy this and then really want a new one with net play.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

For those who haven't played it, biggest compliment I can give FPR is that unlike the THQ games - you most of the time always feel like you're having a really good match, and when you lose you don't feel like you got screwed over.

Also a giant roster you better get ready to rename to real life counterparts if you don't plan on DLing a save!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVYnu8viVa8&t=115s

My PS2 has been busted for years and I missed this game. It's been so long since I've played it and there are so many new wrestlers that have come on the scene that I can't wait to create. Also so many current ones I need to edit!!! With 500 slots that shouldn't be a problem. :hellyeah:

FishBulb posted:

There's an error in your OP, for some reason you can't click on the grodypack link. For some reason!

For some reason.

I'm still the only one who has this.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Apr 23, 2013

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Looking forward to this. I haven't booted up my PS3 since the CM Punk Blu Ray came out, finally a reason to blow the dust off that thing.

I have the game for PS2, but I had to use that stupid bootleg loader disc thing to copy poo poo onto my memory card. I got sick of that real quick, so glad that this will be easier.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I've sporadically dabbled in my PS2 copy of Fire Pro. Never really got into a habit of playing it regularly (probably due to the lack of a real guided single-player experience). BUT every time I do play it, it absolutely shames the Yukes games in terms of AI. I can let two AI guys duke it out, and a good match almost always happens. There was one time my buddy and I "simmed" an upcoming WWE PPV card in both games, and the difference in match quality was comical.

I have a physical PS2 card reader for my PS3, so I can use the PS3 to get saves onto it, although I can't play the actual game on PS3. Got a working PS2 in the bedroom for that, although I move it into the living room from time to time. Might buy this downloadable classics version of FPR to streamline everything... plus I feel like I'll actually play the game more if it's sitting on my HDD!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

So is the grodypack the definitive save for the game? Are there any other recommended ones that update the roster with current WWE/TNA/ROH rosters?

Glad they are releasing this and it'll have the english menus. I remember trying to play one of the older ones back in high school but gently caress being stoned and trying to navigate an endless labyrinth of Japanese.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

flashy_mcflash posted:

Glad they are releasing this and it'll have the english menus. I remember trying to play one of the older ones back in high school but gently caress being stoned and trying to navigate an endless labyrinth of Japanese.
Even in english, the menus aren't very intuitive. The UI is probably the weakest aspect of the game. But still, you'll definitely have an easier time with it now.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

flashy_mcflash posted:

So is the grodypack the definitive save for the game? Are there any other recommended ones that update the roster with current WWE/TNA/ROH rosters?

There is no grodypack. It is a lie. Find something else.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I own the japanese version of FPR, the english version of FPR and soon the PS3 classic version.

Clearly I have a problem.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
http://youtu.be/h8NcVCJGghE

I did a rambling sit down video of this game a few months back. If you want a long winded explanation of the game , be my guest and watch the vid :)

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

simosimo posted:

http://youtu.be/h8NcVCJGghE

I did a rambling sit down video of this game a few months back. If you want a long winded explanation of the game , be my guest and watch the vid :)

I want that save so bad :[

Edit: Thank you :tipshat:

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 23, 2013

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Snacksmaniac posted:

I want that save so bad :[

You can have it soon!

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I bought WWE '13 for my 360 yesterday for half price on the on demand service and it's a bunch of fun but kinda hard? I might also just be terrible. It only comes with an online manual that I haven't downloaded yet and the in-game help only explains the very basics. Basically I'm just mashing a lot of buttons hoping to get through things. Could anyone give me some like, basic tips? I started Attitude Era mode and got through a bunch of matches fine (gently caress slamming people through tables btw) but the Universe mode seems kind of overwhelming.

Do I just go through it the way it sets it up for me mostly and have fun with it? Do I change a bunch of things? Do I change EVERYTHING? Do I simulate matches I don't wanna play myself or is that generally a bad idea? I feel kind of lost in a horrible newbie kind of way but drat, there's loads of stuff to change and choose from and I feel completely overwhelmed when I look at it all. I just want to make some men punch some other men for the most part, but I'm definitely super curious about all the options it's offering me. Also do I need Gold to download anything community created or is just being online enough? I'm a cheap mofo with no friends so I only have silver :v:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Snacksmaniac posted:

When does the store update in the US?

Between now and midnight, seriously. Most likely it will be close to 5 est.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

abraxas posted:

I bought WWE '13 for my 360 yesterday for half price on the on demand service and it's a bunch of fun but kinda hard? I might also just be terrible. It only comes with an online manual that I haven't downloaded yet and the in-game help only explains the very basics. Basically I'm just mashing a lot of buttons hoping to get through things. Could anyone give me some like, basic tips? I started Attitude Era mode and got through a bunch of matches fine (gently caress slamming people through tables btw) but the Universe mode seems kind of overwhelming.

Do I just go through it the way it sets it up for me mostly and have fun with it? Do I change a bunch of things? Do I change EVERYTHING? Do I simulate matches I don't wanna play myself or is that generally a bad idea? I feel kind of lost in a horrible newbie kind of way but drat, there's loads of stuff to change and choose from and I feel completely overwhelmed when I look at it all. I just want to make some men punch some other men for the most part, but I'm definitely super curious about all the options it's offering me. Also do I need Gold to download anything community created or is just being online enough? I'm a cheap mofo with no friends so I only have silver :v:

Well, read the online manual so you can know what each button does. It's not too hard, there's strike, grapple and reverse, those will be mostly what you'll use.

Universe Mode is just a mode where you can build your own shows and the CPU auto suggests matches. You can do as much or as little as you want. You can make entire new shows & rosters with only your created guys, or you can leave everything the way WWE has it right now. You can always reset it if you like, there's no real way to "break" it.

I generally just Sim through until I see a match I wanna play.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

triplexpac posted:

Well, read the online manual so you can know what each button does. It's not too hard, there's strike, grapple and reverse, those will be mostly what you'll use.

Universe Mode is just a mode where you can build your own shows and the CPU auto suggests matches. You can do as much or as little as you want. You can make entire new shows & rosters with only your created guys, or you can leave everything the way WWE has it right now. You can always reset it if you like, there's no real way to "break" it.

I generally just Sim through until I see a match I wanna play.

Thanks, that's a good start to go off of for the universe mode. The in-game tutorial/manual does a pretty good job of explaining which button does what and so on and so forth. I was hoping for a little more detail on things somehow, though. Like if I grapple my opponent I just mash A and push in a direction but I never have any idea what'll come out of it. Trying to slam HHH through a table as Cactus Jack (I think that's the match I played last night) was honestly super frustrating because Foley would not goddamn slam a fool. It was all armbreakers and atomic drops or whatever. I got HHH up on the table but then couldn't figure out how to get on the table with him. I was hoping for like, a piledriver through it from on top of the table or something but I sure couldn't figure out if that's even possible. It eventually worked by sheer luck and some sort of side slam that accidentaly grazed the table and broke it, which apparently counted :v:

Basically, is there a move list somewhere without having to resort to FAQs or whatever? Or at least a way to figure out which direction is an actual slam and which direction is an armbreaker or something.

I very obviously have very little experience with WWE games before this one :(

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'd play a few Exhibition matches so you get a handle on the controls and then go through Attitude Mode. Attitude will allow you to further learn the controls and also get used to the subtle nuances of several different wrestlers and how they play. Attitude will unlock stuff (wrestlers, arenas, etc) you can then take into Universe, which is where you'll likely spend most of your time after you complete the story mode.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

abraxas posted:

Thanks, that's a good start to go off of for the universe mode. The in-game tutorial/manual does a pretty good job of explaining which button does what and so on and so forth. I was hoping for a little more detail on things somehow, though. Like if I grapple my opponent I just mash A and push in a direction but I never have any idea what'll come out of it. Trying to slam HHH through a table as Cactus Jack (I think that's the match I played last night) was honestly super frustrating because Foley would not goddamn slam a fool. It was all armbreakers and atomic drops or whatever. I got HHH up on the table but then couldn't figure out how to get on the table with him. I was hoping for like, a piledriver through it from on top of the table or something but I sure couldn't figure out if that's even possible. It eventually worked by sheer luck and some sort of side slam that accidentaly grazed the table and broke it, which apparently counted :v:

Basically, is there a move list somewhere without having to resort to FAQs or whatever? Or at least a way to figure out which direction is an actual slam and which direction is an armbreaker or something.

I very obviously have very little experience with WWE games before this one :(
I haven't played WWE'13, but in most modern WWE games you irish whip a guy into an object (table), then while the opponent is leaning or kinda slumped on the object you use the grapple button to interact with the item. So like, you might stand on the table and bring the guy up with you, or even trigger an automated sequence where you do a move that puts the guy through the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'd play a few Exhibition matches so you get a handle on the controls and then go through Attitude Mode. Attitude will allow you to further learn the controls and also get used to the subtle nuances of several different wrestlers and how they play. Attitude will unlock stuff (wrestlers, arenas, etc) you can then take into Universe, which is where you'll likely spend most of your time after you complete the story mode.

Yeah, I think I'll just continue to play Attitude Mode and see where I get from there. I'm sure most of it is just practice/getting used to things. Thanks for all the tips so far!

Minidust posted:

I haven't played WWE'13, but in most modern WWE games you irish whip a guy into an object (table), then while the opponent is leaning or kinda slumped on the object you use the grapple button to interact with the item. So like, you might stand on the table and bring the guy up with you, or even trigger an automated sequence where you do a move that puts the guy through the table.

I tried that. I got HHH to lean against the table but all the grapple button did was make my character push HHH onto the table on his back. As I said I probably just have to play around with it some more to figure out what the hell is going on but it was seriously almost impossible for me to figure out how to slam that dude through the godforsaken table :mad:

• Locked thread