Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Yeah the only way to really know what you're doing with each guy is to edit them and check out what moves they have assigned. I just find a move that I know puts a guy through a table and stick with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

abraxas posted:

Thanks, that's a good start to go off of for the universe mode. The in-game tutorial/manual does a pretty good job of explaining which button does what and so on and so forth. I was hoping for a little more detail on things somehow, though. Like if I grapple my opponent I just mash A and push in a direction but I never have any idea what'll come out of it. Trying to slam HHH through a table as Cactus Jack (I think that's the match I played last night) was honestly super frustrating because Foley would not goddamn slam a fool. It was all armbreakers and atomic drops or whatever. I got HHH up on the table but then couldn't figure out how to get on the table with him. I was hoping for like, a piledriver through it from on top of the table or something but I sure couldn't figure out if that's even possible. It eventually worked by sheer luck and some sort of side slam that accidentaly grazed the table and broke it, which apparently counted :v:

Basically, is there a move list somewhere without having to resort to FAQs or whatever? Or at least a way to figure out which direction is an actual slam and which direction is an armbreaker or something.

I very obviously have very little experience with WWE games before this one :(

There's an option to edit wrestler's move sets, you can look through all their moves there (and edit things to your liking if you wish).

As for the grappling, the direction you hold means different types of initial grapple positions. If I recall correctly, holding up will give you a head lock, down will slip around behind them for a waistlock, left or right are different arm wringers. And each of those positions has 5 or 6 different moves you can do from there.

So, it will basically go like this. Press grapple button while holding left to get into the arm-wringer position. From that position, pressing the grapple button with different directional buttons will give you different moves (i.e. down and grapple for a northern lights suplex). You can also press strike from any of the grapple positions as well. Holding the grapple button down will get you submissions.

Also, from any of the initial grapple positions, hold R1 (that's what it is on PS3, not sure on 360) and you can get moves that target specific limbs. The graphic on screen should guide you there.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 23, 2013

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

abraxas posted:

Yeah, I think I'll just continue to play Attitude Mode and see where I get from there. I'm sure most of it is just practice/getting used to things. Thanks for all the tips so far!

I tried that. I got HHH to lean against the table but all the grapple button did was make my character push HHH onto the table on his back. As I said I probably just have to play around with it some more to figure out what the hell is going on but it was seriously almost impossible for me to figure out how to slam that dude through the godforsaken table :mad:

You could just jump onto him while he's on the table from a turnbuckle.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I Before E posted:

You could just jump onto him while he's on the table from a turnbuckle.

I did that! But that's not a slam and the historical objective specifically asked me to slam him through the table :( Still looked badass though, I love wrestling games!

Again, thanks for all the tips guys, I don't wanna completely take over this thread with my newbness so I'll just leave it at that for now and come back when I'm stuck on one of those matches where I cannot for the live of me complete the objectives :v:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

abraxas posted:

I tried that. I got HHH to lean against the table but all the grapple button did was make my character push HHH onto the table on his back. As I said I probably just have to play around with it some more to figure out what the hell is going on but it was seriously almost impossible for me to figure out how to slam that dude through the godforsaken table :mad:

Once he's lying on the table you can either use the Run button to climb up there and grapple him or if you have enough time, climb to the nearest turnbuckle and do a crazy flying elbow through the table.

e: beaten like HHH

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Sometimes I forget how non-intuitive the WWE games can be if you haven't played every single one leading up to it. I tried to get my girlfriend to play a match with me once, and the controls were baffling to her.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

For those of you not familiar with how to play FPR here's a FAQ:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/927675-fire-pro-wrestling-returns/faqs/39062

its not the only one not written by a drooling shitmonger fan.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
I really hope there are no new changes to the roster for this rerelease due to WWE Legends contracts, but I wouldn't mind if they fixed a couple of the translation errors. I'm not holding my breath though.

No matter what, even though I own the PS2 version and a 60GB PS3, I couldn't be happier this is getting one more kick at the can.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I wouldn't know for sure obviously, but I assume this is basically them just throwing a disc image up of the PS2 game. I can't imagine they would change anything, if they did have to it probably wouldn't be cost effective to bother releasing it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I can't personally confirm this, but the PSN Store should be updated. Go download FPR now!

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Update is live so ya'll go get it.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
So hows it work for non US goons. Make a USA PSN ID, then add a visa card. I read that it doesn't like non-US payment forms or whatever?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

simosimo posted:

So hows it work for non US goons. Make a USA PSN ID, then add a visa card. I read that it doesn't like non-US payment forms or whatever?
Could always get a US PSN card off ebay where they send you the code.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Ill pick you up one if you wanna buy it off me.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Here's what the PSN Store thread has to say.

PSN Store Thread posted:

I want to buy something from a PlayStation Store outside of my region. Is there any way to do this?
Yes. Create an account of a region where you want to buy the item from. Then, add funds with PSN cards from the same region and buy the item with those funds.
PSN cards are sold by region and only redeemable in the same region. (ex.: US PSN card can only be used in the US PlayStation Store) Find an online shop that sells PSN cards of a region that you want items from.
I don’t have a recommendation on whom to go to for this.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Dang alright, well I've made a US account. Entered no billing info. Willing to pay someone for whatever has to happen. Needs me fire pro!

PM me if you can help / need private info w/e.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I've failed miserably as target was out of $20 cards. Can anyone else help?

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 23, 2013

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Yessss it's out! Purchasing now. :hellyeah:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
RE this US business. So when [if] I can get this and download it to my PS3. Can I log back into my usual PS3 account and it will be on the PS3's hard drive? Phew, I think i'll give this another try tomorrow evening

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yup it's out: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/fire-pro-wrestling-returns/cid=UP9000-NPUD21702_00-0000000000000000

simosimo posted:

RE this US business. So when [if] I can get this and download it to my PS3. Can I log back into my usual PS3 account and it will be on the PS3's hard drive? Phew, I think i'll give this another try tomorrow evening
Yes. I have games from other regions and play them fine on my main account.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 23, 2013

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Sometimes a 30 gig line isn't fast enough.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I have just over $10 left in my PSN account.

It's a sign

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Jealous of you fucks :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Question, can you buy a PSN game via PC and transfer it over through Flashdrive?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Help guys! My PS3 just froze while trying to background download this thing!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

John Cena posted:

Question, can you buy a PSN game via PC and transfer it over through Flashdrive?

No, it still needs to be downloaded from the PS3.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Someone give me a PS3.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I keep getting the 80029564 error during installation. :negative:

3 attempts, all corrupted.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

Well, ain't that just grand. Mine froze, yours is corrupted. I guess Fire Pro on the ps3 was just too good to be true.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Downloading now, 2 hours to complete :suicide:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Mine worked fine now I'm anxious for simo to get it so I can steal his save.
Edit: I didn't edit much in this version (played SNES/PSX/Dreamcast versions a lot) and holy hell it's complicated to start a new guy. But now I'm rolling.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 24, 2013

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Been a while since I've heard the sweet FPR menu music haha. Hope some saves get put up soon, apparently people are working on a converter that should make it easier

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

One has to wonder if this does well in sales, would it prompt Spike to make another true Fire Pro title?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yeah I'm going to hold back buying it until there are some good saves on it. What are the limits on roster, ring mats and things?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1965

Apparently someone got a PS2 save working on this using these directions. Easily shareable roster saves? :flashfap:

Fire Pro, you guys. :unsmith:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I started doing that with a download PS3 save but :effort:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

Hey, Hulka, I got this message too, but when I went to network, it still showed it was downloading. It took over 2 hours, but it did download despite that message.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Well, that didn't take long.

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/36432309/file.html

This is the most recent version of desertpunk's Real World 2012 save (list of what's included here), converted to work with FPR on the PS3. Just extract the folder in the rar to the root of your USB device, then plug it into your PS3, and navigate to Game > Save Data Utility (PS2) and copy the save from the USB to your system.

Going to buy the game now.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 24, 2013

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If you need US PSN codes from outside the US then Play Asia are selling them at face value for a short while. So a $20 card will cost $20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
So for Fire Pro is there anything like a career/universe mode similar to Wrestling Revolution? Any sorta craziness to it?

• Locked thread