Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Has there been any word on what is happening to the WWE game license now that THQ is kaput?

I'm assuming that not much will change aside from the publisher logo on the box. The in-game newsboard says that there will be a WWE '14 and that 2K is publishing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

njsykora posted:

Those codes can expire. Yes really. Welcome to Gaming 2013. But yeah I don't know who you'd talk to about that now THQ is done but 2K seems like a start.

I'm sorry. What? They can loving expire? :psyduck:

This is why I play loving PC games.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Has there been any word on what is happening to the WWE game license now that THQ is kaput?

I EMailed Gamersgate a few days to try and cancel my pre-order for Steam version of Wrestlefest, and got a reply.

quote:

Hi
The game was not fully cancelled actually, the rights are still pending between 2 parties that are in conflict, so everyone is awaiting the development of this.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

There are never DRM problems with PC games!

I haven't played the MMA mode in these games. Is it with pitching to a big MMA fan?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if they like 2D sprites beating the poo poo out of each other its pretty fun.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Budget Dracula posted:

FPR always surprises me. Just had a match where Bob Sapp KO'd a non-legal man in a tag match with one punch while the dude was just chilling on the apron in the corner.

I loving love this sort of thing. My favourite is to knock out the non-legal guy in elimination matches. After a few eliminations, the ref finally notices "Hey, there's an unconscious guy!" and starts to check on him if he's in the ring or count him out if he's outside.

My PS3 is in for repairs with Sony right now. Since using downloaded saves is apparently so easy, downloading this will be the first thing I do when I get it back.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Snacksmaniac posted:

I haven't played the MMA mode in these games. Is it with pitching to a big MMA fan?

I wouldn't say it's worth it to buy just for the MMA mode. It's fun, but since we all know about ground game now it's not really deep in that respect. You're not going to transition from guard to mount and tap someone out.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

tonight, I'm gonna give the saves a try.

I took Kobashi and beat the poo poo out of some Toryumon guy for a solid 30 minutes. I probably cried a little from joy.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

coconono posted:

I took Kobashi and beat the poo poo out of some Toryumon guy for a solid 30 minutes. I probably cried a little from joy.
How many lariats did you throw?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Cena and Bray Wyatt just went 58 minutes for the WWE title. Cena won with an STF naturally.

I need to sim Tanahashi vs Cena to see who comes out on top in the battle of the invincible supermen.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Perigryn posted:

How many lariats did you throw?

All of them?

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I'm assuming there's no way to get a trial version of FPR since it's a PS2 Classic, right?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I never played a Fire Pro game before, this is amazing. I did DDP vs Randy Orton, hit him with a critical Diamond Cutter, and he died in the ring. :stare:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Bocc Kob posted:

I never played a Fire Pro game before, this is amazing. I did DDP vs Randy Orton, hit him with a critical Diamond Cutter, and he died in the ring. :stare:

One concussion too far, I think.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I wonder if that was on his notes.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Here's a meandering video for those still undecided about the gem that is Fire pro R!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4bO4DGDQNo

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Quasipox posted:

I'm assuming there's no way to get a trial version of FPR since it's a PS2 Classic, right?

Its only 10 dollars, so even if you have only a slight interest just put down the cash. At the very least, you can run an exploding cage match and blow up your least favorite wrestlers.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Havoc904 posted:

Its only 10 dollars, so even if you have only a slight interest just put down the cash. At the very least, you can run an exploding cage match and blow up your least favorite wrestlers.

The ability to actually KILL people in the ring is worth the :10bux:

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Havoc904 posted:

Oh man, for some reason I thought it was $20. I'll definitely pick it up then.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Did anyone play Fire Pro Z? Seems like no one bought it, got hype for it, or talked about it much on forums. Was it that bad?

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
I bought it but I'll be damned if I can remember much of anything about it in comparison to features that were in Fire Pro D or R.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dishwasher posted:

Did anyone play Fire Pro Z? Seems like no one bought it, got hype for it, or talked about it much on forums. Was it that bad?

Never got a US release IIRC.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Isn't Returns pretty much Z, gameplay/features/engine wise?

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

coconono posted:

Never got a US release IIRC.

Didn't stop most of us back in the day.

I think Z may indeed have been pretty close to R which may be why I can't think of anything specific that was different, though I keep thinking some of the garbage match types may not have been in Z.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Blitzkrieg cannot even touch Super Cena. :(
I'm really rusty at this game. I'm going to just get out my paper manual and have it handy because it's really hard to read the in game one.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Watched Taz suplex Cena into oblivion for about 15 minutes with Cena getting like no offense. Cena hits like three moves and criticals Taz with the STFU. :smith:

Beat him if you can, survive if Cena allows it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I keep doing 8 man dream matches and I wish it gave a better tale of the tape. I wanna know the impact move before the leg hook pin.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Thinking of making a 'lets sim' video series. Just random matches with skill 7 ai and a tiny bit of colour commentary. Not necessarily dream matches , but matches you'd never see because of brand crossovers, or commercial games not including everyone (jobbers).

Virgil v duke the dumpster drosse? gently caress yeah!

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Apr 26, 2013

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

This sounds like a blast. Wish it was easy to get a broadcast "team" together.
Norman Smiley vs Fandango vs Disco Inferno.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

coconono posted:

used Kobashi to drop a billion Burning Hammers on Captain New Japan, but then since I'm still learning this thing I couldn't get down to cover and pin him quickly enough (Kobashi's knees joke goes here). So, so, so good.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Did a pretty fun 8-man tag, Team Hell No + Miz + R-Truth vs Rhodes Scholars + Wade Barrett + Cesaro

Cesaro has a great moveset, but Wade's was a bit lacking. Unless I was hitting the wrong buttons, I don't think Wade has Wasteland or his new Bull Hammer move. Are they in the game?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Did a pretty fun 8-man tag, Team Hell No + Miz + R-Truth vs Rhodes Scholars + Wade Barrett + Cesaro

Cesaro has a great moveset, but Wade's was a bit lacking. Unless I was hitting the wrong buttons, I don't think Wade has Wasteland or his new Bull Hammer move. Are they in the game?

Wasteland may not be, but there are Rolling elbows and running Elbow strikes because, well Misawa's moves, so he probably has that.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

There's like a forward rolling fireman carry but it's more like Kennedy's. I'm not sure what his other move is.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bob Sapp beat the everloving gently caress out of CM Punk. Everytime Punk would get some offense in, Sapp would bolo Punk with a running shoulder block.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
That most recent save posted makes me want to do a tournament with all the lovely gimmicks and stuff on there. Also what is a good AI level for good matches?

edit: wow that pack is not that good for japanese wrestlers. No Kota, No Okada, No Omega, No Karl Anderson. A ton of repeat characters though. The guy barely tied to update some peoples outfits, like Nakamura is wrong and Iizuka isnt a bald rear end in a top hat.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 26, 2013

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Combining packs may be harder than anticipated. It seems like the game doesn't save to Virtual Memory Cards after all, just the save data utility folder, which only allows one save at a time.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Just make your second save the one with 1 at the end I didn't have a problem. I think the converter just uses both for redundancy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I had no idea Fire Pro Wrestling was on PSN, this is the best news.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

Just make your second save the one with 1 at the end I didn't have a problem. I think the converter just uses both for redundancy.

It overwrites it. And it doesn't act as occupying slot 1 or 2 of the memory cards in the game, which is the main problem when it comes to transferring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I guarantee I got it to work I'll do a step by step when I get to a PC.

• Locked thread