Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So I just loaded that save linked a page or so ago and this is the best wrestling game, I'm legitimately shocked how good the created dudes are.

On a related note I've forgotten everything about this game, how the hell do I grab weapons and get out of the ring? Is there a manual or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!
Welp, looks like I'll have to get around to saving for a PS3 before long here. :sigh: I loved playing FPWS:6MS on the modded Sega Saturn I used to have back in the day, and from all accounts this game sounds like it's just as much fun.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Gonna be uploading some random sims with jobbers/shitters just to see the AI do its thing. I'm using the starter pack featured on the last page.

For example the 5 star match featuring Hardcore holly and D'lo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUdbTyVoKBE

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

FishBulb posted:

There is no grodypack. It is a lie. Find something else.

I couldn't find it for a while --- but I've done some digging and finally turned up this dusty old guy:

This was given to me at one of the last ROH Edison New Jersey shows.

Unreleased - but it definitely exists!

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 27, 2013

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

CM Punk survives versus The Rock, Austin, Cena, Bret Hart, HBK, Lesnar and Angle!
I hope enough people buy this to raise an eyebrow somewhere for a potential modern version. All it really needs is some cleaner menus, a few new moves and a robust online.
Robust meaning matchmaking and a Community portal that actually lets you download stuff.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 27, 2013

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

That's why I'm hoping this does strongly in sales.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah a fire pro with online functionality would be pretty much the last wrestling game we'd ever need.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

I couldn't find it for a while --- but I've done some digging and finally turned up this dusty old guy:

This was given to me at one of the last ROH Edison New Jersey shows.

Unreleased - but it definitely exists!

The Holy Grody Pack...:stare:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

KungFu Grip posted:

The Holy Grody Pack...:stare:

He just wrote that on there, its actually full of underage witch toucher game saves.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

FishBulb posted:

Yeah a fire pro with online functionality would be pretty much the last wrestling game we'd ever need.

Probably. The No Mercy engine kept getting better and better so I wonder how good the series would be if VPW continued in Japan. Fire Pro improved slightly each iteration and they both started with a solid engine.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I can understand why the AKI series didn't go further in the states because both WCW & WWF moved on. But why the hell was there never anymore VPW's anyways?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

FishBulb posted:

He just wrote that on there, its actually full of underage witch toucher game saves.

I don't write on stuff like this. Also not my handwriting!!!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

In my game I currently have Sin Cara as #1 contender to the WWE Championship after beating Daniel Bryan in a landmine deathmatch. This loving game...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

booked takayama vs undertaker, and it is legitimately one of the craziest back and forth matches i've seen a video game sim. wound up going to a 45:00 time limit when taker had him down after a last ride. fire pro forever.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

njsykora posted:

In my game I currently have Sin Cara as #1 contender to the WWE Championship after beating Daniel Bryan in a landmine deathmatch. This loving game...

Andre the Giant is a hungry young #1 contender in mine, he beat Zack Ryder in a barbed wire match to get the chance to fight WWE Champion Steve Austin.

This is the greatest wrestling game ever.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'll try to remember how I transferred my guys. Back up everything and don't blame me if you lose guys.
Take your main save in the base folder with the save icon, delete the file with the 1 at the end.
Take the save you want to merge, delete the file ending in 1, then rename the one ending in 0 so it ends in 1.
Copy this file back to your main save.
Make sure you have two memory cards created on your PS3.
Copy the file over.
Go in to the in game (Fire Pro) tools and load appropriately. The slot 1 card should be your main roster and the slot 2 card should have the guys you want to add.
I successfully added a few guys from the 2013 save to that starter pack.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Is there a modern joshi pack somewhere or is Fire Pro mostly dude-focused outside of the joshi legends?

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

This thread has certainly piqued my interest after learning that you can book crazy clusterfucks in addition to great technical duels. Is there a pack for the game that has 2013 WWE and NJPW rosters and as many other notable people throughout the years as possible?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Tonfa posted:

This thread has certainly piqued my interest after learning that you can book crazy clusterfucks in addition to great technical duels. Is there a pack for the game that has 2013 WWE and NJPW rosters and as many other notable people throughout the years as possible?

I'm using the 2012 pack that was posted back on page 2 and it has just about everyone I could want, though I'd like a few more joshi people. The only stuff of any note it's really missing is the more recent NXT guys.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
So tempting, but I paranoided myself into a corner over the T&Cs. I'm not a convincing liar.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

njsykora posted:

I'm using the 2012 pack that was posted back on page 2 and it has just about everyone I could want, though I'd like a few more joshi people. The only stuff of any note it's really missing is the more recent NXT guys.

:psyduck: I missed the link to the roster while reading the thread and that is a mindbendingly comprehensive list. BB Hulk, Starbuck, Johnny Curtis (in 2012!)...guess I need to buy the game, thanks.

Edit: 581 wrestlers? Where do I begin :unsmigghh:

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 27, 2013

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Antitonic posted:

So tempting, but I paranoided myself into a corner over the T&Cs. I'm not a convincing liar.

What's this in reference to? If you've talking about buying it outside of the US, I have a spare (legit) copy you can have for free. Send me a PM.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

I'd be down to make a sweet caw for a wrestlehut efed tourney.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Budget Dracula posted:

Where did rumbling for this start? Either way, I'd love to do it and could help try to coordinate/run matches (though I'd have to figure how to get my capture card working again).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is Kevin Steen on the pack people have been using?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Budget Dracula posted:

I would also be totally down with this happening immediately.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is Kevin Steen on the pack people have been using?

He's in the 2012 pack and the 2013 starter pack.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

njsykora posted:

I'm waiting for this guy to release his joshi save. :stare:

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
I'm starting to realize that one of my favorite things to do in FPR is get a striker/MMA guy and just KO the gently caress out of people. Mysterio jumping all over you? Punch him in the face. Angle wearing you down? Punch him in the face. Cena's overcoming the odds? Punch him in the face.

It's oddly satisfying...

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Needs More Jazz posted:

I'm starting to realize that one of my favorite things to do in FPR is get a striker/MMA guy and just KO the gently caress out of people. Mysterio jumping all over you? Punch him in the face. Angle wearing you down? Punch him in the face. Cena's overcoming the odds? Punch him in the face.

It's oddly satisfying...

Nothing like KOing Heath Slater with a right to the jaw. I'm really glad I picked FPR up, and now that I actually am getting the gameplay, I can win matches.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Anyone vs Big Van Vader is bound to produce hilarity.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

My latest project is The Shield beats up your heroes from yesterday and today.
Though I have to tweak some of the logic. Guys aren't going for enough pins.
F-5, pick guy up, back suplex. Brutal

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

John Cena posted:

booked takayama vs undertaker, and it is legitimately one of the craziest back and forth matches i've seen a video game sim. wound up going to a 45:00 time limit when taker had him down after a last ride. fire pro forever.

I've asked this before, but how the gently caress can people actually watch a simulated video game wrestling match? Especially one that goes 45 minutes? After a while, you're just watching canned animations again and again. Wouldn't you rather, you know, play the game?

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
I'm so sorry simosimo is having such a terrible time in Wrestling Revolution HD.

I just "accidentally" killed Tommy Dreamer at the end of a 6 man gauntlet elimination match. Whoops! And got a hefty bonus to my paycheck as well, apparently!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Timby posted:

I've asked this before, but how the gently caress can people actually watch a simulated video game wrestling match? Especially one that goes 45 minutes? After a while, you're just watching canned animations again and again. Wouldn't you rather, you know, play the game?

The Fire Pro ai is so unique that it ends up putting on pretty brutal and hilarious matches. I'll make up a match whil eim working on something else and it's usually a blast. I'll end up getting in to it a little bit.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Timby posted:

also 45 fire pro minutes is more like 10 irl mimutes

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Timby posted:

Watching simmed FPR vs simmed WWE '13 is like the difference between watching a movie and watching paint dry.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Timby posted:

Fire Pro feels more like watching an actual match. I watched Randy Orton RKO Cena 12 times, one of which Cena completely no-sold and got up from immediately. You can't make this poo poo up.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Timby posted:

I feel the same way about watching other people play video games but we got a whole forum about that poo poo around here so clearly I'm in the wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

FishBulb posted:

I feel the same way about watching other people play video games but we got a whole forum about that poo poo around here so clearly I'm in the wrong.

That's one phenomenon I'll never understand but here I am having fake wrestlemen fight each other on a game.

• Locked thread