Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I read the FAQ that was posted earlier, and I have a handle on most everything (in FPR, just to be clear) except finishers/signatures. Unless I'm super blind and missing it, I don't see how to perform finishers, nor how to tell if you have one available. Thanks for any help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Timby posted:

I've asked this before, but how the gently caress can people actually watch a simulated video game wrestling match? Especially one that goes 45 minutes? After a while, you're just watching canned animations again and again. Wouldn't you rather, you know, play the game?

I like it, but I don't think I could just cold watch them without having a podcast on in the background.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Quasipox posted:

I read the FAQ that was posted earlier, and I have a handle on most everything (in FPR, just to be clear) except finishers/signatures. Unless I'm super blind and missing it, I don't see how to perform finishers, nor how to tell if you have one available. Thanks for any help.

Finishers and Signatures are just moves that you can pull off normally. Some times a dudes finisher is a straight up strike or basic running move. If you had the ability to you can just fire off finisher after finisher, no meter or anything. I think most of the time if it is a grapple move finisher that its in the Square and X slot of front or back grapples.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Finishers and Signatures are just moves that you can pull off normally. Some times a dudes finisher is a straight up strike or basic running move. If you had the ability to you can just fire off finisher after finisher, no meter or anything. I think most of the time if it is a grapple move finisher that its in the Square and X slot of front or back grapples.

Thanks a lot. Just brainbustered a dude out of his boots thanks to that tip.

EDIT: This is a really minor thing, but man, I love the sounds in game. The mat impacts and little "oofs" out of the wrestlers makes it so much cooler for me. I've always felt like WWE could use better sound design in game, because often the moves feel weak as hell because they don't make the kind of sound I expect.

Quasipox fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 28, 2013

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The one starter save floating around has a lot of finishers as d+circle.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Any crazy/good Fire Pro matches on Youtube? Not having much luck.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
Bought Fire Pro Returns this morning. The first match I simulated was Goldberg vs Gillberg in which Gillberg managed to last 15 minutes and bloody Goldberg.

Salt In The Wound
Oct 25, 2005

Hand Jobber Extraordinare
I don't have a Playstation 3, I do however have a PS2, FPR, and that one recommended USB voodoo device that allowed for save files to be put onto memory cards and then wrestlers copied. Now I'm not too knowledgeable of this whole thing, but is there any reason why the 2013 starter pack or similar new files would not be compatible with the old way of going about this?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Kevin Nash is the new Vader. He's going on 7 defenses with WCW title. He's ended all but two of them with Jackknife criticals. The other two he's finished with Boston crabs. I've taken to calling this new alternate finisher "Nash's Crabs".

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Jefferoo posted:

Any crazy/good Fire Pro matches on Youtube? Not having much luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMvYjSDTmDo

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

I meant one with like, murder and landmines and fire and poo poo, but okay. Until I see otherwise I'm claiming MDickie supremacy.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I like how Hogan gets KO'd and then lies on the mat inert for the rest of the match. Then like ten minutes later someone casually rolls him over while they are doing something else and he just keeps laying there.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dishwasher posted:

Kevin Nash is the new Vader. He's going on 7 defenses with WCW title. He's ended all but two of them with Jackknife criticals. The other two he's finished with Boston crabs. I've taken to calling this new alternate finisher "Nash's Crabs".

Be right back, gotta rename some moves.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Dishwasher posted:

They shouldn't be called Criticals in his case, they should be announced as such:

"NASH OUT!"

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I can't wait for WWE '14 by 2K. Storymode has you (as Booker T) teaming with Rosa Mendes and ending a floating wrestling ring controlled by Kevin Nash.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Is there a trick to getting saves copied over to the ps3? I downloaded the DJKM pack to a usb key and copied it over the data for fire pro that was already on my ps3 but I dont see any changes.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Budget Dracula posted:

Is there a trick to getting saves copied over to the ps3? I downloaded the DJKM pack to a usb key and copied it over the data for fire pro that was already on my ps3 but I dont see any changes.

dumb question but did you unzip or w/e the .rar file? If so make sure you dragged and dropped the PS3 folder together onto the usb. Plug that sucker into the PS3 go to the PS2 save data under the games section, then go to your USB and copy that fire pro data. If you did all that already, then go in game and try loading from both "memory cards" 1 and 2 if you dont see any CAW/Edit additions on one of them.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

it worked but like someone else mentioned earlier i have no idea why, this was after copying and recopying, redownloading the data, trying memory cards, restarting etc...

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Buying WWE '13 tomorrow. Is the CAW stuff as amazing as I hear? Is the DLC worth it?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Jefferoo posted:

Buying WWE '13 tomorrow. Is the CAW stuff as amazing as I hear? Is the DLC worth it?

No, get fire pro wrestling returns :)

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

simosimo posted:

No, get fire pro wrestling returns :)

Or be a cool guy and get both like me.

I think WWE '13 is still a good buy (especially since it's pretty cheap now; I got mine during Black Friday for $25) and the Season Pass isn't ridiculous. I bought it mainly because I hate to take up slots if I can get them in game some other way and I just often prefer the dev made stuff (though obviously some models aren't great...Booker T...). I find myself now just alternating between them and I still have plenty of fun with both.

The season pass is also a special deal type thing, as you can only get DDP and Goldust if you buy the pass, or you can buy them piecemeal if you prefer and just get CAWs.

The servers have been pretty stable the last few times I tried them, and if I'm not mistaken, 2K are maintaining them for now. I was able to grab The Shield and a few arenas with not d/cs.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Quasipox posted:

The season pass is also a special deal type thing, as you can only get DDP and Goldust if you buy the pass, or you can buy them piecemeal if you prefer and just get CAWs.

The Season Pass is actually more worth it, because you can't download any custom content that uses DLC content unless you have the Season Pass. That most prominently figures into stories, but even if there's a kick-rear end CAW using a DLC logo or something, you're out of luck.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

If you're looking at buying WWE '13 on PS3, keep in mind that that fucker takes up literally more than 10GB of hard drive space for some ungodly reason. I had to delete a lot of poo poo just to play it.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

WWE 13 is solid as gently caress. It's probably the best 3D wrestling attempt since No Mercy or DoR2 (just don't say it too loud on the wrong forums). It has all the bells and whistles and community creations for arenas and CAWs almost makes up for the fact that other promotions don't have games out.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
The main problem I have with WWE 13, and modern WWE games in general, is that I just don't feel like I'm getting the right kind of challenge from it. I am not sure how to put it into words, but when I play a game of Fire Pro I feel like I'm working hard to win but it's not cheap about it. With WWE it's usually really easy, even on Legend.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Dishwasher posted:

WWE 13 is solid as gently caress. It's probably the best 3D wrestling attempt since No Mercy or DoR2 (just don't say it too loud on the wrong forums). It has all the bells and whistles and community creations for arenas and CAWs almost makes up for the fact that other promotions don't have games out.

The create mode is certaintly top notch but the engine still feels wonky.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

triplexpac posted:

The main problem I have with WWE 13, and modern WWE games in general, is that I just don't feel like I'm getting the right kind of challenge from it. I am not sure how to put it into words, but when I play a game of Fire Pro I feel like I'm working hard to win but it's not cheap about it. With WWE it's usually really easy, even on Legend.

Yea, that's my problem with it as well. Someone posted sliders in the last thread to try and make it more competitive and oddly enough, they said to put it on Hard because the AI won't ever really go for finishers on Legend. The sliders definitely helped, but I can still win about 90% of the time, unless I'm deliberately picking a weak character.

My dream game would be the gameplay (and CAW slots) of FPR with the graphical capabilities of WWE games, even if that could be improved a whole lot more.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I bought an N64 adapter for PC and have been playing No Mercy hacks but the community is really strange. People can't spell when they make new menus. And often, the move hacks seem to contradict each other
I really want a new No Mercy :smith: Fire Pro is great, but I don't know if the grapple system would translate to full 3-D.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

triplexpac posted:

A big factor is the reversal system. It needs to be fundamentally re-thought if the difficulty is ever going to evolve. Either make it calculated behind the scenes and performed automatically like FirePro, or have a user input that isn't 100% based on timing.

Strong grapples are unsafe, and they are equally unsafe whether you are locking up for the first time, or 25 minutes into a street fight with an opponent's body in the red and "momentum" supposedly on your side. If you get the timing right, nothing else matters. That's dumb.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Losing my loving mind with the Community Creations on WWE '13 for 360. Already downloaded 50 wrestlers, downloading a bunch of arenas, losing my loving mind. Good god, it's like a loving wrestling historical archive of nonsense.

Gonna make Emma fight Sara Del Rey for the ECW Hardcore Title in the NJPW Wrestle Kingdom arena. I think.

e: Doing a 40-man Royal Rumble with all the CAWs I downloaded. Paul Heyman just eliminated Brock Lesnar and is now trying to pick a fight with CM Punk '13, who is in the middle of trying to eliminate JBL. This is magical.

e2: Entrant #37, Brad Maddox, won the Royal Rumble after narrowly defeating Entrants #34, Macho Man Randy Savage and #40, Dean Ambrose. This is the best $60 I have ever, ever loving spent.

e3: Just searched "Joshi," have found the mecca.

e4: Started a new Universe, first match Colt Cabana is debuting on RAW. Truly a dreamworld.

Jefferoo fucked around with this message at 14:01 on May 1, 2013

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Thinking about it now, I have never once seen one of the "branching path" Attitude era cutscenes they supposedly inserted into Universe mode.

Granted, I haven't played a ton of it, but I have played enough to where you'd think I'd see at least one. You would think that this would be something THQ wanted to show off to the player, not have it buried and rarely appear.

I have it turned on in the options and lots of Attitude guys on my active rosters, not sure what the deal is.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Something I read said they only work if your show is just Attitude Era guys but I can't find it now. I also wasn't able to find any Youtube clips of them when I looked a few months ago.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

Something I read said they only work if your show is just Attitude Era guys but I can't find it now. I also wasn't able to find any Youtube clips of them when I looked a few months ago.

I actually just got my first branching storyline the other day, and it was between Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, and Raven.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

NienNunb posted:

I actually just got my first branching storyline the other day, and it was between Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, and Raven.

Well what the hell, I don't know what you need to do besides be lucky to see these.

Universe mode is a constant source of frustration for me. It's so close to being what I want, but the execution just drops the ball. I hope 2K can work some magic on this stuff, probably not for 14 but maybe WWE 15.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

triplexpac posted:

Thinking about it now, I have never once seen one of the "branching path" Attitude era cutscenes they supposedly inserted into Universe mode.

Granted, I haven't played a ton of it, but I have played enough to where you'd think I'd see at least one. You would think that this would be something THQ wanted to show off to the player, not have it buried and rarely appear.

I have it turned on in the options and lots of Attitude guys on my active rosters, not sure what the deal is.

Had Bret Hart lose a squash to the Ultimate Warrior after losing the previous night to The Rock for the title. So much for rebuilding himself. But then the option comes up for Hart to either shake his hand or throw a bitch fit and hit him. Hart hit him and turned heel. Really cool.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I'm sure the reason alot of us haven't seen the branching storylines is because we just randomly sim until we see a random match we want to play. Plus whatever feuds I want to play I usually create the matches week in and out, so if you create your own matches in Universe, you don't get any of the cut scenes.

Does anyone have the glitch where when wrestlers show up on the stage to interfer in a match with a chair, they have tiny little T Rex arms in the animation?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I believe that the game is just bugged to hell and branching storylines don't happen nearly as often as they should

and even when they do they end at PPV no matter what. Stupid.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I've only had branching storylines on my modern WWE show and the two times it happened I couldn't pick what option I wanted since I just had an empty black box with the wresler's face on the side without any visible choices.

One of them resulted in Rey turning heel, which was actually kinda cool since it led to him winning the title at the next PPV before dropping the belt to Rumble winner El Generico at WrestleMania.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I definitely think it has to do with how many matches you play that are already set. I had a Remarkable Match between US Champ Bret Hart and Smackdown Champ (created title) Taker and it allowed me to shake Taker's hand or hit him. I've only gotten one more since then, so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Also to actually use those attitude era stuff in universe mode you got to actually beat attitude era mode and the matches after it to unlock them. You dont get them with the instant unlock download.

• Locked thread