Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Quasipox posted:

I'm assuming there's no way to get a trial version of FPR since it's a PS2 Classic, right?

Its only 10 dollars, so even if you have only a slight interest just put down the cash. At the very least, you can run an exploding cage match and blow up your least favorite wrestlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I'm sure the reason alot of us haven't seen the branching storylines is because we just randomly sim until we see a random match we want to play. Plus whatever feuds I want to play I usually create the matches week in and out, so if you create your own matches in Universe, you don't get any of the cut scenes.

Does anyone have the glitch where when wrestlers show up on the stage to interfer in a match with a chair, they have tiny little T Rex arms in the animation?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

SiKboy posted:

My problem with it was in the execution. It IS unrealistic to have Rey powerbombing the big show. But unless you have memorised the grapples for all the cruiser wrestlers you would spend half the match either failing to execute a move or simply spamming the move that you knew worked. From memory I think there was one wrestler who only had maybe 3-4 grapples that worked on a heavyweight. What the game SHOULD have done is assigned alt-moves which would be performed if your wrestler couldnt lift his opponent. So rather than 5 of reys moves leading to him trying to lift the big show and failing, if he tried those moves against the big show they were replaced with a leg lariat, a headscissors takedown, or whatever. Immersion preserved without making cruiserweights irritating as hell to play as in most matches.

Thats pretty much what they did in WWE 13. You didn't get as many move options if there was a weight difference, but at least you weren't stuck doing no-lift animations.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I've mainly been going through the Wrestlemania mode and customizing some movesets (I want to unlock more wrestlers before jumping into Universe), but I have been enjoying the game alot this year. The improvements to the AI may be a lot of smaller improvements, but they make CPU matches alot more enjoyable and competitive. I like how the computer goes for their finisher if they reverse yours immediately a good 75% of the time. I also think the revamped reversal animations add alot to the flow of matches. I have only been playing on Hard, but have had a few matches were I lost a close match. I will be excited to turn it up to Legendary to make matches more even as I learn the flow of the system more.

I don't think it was in last year, but one of the reversal animations for the Tombstone is the flip and the other wrestler performing the tombstone on you. I got pretty excited when Kane pulled this reversal out for the WM14 match I was playing between the two.

Its nice to see the past few WWE games building upon the last one instead of trying to redo everything. I'm excited to delve into the CAW when I get off work tonight and try my hand at making a Hector Garza.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I think the most likely scenario is that Punk is out, but they leave in all of his moves and leave his various body parts so you can easily make him in Create-a-Wrestler. Sort of like what happened with Roddy Piper in WWE2K14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Did something happen so Foley isn't going to be in the games anymore?

I think he posted on twitter about being upset with his most recent royalty checks from the games.

• Locked thread