Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Looking forward to this. I haven't booted up my PS3 since the CM Punk Blu Ray came out, finally a reason to blow the dust off that thing.

I have the game for PS2, but I had to use that stupid bootleg loader disc thing to copy poo poo onto my memory card. I got sick of that real quick, so glad that this will be easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

abraxas posted:

I bought WWE '13 for my 360 yesterday for half price on the on demand service and it's a bunch of fun but kinda hard? I might also just be terrible. It only comes with an online manual that I haven't downloaded yet and the in-game help only explains the very basics. Basically I'm just mashing a lot of buttons hoping to get through things. Could anyone give me some like, basic tips? I started Attitude Era mode and got through a bunch of matches fine (gently caress slamming people through tables btw) but the Universe mode seems kind of overwhelming.

Do I just go through it the way it sets it up for me mostly and have fun with it? Do I change a bunch of things? Do I change EVERYTHING? Do I simulate matches I don't wanna play myself or is that generally a bad idea? I feel kind of lost in a horrible newbie kind of way but drat, there's loads of stuff to change and choose from and I feel completely overwhelmed when I look at it all. I just want to make some men punch some other men for the most part, but I'm definitely super curious about all the options it's offering me. Also do I need Gold to download anything community created or is just being online enough? I'm a cheap mofo with no friends so I only have silver :v:

Well, read the online manual so you can know what each button does. It's not too hard, there's strike, grapple and reverse, those will be mostly what you'll use.

Universe Mode is just a mode where you can build your own shows and the CPU auto suggests matches. You can do as much or as little as you want. You can make entire new shows & rosters with only your created guys, or you can leave everything the way WWE has it right now. You can always reset it if you like, there's no real way to "break" it.

I generally just Sim through until I see a match I wanna play.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Yeah the only way to really know what you're doing with each guy is to edit them and check out what moves they have assigned. I just find a move that I know puts a guy through a table and stick with that.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Sometimes I forget how non-intuitive the WWE games can be if you haven't played every single one leading up to it. I tried to get my girlfriend to play a match with me once, and the controls were baffling to her.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I wouldn't know for sure obviously, but I assume this is basically them just throwing a disc image up of the PS2 game. I can't imagine they would change anything, if they did have to it probably wouldn't be cost effective to bother releasing it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I have just over $10 left in my PSN account.

It's a sign

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Been a while since I've heard the sweet FPR menu music haha. Hope some saves get put up soon, apparently people are working on a converter that should make it easier

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Jefferoo posted:

So for Fire Pro is there anything like a career/universe mode similar to Wrestling Revolution? Any sorta craziness to it?

No career mode as far as I know. It has it's own type of craziness, like being able to put The Undertaker in a UFC match.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

harperdc posted:

oh my god I'm Real Bad at Fire Pro. can't connect with attacks, can't connect with a grapple, can't beat jobbers using top guys. It's really fun but oh lord do I need to do some reading on how to do things right.

Once you get the rhythm right it's not so bad.

I don't bother with strikes very often. When you start the grapple animation, you want to hit your button just as they touch.

I think if you hit Square it's a light grapple move, X is medium and O is strong. Obviously stick with Square for a while before you work your way up to O.

Square + X is your finisher I think?

But yeah Fire Pro has it's own rhythm to it, once you get it you can play pretty much any of the games in the series. It's definitely not a button mashing game, except for kicking out of pins.

Edit: Or yeah, read the FAQ as said above.

I can't get over just how much better this game feels than SD vs Raw, at least as a "sim". I've been watching NJPW, and this game does a pretty good job of recreating that feel. By the end of the match we're trading huge moves, kicking out at 2.9, trading reversals, and sometimes the CPU will beat me but I don't feel pissed off about it.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 24, 2013

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

projecthalaxy posted:

If I've never played a Fire Pro game and don't really watch Puro would this be a good buy? I would probably just get one of the save packs and do WWE matches. Basically am I going to be super lost? I remember hearing you actually have to wrestle matches based on Puro-style psychology or the game penalizes you.

That was just one mode on the GBA game, I think. You don't have to wrestle Puro style on this.

Really, you could just try a ROM of one of the SNES games. The gameplay isn't drastically different from that, and you can see if you like it.

If you want to stack tables and fly off ladders, this isn't the game for you. But if you like playing a wrestling game where it feels like a challenge to beat the CPU and the matches build in a realistic way, then you might like it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
So is it possible for someone to upload PS3 Fire Pro saves? Or do we all have to do this PS2 conversion thing ourselves.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Jack Krauser posted:

Some are converting them and making new ones I suppose. You could just wait and someone will have them all converted eventually.

Okay, sweet. I was just making sure there wasn't some weird thing where PS3s signed their saves or something, where your saves would only work on your machine.

In that case you'd wonder why you would be able to import saves off a USB stick at all, I guess.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Wow. That save would be perfect if it had some NJPW in there. Unless it's there and I'm just not seeing it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Jack Krauser posted:

I don't know, I think that pack is more of an old school type pack. It doesn't even have CM Punk.

But it has Ryback?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Snacksmaniac posted:

Why does 500 CAW slots seem like two few? I probably can't name 500 American wrestlers.

This made me think, has anyone made a PWI top 500 save ever? That could be fun.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Jack Krauser posted:

:siren: The DJKM Starter Pack has been converted :siren:

This is what's in it: http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26684

In short, it's got a ton of dudes from just about every era of wrestling you'd want. WCW, ECW, 80s and 90s WWF, Attitude WWF, WWE, TNA, 80s NWA, Mexico, Japan, ROH, AWA, WCCW, DGUSA, Indies, and more legends.

http://xfla.me/firepro/saves/djkm77/Starter-Pack/20130415/PS2-Classic/20130415_DJKM-Starter-Pack_(VME).zip

This is awesome.

So... how do you transfer this? I load the PS3 directory onto my USB stick, and I can see it in the PS2 Save Manager. I copy that over, but I have no idea how to get it onto a virtual memory card.

Edit: well it's suddenly working, guess it's a miracle

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 25, 2013

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I was playing Punk vs Cena. I hit Cena with like 4 GTS's, he kicked out, then suddenly hit me with an X-Factor, STFU and tapped me out.

Sounds pretty realistic actually, if only it was the FU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
It's funny, a save of 500 guys including some of the greatest legends of all time and I run my first match as Mortis vs Glacier.

Edit: Was a pretty great match though. Hit Glacier with a few Flatliners, he wouldn't stay down. Finally he went for the Cryonic Kick, I think I dodged it, then I hit HIM with a Cryonic Kick for the win.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 25, 2013

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Snacksmaniac posted:

I haven't played the MMA mode in these games. Is it with pitching to a big MMA fan?

I wouldn't say it's worth it to buy just for the MMA mode. It's fun, but since we all know about ground game now it's not really deep in that respect. You're not going to transition from guard to mount and tap someone out.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Did a pretty fun 8-man tag, Team Hell No + Miz + R-Truth vs Rhodes Scholars + Wade Barrett + Cesaro

Cesaro has a great moveset, but Wade's was a bit lacking. Unless I was hitting the wrong buttons, I don't think Wade has Wasteland or his new Bull Hammer move. Are they in the game?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
The main problem I have with WWE 13, and modern WWE games in general, is that I just don't feel like I'm getting the right kind of challenge from it. I am not sure how to put it into words, but when I play a game of Fire Pro I feel like I'm working hard to win but it's not cheap about it. With WWE it's usually really easy, even on Legend.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Thinking about it now, I have never once seen one of the "branching path" Attitude era cutscenes they supposedly inserted into Universe mode.

Granted, I haven't played a ton of it, but I have played enough to where you'd think I'd see at least one. You would think that this would be something THQ wanted to show off to the player, not have it buried and rarely appear.

I have it turned on in the options and lots of Attitude guys on my active rosters, not sure what the deal is.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

NienNunb posted:

I actually just got my first branching storyline the other day, and it was between Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, and Raven.

Well what the hell, I don't know what you need to do besides be lucky to see these.

Universe mode is a constant source of frustration for me. It's so close to being what I want, but the execution just drops the ball. I hope 2K can work some magic on this stuff, probably not for 14 but maybe WWE 15.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

projecthalaxy posted:

Raw 2 for Xbox did have the independent multiplayer story mode where two people each could make their own decisions, get their own angles, and either affect each other's or not. That was a cool idea, at least.

It featured the best wrestling game cutscene, ATTEMPT TO DROP BOX ON DUDE

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Are there any awesome Japanese wrestling games that I can emulate on a PC? Just curious what's out there that I've missed, there was one posted here recently that had amazing animation.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

John Cena posted:

Probably at E3, with more stuff at Summerslam Axxess.

I hope they get King out there again to awkwardly talk about video games, a topic he obviously cares so much about

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
MITB ladder matches were always hilarious, it was impossible to actually get anything done

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Frig yeah, multi-camera angles!!

Edit: I hope Career Mode has Triple H squashing the rookie again. That was the best.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 7, 2013

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Scirocco Griffon posted:

I just wish that there was a decent TEW-style game available for iPad. I have the darn thing within arm's reach most of the time anyway, so being able to book a couple matches when I have a free minute and then run the show later in the day would be a lot more appealing than spending an hour at a time setting everything up while stuck sitting at my computer.

That's been my dream from the moment I picked up an iPhone

Too bad it'll never happen, of it it does it'll be some IAP filled monster

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
edit: drat it wrong thread

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 10, 2013

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Is there going to be anything for the 2K WWE game at e3? I know they usually do their big reveal at Summerslam

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I wonder if 2K will give WWE 2K15 a try on PC? They do their NBA series on there, and they did MLB up until 2K12.

It's doubtful, but wow I would love that. I am really not interested in next gen systems, but I will miss WWE games even though they are kinda lovely.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I noticed I have a bunch of you fellas on my Steam friends list. Anyone want an invite to the Trading Card Beta? I have one left. If you have participating games, it's free money.

I got $8 from it so far for doing nothing, it's hilarious.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Well, not to go off on a huge tangent...

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/

Basically you play participating games (they should be in that link) and it gives you up to 3 "trading cards" after random amounts of time.

You can sell the cards on the Steam marketplace, generally common cards go for 30-50 cents and rare foil cards can go up to $10-$15

It's the dumbest thing, but I figured I would share the wealth while this gold rush is going on.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Snacksmaniac posted:

I am morbidly curious about that. I can't quite wrap my head around it, but I guess people are spending money on it.

I've literally sold every card I put up for sale within 5 minutes of posting it.

It's nowhere near as bad as TF2 Hats though, I recently learned about those and it blew my mind.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

KungFu Grip posted:

Yea sure if you got the beta pass hit me up on steam.

Alrighty, sent. If you get a foil, give it to me :colbert:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I only had the one invite, sorry. And I don't want to necessarily turn this thread into Steam chat, I just thought my invite should go to someone from this forum since this is where I spend all my time :unsmith:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
That's actually pretty cool, I'm going to try entering.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Bah, it's only open to Americans!

There goes my dream of Jerry Lawler on the cover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

coconono posted:

I played UFC3 yesterday and discovered the dickish joy of wrestlefucking the AI for 3 rounds. You can go 30-27 just by going guard->side control->north/south over and over again.

I used to love playing UFC online when it was a new game and people didn't have it all figured out yet. Everyone just wanted to stand and bang, I could take down & submit fools with ease.

• Locked thread