Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Bought WWE 13 from Amazon a few weeks ago, finally went to activate my online, code doesn't loving work.

Do I have to talk to 2K about this, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

njsykora posted:

Those codes can expire. Yes really. Welcome to Gaming 2013. But yeah I don't know who you'd talk to about that now THQ is done but 2K seems like a start.

I'm sorry. What? They can loving expire? :psyduck:

This is why I play loving PC games.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

If you're looking at buying WWE '13 on PS3, keep in mind that that fucker takes up literally more than 10GB of hard drive space for some ungodly reason. I had to delete a lot of poo poo just to play it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I believe that the game is just bugged to hell and branching storylines don't happen nearly as often as they should

and even when they do they end at PPV no matter what. Stupid.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C33uqp98n8
(mute this poo poo)

Not sure if THQ had even started on 14 when they went under. Looks like the same loving game.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

John Cena posted:

Daniel Bryan is going to be on the special variant cover for WWE 2k14.

Story here

Welp, I'm sold. Gonna hop on Amazon and pre-order the sucker right now

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Hahaha Ric Flair is seriously insane.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

"You can make matches in this game" - Jim Ross

"Flair just said hashtag summerslam" - Jim Ross

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I hope they've fixed how loving slow all the CAW menus were. Waiting like 5-6 seconds for each individual loving clothing item to load is horrendous.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Davros1 posted:

http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/news/single/antonio-cesaro-joins-the-wwe-2k14-roster

It says Antonio . . . but I've never seen this guy's face before.

The first shot is awful but I think the second one is relatively Cesaro-looking

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

astrollinthepork posted:

They're nice to have with huge open world RPGs

Tell that to the garbage FFIX strategy guide that just told me to go online every page <:mad:>

vvvv I was 11 years old and the $20 I dropped on that loving guide was a lot of money at the time!

Sockser fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 30, 2013

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Man I want to be a big sourpuss because I know I'm going to get bored after a week.

But I also think it looks really cool and I want to play the hell out of it right now.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Finally cleared up hard drive space and installed WWE 2K14. Promptly went into CAW and made myself. Kinda disappointed with some of the create-an-entrance stuff. I really like the entrance I was using in '13 (It was the Ambrose entrance, I think)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea0zyQPVSFM
(11:03)

So that's a bummer. And since all of the actual CAW stuff is the same you should really be able to import from WWE'13, but I guess I can't expect everything.

Load times are better but still garbage. Game is still pretty fun.

Got bored quick, decided I needed a manager, made a CAW of my cat, I am a lonely man, ***/*****

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

I'm straight gone from WWE video games until they burn everything to the ground and get something loving new. They're still running off fundamentally the same engine that they were using on the PS2, and it shows.

This is five minutes of NBA2k14. The NBA 2k series in the gold standard when it comes to presentation. Look at it. Listen to the commentary. The commentary, in particular, is amazing. They chatter through the entire game, remarking on what happened the previous day (in real life!), the last time these teams played, noticing storylines for the game as they develop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWWD6aET3V8

This is 40 minutes of WWE2k14, so we're going to skip to 6:00 in and not watch it all. Watch through 8:30, then skip ahead to 10:00 and watch through 11:00.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDRTEiAVJEg&t=360s

The difference is staggering, isn't it? Dead air. No emotion. Everything's disconnected. It sounds like what it is -- a computer selecting sound clips it knows to play when it sees certain moves. I especially love at 10:52, when the audio suddenly gets extremely tinny and Cole sounds 10 years younger. They're reusing audio without even taking the minimal effort to remaster it.

They ought to be goddamn ashamed. 2K knows better.

Even the small things like the crowd chanting DE-FENSE etc in the other 2k games. Imagine a WWE game with proper "DAN-IEL BRY-AN clap clap clap-clap-clap" chants when you're playing as Bryan and you're losing, or a "YOU hosed UP" when you completely miss a dropkick from the top rope or an "E C DUB" when you grab a chair from under the ring. Instead all you get is the same dumb crowd pop when you do any loving move.

and, y'know, the fact that the WWE games look like loving garbage

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cJeHycU8do

I've never actually watched video of TNA Impact. Maybe I'll pick up a used copy and see how it plays, 'cause it looks pretty good.

Sockser fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 24, 2014

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Daniel Bryan posted:

A new TNA mobile game is coming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poxiCDFE6HA

It looks terrible.

It's a mobile game, so at least it has an excuse, unlike Yukes' garbage.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sef! posted:

Welp. Sting's inclusion means they pretty much have to be doing a Monday Night Wars mode this year, right? They've got all the of the necessary players under contract, don't they?

That's going to be really weird without Foley.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Did something happen so Foley isn't going to be in the games anymore?

His royalty checks were poo poo and, this is either him spinning it or him being a good guy, I'm not really sure, he said he'd rather his paltry check get split up between other people, so he didn't renew his Legends contract at all.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sef! posted:

Wow. Did not hear about that. That puts a pretty big dent in a possible Monday Night Wars mode, for sure. I mean, not only was Foley instrumental on the WWF side of things, but his back-and-forth with Sting in WCW was one of the more notable feuds in the company, pre-NWO.

quote:

To deal..or not to deal - that is the question. As some of you may have heard, at this point, I am opting not to sign my Legends Marketing Deal, which gives #WWE the right to market my likeness on video games and action figures. I'll be writing in more detail about this in the next week or so, but it would be fair to say that, despite strong sales, I have found the payoffs for the past two video games to be extremely weak - in the 25% range of what most talent was expecting. Last year, the explanation had something to do with the video game company going bankrupt - a real shame for me, since I was heavily featured as three characters from the "Attitude" era, complete with voice work. I haven't heard this year's explanation yet, but, personally. I think the #WWE just wants to see if the talent will accept a far lower percentage than had previously been given. If so, it would proably be a good business move for #WWE, since very few current wrestlers are going to jeapordize their standing with the company by offering resistance - and most legends will probably come to feel like anything they get from merchandise is better than nothing. As for me: until I hear a valid reason, I'm opting out.

As some of you may have heard, at this point, I am opting not to sign my Legends marketing deal, as I have been very dissapointed with the payoffs on the past two videogames. For many years, being included in the #WWE videogame felt like being Charlie finding the golden ticket - but unfortunately, that just is not the case anymore. I have simply grown tired of being continually dissapointed, and in the future, will do my best to avoid situations where further dissapointment is the likely outcome.

However, last month he dropped a counteroffer. If WWE puts out a Santa Claus Mick Foley action figure and lets him join the Exotic Express he'll sign the contract so uhhhhhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vS8RTsvI0A

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

I'm not sure what amount of work Mick put into the game. Did he go into a booth and record sounds? Mo-cap?

He may have re-recorded this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2ohpJkHp-U

But I think they just reused the original audio and he was just getting royalties for his voice on top of his likeness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Minidust posted:

I don't know what you guys are talking about, we already got an HD Fire Pro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi0AhDJ1cXs

:smith:

That looks really bad, but it still looks like a lot more fun than playing WWE 14.

• Locked thread