Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Budget Dracula posted:

How do you trade PS2 Classic saves? I love playing FPWR but never used anything besides the default roster because it was too time consuming to make a CAW or download them.

Looks like..

John Cena posted:

download a save file from the internet, put it on a flash drive, put flash drive in your ps3, copy over. No weird programs or knick-knacks or file-fuckery needed other than a flash drive.

When does the store update in the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm going to buy this and then really want a new one with net play.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

simosimo posted:

http://youtu.be/h8NcVCJGghE

I did a rambling sit down video of this game a few months back. If you want a long winded explanation of the game , be my guest and watch the vid :)

I want that save so bad :[

Edit: Thank you :tipshat:

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 23, 2013

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Ill pick you up one if you wanna buy it off me.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I've failed miserably as target was out of $20 cards. Can anyone else help?

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 23, 2013

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Sometimes a 30 gig line isn't fast enough.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Mine worked fine now I'm anxious for simo to get it so I can steal his save.
Edit: I didn't edit much in this version (played SNES/PSX/Dreamcast versions a lot) and holy hell it's complicated to start a new guy. But now I'm rolling.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 24, 2013

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I started doing that with a download PS3 save but :effort:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Jack Krauser posted:

Well, that didn't take long.

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/36432309/file.html

This is the most recent version of desertpunk's Real World 2012 save (list of what's included here), converted to work with FPR on the PS3. Just extract the folder in the rar to the root of your USB device, then plug it into your PS3, and navigate to Game > Save Data Utility (PS2) and copy the save from the USB to your system.

Going to buy the game now.

This worked no problem. Hoping someone converts the 2013 save soon though so I can have Fan Dan Go.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The Eddie Guerrero chair cheat is the best move in this game.
I also enjoy the random humanly impossible moves as well, like the super Kinku Buster.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Anyone have any luck converting a PS3 download from Fire Pro Club to the new format? That tutorial is giving me crazy dll errors.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Dishwasher posted:

I followed the instructions at the thread at http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1965&start=50 and was able to import .max saves like the files on gamefaqs. I have that 2012 save and a nice late-old school one with some wwe, tna, and 2000s puro. The directions are much simpler to follow than the one I posted earlier and it is (slightly) less troublesome to convert the files as it was on the ps2. If you get DLL errors, just google and download it and unzip it to that directory.

Just witnessed a 30 minute war of attrition between Kurt Angle and AJ Styles and its crazy how much better this is than WWE 13 at the actual wrestling bit. If only it had online play, but that could require something like GGPO with this game's emphasis on timing. PS4 sequel?

The site is also pretty active since fireproclub appears to be a ghost town except for its treasure trove of soon to be converted to PSN roster files.

Thanks I'll check this out when I get home. I'd love to try that old school save.
I wonder what the motivation for rereleasing it though. They've said the series is done for a few times now. Are they testing the waters?
Anyone have luck with using two virtual cards? Memory card 1 and 2?

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 24, 2013

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Jack Krauser posted:

:siren: The DJKM Starter Pack has been converted :siren:

This is what's in it: http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26684

In short, it's got a ton of dudes from just about every era of wrestling you'd want. WCW, ECW, 80s and 90s WWF, Attitude WWF, WWE, TNA, 80s NWA, Mexico, Japan, ROH, AWA, WCCW, DGUSA, Indies, and more legends.

http://xfla.me/firepro/saves/djkm77/Starter-Pack/20130415/PS2-Classic/20130415_DJKM-Starter-Pack_(VME).zip

This is awesome.

No Fandango but it has Norman Smiley so 4/5 stars. This is a really nice pack with a lot of Monday Night Wars guys in all seriousness.

Another memory card question: with two cards can I have another 500 wrestlers or do I have to play the transfer game?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Why does 500 CAW slots seem like two few? I probably can't name 500 American wrestlers.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

simosimo posted:

I tried cena v cena and the ps3 froze hard. :(

Couldn't calculate the odds.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

There are never DRM problems with PC games!

I haven't played the MMA mode in these games. Is it with pitching to a big MMA fan?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I wonder if that was on his notes.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Isn't Returns pretty much Z, gameplay/features/engine wise?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Blitzkrieg cannot even touch Super Cena. :(
I'm really rusty at this game. I'm going to just get out my paper manual and have it handy because it's really hard to read the in game one.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I keep doing 8 man dream matches and I wish it gave a better tale of the tape. I wanna know the impact move before the leg hook pin.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

This sounds like a blast. Wish it was easy to get a broadcast "team" together.
Norman Smiley vs Fandango vs Disco Inferno.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

There's like a forward rolling fireman carry but it's more like Kennedy's. I'm not sure what his other move is.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Just make your second save the one with 1 at the end I didn't have a problem. I think the converter just uses both for redundancy.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I guarantee I got it to work I'll do a step by step when I get to a PC.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

CM Punk survives versus The Rock, Austin, Cena, Bret Hart, HBK, Lesnar and Angle!
I hope enough people buy this to raise an eyebrow somewhere for a potential modern version. All it really needs is some cleaner menus, a few new moves and a robust online.
Robust meaning matchmaking and a Community portal that actually lets you download stuff.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 27, 2013

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

FishBulb posted:

Yeah a fire pro with online functionality would be pretty much the last wrestling game we'd ever need.

Probably. The No Mercy engine kept getting better and better so I wonder how good the series would be if VPW continued in Japan. Fire Pro improved slightly each iteration and they both started with a solid engine.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'll try to remember how I transferred my guys. Back up everything and don't blame me if you lose guys.
Take your main save in the base folder with the save icon, delete the file with the 1 at the end.
Take the save you want to merge, delete the file ending in 1, then rename the one ending in 0 so it ends in 1.
Copy this file back to your main save.
Make sure you have two memory cards created on your PS3.
Copy the file over.
Go in to the in game (Fire Pro) tools and load appropriately. The slot 1 card should be your main roster and the slot 2 card should have the guys you want to add.
I successfully added a few guys from the 2013 save to that starter pack.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Budget Dracula posted:

I'd be down to make a sweet caw for a wrestlehut efed tourney.

Where did rumbling for this start? Either way, I'd love to do it and could help try to coordinate/run matches (though I'd have to figure how to get my capture card working again).

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

My latest project is The Shield beats up your heroes from yesterday and today.
Though I have to tweak some of the logic. Guys aren't going for enough pins.
F-5, pick guy up, back suplex. Brutal

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Timby posted:

I've asked this before, but how the gently caress can people actually watch a simulated video game wrestling match? Especially one that goes 45 minutes? After a while, you're just watching canned animations again and again. Wouldn't you rather, you know, play the game?

The Fire Pro ai is so unique that it ends up putting on pretty brutal and hilarious matches. I'll make up a match whil eim working on something else and it's usually a blast. I'll end up getting in to it a little bit.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

FishBulb posted:

I feel the same way about watching other people play video games but we got a whole forum about that poo poo around here so clearly I'm in the wrong.

That's one phenomenon I'll never understand but here I am having fake wrestlemen fight each other on a game.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The one starter save floating around has a lot of finishers as d+circle.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Dishwasher posted:

WWE 13 is solid as gently caress. It's probably the best 3D wrestling attempt since No Mercy or DoR2 (just don't say it too loud on the wrong forums). It has all the bells and whistles and community creations for arenas and CAWs almost makes up for the fact that other promotions don't have games out.

The create mode is certaintly top notch but the engine still feels wonky.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I bought an N64 adapter for PC and have been playing No Mercy hacks but the community is really strange. People can't spell when they make new menus. And often, the move hacks seem to contradict each other
I really want a new No Mercy :smith: Fire Pro is great, but I don't know if the grapple system would translate to full 3-D.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Something I read said they only work if your show is just Attitude Era guys but I can't find it now. I also wasn't able to find any Youtube clips of them when I looked a few months ago.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I have KoC Green and KoC II. It's cool and I appreciate a lot of the grappling engine, but the language barrier is too tough. The fairly easy multi and customization modes made No Mercy for me.
Time to download another bad No Mercy mod and sigh in disappointment.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Nut Bunnies posted:

I think Revenge is actually better than WM2000, which has much uglier menus & a huge difficulty curve.

Revenge has a really good roster too.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Tato posted:

I love most things about Revenge except for that poo poo combo system with striking attacks. I'm glad they thought better of that one and removed it from future games.

Did they cut the test of strength from WM2000?

I had forgotten all about the combo system but I guess I didn't mind it. Probably should have fleshed it out rather than cut it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

That Ultimate Muscle game was pretty hilarious.
I also do enjoy the first two Def Jam games a lot. However the second needed a throwback mode with just a wrestling ring or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The second one has a pretty solid story mode. The sheer drop off in quality in Icon is so bad, though the exploding stages are hilarious.

• Locked thread