Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
All I'd want is a save that adds dudes, but doesn't gently caress with the default roster except maybe image updates. Like its pretty cool how many of these dudes I know now that I've gotten more into NJPW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jefferoo posted:

So for Fire Pro is there anything like a career/universe mode similar to Wrestling Revolution? Any sorta craziness to it?

No story mode. There is a show booking thing that has weird things happen depending on how you book certain shows and promotions.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Has there been any word on what is happening to the WWE game license now that THQ is kaput?

Uh...2K Games bought it and WWE 14 was already in production by the time they were bought out so its going to be THQ style with maybe some tweaks by 2K Games.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Did a pretty fun 8-man tag, Team Hell No + Miz + R-Truth vs Rhodes Scholars + Wade Barrett + Cesaro

Cesaro has a great moveset, but Wade's was a bit lacking. Unless I was hitting the wrong buttons, I don't think Wade has Wasteland or his new Bull Hammer move. Are they in the game?

Wasteland may not be, but there are Rolling elbows and running Elbow strikes because, well Misawa's moves, so he probably has that.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
That most recent save posted makes me want to do a tournament with all the lovely gimmicks and stuff on there. Also what is a good AI level for good matches?

edit: wow that pack is not that good for japanese wrestlers. No Kota, No Okada, No Omega, No Karl Anderson. A ton of repeat characters though. The guy barely tied to update some peoples outfits, like Nakamura is wrong and Iizuka isnt a bald rear end in a top hat.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 26, 2013

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

I couldn't find it for a while --- but I've done some digging and finally turned up this dusty old guy:

This was given to me at one of the last ROH Edison New Jersey shows.

Unreleased - but it definitely exists!

The Holy Grody Pack...:stare:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Quasipox posted:

I read the FAQ that was posted earlier, and I have a handle on most everything (in FPR, just to be clear) except finishers/signatures. Unless I'm super blind and missing it, I don't see how to perform finishers, nor how to tell if you have one available. Thanks for any help.

Finishers and Signatures are just moves that you can pull off normally. Some times a dudes finisher is a straight up strike or basic running move. If you had the ability to you can just fire off finisher after finisher, no meter or anything. I think most of the time if it is a grapple move finisher that its in the Square and X slot of front or back grapples.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Budget Dracula posted:

Is there a trick to getting saves copied over to the ps3? I downloaded the DJKM pack to a usb key and copied it over the data for fire pro that was already on my ps3 but I dont see any changes.

dumb question but did you unzip or w/e the .rar file? If so make sure you dragged and dropped the PS3 folder together onto the usb. Plug that sucker into the PS3 go to the PS2 save data under the games section, then go to your USB and copy that fire pro data. If you did all that already, then go in game and try loading from both "memory cards" 1 and 2 if you dont see any CAW/Edit additions on one of them.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Also to actually use those attitude era stuff in universe mode you got to actually beat attitude era mode and the matches after it to unlock them. You dont get them with the instant unlock download.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Okay so I was simming a tag tournament and DDP & Kanyon vs. Harlem Heat has been at 99:59 for 3 real life minutes right now and I haven't seen anything close to a 2.9 yet. Help.

Edit: It ended in a Double Count a couple minutes later.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 08:16 on May 6, 2013

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Minidust posted:

I'm assuming the 3DS version of WWE All Stars is terrible. Is it? I want some rasslin on my spankin' new 3DS, and my copy of Fire Pro Advance 2 won't fit :saddowns:

There was a WWE All Stars for 3DS?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tato posted:

I love most things about Revenge except for that poo poo combo system with striking attacks. I'm glad they thought better of that one and removed it from future games.

That combo system is pretty great in the japanese games. Have a wrestler like Misawa deliver elbow after rolling elbow and follow it up with an Emerald Flowsion and get the pin or KO win is very satisfying. That or doing it with Vader and his hammer blows and finishing them off with a monster powerbomb. That combo system also just wrecked dudes when using the MMA and Boxing characters.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Quasipox posted:

The only memory I have of those LoW games was playing as George "The Animal" Steele (at least, I think he was in it) and throwing cookie sheets and stuff across the ring to hit my opponents.

Me and my friend once played a ladder match in the last version and to stop me from getting the belt or w/e he chucked a chair up at me and knocked me down, but his back was facing the ladder so the chair like flew through is body and like vertically up in the air. We both had to stop playing we were laughing so hard.

Also I just learned in Fire Pro Returns that if you get a Critical off a submission you get a really gross snapping sound effect to go with it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
There was a much more recent one that did that and was partially the way you unlocked the special abilities currently in the game.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Davros1 posted:

My personal favorite was how '07, where they decided to add weight restrictions on moves. So a cruiserweight, like Rey, could no longer powerbomb The Big Show. Makes sense, right? Until you realize that it also meant that HBK, also classified as a crusierweight, couldn't pick up Joey Mercury, a guy smaller than him, because he was classified as a heavyweight. The weight restrictions also affected strikes. Kicks and punches were ineffective depending on the weight class, so HBK's punches and kicks were no-sold by guys like Mercury.

And you couldn't turn it off.

I remember the thing that pissed me off the most about this other than HBK not being able to hurt dudes was that some how the loving fat rear end DUDLEY BOYS were listed as cruiser/light weights and couldn't do the 3D or anything to people. It was the loving worst.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Another play tester came by in the original thread and dismissed all of that.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I just had a match in Fire Pro Returns of Norman Smiley vs. Japanese Kickboxer Musashi end in a 60min time limit draw after Smiley got the blood kicked and punched out of his skull and wouldn't get Criticaled. I decided to have a rematch and Norman Smiley was way more aggressive and instantly busted open Musashi. Now Smiley was still getting dominated but eventually at 46min and 15sec Smiley won with a Release German Suplex.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Those are all like the vaguest loving descriptions besides a returning Career mode. WWE2K13's tag line is Become Immortal.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

More FPR questions... can you set a tournament for a title? I see the option to just have a regular title match, but it'd be more fun to run a tournament for a belt. Some of the match setup options still throw me off. I was playing Match Maker mode and couldn't figure out how to do a tag match anywhere.

For a tag team match just turn singles into tag team in the match options thing before you start.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

triplexpac posted:

I noticed I have a bunch of you fellas on my Steam friends list. Anyone want an invite to the Trading Card Beta? I have one left. If you have participating games, it's free money.

I got $8 from it so far for doing nothing, it's hilarious.

What are some participating games? Also what is it?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Well, not to go off on a huge tangent...

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/

Basically you play participating games (they should be in that link) and it gives you up to 3 "trading cards" after random amounts of time.

You can sell the cards on the Steam marketplace, generally common cards go for 30-50 cents and rare foil cards can go up to $10-$15

It's the dumbest thing, but I figured I would share the wealth while this gold rush is going on.

Yea sure if you got the beta pass hit me up on steam.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Davros1 posted:

If CAW's can have different gimmicks, so can the in-game people. Hell, the in game people might actually look better if they made them using the CAW engine.

That's completely different because all those items are modeled as that persons body.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
But I already have the far superior KungFu Pack though!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Exclusive US Collector Phenom pack announced and it includes a special DLC Character. The American Badass Taker. Also modern Taker revealed for the game to no ones surprise.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

NienNunb posted:

I finally took the plunge and bought FPWR for the PSN. What are some recommended save packs? I'm looking for one that has relatively up to date rosters for WWE, NJPW, ROH, etc. and maybe some classic WWF/AJPW guys.

Hulka Pack a few pages back. If you know how to transfer saves onto the PS3.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Nah, Andre looks bigger in the WWE 2K14 image and the Warrior DLC looks worse than the Wrestlemania one.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
If there is any update to the WWE 2K15 games then its the next one that will hopefully be a big step towards changing.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
IGN's roster reveal so far missed Big John Studd. so there is your one Wrestlemania 1 match. Andre vs. Big John Studd.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

punchdaily posted:

The one wrestling game where it'd make sense to have Mr. T in it and we're missing out!

Mr. T hates wrestling and the WWE because they refused to put him in the Hall of Fame before Pete Rose.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

Why isn't Piper in this? Doesn't he have a legends deal?

Yeah, but most of his Wrestlemania matches that are memorable are against dudes WWE can't get in the game or don't want in the game.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

VogeGandire posted:

Could have done Piper vs Bret at WM8 at least.

Not important! :v:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Haha Ric and JR just saying "poo poo" a lot is hilarious. The story Ric Flair had about his son and burying him with his hall of fame ring was sweet and WWE giving him one with Reid's name engraved on it in return.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I want this to go forever because its great.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
ric flair is a loving god. i love this. HE WONT STOP TELLING STORIES

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

89 posted:

What's weird is that HBK has 3 models that have been shown, but only 2 listed. He has his more recent attire from the Taker matches. His WMXIX attire against Jericho. And his old school WMX attire vs. Razor Ramon.

So, maybe everybody has a bunch of attires, at least the Wrestlemania guys?

Yeah I definitely think some guys have multiple attires because of how badly they are needed. Andre will have 2. Macho Man will at least have 2. HBK will have 3 probably. Jericho Retro will probably have 2.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Excuse this post a little. But going from the roster we got the 45+ Wrestlemania Mode matches will probably be:

WM1: Andre the Giant(W/ Alt Attire) vs. Big John Studd
WM2: Hulk Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy
WM3: Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant
WM4: Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase
WM5: Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage
WM6: Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan
WM7: Ultimate Warrior vs. Randy Savage(w/ Alt Attire 1), Hulk Hogan vs. Sgt. Slaughter
WM8: Randy Savage(w/ Alt Attire 2) vs. Retro Ric Flair
WM9: Yokozuna vs. Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan(w/ Alt Attire) vs. Yokozuna
WM10: Razor Ramon vs. Retro Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna
WM11: Diesel vs. Shawn Michaels
WM12: Retro Undertaker vs. Diesel, Retro Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart
WM13: Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin
WM14: Retro Undertaker(w/ Alt Attire) vs. Kane, Steve Austin vs. Retro Shawn Michaels(w/ Alt Attire)
WM15: Steve Austin vs. Retro The Rock
WM16(2000): Retro Triple H vs. Retro Big Show vs. Retro The Rock vs. Mick Foley
WM17(X7): Steve Austin vs. Retro The Rock
WM18(X8): Retro The Rock vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Retro Triple H vs. Retro Chris Jericho
WM19: Shawn Michaels(w/ Alt Attire 1) vs. Retro Chris Jericho(w/ Alt Attire), The Rock(w/ Alt Attire) vs. Steve Austin
WM20: Retro John Cena vs. Retro Big Show, Goldberg vs. Retro Brock Lesnar
WM21: Retro John Cena vs. JBL, Batista(w/ Alt Attire) vs. Retro Triple H
WM22: Edge(w/ Alt Attire) vs. Mick Foley, John Cena vs. Triple H
WM23: John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels
WM24: Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair, Randy Orton(w/ Alt Attire) vs. John Cena vs. Retro Triple H, Undertaker(w/ Long Hair) vs. Edge
WM25: Undertaker(w/ Long Hair) vs. Shawn Michaels(w/ Alt Attire 2), Edge vs. Big Show vs. John Cena, Retro Triple H vs. Randy Orton
WM26: John Cena vs. Batista, Undertaker(w/ Long Hair) vs. Shawn Michaels(w/ Alt Attire 2)
WM27: Edge(w/ Alt Attire) vs. Alberto Del Rio, Undertaker(w/ Long Hair) vs. Retro Triple H, The Miz vs. John Cena
WM28: The Undertaker vs. Retro Triple H, CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho, The Rock vs. John Cena
WM29: Undertaker vs. CM Punk, Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar, John Cena vs. The Rock

Hopefully guys with drastic attire or body changes for certain matches will have them. Also give or take one or two matches I think this will be it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
You know what I think some of the models look really good in the face area like Modern Ric Flair and Hogan. I think there will be a couple characters that actually look good compared to others.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The greatest thing they added to the games since WWE '12 is item physics because hilarious poo poo happened with them.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Nut Bunnies posted:

In retrospect, the 2 count bug really killed WWE 13 for me. There was absolutely no drama in matches. It was either kick out at 1, or get a 2 count and you know you've won. The roster was fine, the story mode was fine, but that was a showstopper.

That and they got rid of the entertaining bugs from 12.

Apparently the bugs are still there, we just aren't experts in breaking the game like other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

FishBulb posted:

I don't really understand the dubstep gun. It kills stuff I guess but I don't really seem to get any dubsteppy effects but to be fair my game is bugged and never plays music (PC gaming supremecy hurrah) so that could be why.

It shoots wubs and anyone not violent against you will start dancing and cars will suddenly get hydraulics.

• Locked thread