Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
This better come out onto the UK PSN :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Oh right, didn't know that. Sweet

Lets get critting.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Dang , if save trading is as easy as that I am so hyped for this.

I only wish we had some form of card generator or non-linear purpose. I don't have the inclination to make up stories in my mind. But hey, the fact they're even releasing this is so kickass.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
http://youtu.be/h8NcVCJGghE

I did a rambling sit down video of this game a few months back. If you want a long winded explanation of the game , be my guest and watch the vid :)

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Snacksmaniac posted:

I want that save so bad :[

You can have it soon!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
So hows it work for non US goons. Make a USA PSN ID, then add a visa card. I read that it doesn't like non-US payment forms or whatever?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Dang alright, well I've made a US account. Entered no billing info. Willing to pay someone for whatever has to happen. Needs me fire pro!

PM me if you can help / need private info w/e.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
RE this US business. So when [if] I can get this and download it to my PS3. Can I log back into my usual PS3 account and it will be on the PS3's hard drive? Phew, I think i'll give this another try tomorrow evening

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Jealous of you fucks :(

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Bought a card from maximus-cards, got an email error saying they can't give me a code [then a payment confirmation email shortly after]. doooooo :10bux::10bux:

edit: emailed them then they gave me the code. Downloading this poo poo now :swoon:

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 24, 2013

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Can we get a fpr save section w/ links in the OP soon when we're all comfortable with the methods of importing saves etc :swoon:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Reporting in, downloaded that save file, put it on a USB and now currently scrolling through an awesome plethora of 2012 guys. Nice. Look forward to old school ones!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Got a link to the old school pack?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

triplexpac posted:

It's funny, a save of 500 guys including some of the greatest legends of all time and I run my first match as Mortis vs Glacier.

Edit: Was a pretty great match though. Hit Glacier with a few Flatliners, he wouldn't stay down. Finally he went for the Cryonic Kick, I think I dodged it, then I hit HIM with a Cryonic Kick for the win.

Same.

First match was Ludvig Borga v Nailz.

I've always loved it when wrestling games include jobbers. I've no reason for it I just do, to have poo poo loads of em in fpr is like a wet dream.

I'd say that 'starter pack' save is a bible that everyone should try if they're new to the game. You really would not need anything else.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I tried cena v cena and the ps3 froze hard. :(

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Here's a meandering video for those still undecided about the gem that is Fire pro R!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4bO4DGDQNo

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Thinking of making a 'lets sim' video series. Just random matches with skill 7 ai and a tiny bit of colour commentary. Not necessarily dream matches , but matches you'd never see because of brand crossovers, or commercial games not including everyone (jobbers).

Virgil v duke the dumpster drosse? gently caress yeah!

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Apr 26, 2013

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Gonna be uploading some random sims with jobbers/shitters just to see the AI do its thing. I'm using the starter pack featured on the last page.

For example the 5 star match featuring Hardcore holly and D'lo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUdbTyVoKBE

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Jefferoo posted:

Buying WWE '13 tomorrow. Is the CAW stuff as amazing as I hear? Is the DLC worth it?

No, get fire pro wrestling returns :)

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Jefferoo posted:

I wrote MDickie an email a while back detailing how a couple things in Wrestling Revolution HD were utterly broken, and in his new update it looks like he improved on them - the post-match Twitter feed has some new content and the cage A.I. has been improved, apparently. What a weird loving game.

Yep, love this feature, not sure as to why. I wish ol Dickie made a dedicated PC version dammit!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Thought i'd post this here incase anyone misses it:

I'm in the process of putting together an updated version of Wrestling Mpire HD 2.0 [my 'hd' conversion of MDickie's wrestling mpire remix]. I am updating a few textures here and there and doing a last call for in-jokes and stuff to put into the game. We got 3 choices

1. A Long oblong banner which appears around the ring barricade (1200x188)

2. Large posters that appear backstage at random (900x463)

3. Crowd signs (which you can add an infinite amount to the game), no dimension limits, just keep the aspect ratio similar too 384x256.

Here's the current collection of goon made signs :allears:

Here's one I whipped up just to get the idea. Feel free to whip something up and get it put into the game. God speed goons. [fyi - Terry Duggan is the ingame Hogan rip off]

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Speaking of wwe games, shouldn't we of heard somethin about wwe 14 by now? It's drearily quiet.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Posting this here just to stir up the boring news-drought

quote:

Well, this may be exciting new info or total bullshit, but this was on the 2K forum originally posted on the WWE Gaming website before being taken down. Seems how it'd dead boring on here lately and we're all craving some info, I thought why not share it anyway. Again, might be completely false, but it's something to get the hype train-a-rollin' aye?

'Oh you didn't know? It's that time again- time for the WWE to return with another installment of their yearly franchise and this time folks, they're returning with a "bang".

No longer on the herald of the late THQ, WWE has teamed up with TakeTwo subdivision 2KSports to bring you this years installment of the popular wrestling simulation.. and boy are they finally on the right track. Think of it as an official rebirth... Or second coming... Or re-debut... Or actual debut... Or- you get our drift.

Done away this year are the recycled cartoonish graphics and sound that were prominent in WWE games in the past few years. 2K have completely revamped and shifted all of the focus on presentation and quality to appeal to mass gamers and to replicate the actual feel of the WWE. "Time restraints and budgeting issues were the main reason that all of the games never felt completely new, even though, marketing wise, we pushed the complete opposite. So far, 2K have been extremely innovative and have pitched ideas that were never thought of." said Cory Ledesma, former senior editor for the WWE franchise who was hired by TakeTwo Interactive to help out with this years games.

As we were able to preview a bit of the game, the changes were noticeable instantly. We were given a five minute time limit for our match which pitted John Cena against the attitude era poster boy, Stone Cold Steve Austin. As we went through our selection process, done away was the Mortal Kombat fighter style selection screen in favor of the return of a more traditional selection screen. In alphabetical orders and rows, players are now able to not only see the stats and finishers of who they're selecting, but are now able to read mini biographies and hype videos for said wrestlers, reminiscent to the old WCW Nitro games of the 90's.

For John Cena, if you highlight his character, a mini backdrop video begins to show his accomplishments, showing his crowd celebration from a couple of years back winning his first WWE title at WrestleMania 21. For Austin, we were greeted to his infamous beer spraying shtick from his feud with McMahon. The videos are shown by default which can be a bit of a nuisance after a while.

As soon as we loaded into our match, we were greeted by announcers Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler who ran down the stats and accomplishments of both competitors. Rowdy fans perpetrated the backgrounds flashing signs, and throwing up hand gestures as our announcers spoke, similar to what you see on television. The run downs are short and sweet and can be skipped if the player chooses to do so.

Done away are the loading screens before entrances. As soon as the run downs were completed we were greeted by Austin's glass shatter which drew an enormous reaction from the crowd. "Here we go!" says an enthusiastic Michael Cole. 2K has really hit the nail on the head with reactions and sounds coming from the crowd and commentating has taken a huge step forward and we've yet to start any action.

As Austin perpetrated from behind the curtains his signature neck jerks were prominent as he marched down the isle, stopping a few times to gaze at the enormous crowd. Faint mumblings can be heard from Austin has he stomps towards the ring. Once again, commentators begin to boost up the match and plug the reaction of the crowd.

As Austin throws his vest to the outside and prominently stretches for the match, John Cena makes his way to the ring as Austin gazes the entrance way from a turnbuckle. With no load time in between, Cena comes out with a burst of speed and enthusiasm before stopping at the entrance stage to say a few words of motivation to the camera as he salutes. As Cena makes his way into the ring he faintly gazes at Austin before throwing his shirt into the crowd. The player is given the option to do a premature start during all of this by tapping R1. For example, if we chose too, we could have had Austin rush John Cena during his entrance but were too awe struck at the presentation. This is the authentication that 2K sports wanted.

As the bell rang, the match started with a test of strengths which seems to be the return of mini games before matches. Match the correct buttons and you have the advantage for the start. The controls were similar to the old games but moves are now much more fluid and better captured. As John Cena received a plethora of chest chops, he gripped his chest in agony while holding onto the third rope attempting to shield himself from Austin while the referee sandwiched himself between both competitors. During this process, a bar appears that let's Cena avoid any more combat from Austin if he fills it up in time. If not, Austin can continue his attack. "It's a way for us to combat spamming online and offline, and it gives the match more fluidity and pacing" said Bryan Williams, who was also hired by TakeTwo.

Stamina plays an important role in matches now and to refill them means you have to put your opponent in rest holds or go to a "hot spot" to do so. "Hot spots are various areas inside and outside the ring which allows player to refill their stamina- for example, if you perform a huge move on your opponent that causes you to collapse, then would be a good time to regain a boost of energy by going to the turn buckle and pressing R1 which shows your wrestler leaning and catching his breath. If you don't want the hassle of drifting away from your opponents, then rest holds will do. A mat headlock will replenish your stamina" says Ledesma.

Stamina depletion is much more noticeable near the pinnacle of matches, so you won't be needing to do to many rest holds at the start. As our time limit grew to a close we weren't able to fully explore the new innovative ways that matches play out. As we were bummed out about wrappings things up, Williams boasted to us "There is a lot more where that came from and that was not even, say, 20 percent of what we have in store for you guys." In that case, we were very pleased to see the much needed changes and upgrades that 2K sports have implemented. WWE2K14 is set to be released in October of this year, and for a short time span, they've accomplished a lot.'

it came from IGN....

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Its pretty much confirmed bullshit, but it's nice to have a bit of whimsical banter. You gotta think this is the dawning of a new era of WWE games, probably an incremental year, but at least it will be a non-THQ WWE game.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Wwe2k14 will be the windows vista, 2k15 will be the windows 7 :)

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I just want to fight in the concrete area by the stage 'like in old games' , and I bet the only reason they took it out was because they couldn't be bothered to animate the climb up/down animations!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Each year the animations look 'smooother' and the pacing is better. Curse your smoke and mirror preview.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
You are not touting 2 counts as a feature, you are NOT counting 2 counts as a feature.

I'm sad to be so jaded, but I think we've all been burnt by thq so many times. Although the new navigation sounds cool, look forward to any attempt to stop free run spam.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I think this year is the worst 'hype' wise, even the 2009 game with the NEW thing being hot tags had a few things going for it.

At least we have DLC per order wrestlers and 2 counts!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
And I bet the motorcycle dissappears when the match starts too :colbert:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
What's the contents of the hulka pack? Modern? Retro? Mix of everything? Might give it a shot this weekend.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

triplexpac posted:

So I'm curious, has anyone here pre-ordered WWE 14?

Hell no. Still adamantly waiting on info, it's good to know we have warrior and aba taker, they know how to lay on the good stuff :swoon:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
If this gives us a nice spread of legends I'm all for that. Why not just go all out and make it a legends game? Sure have a few current guys but I'd take hogan over Tyson Kidd

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Do other games tap into nostalgia like wwe has been doing? I know the gameplay will be poo poo, but I will be buying just for Razor Ramon and a host of caws and 'real' arenas and living out my sega genesis days of wwf gaming.

They have us by the balls

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I'd say textures and logos are a big chunk. I'd LOVE to get my hands on some of the vector files Yukes must produce, especially for the attitude era stuff.

I don't think I've ever seen a wwf heat logo over 400 pixels wide.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Would it be worth making a dedicated fire pro thread, with a
Kickass OP, An explanation about the psn download, and great pack download links

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
RE Wrestling Game news:

I have teamed up with a programmer and we're working on a 'no mercy style' wrestling game for the PC. We have an early alpha build of the engine so it's not all hear-say like most start up projects. I joined up as a texture artist/graphic designer and so far things are looking well.

The dude needed help with the creative side as he's primarily a programmer, so enter simosimo!

The game will have the usual international promotions [think MDickie universe] and will also feature world saves [think Fire Pro R savegames], so you could technically have a 90's world without interfering with other worlds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlL9cHiulJA

So i'm essentially in charge of getting the look right, that means designing the promotions in the game e.g:

Each fed will be inspired by their real life counterparts, and full fleshed out [aprons and etc]. Rockstar games are my influence, how they flesh out stuff they don't even NEED to, but they do because they're awesome.

It's gonna be a fun ride.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Well it's possible, promotions/federations are likely to be modules, so you can install/add/remove whatever you like - provided someone has made it. I like the idea of having a european tournament, loved reading about those in Brets/Foleys book.

More art - tackling those current day feds!

And let's not forget social media!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Just a minor quibble, I think you meant "premier" instead of "premiere" on the USWrestling banner there. "Premier" in this instance refers to "first in quality" (or "best", or "highest quality"). Whereas "premiere" generally means "first showing" (i.e., "debut"). :v:

Looking forward to seeing how you guys do with this, too. :)

Thanks! Nothing final at this point just toying with the design style. Actually, I remember watching a Premier league football match and the commentator was american and he kept on pronouncing 'premier' as PREEEMEIIIEEEREEE [that has always stuck with me til this day in my head].

Also with regards to creating wrestlers:

Unleash your inner child (or creativity) with .PNG textures. Just draw what you like in your image program, save the texture, and it's automatically in game.

Not only that, you can name the file what you like and the game automatically capitalises AND displays the name in the CAW menu. Just look at this scar and Al Snow style scribble on this poor guy. No effort, no difficulty.

Even I can't wait to see what the final thing will end up being like.

ps - these character textures aren't mine, so look forward to tackling them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Not quite :) - little update, moving bodies!

http://youtu.be/TuJNCLi7o_4

• Locked thread