Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

simosimo posted:

So hows it work for non US goons. Make a USA PSN ID, then add a visa card. I read that it doesn't like non-US payment forms or whatever?
Could always get a US PSN card off ebay where they send you the code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

coconono posted:

tonight, I'm gonna give the saves a try.

I took Kobashi and beat the poo poo out of some Toryumon guy for a solid 30 minutes. I probably cried a little from joy.
How many lariats did you throw?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Dishwasher posted:

Kevin Nash is the new Vader. He's going on 7 defenses with WCW title. He's ended all but two of them with Jackknife criticals. The other two he's finished with Boston crabs. I've taken to calling this new alternate finisher "Nash's Crabs".
They shouldn't be called Criticals in his case, they should be announced as such:

"NASH OUT!"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Raeg posted:

I was really pleased last year when I fired up my PS2 and it turned out my copy of KoC 2 was there. I've never really ventured out of playing the exhibition modes considering the roster was pretty stacked as is but I felt it really did successfully work as a 3D version of Fire Pro.
I managed to pick up a copy of it off of eBay some years ago (my first purchase from there even). Most fun I had with a PS2 wrestling game since Here Comes The Pain.

Once, I had an awesome match with Misawa (using my own wrestler) where he he kicked out of 3 finishers and eventually managed to pin him with a fireman's carry.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Hiram posted:

I loving love that game. I don't feel like Def Jam gets enough love.
I loved that game too. You had to work for your victories.

Should break out the PS2 one of these days...

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

triplexpac posted:

I hope they get King out there again to awkwardly talk about video games, a topic he obviously cares so much about
I hope they have more than 1:30 min. of footage at E3 this year. Last year (?) was just embarrassing when they had Sheamus come out to promote it and the thing looped like 3 times by the time he was done talking about the Attitude Era mode and that goddamn barricade destruction cutscene.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Tato posted:

They need to start body scanning guys again like they did with Jakks or hire the people who worked on impact. Other 2k games have good modeling, this play doh looking poo poo is shameful in 2013.
Well, they did shut down the studio that did AllStars even though it was successful. Stupid UDraw...

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
The worst part is that they've kept that nostril goblin Ledesma. He's as smarmy as any of the XBone presenters with little to show for it...and god help us when they have Miz interview him at the roster reveal....

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Well, apparently Warrior's gonna be in it so maybe that's it.

Edit: And yes, I agree with njsykora, All Stars 2 would be a wonderful surprise.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cardboard Box posted:

well of course THQ didn't start on it because THQ didn't make the WWE games themselves.
They owed Yuke's several million when they went under so that didn't help motivate them much either.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
And the new info starts to appear

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

RudoReels posted:

Am I understanding 'catapult' correctly by suggesting this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPBXmmnu74Q

If so.... omgomgomgomg
...and that's about the only use I'll have for it.
If you can counter it with that DDT Ziggler used last week, it's worth it.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Bodyslamming that 1 ton Giant, BROTHER!

Wonder how many of those 45 or so matches will be repeats, seeing as we've had Rock/Cena Twice In A Lifetime (possibly adding Cena/Miz which involved The Rock), 3 Undertaker/Triple H ones, 2 Undertaker/Michaels, etc. Plus there's always the matches that can't be included due to guys not being available (e.g. Angle) or not being promoted (Benoit) and multi man matches like MITB will have some omissions.
Edit: More pics

Anyone have that Cena "Continue?" gif handy? lol

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Aug 12, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
It just won't be the same without Monsoon and Heenan for the early Wrestlemanias :( And I just realised Bret vs Owen at WM X won't be featured.

Edit: Seems that the roster reveal on Summerslam weekend will only cover those who'll be in the Wrestlemania mode, with the rest of the roster revealed later

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 12, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

John Cena posted:

I doubt this means 29 Wrestlemania Arenas will be used, but if they are, that'd really be something else.
Well, they've got a few of them already done from the past few years' games (just need some fine tuning here and there)

Edit: Well, there you go.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I hope this means we also get ring carts.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Sweeney Tom posted:

Ever since hearing about how the probe gun can be used on human civilians in-game, I've been sour on SR4. The people who created that didn't think about how people could be disgusted at or triggered by an in-game weapon that allows you to sexually assault people
Wait, what?!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

I think it has a good chance of being a bit more similar than that, considering the early Wrestlemanias were Monsoon and VENTURA, not Monsoon and Heenan :smug:
You know drat well they'll remove Ventura's audio and we'll just have a one man booth with Monsoon :)

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Millions of Dollars, Millions of Dollars!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUOR9zjXNMA

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Wrestlemania mode roster's up on IGN:

quote:

2K has revealed its superstar roster for WWE 2K14. This year's collection of wrestlers clearly builds on the legacy of Wrestlemania, which is also the focal point for the game's single-player mode.
Alberto Del Rio
Andre the Giant
Batista
Big Show
Big Show (Retro)
Bret Hart
Brock Lesnar
Brock Lesnar (Retro)
Chris Jericho
Chris Jericho (Retro)
CM Punk
Diesel
Edge
Goldberg
Hulk Hogan
'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan
JBL
John Cena
John Cena (Retro)
Kane (Retro)
King Kong Bundy
Mick Foley
Randy Orton
'Macho Man' Randy Savage
Razor Ramon
Ric Flair
Ric Flair (Retro)
Ricky Steamboat
Sergeant Slaughter
Shawn Michaels
Shawn Michaels (Retro)
'Stone Cold' Steve Austin
Ted DiBiase
The Miz
The Rock
The Rock (Retro)
Triple H
Triple H (Retro)
Ultimate Warrior
Undertaker
Undertaker (Retro)
Yokozuna

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

...is that it? There are more retro guys there than current guys.
Well, seeing as Angle, Jeff Hardy and the Dudley Boys are in TNA (and don't have non exclusive merch deals), the Wrestlemania XIX (Lesnar vs Angle) and XX main events (both world title matches) and the TLC triple threat tag from X-7 can't be used. Plus, Benoit's current status also disqualifies him from several and Owen's match vs Bret can't be included due to his widow not wanting his image used in anything to do with wrestling.

It has been said that the remaining roster will make up for it though...

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 17, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

Oh, there's more? I thought that was the full roster. I'll be quiet then.
Yeah, they said they'd only reveal the Wrestlemania mode roster today and the rest some time later. Am confused why IGN leaked this list already though...

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Aug 17, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

...I need to get out more.
Don't sweat it. If you didn't put this together, I probably would have...and I'm at work :)

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

Jake got a LOT of Mania paydays. When I was going through the lists, there were so many cases of "<x> match could have been included, but Jake isn't on the list".

The Ricks Martel and Rude too.
Maybe if we're lucky, there'll be an unlockable mode for additional non main event matches like the Off Script mode from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGRUZavjxIs

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 17, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Apparently, Goldberg's entrance will also include the backstage segment too. Let's hope there's security guards.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Brian Williams said it after the roster reveal.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z-ERFRcCH8

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I wish Jake and Rude were also announced.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

triplexpac posted:

HHH looks so... glossy
Triple H went to Tony Atlas for advice on how to shine.

Pity they can't recreate the lighting that gave us that freaky "Santa HHH" from Elimination Chamber.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C2AdPGRcQk

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Aug 20, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

triplexpac posted:

Oh michael cole Will you stop!
Highly unlikely.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsGCxo89hco

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
There's even a Stunner and Spinning Headscissors available. Though the Dubstep gun is tremendous fun too.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

KungFu Grip posted:

It shoots wubs and anyone not violent against you will start dancing and cars will suddenly get hydraulics.
You can upgrade it to have the wubs explode.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Jubs posted:

Could someone find me a person who actually likes Cory Ledesma, Bryan Williams and that other goon looking fellow? In fact, is there a THQ employee that doesn't come off as super smug?
It's even worse when they send Miz out to do media appearances with Ledesma. It's....rage inducing.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Golden Bee posted:

I wonder if John Cena still hangs out with Tony, his friend who helped him defeat Better-Than-U-Topia.
John Cena's a terrible friend. Also, Tony is Bryan Williams.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

triplexpac posted:

That was awesome in Smackdown 2. It was great to make Rock with a Robot body
He can only be 5' tall though.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

I Before E posted:

I think it's like an infinite gauntlet match, where you have to beat as many as you can in a row.
I hope this means Slobberknocker matches are back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

KungFu Grip posted:

Only as the Undertaker though!
AND Triple H.

• Locked thread