Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If you need US PSN codes from outside the US then Play Asia are selling them at face value for a short while. So a $20 card will cost $20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Budget Dracula posted:

FPR always surprises me. Just had a match where Bob Sapp KO'd a non-legal man in a tag match with one punch while the dude was just chilling on the apron in the corner.

Don't see why this is surprising, sounds like something Sapp would do.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Sockser posted:

Bought WWE 13 from Amazon a few weeks ago, finally went to activate my online, code doesn't loving work.

Do I have to talk to 2K about this, then?

Those codes can expire. Yes really. Welcome to Gaming 2013. But yeah I don't know who you'd talk to about that now THQ is done but 2K seems like a start.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cena and Bray Wyatt just went 58 minutes for the WWE title. Cena won with an STF naturally.

I need to sim Tanahashi vs Cena to see who comes out on top in the battle of the invincible supermen.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

In my game I currently have Sin Cara as #1 contender to the WWE Championship after beating Daniel Bryan in a landmine deathmatch. This loving game...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Tonfa posted:

This thread has certainly piqued my interest after learning that you can book crazy clusterfucks in addition to great technical duels. Is there a pack for the game that has 2013 WWE and NJPW rosters and as many other notable people throughout the years as possible?

I'm using the 2012 pack that was posted back on page 2 and it has just about everyone I could want, though I'd like a few more joshi people. The only stuff of any note it's really missing is the more recent NXT guys.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Timby posted:

I've asked this before, but how the gently caress can people actually watch a simulated video game wrestling match? Especially one that goes 45 minutes? After a while, you're just watching canned animations again and again. Wouldn't you rather, you know, play the game?

Fire Pro feels more like watching an actual match. I watched Randy Orton RKO Cena 12 times, one of which Cena completely no-sold and got up from immediately. You can't make this poo poo up.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Dishwasher posted:

Kevin Nash is the new Vader. He's going on 7 defenses with WCW title. He's ended all but two of them with Jackknife criticals. The other two he's finished with Boston crabs. I've taken to calling this new alternate finisher "Nash's Crabs".

Be right back, gotta rename some moves.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

FishBulb posted:

It's a fact proven by science. SR2 was the best one. 3 was pretty disappointing after 2. Sorry you're a bad scientician.

Saints Row 2 had Septic Avenger. Saints Row 3 did not. SR2 wins.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

I suddenly want a new Fight Night.

Me too, though aren't the developers of that doing the new UFC game now EA have the licence?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

And if you managed to have it on the PS2?

Entrance

Entrance

Not nearly as bad as having it on the PSP. I remember seeing a video that took over 10 minutes from selecting a match type to actually hearing the opening bell.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Question about WWE '13: I've always enjoyed wrestling the Arn Anderson style where you pick a limb and destroy it. Is that something you can do? Does it make a difference when you slap on a submission hold that you've destroyed a limb?

You can target areas, I think legs, arms, head and torso and submissions targeting those areas do take into account the damage each area's taken. This can lead to hilarious situations though where you can focus all your offence on the left leg only to get a quick tap with a ankle lock on the right.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Miz is at E3 according to his Twitter and they're doing something for WWE2k14 there. Which makes it all the most curious why nothing about it has shown up.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

All-Stars 2 or nothing.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

rear end-belt or no sale.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I think he put my tables through a table.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

SiKboy posted:

HOW DO YOU LEARN TO SCROLL PAST A 20 FOOT JPEG?

:bahgawd:

Perfect.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Did that dude seriously just do a pop-up RKO? gently caress I'd buy that for $3 it looks like hella fun.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

At $3 it's not like a pants-making GBS threads horror to play or anything, but I've had far more fun with video games that cost less money. For some reason Xbox 360 Indy means "Clearly made by one guy in his basement," unless I'm really missing a few diamonds in the rough. This was Not Fun though.

There are legitimately some fantastic games on XBLIG, but dear god do you have to dig for them. Eventually I just grew tired of having to wade through the poo poo.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah this is the guys who'll be in the Wrestlemania mode. I can understand the confusion since Alberto Del Rio is there for some reason. That said the list does pretty much confirm that Steamboat/Savage is going to be in that mode.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

RBX posted:

How do I get custom music in again? Just transfer onto PS3?

If they haven't changed it (which they probably haven't) since 2011, put the music on the PS3 then it should show up under custom soundtrack in create an entrance.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Why the hell couldn't they just paste UFC guys over the EA MMA engine?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Panama Red posted:

So the downside of picking up old sports sims is that the companies that make them stop hosting the servers on which people share their stuff. Is this the case with WWE '13? I was thinking of picking it up since it's cheaper and better reviewed thank 2k14, but I'm worried that all the stuff about CAWs and story lines being hosted online won't be true anymore.

Do a quick search on any gaming news site for the game title and if the servers have been taken down there'll be a post about it, or look on the official forums. I don't think '13's servers have gone yet though, but they won't be around much longer.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

simosimo posted:

For the first time in a long time, i'd actually prefer modern day guys over old stuff. Looking forward to see what they do with the wyatt entrance. Think we're going to get the same old recycled engine, or something mind blowingly awesome for next gen?

I'd think if they're going onto the next gen formats they'd at least upgrade the engine, but then Codemasters aren't releasing any games on next gen formats until they've finished the Ego 2 engine so it's entirely possible 2K will just not bother for this year.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Sockser posted:

I've never actually watched video of TNA Impact. Maybe I'll pick up a used copy and see how it plays, 'cause it looks pretty good.

It's not great, but kinda interesting if you can find it super cheap which shouldn't be too difficult.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Liar Lyre posted:

I think there is a mod or exploit with the newest games that allow you to do intergender matches and use non playable characters like Justin Roberts. I've only seen videos, I don't know the details.

It's really weird to me that Justin Roberts has assigned stats in these games yet we can't beat him up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Looks like Randy got caught rubbernecking.

• Locked thread