Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

njsykora posted:

Those codes can expire. Yes really. Welcome to Gaming 2013. But yeah I don't know who you'd talk to about that now THQ is done but 2K seems like a start.

That's inexcusable to begin with and especially in this case since the game's been out for less than a year. I wonder if the problem is that the old THQ codes are defunct and you need a 2k code now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I've only had branching storylines on my modern WWE show and the two times it happened I couldn't pick what option I wanted since I just had an empty black box with the wresler's face on the side without any visible choices.

One of them resulted in Rey turning heel, which was actually kinda cool since it led to him winning the title at the next PPV before dropping the belt to Rumble winner El Generico at WrestleMania.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Rarity's thread inspired me to check out TEW2005 for the first time in years.

I downloaded the real world mod and copied it and the graphics to the data folder in a way identical to the default database, but it doesn't show up in the actual game. What am I doing wrong?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Figured out the problem. It worked once I created an empty database in game and then moved all the data to the new folder.

I'll give the guy who did the database credit, it looks pretty drat thorough. Don't know if I could agree on his description of Strongman as "a good all rounder" though.

I guess I'll probably do ROH for my first game since there's just too much poo poo I'd want to change to the NJPW data before playing it.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 23, 2013

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Why isn't Piper in this? Doesn't he have a legends deal?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Oh man, I'm sorry I missed this now.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I've rarely even listened to Stone Cold's podcast, but I'd now pay if I had to to listen to 3 hours of him and Flair drinking and talking.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Require More Fire posted:

The models look incredibly bad but holy poo poo like every one of my favorite guys from the golden age are in there, save for Jake and Piper. I'm sorely tempted to fund this poo poo.

Hogan AND Savage AND DiBisase, goddamn.

Piper and Jake are my favorite two wrestlers from that period :smith:. I can understand Jake's absence, but there's no reason not to include Piper considering he has a Legends deal.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I was wondering why Piper wasn't in the game, guess they're saving him to sell a Legends pack.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's great to see Jake, Bruno, and Rude available as DLC, but what's with the complete absence of Piper? Is there some sort of political reason that's come up recently? He's made fairly recent WWE appearances.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

drat, I would've bought the game if I'd have known idiots were willing to spend even close to that much money to not have to wait a few months to use the Ultimate Warrior.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Basic Chunnel posted:

At least we got a strong lariat this time around.

Is the Rainmaker in the game?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Are there good CAWs of most the NJPW guys available on the 360? I haven't really made CAWs since Here Comes the Pain and I'm thinking of picking up the game with a gift card I got for Xmas.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

VogeGandire posted:

God-drat, that's a really good MiSu.

Nice job on the face, but it's not the same without the hair.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

epitasis posted:

Thinking I'll just replace them with Muta and Hunico/Camacho. Though that leaves the issue of a free-floating Alex Shelley on my NJPW brand.

How big can stables be in the game? I'd definitely want to set up a NJPW brand if I get the game, but is it going to be possible to create full sized CHAOS and Bullet Club (with Kevin Steen) groups?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

LvK posted:

So I guess that Fire Pro Wrestling G on PS1 has a really in-depth story mode.

It's too bad that as far as I've seen, there's no translation besides a confusing and woefully incomplete text file on GameFAQs.

drat, I'd love to be able to play this. It even has sprite based graphics which is good since I find PSX era 3d graphics distractingly bad now. Shame no one's released a patch.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Basic Chunnel posted:

I distinctly remember that at some point around when 2K bought the rights to the WWE games they said that they would emphasize GM functions in future games. Can't remember where they said it, though. If they really were to bring the franchise more around to a "sports franchise game" kind of feeling that would presumably be a big part of it, but there aren't really teams to manage without the brand split, so who knows.

Clearly the answer is to plan WWE vs NJPW 2k16 :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I don't have a current gen console yet, but I'm amazed neither has the ability to rip MP3s. I'm intrigued by career mode, but it's going to suck not being able to have NJPW themes in the game.

• Locked thread