Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

Nicodemus - JRS Draco Cargo Hold

Indeed, the vampire was wondering that exact question, just as he lamented the unlikelihood of ever getting the scent of orange juice out of his clothing. Personally, he was going to blame the one about 'being a treasured guest' for this little indignity; after all, one could make the argument (specious as it was) that a cargo crate was sort-of like a treasure chest, right?

In any case, there was no point in complaining; suffering was part and parcel of the path to enlightenment, and if being boxed into a crate annoyed or indignified him, then perhaps there was some lesson in patience and acceptance for him to learn.

Speaking of enlightenment...it occurred to him that he probably should take a moment to consider his immediate future. Idly Nicodemus fished about his person for his deck, and after a brief shuffle, pulled three cards from off the tarot, seeing what wisdom fate had for him. Most would be unable to read their spread in the darkness, but luckily his mastery of Auspex made such concerns irrelevant. "Hmm. Five of arrows, seven of arrows and...eight of bows? Frustration, insecurity, and fellowship?" he sputtered quietly, and sighed. "...Huh. Well. This is gonna be fun."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Hunter

The sound of fists impacting leather filled Hunter's quarters as he vented the frustrations of the day on his Heavy bag. He got his first one as a present from another Uratha once he found out about Hunter's chosen profession, and he's been through thirteen since. It's always nice to have a surrogate to vent your anger on when doing so in reality could result in revealing his true nature, or horrible dismembering death.

He wasn't the best at it, of course. Any human who fought the way Hunter fought would have shattered his hands long ago, but his spirit granted fortitude covered the minor wear and tear from an off center punch, or the torn ligaments from hitting harder than his body could stand. But he didn't mind, at this point the pain had become as much a part of the therapeutic process as the punching. It wasn't obviously life threatening, so it didn't rile up the Wolf too much, and the endorphins did their job. In fact he was actually feeling pretty good.

Until MAVOC interrupted.

If Cyril was here, he'd let him handle this. Vampires are as territorial as Werewolves, and he's creepy enough to even freak them out. But he's not here, which meant that Hunter had to handle this himself, with all his usual finesse, and who knows, maybe he'd get a chance to vent his anger on a target that bled and screamed.

He verbally commanded the room to unlock as he extracted a few wooden stakes from his closet(yet another piece of insurance against the vampire). After that it was just a short trip down the hallway, through the kitchen, and down the stairs to his erstwhile stowaway. Hunter tapped a few commands into the nearest wall panel, locking down the cargo bay and getting the location of the "moving unliving biomass". Once he had pinpointed his location(a crate, how quaint) he grabbed a spare piece of titanium sheeting used for emergency patch jobs, and dropped it on top of the crate of Spang(R)("67% more orange-like than the leading competitor") before hopping on top of the sheet himself, weighing down the lid.

"As disgusting as it would be for both of us, hiding in the meat would have probably kept you off the radar longer; that's how the last one got in," he idly rolled the stake in his fingers as he continued, "Now then bloodsucker, I've had a bad day. So how are you going to convince me to let you get out of that crate and slink back onto the station instead of beating you senseless, staking you, and venting you into atmosphere in orbit of a yellow star."

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Nicodemus

The first hint that something might be wrong comes from the clang of the titanium sheet on his crate, followed by the thump of a body settling down on it. 'And there's the frustration and insecurity, right on cue, let's see if we can't pull some fellowship out of the situation', he thought to himself. The Kindred centered himself in preparation for the grim task of defending himself from gross bodily harm.

"Well, good sir, I suppose I have to agree there, would have been much easier to hide in a meat crate instead of the orange juice, but I'm not rather fond of the freezer, sadly." he says. "If it makes you feel any better, I mean the crew no harm. I'm simply destined to be here at this moment in time. Prophecy and all that, you know."

There's a moment of silence as he contemplates his next response. "I don't suppose you're the sort who's apt to believe that the gods speak to people and deliver prophecies? Then again, you might be, if you know exactly what I am and how to deal with my kind. I'd very much appreciate not being tossed into vacuum, though, if you please, especially since - and I take pains to point this out - that I haven't actually done anything worse than trespass." he pointed out, doubtful it would help but hell, any tactic was worth it when Final Death was on the line.

Another pause, and then: "My name's Nicodemus, by the way, pleased to meet you. Perhaps we can discuss my intrusion in a civilized manner and I can recompense you with service for my invasion?"

Punting fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 9, 2013

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Hunter

There's a very inhuman growl from outside the crate, followed by the echoing clang of a fist impacting titanium.

"You are the second person today to say they were lead here by prophecy, you know. So either my cargo is a heaping helping of divine providence. Or people just think I'm gullible."

"So which is it, and I'd suggest answering carefully."

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Nicodemus

There's a very long bit of silence before the vampire answers. He doesn't to snap off a snarky response here, no sir; Nicodemus isn't exactly a social juggernaut, but even he recognizes the sound of "Don't gently caress with me, buddy", and wisely restrains any fleeting temptation to be sarcastic.

"No, I wouldn't dream of calling you gullible; that would be excessively rude, stupid, and uncalled for on my part, being both a stranger and an uninvited guest. As for divine providence...well, I can't say anything specific about your ship, sir, but I do know I was supposed end up here...granted, probably not in an orange crate, but destiny isn't often kind on one's pride."

Another pause, and then; "Far be it from me to pry, but you seem a little...upset."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Hunter

He scoffs a bit, staring down at the box.

"No, really? I can't see why," he pauses, even though you can't see him you're pretty sure he's counting off on his fingers, "My engineer almost got press ganged. The stress of that made her faint and a Doctor pretty much forced himself onto my ship with talk of Prophecy, also to, you know, treat her. My first officer has gone AWOL. And I've got a stowaway on my ship. Why would I be upset?"

There's a pause as he tries to compose himself, slow breathing, all that.

"Now then, what exactly were you planning to do if you got caught, and where the hell do you need to go that you'd stow away on a Ship that hasn't even submitted a flight plan yet?"

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Nicodemus

The vampire considers these statements very carefully. "Perhaps because you have several relevant and highly-valid reasons to be in a state of extreme emotional turmoil?" he points out, not entirely sure of the most appropriate way to respond to that question, assuming it wasn't rhetorical.

"As to my plans as to deal with my detection and where I'm headed...well, frankly, I'm headed wherever. I collect stories and adventures. It's sort of my hobby. And technically my job. At least, insofar as I understand it, not that I get paid very much for it."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Hunter

"And there are the magic words. See, I have no room on my ship for a stowaway right now, we're kind of full up. That said, I do have room for paying customers."

There's a pause.

"Of course, there are provisions, mainly you don't get to feed on my crew or passengers, and you can't let my crew or passengers know what you are. Or there will be no question about it, you will become very intimate with the next sun I see."

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Nicodemus

"That, uh, sounds like a very reasonable set of terms to me. Not that I can exactly argue the point at the moment."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Hunter

"Indeed, that's the best part!"

There's another clang on the sheet, apparently he's lying down now.

"Even better, if my First Officer comes back, you guys can get into a Vampire slap fight. It'll be fun! I can make popcorn."

He pauses for a moment.

"MAVOC, do we have popcorn?"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi

Sammi read.

Sammi read and read and read until her eyes became hard to focus and her neck hurt from looking down all the time. A cursory glance was almost pointless, so she dug as deep as she could. Most of the stories came from Earth. Pre-colinisation. Finding anything more up to date that wasn't some kinda trashy fiction novel was almost impossible. So, the girl who was kidnapped by a Fairy turned to fairytales for answers.

Somewhat appropriately, the fairy tales were indistinct and vague on the precicities of the Werewolf and Vampire condition. For a Changeling this was to be expected. Nothing was ever clear with the Wyrd, and if both species had come from the True Fae then it would explain the huge number of conflicting stories. But even so, there was a couple of recurring standout points. Vampires were cannibals or drank blood, and mostly came out at night, they exhibited all kinds of strange powers and forms but for the most part appeared as 'normal' people until they struck. At which point they would become a horrible monster.

Werewolves could become giant wolves (She'd looked up stuff about Wolves too, they were kinda cute! Apart from the teeth...) Or some man-wolf hybrid thing, they could only be killed by Silver. Which certainly supported what Hunter had told her. They were also incredibly violent. It was unclear if they possessed any powers other then the transformation. But there seemed to be hints of other abilities here and there.

Sammi wanted to dig deeper, but she was quite frankly exhausted. Her glass of water had long since been drained. Sammi decided it would be best if she crawled into her bed. From there she would continue to read until she fell asleep. Sammi's room was a window into the mind of the engineer. The mechanical parts were all carefully placed and labelled. Each part type being kept ether in it's own box or on a specific space on her shelfs. Her tools were organised likewise. Small personal projects lay, half finished, on a coffee table, both small machines and more simple traditional crafts. Such as torn clothes which she was in the process of darning. In one corner of the room stood a shabby full length mirror, and next to it a simple stick figure stand with a bucket hung over it for a head, a smily face crudely painted on.

There were only two places in all of the room which differed from her organisation, the first was her lockers. She had two rows of two lockers separated by a small table with a mirror on it against one wall. It was here that Sammi kept her most prized and intimate possessions. Ranging from the only feminine clothes and make up she owned to the metal box which she kept stocked with the one brand of biscuits she used to love as a child. When she ate them they reminded her of happy times with her father. It was comforting. There was also an additional mix of mementos and nick-nacks she'd picked up since her escape. The second was her bed.

Sammi removed most of her outfit, hanging her overalls next to the full length mirror on a wire coat hanger. She washed in the fold out sink and then examining her metal flesh in full in the reflection. It had been a trying day, so many emotions, and that strange feeling in her stomach, what was all that about? She rubbed her eyes, maybe she'd picked up a bug or something... Sammi crossed to the lockers. There were a lot of objects in here that could hold her attention. But right now she was only interested in the metal container. She removed the box and took a biscuit out of it. Biting down on the sugary treat with a slight happy sigh. She took out three more and replaced the box. Taking the snacks with her.

To call it a 'bed' would be generous. It was more of a nest. A huge pile of blankets and duvets intermixed with a number of stuffed toys. Some bought, some handmade. All of them cute and childish in their own way. Sammi's method of sleep was to crawl into this pill and cuddle up with one or more of the toys. They were her guardians, her sleeping defenders, they watched over her while she slept. Sammi might only be able to sleep in the presence of a running machine, but she was only able to sleep happily in the presence of her teddies. She felt both strangely embarrassed and hugely protective of them.

Sammi crawled into the midst of the sheets. Curled up and warm in the bed-pile with three of her toys held tightly in her arms, Sammi made one last attempts to dig up some concrete information on supernaturals. Munching on the biscuits in an attempt to stave off her slowly drooping eyelids. But despite her best efforts, blissful sleep overcame her. The Tab slipped from her fingers and reverted to sleep mode.

Sammi knew nothing of the stow away Vampire, and she would continue to know nothing until she awoke. But for now, Sammi slept deeply, if a little fitfully. Dreaming of a dark, ever encroaching field of thorns, and the mighty giant wolf which stood guard over her, warming her with it's fur and scaring away the oncoming darkness.

Luarien
Apr 27, 2013
Arjuna

Arjuna feels a sudden wave of...curiosity. As if something had changed in the ebb and flow of Fate around him. Though he was no longer seeing the world through the eyes of the Sybil, he always maintained a particular sensitivity to the whims of Fate, a sensitivity that played out in his Nimbus and in his personality. Not wanting to endanger his mission, as his every instinct and every message from his ruling Council implied that it was of the utmost importance.

Seeking guidance, he opens his suitcase and pulls out one of the two important items he carries with him everywhere - a small but ornate prayer rug. He unrolls it and begins a ritual as old as his family, a series of structured prayers that he uses as his Oblation. It begins with ritually washing his hands and face, then kneeling on the rug and repeatedly lowering his head and asking for guidance.

Surely, there was a way to complete what must be done, whatever that is.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Sammi I would like some kind of check to figure that out, sorry I wasn't clear about it in my previous post; this is completely my fault. Basically, if you want to find anything useful you need to roll either Intelligence and Computers, or Intelligence and Occult. Otherwise you'll find conflicting tales and myths. Get a 2 on Int+Occult, or a 3 on Int+Computers to find useful information. Roll 1 under either and I'll let you find out about Werewolves as it's more important to Sammi at the moment, but you can't find out something about Vampires.

JRS Draco Cargo Bay

pre:
"Popcorn is nutritionally lacking and expensive for what it provides.
We do not have any popcorn aboard captain.
There are two venues aboard the station that may be able to procure it.
I shall keep this in mind should crewman Cryil return."
Arjuna, do you want me to do something with your post? If so give me a quick idea of what you're looking for and I'll work with it.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
5d10.hitsopen(8,10)=3 Three successes. Go sleepy Sammi!

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
All good thanks for that.

Also, everyone can have 10XP for the events so far. This includes Arjuna and Nicodemus as well, even though you guys have been around less. I don't want to have people falling behind!

If you want to spend it on something, just mention what it is and how you learned or improved it. I don't necessarily want long training montages, but it's nice to try and tie stuff in together. I'll also be a little easier on learning stuff like Gifts or improving Arcana which normally require teachers, because you're moving around and it will make things a huge hassle. That said, when you land or get opportunities it'd be great if you plan to get something soon and go and find a teacher to justify purchasing it later.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 11, 2013

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Nicodemus

Nicodemus suppresses a slight sigh as the metal sheet is clanged again, as if something were laying across it. Apparently he had better get comfortable here, since the individual outside his crate didn't seem quite ready to let him out yet. The ship's thoughts on popcorn were amusing, and then slightly depressing; a good popcorn was one of the many things he missed from his mortal life!

"...So. I'm guessing your the captain of the ship then? Anything in particular I should call you?" the vampire asks through the crate. "Oh and, on that note, as an offer of good faith, if you're concerned about your crewmember, I could perform a divination for you in regards to him, if you're interested." 'And if you'll let me out of the drat orange juice crate', he thinks silently.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Just to check HiKaizer, would you be okay with me picking up a Duel Kith Merit at some point? I kinda wanna grab 'Wizened: Artist' to further improve Sammi's crafting abilities. But not right now, she's not got much reason to have such a thing emerge yet. It's up to you if I can or can't though.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Hunter
Hunter sighs, kicking up and hopping down from the titanium plate. Once he lands he pushes it down onto the ground with a clatter.
"I'm Captain for now, Stowaway. And before you think of trying anything, I remind you that I am armed."

Hunter is loving this, for once in his life he has someone else over a barrel, he doesn't have to hold back. They know it, and they can't do anything about it. He's positively giddy.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
You'd have some truly prodigious rolls if you did! I'm not really opposed to that, it'd be something to work towards as you've got prerequisites to fill and the book recommends setting it up which works fine with me. That said, as your crafting check is already fairly good I'd personally suggest considering diversifying a bit more if you can. If you want to pick up a Kith from a different Seeming like it has an option for in Winter Masques I'd be open to that as well.

Hunter, Nicodemus, if you guys want to finish this up soon I'll start moving the game along and introduce your first real tidbit of the plot.

Luarien
Apr 27, 2013
Arjuna
Nope, I was just saying I'm performing my Oblation, which is a meditative thing Mages can do. It generates 1 Mana and takes 15 minutes of focus to complete. If I remember correctly, as well, if anyone uses anything to see my aura my Nimbus is showing. I can describe that if necessary.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Ah cool. I was a little confused as you either need to do it near a Hallow or have a Legacy which I didn't think you had. However, considering that you'll be moving around a lot I'm willing to say that the Draco counts as a Hallow for Oblations, but is not actually a Hallow unless you buy such dots. That should allow you to keep up your Mana and let you keep on using your abilities I believe?

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Nicodemus

"Uh, okay. I think I can behave myself."

Very, very slowly Nicodemus slid the orange juice crate open, crawling out of it. He looked...well, frankly, a mess. Tattered pants, a grey t-shirt and a denim vest with half the buttons popped free, and of course the clinging scent of citrus around him like a cloud. He was short, maybe 5'5" if he stood up straight, with the unblinking, wide-eyed look that some vampires got as they got older, unable to hide properly hide their undead nature. He didn't look like he could beat up an alley cat, let alone Hunter.

"Um...hi." he said, robotic stare fixed on the captain. Outside the crate he seemed...lesser; it was as if being forced to confront someone face-to-face robbed him of some essential expression of confidence. "So...um...Captain...uh, that offer still stands, if you want to find out about your officer?" he offers, looking and sounding almost painfully self-conscious.

Kay, I'll try to finish this up as quick as I can. Also, not now but sometime in the future, I'd be interested in picking up Blood Tenebrous (Book of Spirits, p. 124-127) at some point, but that's a goal for later when we get somewhere that Nicodemus can find a teacher.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Hunter

Hunter looks the man over and can't help flinching a bit at his appearance and smell. He's not that tall, but very toned and somewhat menacing.

"I'm Captain Hunter Jeralt of the JRS Draco, welcome aboard my ship. There's a passenger quarters over there, and more importantly a Shower over there. We can discuss price and introduce you to the rest of the crew when you no longer smell like a fruit salad exploded."

He turns to walk back upstairs.

"And no, I don't want you to talk to my engineer, she's had a hard enough day and she's already been looked over by a doctor. No offense but you'd probably make her catatonic the way you look right now."

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Nicodemus

Nicodemus nods, and before he heads off to his quarters, takes a moment to fetch something out of the crate; it's a little altar, small but ornate. "Alrighty. Don't bother the lady engineer, understood."

He lugs the small altar with him and sets it gently in a corner of the quarters, and begins the rather hopeless task of getting himself clean; hopefully there was some form of laundry machine in here along with the shower.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
JRS Draco

The next day the Draco had finished reloading its supplies. There was no sign of Cryil, and so without much distress the crew of the Draco left him behind to whatever fate had befallen him on Sarissa Station. The first day of travel was relatively uneventful, Hunter swung by a gas giant to harvest some of the atmospheric gasses with the Draco's bussard ram-scoops which afforded the crew the exciting view of the top tidbits of the planet's atmosphere. It was a swirling sea of blue-green gasses that would have gleefully sucked the ship down into their depths had it not been for the engines. The crew was saved from the turmoil thanks to the anti-grav and intertial dampeners in the ship. After the Draco had left the gravity well and punched in the co-ordinates for the FTL drive the engines kicked in and they surged forward. It would take about four days to reach Jovun and until then they were all stuck inside the Draco for good or for ill.

That night though everyone had a very strange and disturbed night of rest.

Penelope: You are sitting at a table, in front of you is a simple wooden box. A whispering voice asks repeatedly, "Who are you? What do you want?" It never seems to hear any answers you give it. The latch on the box in front of you is undone. Do you open it or not? The dream ends when you decide not to, or when you begin to open it.

Hunter: You're running, constantly running from something large and formless behind you. Every time you sneak a look behind you there is nothing save for an engulfing darkness and a sense of anger. Ahead there's a moon in the distance, shining pallidly against the void. Every time you glance back its phase changes. You wake up in a cold sweat.

Sammi: You're standing in a room with mirrored walls. The floor is made of pure blackness and you are reflected off into eternity. On the other side of the room stands you. Except it's wearing a mask, like on of the old masks worn at a masquerade. "It's okay, just sleep. I can take over." The other you says gently. Then it takes off the mask and you scream soundlessly. There's no eyes, no mouth, no nose, nothing. Just an empty abyss that tries to swallow you whole. "I'm you now." You wake up in a silent scream.

Arjuna: You are struggling to keep afloat in an inky black sea of darkness. Beside you there is an ancient and terrible entity so large that you can't comprehend its full size. It breaches the surface like a whale coming up to breathe. As you struggle not to drown from the displaced darkness you can feel it sensing around it. Its awareness pauses on you for a moment, but then seems to slide away. You wake up feeling like someone was watching you.

Nicodemus: You're hungry. You need to bite, tear, drink, whatever will get you blood. But there's nothing around you. Just an empty void of endless nothing and your sense of hunger. You yell out in frustration and your voice comes back in a distorted echo. The entire void turns and seems to look into you. Hunger consumes your awareness and you wake up biting your hand.

If you want to do some stuff in the past, just mark it as the Past. Just make sure to clearly label what's past and present if you do.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Nicodemus - Passenger Quarters

The sudden lurch to wakefulness is never kind for any of the Kindred, nor are the dreams birthed by a day's (was that even the right word when there was no sunrise or sunset?) torpor. This one, though...was a bad one. Reminded him of his first night as a vampire; the nightmare of the Hag he'd suffered had never quite faded away, and the sensation of being watched that he'd felt reminded of it. He extracted his fangs - with no small amount of confusion - from his hand, and glanced about him. The intense sensation of hunger was still fresh in his mind, which confused him, as he was quite sure he'd fed himself nice and full before stowing away.

"...the gently caress?" he mumbled, and stumbled out of bed. Had be been alive, he'd have almost certainly woken up in a sweat, pale and shivering, but those days were behind him. Making his way over to the altar, he snatched a little divining bowl, filling it with water and setting upon the altar, preparing for a ritual working. Visions and strange dreams were omens that Nicodemus had learned not to ignore, and so he went to work.

Over the bowl he held his hand, little pinprick fang-holes still visible, and willed the blood to well up and escape, dripping into the water as he circled his hand over the bowl. "Show me truth, oh Crone. Grant me your wisdom, and reveal what dark force has turned it's visage my way." he intoned, closing his eyes as he willed the power in his vitae to form a vision to guide him.

Drops of Destiny Ritual: 8d10o10h8 5

Luarien
Apr 27, 2013
Arjuna
Hallows are natural places of power, so if the Draco is one, I would have noticed immediately. They're not like Havens that are built that way, they're always Hallows. The Hallow background means I have regular access to one - so even without it, the Draco may occasionally be a Hallow due to its location (say around ley lines or something) but not necessarily always a Hallow when I need it to be. In this case, since the Legacy I might take is probably difficult to get into since it requires teachers, he's performing one of his oblations to center himself, since it's a personal prayer. I've always used the oblation, Nimbus, and casting style as a way to "customize" the feeling of my characters, so they have a theme. Plus the performance builds Resonance, making it easier to build a Sanctum on the ship as it is "accustomed" to me.

I could swear that one of the later books included an Oblation away from the Hallow for a single point of Mana as well, but I'm not finding it right now so I may be mistaken. Probably mistaken. It's been a while since I read through all of the books.

The long and the short of it is he's meditating right now while waiting for the inevitable conversation with Hunter or until the activity of the ship makes his attention necessary.

Arjuna, shaken by the nature of his dream, immediately sends a note of worry along the unseen pathways back to his Benefactors. While they would be of little help, to be sure, they should know that there is...something, something terrible, amiss right now.

He spends most of the morning honing a Rote he's been trying to develop in his spare time, seeking out the flaws to further his personal enlightenment and combine two of his most used defensive techniques into one simple Mudra.

Luarien fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jun 13, 2013

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Ah, I just read the section on the merit as it was the thing that would apply directly mechanically in this case and forgot you'd sense it. I'd planned to leave the Draco kind of nebulous like that so that the players could have the freedom to build it up a little. So if saying it's sometimes a Hallow means you can claim it later if you want then that sounds better to me. In a similar way if Hunter takes some dots in Locus I'd write in it developing one as well.

Is there something I can do to get you more involved until Kurieg's timeline catches up to you a little? You've not had a lot of chance to get involved compared to the others and I don't want you to feel left out.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Right I'm stuck between putting the 10xp into a dot of Wyrd and a one dot merit, or a dot of Occult, two one dot merits/first dot of a affinity contract, and the first dot of another skill/speciality.

Sammi

Sammi woke up screaming, but no sound came out of her horrified mouth. She frantically struggled out of her bed and rushed to her table mirror. A panicked hand checking her face for it's features or lack thereof. They were all there, but it still didn't reassure her at all. Her stomach twisted uncomfortably as she realised that she was looking into a mirror, and she turned away hurriedly, desperate to remove the possibility of the terrifying visions occurring again.

She clutched her arms to her chest in some attempt to find some comfort. It was a futile action, she was shaking too hard to gain any solace from it. Sammi didn't want to be alone, so she grabbed one of her blankets and a little chibi corporate mascot doll and ran from the room. She headed up to the communal area. Hoping that someone would be there. Even if they weren't she felt safe in that space, there were no mirrors there. She would make herself a drink and calm down.

Hopefully...

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Not sure where I'll put the experience yet -- I'll just sit on it for the time being. Also I feel like "ship day" is a decent enough term to indicate a spaceship's arbitrary day/night cycle

Penelope

Penelope felt her hands jam the latch of the box closed again. Then she woke up. For a long moment, Penelope stared up at the ceiling, piecing together where she was. In space. A transport. The Draco. Slowly, she got out of bed, stretching uneasily as she tried not to think too hard about the dream she'd just had.

She checked her handheld as usual, only out of habit. As she knew it would, her schedule for the day just said 'space transit.' It took her a few minutes to dress and have herself in order. After that, she left the cabin in search of something resembling caffeine that did not come in a pill bottle. Pointedly, she left her gun in her cabin. She wasn't paranoid enough to need to carry it around the ship. And it would only raise very awkward questions if anyone noticed.

As she entered the common area, Penelope saw Sammi, and gave her a friendly looking smile. "Good morning," she said. "Did you sleep well?"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Hunter
I'll just put 3XP into picking up my first dot of Intimidate and keep the other 7 XP around until I find a better use for it. The character sheet will be updated later

Hunter awakes panting in his wolf-form, buried in blankets. Of course that's expected, since that's how he went to sleep. Gnawing through your pillow in a sleep-driven blind panic is a new one on him, though. Hopefully that dream was just a dream, cause if he pissed off a Lune somehow his life is about to become hell. Moon spirits are mercurial and vindictive, literally living above the world tends to do weird things to your perspective, and Hunter wasn't a part of the terrestrial borne pacts that protected Lunar Uratha.

The wolf shakes off the remnants of his cloth den and stretches as he reverts to the human shape. One bad dream isn't enough to change the necessary day to day operations of a spaceship. He checks the flight plan, error logs, trajectories, any auto-corrections that MAVOC may have had to do during the night, then takes a shower, dresses, and heads out to the kitchen to make breakfast. Specifically to make lots of ham and pancakes.

"Hi you two, sleep well?"

Luarien
Apr 27, 2013
Arjuna
This is fine, actually. While I'm not super-involved right now, I am probably the least stable, living situation wise, player so I can take advantage of longer gaps in my attention being necessary. I'll spend my XP later, probably, due to that very thing.

Fearing for the general safety of the crew after the unsettling morning he's had, once he's reached the wall on his Rote studies Arjuna moves to the common area with something to read and a friendly smile. His suitcase seems to be always at hand as well.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi

Sammi yawns and rubs the sleep from her eyes as first Penelope, then Hunter, and lastly Arjuna enter the room. Sitting down at the table with the blanket draped over her shoulders, she shyly greeted them in turn. She would make something to eat, but her hands were still shaking a little too much for Sammi to trust herself with anything sharp. But she could make drinks for people.

"H-Hi...! Miss P-Penelope, Hunter, Mr Doctor A-Arjuna, g-good morning...!" She said. "I-I've had better n-nights. Would anyone l-like something to d-drink?

Luarien
Apr 27, 2013
Arjuna
"Good morning, Sammi was it? Yes, I would, if there is tea available. It is a bad habit I picked up a long time ago." He smiles and reclines in his seat. "Are you feeling better today? You seem to still be shaken but your spirits seem to be returning."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi

"I-I feel much better, t-thank you for a-asking..." She tried to meet the doctors eye, but couldn't quite seem to do it. The memory of what she'd seen him to be causing her to try and inconspicuously focus roughly six inches beyond the back of his head. She rose from her chair and, toy in hand, walked over to the kitchen area, where Hunter had started operation Ham and Pancakes. She would make tea for the Doctor, and pour herself some Orange juice which she was at it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Hunter

The captain waved with the noncommittal sincerity of a man who had not had his coffee yet. Caffeine was a dangerous toxin to wolves, but he didn't foresee himself needing to shapeshift in the few hours it would take him to work it out of his system. Not that he would have the privacy to do so either.

When Sammi got closer, he looked at her and spoke quieter so the others couldn't hear.
"Are you really okay, or do you just not want another visit to the doctor?"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi

Sammi gave a tiny shake of her head, an almost unnoticeable movement, but one which said so much. Turning her back to the others so that only Hunter could see her face, Sammi pulled a worried expression. "A-A dream, a r-really bad one. My k-kind takes dreams VERY seriously! S-So having one about being s-swallowed by an a-abyss coming from the h-holes where my f-face should be from a something t-that looks like me c-claiming that it was going to t-take me over is...!" She chewed on her lip while she thought of the right way to put it. "I-I don't know w-what it means but I-I'm terrified..." Sammi whispered. She was practicing a new policy of honesty with Hunter, and something as serious as a nightmare was something which needed to be shared.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Hunter

Hunter nods almost imperceptibly as he goes about the work of making breakfast.

"Yes, that is troubling, since I had a nightmare last night too."

He flips a flapjack high before catching it on a plate and handing it to Sammi, not even breaking stride as he starts pouring another one, raising his voice so the others could hear.

"Did anyone else have nightmares last night?"

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Penelope

"Tea is fine for me as well, if you're already making it," Penelope said, taking a seat at the table. She preferred coffee usually, but she wasn't terribly fussy when it came down to it. Clearly, the food situation on this ship was going to be much less grim than it had been on her previous transport. That had all been water-activated sim products, designed to provide all of the sustenance a human body needed to run efficiently and absolutely none of the satisfaction that that body's owner needed to be happy.

She tried not to stare while the crew members muttered something between themselves. Hunter's question took her a little off guard. "Nightmares?" she considered the question for a moment. It was hard to call the dream she'd had anything else, but she had certainly had worse. It hadn't been about the Fortuna colony again, at least. "Well, I did have a dream," she allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi

Sammi brings over two cups of tea, a glass of juice for herself, and her breakfast to the table. Passing the teas to the Penelope and Arjuna. She re-settles into her seat.

• Locked thread