Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Any decent mods for Breakdown?

Been googleing but I can't find anything specific. Would be very happy with a "zombie's don't run" mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

There's a couple of combination mods, I use parts of the George Romero Mod.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Looked it up but it seems the latest Romero mod update only works with Lifeline

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Nckdictator posted:

Looked it up but it seems the latest Romero mod update only works with Lifeline

Here's the version I have.

http://www.moddb.com/games/state-of-decay/downloads/george-romero-mod-t17-more-friends

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Patch Release

quote:

Just a few quick fixes. We're hoping that we fix the majority of the crashing issues that are hitting our PC players with this one. As per usual if you run into bugs, please post them in the Bugs Forum.

Addressed an area where the player could get out of the environment
Disabled Crytek!!! error message box, we just dump an error log and exit now.
Fixed the shipping container we thought was fixed but actually wasn't in the shipyard area.
Sasquatch is now immortal at the inception of the THE mission
Julene Horn is now only scripted to die once, leaving only one Rucksack. **Affects the cases in which she dies during the mission, AND the case where the player dies.
Supply Run with Kilo mission now does not trigger when he is a follower.
Fixed an audio crash on continuing a game

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Is there a fix for the watchtower at the trucking warehouse? No one is using it anymore and that's the main thing lessening my enjoyment of this game. I actually think it's kind of fun that zombies flood my base every time I load in. Sets the tone.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

So, I've been playing the campaign and it's been a few days, in and out of game, and the next story mission, the one that opens the way to the northwest town, hasn't shown up. Is there a trigger I should be aiming for?

El Seven
Jan 15, 2012
Here is some information on the Xbox One version of State of Decay.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

El Seven posted:

Here is some information on the Xbox One version of State of Decay.

If they can get this down to $20 on Steam, and the visuals really are better, I'll buy it.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

bitcoin bastard posted:

If they can get this down to $20 on Steam, and the visuals really are better, I'll buy it.

I'm going to buy it because I am impulsive and bad with money. Also I have about 3 games on my XBone that I actually play and I need to do something to keep small animals from nesting inside of it.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Underwhelmed posted:

I'm going to buy it because I am impulsive and bad with money. Also I have about 3 games on my XBone that I actually play and I need to do something to keep small animals from nesting inside of it.

Computer for me. In Breakdown I was okay with just a controller, but I'm definitely glad I had the ability to switch over to mouse+keyboard for the sieges in Lifeline.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bitcoin bastard posted:

I'm gonna wait for a sale, but it will be mine. Such a great game.

I'd guess they've got some significant constraints on pricing with the cross platform and being published by MS?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Visual upgrades are all well and good, but I'd rather they had figured a way to reimplement all those glaring cuts in the main game.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

Basic Chunnel posted:

Visual upgrades are all well and good, but I'd rather they had figured a way to reimplement all those glaring cuts in the main game.

Yep, if there was new content like an expanded map or even access to that burned out school I'd be more likely to pick it up at launch. I'll probably wait for it to drop to 5 dollars at least if it's just a bump in graphics.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Or at the very least something like a mission system so the dudes sitting at base have something to do besides pick their noses. Will have to wait to see how the combat changes look but for just the graphics overhaul anything more than $10 seems silly.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Via the latest news on Steam:

quote:

State of Decay is full of dicks. In the process of upgrading the textures for the upcoming State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition, developer Undead Labs found masses of man-shafts hidden in the game's art.

"Some of our contractors worked a ridiculous amount of genitalia into the background," Undead Labs' senior designer Geoffrey Card told XBLA Fans. The towering total of tadgers aren't visible in the game itself—nor, it seems, in the PC version. The up-ressed textures of the game's improved special edition, however, brought the phalluses into focus.

Undead Labs was not aware of the textures in question until they began the process of exporting textures for State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition, and they are not visible in the original edition of State of Decay," a Microsoft representative told Game Informer. "Undead Labs is no longer working with the contractor in question, and this material will not be present in State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition.

That they aren't visible in the original version suggests that either the textures are further improved for the Year-One re-release, or that they're placed in locations that are hidden from player view—only rising into view as the dev team comb through the original assets. Maybe a modder could, er, root out the rods.

State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition is due out on PC (and Xbone) later this year.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
State of Decay: Is full of dicks

That's pretty hilarious. Wonder if someone can grab the uncompressed assets before they 'I assume' patch them out of the current game, curious how visable they are

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Tyler Durden, 2D Artist

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Danith posted:

State of Decay: Is full of dicks

That's pretty hilarious. Wonder if someone can grab the uncompressed assets before they 'I assume' patch them out of the current game, curious how visable they are

I hope so, that's loving great.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Game of the Year

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

That should be the new thread title. "State of Decay:it's full of Dicks "

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Have they said anything about the sequel? Last I heard it was going to be some sort of MMO.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I think it was supposed to be an MMO originally. Whatever the case, it was immensely successful on the 360 and I think the studio is partially owned by Microsoft (?) so yeah, we'll be seeing SOMETHING, hopefully. Something both fun and finished

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
And exclusive to the Xbone no doubt.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Who else is excited to pick up the Year One re-polish tomorrow?

Can't believe this thread is dead and seven pages back with it coming out tomorrow. Anyone know what time it unlocks? (GMT)

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

ChogsEnhour posted:

Who else is excited to pick up the Year One re-polish tomorrow?

Can't believe this thread is dead and seven pages back with it coming out tomorrow. Anyone know what time it unlocks? (GMT)

Looks like it unlocks at the usual time (1 pm EST - is that 6 pm GMT?)

As for the re-release - it's a little too late, I think, especially if you already had the original and DLC - doesn't seem to add much outside of improved graphics, the other things they're adding aren't going to make me buy it again for $20. The Xbone reviews for it seem to indicate that it shares a lot of the same glitches as the original version, which doesn't sound promising either.

El Seven
Jan 15, 2012
Allegedly there is a Day 1 patch that is supposed to remove some of the remaining glitchiness. Since the game is being shipped on disc, it had to be sent to the printers (or whatever) before all they wanted to do with it could be completed.

As for the Xbone version, my understanding is that existing customers are not the target for this port. Microsoft paid Undead Labs to port the game to Xbone since Microsoft wanted to market it to as wide an audience as possible. That returning players are given a discount and some (limited) exclusive content is a nice bonus! :)

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
No discount for the people who already have it? Boo

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Saint Sputnik posted:

No discount for the people who already have it? Boo

33% Discount on Steam

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.

Bondematt posted:

33% Discount on Steam

Same on Xbox.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Bruteman posted:

Looks like it unlocks at the usual time (1 pm EST - is that 6 pm GMT?)

As for the re-release - it's a little too late, I think, especially if you already had the original and DLC - doesn't seem to add much outside of improved graphics, the other things they're adding aren't going to make me buy it again for $20. The Xbone reviews for it seem to indicate that it shares a lot of the same glitches as the original version, which doesn't sound promising either.

If they told me there was going to be more DLC content or something dependent on it I might pick it up.

Unfortunately 7 Days to Die, the amazingly anal mod community, and the number of issues I have to crack open the files and fix to make it as good as it could be chased me off of the game. Releasing a graphical update and a single mission isn't going to increase the replayability that much.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Bondematt posted:

33% Discount on Steam

Oh, rad, there wasn't last time I checked.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Unless the graphical update improves efficiency I can't even handle it on my computer. I average maybe 20 fps with mid-level settings.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Eh. I'm trying to beat the story mode right now. Brimstone mod has improved some of it and I've integrated all the Breakdown and Lifeline weapons, but I don't think a graphical update and small amount of added content is really encouraging me to buy a second copy. I'd really love if the game was more open for modding, at the very least replacing the generic "7.62mm" and ".45" and ".50" ammo with specific ones for the correct weapons.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Oh hey, it's out on Steam!

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I put a little blurb about Year One in the OP, and there will probably a change to thread title today. I don't own a XBONE and my computer can't really run the new release so that's probably going to be all I'm going to do. I'll keep an eye on the thread still, and if there's something you guys thinks definitely needs to be the OP let me know.

Also if someone would wants to write up a post about mods that they want to keep updated I'll see about throwing it in the op. I'll probably just quote the post so you can go back and change things in it as you see fit and try and re-quote it whenever changes are made to it.

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
Thoughts on Year One? I'm reluctant to buy. $20 seems a bit much for a graphical update and a samsquanch.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I'm just starting out, and I'm feeling incredibly stressed by all of the (at least, seemingly) time-sensitive missions. The story mission I'm on is to find dog medicine to cram down Ed's throat, and that seems fairly pressing, but within the space of about five minutes Lily radioed me to a) check a potential loot house, b) rescue Marcus from zombies, c) make contact with another group of survivors, and d) clear out two infestations. Is there any way to tell which missions will keep, and which ones need to be prioritized?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

My take: Go at your own pace and don't sweat the details. MOST side missions, when left to expire, generate a morale hit and maybe a slight resource drain, both of which will be dwarfed by the gains you make doing other things. I'd say leave the infestations until you're comfortable with combat (but be sure to get some trapped outposts around your base, since the infestations will spawn hordes), and definitely stay away from other survivors' base defenses until you've got it down, as they'll invariably involve a juggernaut or two. Be sure to note the distinction between base defense and offers to join you, because the latter usually has no downsides, provided you've got room for more people.

Beyond that, retrieving lost survivors is usually not a super pressing issue unless you're short on hands to go on supply runs. They'll usually (usually) just take a morale hit and come home, but if you've got the time, might as well go get them. I only do the zombie hunt missions when there's literally nothing else to do, though armored zombie hunts are loving cakewalks unless you somehow only use guns.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Hmm okay, thanks for the feedback! :)

What about survivor in trouble missions, e.g. "Someone from our group is stuck at <waypoint>, please help them"? I keep doing those right off the bat, because I'm paranoid someone will die/get crippled if I'm not around.

• Locked thread