Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Apparently they're doing another stream next Monday to make up for it.

Have another contest:

Show off your home town on it's last day on earth. Sanya will send you a music track, and you use it make a mini-documentary on your home town. 50 people get the soundtrack, and 10 people get a free copy of the game.

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Zombie games don't really have an outstanding track record but I do appreciate that they're not trying to make something realistic and bland. The more Dead Rising stuff there is the better. :toot:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

IGN is doing a 15 minute Let's Play everyday for State of Decay until the game comes out.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/30/another-day-in-the-zombie-apocalypse-ign-plays-state-of-decay-episode-1

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Dr.Oblivious posted:

IGN is doing a 15 minute Let's Play everyday for State of Decay until the game comes out.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/30/another-day-in-the-zombie-apocalypse-ign-plays-state-of-decay-episode-1

I don't know if it was a slip of the tongue or what, but they said it's coming out on June 5th. They also said their review would be up that day, so I don't think it's a mistake.

They mentioned there's some issues with the aiming, frame rate, and clipping, but it didn't seem to be enough to dampen their fun.

Also, you can stealth kill zombies.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
I hope this makes it to PC. I first heard about State of Decay back when there was a War Z thread (:laugh:) and someone posted a gameplay vid that made it look really fun.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
There's going to be a stream of State of Decay today around "lunch time" here, according to the guy's twitter

Here's the first 20 minutes of gameplay with Spanish commentary.

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 11:47 on May 31, 2013

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

lady blue shanghai posted:

I hope this makes it to PC.

The devs have pretty much confirmed that it will, but not until later in the year due to their development deal with Microsoft.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Mokinokaro posted:

The devs have pretty much confirmed that it will, but not until later in the year due to their development deal with Microsoft.

Yup, they started work on it about a month ago, but have been pretty quite about it aside from that.

New video is up on IGN

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
New hands on article went up yesterday on OXM UK

Some footage from the failed Undead Labs stream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD54Jr04AOQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMZK7_smLbY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buNp04j6-zM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUia76B51Wg

The lunch stream from Polygon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apJgU-pc2Is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCscY6AQUBg

There's a new article up Undead Labs detailing the certification process, and where they are in it. Kind of an interesting read if you want to know more about what goes into making a game. They are in the final stage of certification which is basically making sure you can play the game all the way to the end with no major bugs breaking the game or your xbox. If nothing horrible happens, and they finish up by Tuesday, the game should be out the 5th. If something does go wrong, or certification takes longer than they expect, then they're going to be rescheduling for the following Wednesday. Repeat until game is out.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
There's going to be another stream today at 11 AM PDT.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
And it's official. Game is out Wednesday.

http://undeadlabs.com/2013/06/news/6-5-13/

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Do we know when Wednesday? I'm in the UK, so I'm wondering when it'll come out in my time zone.

Oh well, I'm still excited for this.

Kirk Muscle
Oct 21, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

Wow, I didn't have my hopes up for this week at all! Great news! Looks like its going to be 1600 points, I wonder when we will see some reviews?

Kirk Muscle
Oct 21, 2008

OldMemes posted:

Do we know when Wednesday? I'm in the UK, so I'm wondering when it'll come out in my time zone.

Oh well, I'm still excited for this.

I think it's usually 11am UK time

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just heard about this game this weekend and it has instantly shot up to the top of my must play list. Its kind of crazy how nobody else has ever made a zombie survival game with a focus on surviving instead of just killing zombies.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Mokinokaro posted:

Excellent news.

Kirk Muscle posted:

Wow, I didn't have my hopes up for this week at all! Great news! Looks like its going to be 1600 points, I wonder when we will see some reviews?

IGN's review is going up the 5th as well, so I expect that's when we'll start seeing them.

EDIT: Speaking of IGN, episode 3 of their let's play is up.

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 3, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like the way you "buy" things in the game. Instead of using money you have influence, as in your fellow survivors think well enough of you that they let you use supplies as you see fit.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Wow, you even get a eulogy when a character you control dies. I like that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The character dying in that IGN video and getting literally torn in half was pretty brutal.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

The character dying in that IGN video and getting literally torn in half was pretty brutal.

Yeah, I love that. Reminds me of Day of the Dead. I really hope they scream "CHOKE ON IT!" sometimes.

EDIT: New OXM article.

I'm trying to find a recording of the live stream from today, but there don't appear to be any up yet.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, Today's Livestream:
part 1
part 2
part 3.

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 3, 2013

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Man these IGN guys sell the game so much better than the UndeadLabs people. Some genuinely pretty loving terrifying things happen to them in this episode. Where the UL livestream from what I saw was mostly them driving around in cornfields.

homeless snail fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 3, 2013

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure the UL stream is from a lot later in the game. Their party seems to be far more established than the early game IGN play.

EDIT: Yeah, if you look at their home status they're in dev mode or something since they have 999 of all supplies.

EDIT2: \/ I didn't watch it long enough but they actually admit to "cheating" only a few minutes into the first video when they check the supply stash.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 4, 2013

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Mokinokaro posted:

I'm pretty sure the UL stream is from a lot later in the game. Their party seems to be far more established than the early game IGN play.

EDIT: Yeah, if you look at their home status they're in dev mode or something since they have 999 of all supplies.

They're in Dev mode. They magically change the time of day at one point. Some of those Radio Channels are debug menus and there won't be that many in the final game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The more I read about this game, the more excited I am getting. One of the first things that got me excited to get a 360 years ago was reading the Dead Rising 1 thread that was in games, reading about all the awesome stuff in the game, and when I got my 360 and Dead Rising I was very happy. I am hoping the same thing happens this time with this game after getting my two remaining 1200 points from the Microsoft Store deal.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
OXM Review 8.0

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
This reminds me of Fort Zombie, which was pretty lovely in terms of performance and bugs. This looks cool though.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
This sounds pretty good. How much of it is randomly generated aside from characters? I assume it's based around a preset campaign since there's a mention of storyline NPCs in the OP?

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Seems like the there is a preset storyline. Developers have also that there is definitive end and no post credit free roaming like in the GTA games.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
How much sandboxy loving around is there to do anyway? Are you pressed to do the main storyline or can you just dick around surviving for the sake of itself?

hitachi
May 2, 2003

Hail to the King, baby

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Seems like the there is a preset storyline. Developers have also that there is definitive end and no post credit free roaming like in the GTA games.

How old is that information? At the end of the review in the random notes section there is this quote

• Don’t be afraid to complete State of Decay’s final mission. Even after the credits roll, you’ll still be able to continue from just before it starts, so your crew’s story need never truly end.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I was just going by what I read in the OP. Glad it looks like it is wrong though. Hopefully there will be a bunch of side missions and stuff to find after the game ends.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
A Wednesday instead of a Tuesday? That's super uncommon.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

poptart_fairy posted:

How much sandboxy loving around is there to do anyway? Are you pressed to do the main storyline or can you just dick around surviving for the sake of itself?

It looks like after the tutorial things go very sandbox. The plot parts are similar to GTA in that they can be ignored for the most part.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
Did anyone else do a doubletake between this and http://www.deadstate.doublebearproductions.com/ ?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

They aren't really comparable, State of Decay is an open world third-person survival/action game while Dead State is a turn based RPG.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Mokinokaro posted:

It looks like after the tutorial things go very sandbox. The plot parts are similar to GTA in that they can be ignored for the most part.

I hope so. I have Skyrim for my shenanigans, but a more survivalist take on the sandbox would be great. Kind of annoyed I'm doing an evening shift tomorrow that starts about an hour after Dead State goes live though, oh well. :saddowns:

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.

Interstellar Owl posted:

A Wednesday instead of a Tuesday? That's super uncommon.

Not sure when they started this, but Wednesday has been the release date for arcade games for a while now.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."

losonti tokash posted:

Not sure when they started this, but Wednesday has been the release date for arcade games for a while now.

Oh, didn't know that, well I guess that sorta makes sense...

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
If only I had a working xbox instead of an ouya right now.
This looks pretty cool, and I'm glad that more and more games seem to be coming out that involve permadeath.

'cept for the zombies of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

hitachi posted:

How old is that information? At the end of the review in the random notes section there is this quote

• Don’t be afraid to complete State of Decay’s final mission. Even after the credits roll, you’ll still be able to continue from just before it starts, so your crew’s story need never truly end.

Some of the stuff in the OP is out of date. That particular bit is from PAX East before they settled on what to do about post-game and kept giving different answers, that was the most depressing answer so I ran with it. But the review article is correct, it creates an auto-save just before the last mission, so you can load it when you're done with the story.

THE PWNER posted:

This sounds pretty good. How much of it is randomly generated aside from characters? I assume it's based around a preset campaign since there's a mention of storyline NPCs in the OP?

There's randomly generated NPC's, loot spawns, and missions. There's also a few static NPC's and a set storyline.

poptart_fairy posted:

I hope so. I have Skyrim for my shenanigans, but a more survivalist take on the sandbox would be great. Kind of annoyed I'm doing an evening shift tomorrow that starts about an hour after Dead State goes live though, oh well. :saddowns:

Sup, can't play because of work buddy. :(:respek::(

I'm going to try and spruce up some stuff in the OP a little later today, if anyone sees something that they think needs added/removed/fixed just let me know.

EDIT: IGN Play's State of Decay Episode 4

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 4, 2013

• Locked thread