Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Is there any way to improve anti aliasing with a Radeon card? I messed around the the Catalyst control centre and it either looked terrible or made the landscape transparent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Skandranon posted:

Rifle specialization still isn't even functional on PC.

What do you mean? The bullet time works fine.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Skandranon posted:

That's not rifle specialization, that's the general level 7 skill you can get. Rifle spec is supposed to cause you to automatically get headshots more often, but it's a mechanic that's only implemented on console. On PC, it does nothing at all.

Ah, okay.

I finished the vanilla game last night - average to blah ending, but what a splendid game it is overall. Now for Breakdown.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I'm skeptical that this will actually be the outcome, though. If they've still got lootable buildings and stuff, things will be pretty easy, I think. You'll run out of ammo for your high-tier weapons, sure, but melee has always been the best route and you can certainly train and melee whole hordes with the right character.

I'm guessing, and hoping, that this won't be the case. It's not like it's hard to fix with a few tweaks, after all.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Also another useful tip is giving someone in the watchtower a bigass gun like a grenade launcher; it never uses actual ammo, so they'll just rain down abstracted fire all day long.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

afkmacro posted:

I recently bought the game and dlcs and have only played like an hour so far. I've been mostly reading the last few six or seven pages and OP for how tos and tips. I see people mention gameplay mods but are there any recommended graphical mods? The UI looks pretty bad in particular.

Not that I've seen. It's not a looker, but there are some nice moments with the original game's music kicking in as you climb a tower at dusk, the lighting is decent.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tai posted:

How much of my poo poo is going to be hosed up if I don't play for a week or something along that time frame? Its the only negative effect I see so far with the game if I decide not to play for awhile and then coming back to sod all influence, no food, low morale etc.

I think it's okay as long as you are reasonably stocked up on food and medicine etc. If you've already been getting warning messages then you're risking survivor death.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

State of Decay sold 2 million copies without any advertising.

Plus they're doing an Xbox One version with upscaled graphics and whatnot - Year One Survival Edition.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bitcoin bastard posted:

If they can get this down to $20 on Steam, and the visuals really are better, I'll buy it.

I'm gonna wait for a sale, but it will be mine. Such a great game.

I'd guess they've got some significant constraints on pricing with the cross platform and being published by MS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

How much better is the updated version of the original game?

• Locked thread