Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Chiming in with another recommendation here. This really seems to be an incredibly addictive game. I'm finding it pretty blurry though, the resolution is bad, but that's probably because I've been playing mainly PC for the past year so have grown accustomed to 1080p. I'll probably end up getting this on PC as well, just to see it nice and sharp. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Man ok this game is loving great, I can totally look past the slightly crappy graphics and the bugginess of it because its just so drat fun. I decided to move my survivors to a farm pretty much in the centre of the map, seems like a good place to hunker down. Heavy melee is also the way to go, holy crap it's fun to bodyslam a zed then smash his head in like a melon with a huge sledgehammer.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
One question - It mentions in the op that outposts need to be maintained? I haven't seen anything in game like this. All I know of outposts is it costs influence to set one up, then you can use it as a safe zone with a locker and traps.

Is there anything I'm missing to it? Wondering if I can just set up a lot of them at once.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Jonny Retro posted:

I need to put a disclaimer in the OP. A lot of that is stuff from PAX East and may be out of date or misunderstood. I'm working on getting everything fixed up, but it's taking time.

But, I had my people use some supplies to repair the walls last night, so it seems like a thing.

Yeah I thought that would be the case. It wasn't a dig at your op at all, it's really good, just little things like that can be a bit vague from previews that's all.

losonti tokash posted:

The game keeps telling me to move my base into the middle of the towns, which seems like a horrible idea. Is there one more into the countryside that's available?

There's a farm almost in the middle of the map, the base is call McReady's Farmhouse. It's surrounded by fields and has quite a lot of space.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Rabid Pancake posted:

For those of you on the fence about relocating to one of the residences in town- They're not that bad. They're definitely not an "End Game" solution as they're still a little small, but they make it easy to put the hurt on the local houses and quickly stockpile resources. There's something to be said for having a very short walk to home base.

By strategically putting the 6 outposts at the road entrances to the northern town I've managed to pretty much lock that town down almost to the point where we can grill out.

Yeah while my base at the farm is pretty much impenetrable it does take an annoying amount of time to go scavenging for stuff seeing as you have to take a car every time.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Rirse posted:

Ugh, Ed is now in gravely ill after fighting a blotter and has the option to mercy kill him. :smith: Are they able to survive it if this happens or he good as dead?

This happened to me with Marcus. Somehow got himself hurt, then gravely ill, with the mercy kill mission. He's such a loving tank on my playthrough that I just ignored it and eventually he got better. I did have a survivor called Danica who is a paramedic though so she might have helped in some way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Jonny Retro posted:

Two of my survivors just got into a screaming match over whether or not the band Foghat sucks. :allears:

Obviously your only way to solve it is to mercy kill the person who thinks they suck, while shouting SLOOOW RIIIIDE in their face.

• Locked thread