Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I can't seem to start this game. It just blackscreens on start and slowly allocates memory form 250MB to around 280 by now and counting. Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Well, this game was as good as I hoped it'd be. Got the good ending and it really left me satisfied. Messed up my no-kill playthrough after I escaped the Red Line but oh well.

Also, if you speak Russian you should play the game in it -- the Russian voice acting is much better than the English one.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I think it's because consoles aren't as powerful and most AAA game sales are on consoles, so they don't waste money on getting better graphics for PC users.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Shannow posted:

I'd pay a fairly reasonable sum for an 'english voices by actual russians that can actually act' DLC.

Play the game with Russian voice and English subs. They don't always match up but it's superior to the English dub in any case.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

The part before you get on the fisherman's boat was awful.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

You can buy the quad barrel upgrade for the Duplet at a vendor, or find them in a few spots (I don't know where).

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

(Endgame spoilers) So, uhh, how did the Dark Ones get into D6? It always seemed kinda weird how they just stared at the missiles during the first vision, so perhaps they teleported or something?.

Also, what's the deal with Artyom as a kid and the Dark One saving him from mutants? I thought he just opened the door to VDNKh and ran away after hearing a noise but apparently there's more to it

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, that's my theory too.

I take it Khan appeared at the beginning of the game using the River of Fate, considering the "how did you get here" and all

I'm kinda hoping the sequel will use the good ending as basis because it was already really depressing having to deal with 2033's bad ending being canon. Then again, it makes you want to redeem yourself in Last Light.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

E: ^^ I think Artyom always was pretty clumsy.

Yeah, at the beginning you hear soldiers talking about how some doors in D6 are sealed or even seem shut from the inside, and that the radiation there is hot enough to cook an egg.

And I'm pretty sure that the little Dark One woke the hibernating Dark Ones up, since he says so when you get the vision after the Garden level

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I wish I had the Saiga with extended mag for that section. Duplet reload time is the worst.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

According to Steam achievement stats, 35% of people who own this game have the bad ending achievement, and only 5% the good one. Unsurprising, but looks like we're getting the bad end again for the next sequel :smith:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

There's a guide at http://metrovideogame.wikia.com/wiki/Moral_Points that I just followed loosely and it gave me the good ending. No idea how many points I ended up getting in the end.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, I hope so. They just said that the canon ending of 2033 was determined by player metrics, but it might as well be completely up to Glukhovsky.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Miltank posted:

So did I get the good ending or what? Artyom suicides the D6 compound and the dark ones are reborn

Bad ending: Artyom dies by self-destructing D6
Good ending: Artyom is stopped from flipping the switch by the little Dark One, other Dark Ones incapacitate/kill the Red Army

E: ^^ D6 does not blow up in the good ending

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, after that attempted rape I abandoned my no-kill run.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Endings are based solely on a check "do you have enough moral points" where every white flash gives you 1 moral point plus and every dark flash 1 moral point minus. In 2033 the threshold was around 20-25 points, not sure how high it is in LL.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

PureRok posted:

Go to the store page for Metro LL on Steam. It's not a pre-order bonus. Anyone who owns LL can download it. On the store page under the DLC stuff it will be listed there with "Free" next to it. "Buy" it and it will be in your Metro: LL folder under steamapps.

It's listed here on the site: http://store.steampowered.com/app/43163/

An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region.

Ughhh europe.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Put the difficulty higher. This game is harder on normal than on hard.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

On Normal, each Nosalis eats like 2 duplet rounds to the face. It's awful.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Just a warning, Roadside Picnic is nowhere like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. the game. It's still a great book though.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I felt the exact same way but opposite. Last Light, especially the last third, was much more moving than 2033 (or any game I've played and can remember)

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I think it actually improved the experience for me -- I was atoning for a bad deed the player character committed. I did get the good ending in 2033 but because it was well known that LL went with the bad ending I could live with it.

I didn't want to nuke your family little dark one :cry:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Miltank posted:

Is it ever really explained why the dark ones were killing people like crazy in the first game? That was the reason that they got missle'd right?

They tried to communicate and ended up frying people's brains in the process.

efb

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, in the good ending you don't explode.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Doniazade posted:

"Your location (SE) has been blacklisted."

What do you have against swedes :(

"Your location (DE) has been blacklisted."

What the hell.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Hit them in the right spot.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Russian voices in Metro are generally really good (I speak Russian so it's not just a "sounds good" thing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Dogen posted:

I think I usually have an auto shotty there and they get knocked off quite handily. Maybe it's a difficulty level issue, where paradoxically they soak more damage on lower difficulties?

That's exactly it.

• Locked thread