Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

I will certainly be here next Saturday - these past two weekend have been odd. Sorry all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Anias posted:

I will certainly be here next Saturday - these past two weekend have been odd. Sorry all.

I'm just glad you're okay, it's unusual for you to go without posting like that. I hope everything's alright.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Arivia posted:

I'm just glad you're okay, it's unusual for you to go without posting like that. I hope everything's alright.

I've had too much family time, and want to turn into a hermit as a result.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Anias posted:

I've had too much family time, and want to turn into a hermit as a result.

In this, I can oblige.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
This is way too loving common by now, but today's session is postponed.

I'm not feeling good, and I hate that this keeps causing problems. My sleep apnea has been acting up, and I've had roughly 2-4 hours in the last 24 hours, so I'm pretty strung out and not in a good gamemastering state of mind.

There's some minor scheduling issues with Anias and Sagan as well, so things really aren't great for most of us today.

That said, how about tomorrow? Wahad/Anias/Sagan are all okay for it, so if you're up for a game at the usual time Mega & Gao, then we'll get our game on tomorrow instead.

My apologies for the late notice, and I swear I'm trying to work on not being such a mess. I feel bad about letting you guys down like this, you deserve better.

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

Oh, no worries lady! About tomorrow, ummmm, I'll need to get back to you on that.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

As said - I should be fine tomorrow, and having today be a miss is actually really convenient due to annoying chores.

Sorry you didn't get enough sleep last night, good luck tonight!

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
"Something." - A famous guy
Tomorrow works for me.

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

Unfortunately it seems unlikely that I'll be able to be around today. But I'd feel bad if I was the only reason you guys didn't have a session today and wouldn't be upset if you guys went ahead without me this week.

Sorry.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
No game today either, sorry.

I hate doing this so late, but I'm still not over the sleep issues I was having yesterday. I tried staying awake so I could run stuff today for you guys, but now I'm so zonked out I couldn't even roll a random wand up as part of treasure.

Sorry. I know I say that too often, and it sucks, and you guys deserve better. I hate this.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

You have nothing to feel bad about. We still gets lot of sessions in and poo poo happens. It's good that you're focusing on your health; I just wish you hadn't tried to stay up in the first place.

Looking forward to next week.

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
Don't worry about it. See you guys next week.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Megaflare posted:

Unfortunately it seems unlikely that I'll be able to be around today. But I'd feel bad if I was the only reason you guys didn't have a session today and wouldn't be upset if you guys went ahead without me this week.

Sorry.

But I won't get to clarify my pm as a joke! Just read your question about it on roll20. More seriously, half the time I miss something SA related it's because I was looking at the user control panel and not the thread, so PMs are appreciated if I'm mia. Even if last week it wouldn't have helped with ten thousand small children invading my space.

Arivia, stuff happens don't feel too bad about needing sleep. I think we're all adults with lives, so we'll try for next week no big deal.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Thanks for the game everyone!

Sorry more children invaded your space, Anias.

Experience: 300 XP a piece!

Treasure: 502 sp, 140 gp, 16 pp, potion of resist energy (acid), scroll of flame arrow

Note: If people haven't yet, they should write some journal entries that cover this session/last session. Yay for hero points!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Hey everyone!

Looking forward to tomorrow!

If you guys aren't looking at the MIA thread, Sagan won't be available for a few weeks. My rule of thumb has generally been that if two players can't make it, we'll skip the session - so that means if we have 3/5 or less, it's not happening. How do you guys feel about that general idea going forward, I've been trying to make sure that not too many people miss out but I'm willing to play it a bit more by ear if you guys want to. Going by that rule of thumb though - and the fact that we don't have one player for the next few weeks - if you can't make it, please be sure to say so in here, since it means the session's off.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

I am Mia at family party today but won't object if things move without me.

Ugh.

I want to play fox instead of croquet.

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
I think the 3/5 thing is generally a good idea. Since Anias is out today, is it possible we could do this tomorrow, or is someone else busy then?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I'm up for tomorrow, sure. Regular time?

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
Regular time works for me. Hopefully it works for everyone else.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Tomorrow works.

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

Should be fine.

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
Well I'm going to be busy this Saturday. Any chance we can do this Sunday at the usual time instead?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Works for me! I hope it works for other people, I want to get back to plotting against the elves.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Just in case this thing happens again in the future; I'm always fine for sunday, barring unusual circumstances.

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

Megaflare posted:

Should be fine.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Anias isn't quite sure if he can make it - uncertain scheduling sort of thing. So I guess we'll show up at the regular time tomorrow and hope for the best?

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

phone post to say I will miss but please please play on without me. Don't want my time in the land of tulle to turn into everyone missing a day.

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

Is Sagan still away? If it'll just be 3 again I think we should just wait. I'm around though, whichever ya'll wanna do.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Megaflare posted:

Is Sagan still away? If it'll just be 3 again I think we should just wait. I'm around though, whichever ya'll wanna do.

Yes, he's still away. We'll wait then. Next week!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Hey everyone!

Because more people = more fun (and also will help us play a bit more often, with the numbers as they are right now), I've invited someone else to join the group. PixelScum (also known as Drakkar) will be playing a bard/warlord-y type.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

That's good - I'm going to be flakey until January, so if I can make it I will but if I can't I really don't want people missing their fun.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Ack!

Sorry everyone, I'm not sure if I can do tomorrow. We have been trying to get an electrician in for WEEKS to try and get some stuff done in the house and he keeps wanting to come by on Saturday before other things come up. (This was also the source of my past mentions of running a session from Starbucks, since I can't do anything on Roll20 with the power shut off in my place!)

Anyway, it looks like the stars are finally aligning to make that happen tomorrow, and I need to be around. I won't be absolutely sure until later tonight, but to be safe, are people okay for Sunday instead, regular time?

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
Sunday would work for me.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Just confirming: no game tomorrow, but I'm up for Sunday if you are.

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
Okay this is a fairly terrible character sheet but whatever: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/807390/Jev%20Character%20Sheet.pdf

Background posted:

He had an oddly... boring childhood as an ifrit with few hardships and even fewer twists. No indeed, he was destined to be just another cog in the endless machine. Jev did not like that, not one bit. He saw himself as the dashing rogue, the mysterious stranger, the handsome fool, and even the puckish rogue on occasion; however he was... less so.
He was sure he'd spend his life in abject monotony but one day a stranger came into town, and though he had no name and no title but Jev was completely enamoured. The man was tall, striking, and more importantly dangerous and Jev oft snuck into the tavern to hear his tales of bloody conflict on the fields of battle, and even more fantastic adventures. Well.. the day he left, so did Jev. Jev became everything he thought he was and more including and not limited to: a liar, a thief, a bit of a nuisance, and an unusually astute judge of character. Now he wanders the lands, searching for fame, fortune, and parties; lots of them.

He often tries to con otherwise upstanding folks out of well-earned gains and through this has had.. an unfortunate encounter or two with both Kiraj and Tryphon; ineffectual ones thankfully and he managed to safely escape before things got too dicey; though jail time was entirely possible. Jail time is ALWAYS possible with Jev, like an old friend just out of the rain.

Oh yeah and I'm all good.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Hey everyone! Thanks for the good session and fun times.

(Yes, ogres being addicted to cheese is my replacement for Pathfinder's incest-rape ogres. Ugh on the latter.)

I'll post XP and treasure in a little bit, but I wanted to remind everyone that next week's session is Sunday at the normal time.

Thanks again!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Treasure and XP!

55 sp
201 gp
15 pp
Small metal vial marked with a wing, liquid inside smells like sugar (potion of levitate)
Small jade slab covered in arcane runes (scroll of protection from arrows)

And 480 XP for the session :toot:

According to my notes (someone might want to double-check in case I got the math wrong) that puts you at 4684 XP, so after next session you'll likely be levelling up!

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Lootsplit! I forgot it last time so that money is included here.

Total for both sessions is 70pp, 6 gp, 7sp, divided by six equals 11pp, 7gp, 7sp per person.

People who want the scrolls or potions can have them; Tryphon has no particular need for levitate since he knows how to make it, and the resist energy is probably better served on melee characters.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Toss the potion of levitate at one of the melee, the prot from arrows at the other, call it good. (As usual with arcane stuff ipomea can cast it for you if there's a break, but if you have UMD it's probably better for you to carry it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
Yeah I'm good with the money split, no need for either the scroll or potion even though I have UMD anyway.

• Locked thread