Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

But but but...

Get well soon, viral sinus infection is awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
No game today. I hope it's almost over. I hope.

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
"Something." - A famous guy
I'll be celebrating Christmas with my family a bit early this Saturday, so I won't be at the next game.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
No game today. I'm finally out of the weeds, but I have some holiday stuff I need to do with family and so does Wahad.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
We are back on for tomorrow!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Arivia posted:

We are back on for tomorrow!

And now I've had two people say they can't make it due to feeling under the weather. No game I guess :(

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

=[

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Sadly I probably miss this saturday due to nursery painting, but could do sunday if other people want to try that.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Sunday sounds good to me unless more than 2 people can't make it (I know Wahad can't). Usual time? (3pm EST/noon PST)

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
Sunday works for me.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
No game today. I'm going to go hide under the covers until this headache clears because ow this hurts a lot.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
See you in just under 2 hours!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
:( Evil Sagan couldn't make it and PixelScum had something come up at the last moment so no game today.

BUT!

I am DETERMINED to play again SO

level up your lady or dude or neither or both to level 3! :toot:

In addition, I'll be checking everyone's gear and handing out extra loot to put you at the appropriate levels of wealthiness for level 3, so keep an eye on the thread!

Also Megaflare just to check, are you still interested in playing? I understand if stuff's changed since it's been a few months, just want to know what I'm balancing around

Also also: Next Saturday is HAPPENING. Be THERE.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Hey I'm running about a half hour late but will be there at 3:30.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
No game today.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
No game today. Holy hell I am old and cannot do the same things I used to be able to (translation: I got too drunk with sagan celebrating vday and now my stomach feels like a mess.)

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

I may miss today, unclear at this time.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Quick update!

I have been busy and haven't been able to post character creation/recruitment. This is okay since I managed to get two awesome players lined up already. Hashtag Yoloswag and RPZip will be joining us.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Hurrah!

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Hello friends :toot:

e: Making a bard to read all the books

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 28, 2014

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Hello peoples!

I'm making a Cavalier because I love mounted combat rules I hate myself kill me reasons.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

You're in luck. There's usually a horse around in our party.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Truly, ponies for all.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Character creation since I am super slow + super late:

-3rd level
-Any material in first party Pathfinder sources is fine (ie: poo poo produced by Paizo)
-25 point point buy
-2 traits and we're using hero points
-Medium progression, so you start with 5,000 xp and 3,000 gp
-Hit dice are 1/2 + a roll of the other half (so if you have a d12 HD, you get 6+d6 as your roll)
-Any race with roughly less than 25 RP (and no flying) from the Advanced Race Guide is fine; elves or half-elves are not good due to the current plot
-The party is pretty heroic, so you should fit in (ie: not evil, not stupidly mercenary)
-Feel free to use firearms or whatever if you want.

Don't break the system too hard. This is just a fun goblins and treasure game, not a "playground for character optimization" sort of thing.

Current Situation: The party has come to the citadel of the Knights of the Raven, a sort of loose French Foreign Legion-like organization, in order to find allies to reclaim the town of Sarvidal from a squadron of elven soldiers. The elves are being imperialistic and expansionistic due to their Empire of Corazura being slowly destroyed by the evergrowing invincible rosewoods spreading from a broken limb of the World Tree. Currently, the party has to join the Knights in order to gain their help due to political machinations from their (notional) ruler, the weak appeaser king of the human kingdom Selnar. And we ended last session with the party about to charge after a chupacabra who had just flew into a fair and started kidnapping children. So it's fun fantasy without any icky parts (for example, ogres rampage due to an addiction to cheese, a curse put on them by a kitsune long ago.)

If you want more details on any of this, feel free to check out this thread, the old recruitment thread (might require archives), or the Obsidian Portal site which we haven't done much with in awhile. (And on which I am working on getting you access.)

Party roles: We need a smart person for knowledge checks (Hashtags) and someone to do melee and flanking and stuff with Evilsagan's barbarian (RPZip.) Other characters are a sorceress, alchemist, barbarian, and cleric.

If you have any questions, you know how to get in touch.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 9, 2014

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Also we now have an irc channel on synirc.net, #backtobasics!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
XP: 600

Treasure (all from the chupacabra nest):
+1 buckler
51 gp
3 pp
Potion of remove blindness/deafness
Scroll of cure moderate wounds

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
No game today, sorry - Anias is busy with a ~baby shower~ and Sagan is having internet/computer issues.

In a month we should get Wahad back yaaaaaaay.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
See you all in just under 3 hours!

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Quick session summary:

When our heroes woke up, they were missing the commander of the knights. After a brief moment taking stock, they patched up the inspector, and fought our way through the rubble and undead. Found a note from Rethen pinned to one of the dead knights. He'd apparently already been here. Attacked by demons shortly thereafter.

Still no sign of the commander, or any idea what's happened to the fair above us. Next week!

In totally unrelated news, we may be updating our policy regarding taking elves prisoner.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Anias posted:

In totally unrelated news, we may be updating our policy regarding taking elves prisoner.

About time :colbert:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
900 XP for the session

Loot:
Mithril Shirt (claimed by Hashtags)
Mwk cold iron light mace (claimed by Dustin)
77 gp
Scroll of hideous laughter (claimed by Hashtags, I think)
Wand of disguise self (claimed by Hashtags?)

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Anias wanted the shirt, I took the wand, and I guess I'll take the scroll unless someone else wants it (I can just learn the spell next level).

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sagan and I haven't been tracking gold and we both agree to agree that we should maybe community chest it?

Gao
Aug 14, 2005

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Sagan and I haven't been tracking gold and we both agree to agree that we should maybe community chest it?

That would work for me. Haven't kept track since I gave all my money to those goblins myself.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
No game today.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

=[

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
One necromancer down! Elves defeated! By a 4-1 vote, the party decided to press on to the Face of Doom (impending megadungeon) instead of going and saving people from Sarvidal.

An even 800 XP for the session (that includes both fights and a quest reward for saving Argale.)

Treasure from the phoera:
203 sp
84 gp
Mwk Suit of full plate (!!!, will cost 500 gp to resize for someone to wear it)
Potion of magic fang
Potion of delay poison
Divine scroll of make whole
Divine scroll of bull’s strength
And a coffer containing:
86 gp piece of jet
45 gp sardonyx
15 gp lapis lazuli
10 gp hematite
10 gp azurite
10 gp pyrite

Necromancer's gear:
ring of protection +1 (!!), scroll of lightning bolt, scroll of dispel magic, wand of mage armour (45 charges)

Before you go, the Knights have opened up their armory to you to buy and sell gear to. Effectively they are a small town, so you can buy any item worth 1,100 gp or less from them AND any items of 5,000gp or less up to the following amount total among you:
11 minor magic items
3 medium magic items

I really owe you guys a full town writeup on the area, but this should do for now and any purchases you want to make before next session.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Still willing to pool my gold, rip Wahad.

e: Thomas is now a Magus! :toot:

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 6, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Total gold; 280 gp, 3 sp. Even split over 6 gives us 46 gp, 7sp, 1 cp each, with 4cp leftover. Possibly we can tack on the suit of plate, since I don't think Asgall wants it.

Best candidates for ring of protection; Asgall or Lagron, being our frontline. Since I'm the alchemist, I'd like the potions. Pooling gold is fine by me I guess, if that's how you guys did it in my absence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Unless Thomas has something up his sleeve, I think Asgall is the only person in the party who has a natural weapon from his rage powers.

Rules on buying poo poo for new people:

Since I randomly generate loot for you guys, we agreed to just let you guys buy whatever you want otherwise. So you can buy as many things as you want that are 1,000 gp or less, and then as many items between 1,000 and 5,000 gp as are listed above. So if you want a +1 longsword they have it for sale, no rolls or negotiating or anything required.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 6, 2014

• Locked thread