Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
No game today. I'm still super tired from my exam yesterday. You guys should sort out who gets what loot from last session, so we don't have something go missing like the wand of cure light wounds from ages ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
We should have more pooled gold, since I think we've been pooling it for the previous sessions as well. We also haven't spent any since I joined, so we should have 438.3gp total. We've also got some items we can sell, with the potential gold income listed after the item:

Potion of magic fang (25gp)
Potion of delay poison (150gp)
Divine scroll of make whole (75gp)
Divine scroll of bull’s strength (75gp)
Mwk Suit of full plate (825gp)
ring of protection +1 (not selling this, gently caress you (also I didn't even look))
scroll of lightning bolt (187.5gp)
scroll of dispel magic (187.5gp)
wand of mage armour (45 charges) (337.5gp)
Scroll of hideous laughter (75gp)
Wand of disguise self (375gp)

Lagron doesn't have heavy armor proficiency, so if Kalkun wants the plate then it's his by virtue of "can actually equip it". Otherwise we should probably sell it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Okay so the wonderful FuegoFish gave me a randomly generated dungeon and I am incorporating the results into Sakara! This isn't in the plans for now, but I could fit it in in the future if you guys want.

The Metal Shell

There's a massive tortoise that crosses the Wood's Heart, a mile or so long from its massive scaled head to its bony tail. The creature is at least two hundred feet tall itself, and when it moves - slowly, ponderously, its every step shaking the ground for miles - entire villages are wiped out below it. For the amazing size of the tortoise - for its names like "Gorgannel," the "Tortoise God" in Corazuran, and the fables of how one day a small turtle ate a fruit of the World Tree until it grew too large and now wanders forever - it is not the tortoise itself that adventurers wonder at. No, it is the towers and buildings made of pure shining gold atop its back, a huge city of gems and precious metals topped by a single spire with a diamond as huge as a man. As easy as it is to spot the tortoise itself, the sheen of its golden back carries further, reflecting the lights of the sky above for miles, setting small brush fires with its passing.

Many an adventurer has tried to explore the city atop the tortoise's back, but only one ever came back. Makura of the House of Branches, a minor elven noble, climbed the tortoise once. He was found in the tortoise's wake outside the great swamps of the southwest a year later, babbling about "men of wood and metal," and a "home where every surface was trapped with nets, where the basement was a torture chamber." He also mentioned "the skin and blood fighting back against the infection," and of "fungus queens and mushroom kings living in the greatest wound." Shortly after, Makura perished in a healing temple; whoever touched his body died within a week of a terrible wasting disease. Since then, other adventurers of great skill and glory have attempted to enter the golden city atop the tortoise, but none have returned.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

^^That sounds like an awesome set piece.

Noting this here for book keeping. I'll update Ipomea's character sheet later.
(17:47:58) Arivia: Anias: Spellbook: 0- all common spells; 1— burning hands, magic missile, ray of enfeeblement, summon monster I, alarm, cause fear, protection from chaos, identify; 2- false life, scorching ray, web, frigid touch ; 3- animate dead, fly, howling agony

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Also since Anias is taking it for REASONS, here's what was in the necromancer's spellbook: Spellbook: 0- all common spells; 1— burning hands, magic missile, ray of enfeeblement, summon monster I, alarm, cause fear, protection from chaos, identify; 2- false life, scorching ray, web, frigid touch ; 3- animate dead, fly, howling agony

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Also since it came up in IRC, I'm probably going to throw together a CotSQ roll20 game to casually run on days Arivia isn't up to dming. It'll be open to our little group of merry-makers, and everyone should have an invite to the obsidian portal for it which has character creation.

If for some reason you aren't idling in irc or don't have an invite at ob portal you are a bad person I missed you and you should totally say something so I can fix it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Also this post exists just to say also a third time.

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
"Something." - A famous guy

RPZip posted:

Lagron doesn't have heavy armor proficiency, so if Kalkun wants the plate then it's his by virtue of "can actually equip it". Otherwise we should probably sell it.

Actually, Pathfinder clerics only get light and medium armor proficiencies. We should sell it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Gao posted:

Actually, Pathfinder clerics only get light and medium armor proficiencies. We should sell it.

CRAZY

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Okay so here's the deal! We are playing tomorrow first and foremost. But! You may have noticed that I'm positioning the Face of Doom as an actual megadungeon - I have about 15 18 19! levels or areas lightly detailed, and quite obviously that is a lot of time. While you guys are interested in this, you're also interested in the other plot hooks I've generated, which is cool!

So basically I've split the Face for us into two parts narratively. First - the part you'll be beginning to tackle tomorrow - is events and a story that ties into both the Face itself and some of the other narrative strands you've encountered so far. By agreeing to investigate the Face for Argale, you'll be seeing this story through. After you finish the story, you'll have an opportunity to enter the rest of the Face, which has its own internal plotlines and structures and is much closer to the level-by-level megadungeon effort instead of the delve into a few levels you'll have done previously.

You can choose to follow up on that or not, it's up to you - and you have all the time you want to do it. A singular megadungeon (no matter how diverse it is internally) can be kind of boring, and you definitely have interesting things outside the Face you also want to follow up on. I don't want to penalize you for following what's most interesting, and I don't want you to feel pressured to do one over the other lest you lose out on something interesting. Basically, after this story in the Face is done, you're welcome to do whatever you want - don't worry about me being offended or the game going off the rails or whatever.

I just wanted to make this clear so you don't feel like you're stuck in this dungeon forever, or vice-versa.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 19, 2014

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Clearly we need to break all the vases in the dungeon to be sure we don't miss any legendaries.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
That is incredibly tempting. But I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that this is an actual roleplaying game so said vases may be 200k pieces of ancient elven pottery from the Imperial Antebellum. Basically? The treasure was in you all along.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Arivia posted:

That is incredibly tempting. But I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that this is an actual roleplaying game so said vases may be 200k pieces of ancient elven pottery from the Imperial Antebellum. Basically? The treasure was in you all along.

So we'll open them carefully! Get legendaries and all the antique pottery. Everybody wins! (But mostly us).

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

RPZip posted:

We should have more pooled gold, since I think we've been pooling it for the previous sessions as well. We also haven't spent any since I joined, so we should have 438.3gp total. We've also got some items we can sell, with the potential gold income listed after the item:

Potion of magic fang (25gp)
Potion of delay poison (150gp)
Divine scroll of make whole (75gp)
Divine scroll of bull’s strength (75gp)
Mwk Suit of full plate (825gp)
ring of protection +1 (not selling this, gently caress you (also I didn't even look))
scroll of lightning bolt (187.5gp)
scroll of dispel magic (187.5gp)
wand of mage armour (45 charges) (337.5gp)
Scroll of hideous laughter (75gp)
Wand of disguise self (375gp)

Added the scroll of lightning/dispel/hideous to Ipomea's character sheet. Vote we sell the wands, plate armor, and the scroll of bull's strength. I'd also sell the potion of magic fang.

If we sell all of that, we net out an additional 1637.5 gp, and kalkun carries the make whole scroll and someone else carries the potion of delay poison.

Anias fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 19, 2014

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Okay so since you guys are going a couple more sessions before you head back to civilization, i'm not giving you ALL the loot from the Phoenicians, just the notable stuff. Since you guys aren't tracking encumbrance, you're also not carting around 8xgeneric banded mail.

Loot!

potion of cure moderate wounds, mwk longsword, mwk light crossbow, mwk banded mail, mwk heavy steel shield, 165 gp
175 gp, 11 pp, a small waterskin with teardrop patterns on it (potion of water breathing), a slab of copper with magical runes on it (arcane scroll of darkvision, can be read in the dark) and a tiny chapbook edged in silver (scroll of suggestion, arcane.)
Stuff the priestess had on her: a thin golden shirt with wings patterned on it (quick runner's shirt), mwk fighting fan (painted and sculpted to look like a great phoenix tail), mwk chainmail, mwk light steel shield, 31 pp

And experience:

200 + 200 + 400 = 800 XP for each of you for the session!

Someone check my numbers, but that puts you at 8,100/9,000 XP to next level, so you guys will be hitting 4th level probably after next session.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Apr 19, 2014

Gao
Aug 14, 2005

Arivia posted:

mwk heavy steel shield

I'll take this unless someone else really wants it. Nothing else here I can use right now that I feel like I need.

Also, for the CotSQ game, have any other roles been decided by any of you guys beyond the two characters on Obsidian Portal? Thinking of making a witch, but I want to make sure I don't end up redundant with what someone else wants to play.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
We decided to keep the potion of magic fang, and also it's only 25gp so who cares. That drops us down to 1612.5gp from selling the previous set of items.

Quick Runner's Shirt is interesting and might be worth using on one of the melee combatants. (500gp sell value)

Mwk items I'm going to ignore the base value on the weapons since it's almost zero. The Mwk longsword, light crossbow and fighting fan are worth a total of 450gp to vendor.The mwk light shield is worth ~50gp, and the Mwk chainmail and Mwk banded mail are worth 300gp combined. That's a total of 800gp, rounding it up to 850 from all the base components I ignored.

We got 760gp worth of hard currency. For the moment I'm assuming that people are taking the potions and scrolls, so I won't look them up.

TOTAL:
Quick Runner's Shirt (500gp if sold)
Masterwork Heavy Steel Shield (Kalkun)
3610.8gp
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
Potion of Water Breathing
Arcane Scroll of Darkvision
Arcane Scroll of Suggestion

E:

quote:

Also, for the CotSQ game, have any other roles been decided by any of you guys beyond the two characters on Obsidian Portal? Thinking of making a witch, but I want to make sure I don't end up redundant with what someone else wants to play.

I'm not on Obsidian Portal but I'm making a Bow Ranger. Arivia is doing some kind of Sorceress/Wizard/Cleric?, Hashtags is making a Paladin, and I think Wahad is making an Inquisitor. A witch would fit in fine.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I'm debating between witch/wizard/sorceress, yes. Guess I should pick asap so you know what's available, Gao...give me a day to think it over.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I'm going to be a cleric or oracle of Eilistraee, heading for Sword Dancer. Go ahead and witch it up Gao!

edit: btw we are all being drow or half-drow worshipers of Eilistraee (the good drow goddess)

Arivia fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 20, 2014

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Wahad/Hashtags/Mori/Anias you still need to weigh in on treasure, please.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
RPZip's proposal seems fine to me! Like I said earlier, I'd like to keep the potions myself since I'm the party alchemist, but otherwise it's all good.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Wahad posted:

RPZip's proposal seems fine to me! Like I said earlier, I'd like to keep the potions myself since I'm the party alchemist, but otherwise it's all good.

One of these days I am going to hit you with a *pages through core rulebook* any spell you crit fail your saving throw on and it will be hilarious when all your potions explode at once.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
I will become the Hulk after such a scientific mishap. Gamma RaysPotions!

Unless anybody else wants it, I'll also sell my Mwk Viridium Mace that I've been hauling around since forever. Now that I have the crossbow I really have no reason to ever be in melee and if I really need to make an OA I can use my sickle.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

That looks fine. I'll probably cast suggestion on our next humanoid person that looks worth interrogating, and vision options are always good even if they aren't immediately useful.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Wahad posted:

RPZip's proposal seems fine to me!

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

So for the people who've been here since the start you can probably adjust my notes from having to rebuild ipomea to figure out what your gold is, and then we can sort out pooling it.

code:
Calculating gold:

Chargen left over gold: 3 gp

50 gp 69 sp 237 cp—>62g, 2 sp, 7 cp in HW
-30gp → HW Shopping trip 003 pp, 2 gp, 2 sp, 7 cp remain

111 gp 24 sp 
81 gp 33 sp 5 cp
39 gp 8 sp
43 gp, 7 sp, 5 cp Selling MWK Parade/katana
11 pp, 7 gp, 7 sp
26 gp, 3 sp, 3 cp (2cpr)
46 gp, 7 sp, 1 cp (4cpr)
537gp, 8cp—>100 pp, 9 gp, 1 sp, 3 cp from heartwood until after the bunker @ doom.

003 pp, 2 gp, 2 sp, 7 cp Shopping Trip in HW Remains 
100 pp, 9 gp, 1 sp, 3 cp Income from HW to bunker @ doom

104 pp, 1 gp, 4 sp Total Right Now.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Wahad posted:

RPZip's proposal seems fine to me!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Note to myself: the grippli swamp lands are separated from Corazura by a low mountain range spinning from the World Tree. The swamplands themselves are an endorheic basin.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

^^ A+, smiling all day.

Also in unrelated but still vaguely important - Gao I need a picture for Trissafae so I can build tokens!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Anias posted:

^^ A+, smiling all day.

Also in unrelated but still vaguely important - Gao I need a picture for Trissafae so I can build tokens!

Hmm? I randomly found a good idea on Wikipedia and was writing it down in the only place I could think of 10 seconds before falling asleep.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Arivia posted:

Hmm? I randomly found a good idea on Wikipedia and was writing it down in the only place I could think of 10 seconds before falling asleep.

I approve of geology and climate science and it amused me to think of Kalkun et al having their own little self sustaining basin preserved by the power of the swamp lord ~ribbit~.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Speaking of the power of the swamp lord, you all better be ready to kick rear end in 5 1/2 hours.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Make way villainy! Hero coming through!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Loot from fighting Korakan:

726 sp, 134 gp, 5 pp, mwk breastplate, mwk padded armour, mwk alchemical silver starknife, an irregular whorl of glass swirling with glowing blue liquid (potion of darkvision), a small iron boot flask with a drop of blood engraved on it (potion of stabilize, 2 doses), a hollow feather with a cap on one end (potion of fly), a torn-out page from a spellbook (scroll of explosive runes), a stretched-out piece of hide with letters burnt into it (scroll of flame blade), a metal scroll case blackened by flames (scroll of scorching ray), a length of rope threaded with jangly iron medallions (wand of alarm, 25 charges), and a 45 gp piece of sard.

Ghoul loot:

The ghouls were uncovering an armored corpse. On the corpse is mwk splint mail, a cold iron mwk morningstar, and a pouch at its belt contains six ivory dice (30 gp) and a cloudy glass bottle with a stinking black liquid inside (potion of protection from law.)

Oh, and Kalkun is taking the quick runner's shirt from last session.

And experience!

300 XP each from the cacodaemons
400 XP each from the fight with Korakan
300 XP each from the ghoul fight
100 XP each for the escape from the Silent Halls

So that brings you to 9,200/9000 XP or level 4! (you are now at 9,200/15,000 XP to level 5!)

A couple notes:

1) Hopefully you enjoyed the session, sorry if it was a little ropey with the escape. That's the first time I've done a "you guys gotta run" encounter in 3e, so I tried to give you a lot of warning (since it's different from how the game has operated so far, too.)

2) Anias needs to retrain precipitation. Even though it saved your butts, it's a 3rd party spell, and I'd really like to keep the game away from that as much as possible just for consistency and power level's sake. Sorry Anias! Nothing against you personally.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 27, 2014

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
So Mori asked me a rules question midway through that I wasn't sure of the answer to, and I wanted to check in with you guys that this made sense to you.

This was during the ghoul fight, so Asgall and Kalkun were in melee with the ghast. Kalkun got paralyzed, and Mori's question was if he was flanking the ghast and getting the +2 bonus.

I said no, since the wording of flanking is that you have to be across from someone threatening the monster (and Kalkun wasn't threatening anything, since he was paralyzed and unable to attack.) Does this make sense to you guys, or do you want to see it played the other way?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

When it's PCs doing the flanking, it should count as flanking. Monsters should never be able to flank, just to be safe.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Arivia posted:

2) Anias needs to retrain precipitation. Even though it saved your butts, it's a 3rd party spell, and I'd really like to keep the game away from that as much as possible just for consistency and power level's sake. Sorry Anias! Nothing against you personally.

It's ok, this is what I get for trying to take worse options =p.

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
All the armor is sized for medium creatures, right? Figured I'd double check. Also, unless someone else really wants it, I'd like to use the morningstar.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Gao posted:

All the armor is sized for medium creatures, right? Figured I'd double check. Also, unless someone else really wants it, I'd like to use the morningstar.

I keep forgetting to roll that. If you grab a suit of armor, just say it's Small. No need for you to be penalized by my omission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gao
Aug 14, 2005

Arivia posted:

I keep forgetting to roll that. If you grab a suit of armor, just say it's Small. No need for you to be penalized by my omission.

I guess I'll be taking the masterwork breastplate unless someone else really wants it then.

• Locked thread