Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

hello!

im trying to put together a basic little e-drum setup here, but i have no clue what i am doing. basically i want to have a minimal, tiny and easy to pack away/move around kind of setup. i am thinking just a hihat pedal + a hihat, snare drum and kick.

i picked up some used stuff for an ok price today: a CY-5 which i'll use for the hihat, an FD-8 hihat pedal that i can presumably use to open/close the hihat? as well as a PDX-8 which i'll use for a snare. still looking around for a kick pedal.

so as far as i gather, i will now need some sort of module. ideally i want a module i can just hook straight into my computer to use with a DAW (midi? usb?). don't need any onboard bells and whistles - what is the cheapest most barebones solution here that will let everything function as it should?

also i suppose i need cables to hook to the pads/pedals. these are all just normal TRS cables?

and in terms for stands, ideally i want to avoid having a whole-rear end e-drum type stand, and go for some individual stands for the hihat and snare instead, is that easily doable in terms of how they are mounted? how does this work help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU