Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
This seems to be the best place to ask: Why do people still play SC2K and SC3? I wonder what makes those versions stand out, that some people would prefer them over SC4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I wish they would have gotten leaderboards working, it would have been hilarious to see what stupid builds people would have to do to max things out.

It amazes me that even this hasn't been implemented yet. I recall this being heavily advertised as a feature of the game, yet they never did anything with it after all? Man, this game is just special.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I'm of the theory that Will has just lost all sense of what makes a good video game.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

euphronius posted:

TOR really should not have dumped all that time and money into fully VAing everything.

Funny you should mention that, apparently they've gutted the idea of continuing the class stories. I assume it's because they didn't think about how they can't get all those same voice actors back every time they want to record some lines for an expansion or patch.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

Rent posted:

Just picked this game up for cheap, but haven't installed it yet; running low on hard drive space! The past 100 pages are all just bitching about EA.

Is this GAME actually any fun? I like Sim Citys of the past, but I'm not an uber nerd about them.

If reading the thread title, OP, and any news articles in general about the game didn't tip you off this isn't worth any amount of money, then I know what to tell you. Yes, it's the BEST game, please give us full details of your impressions.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

Rent posted:

simcityplayers.txt
:goonsay:

Sorry guys, just wanted to make a city. I don't know why everyone is so hostile and angry. I read some people found the game too short, but I'm not the type of dude to spend 500 hours playing Skyrim, trying to find the perfect chair for my dragon house or whatever. And I did look at reviews, most said: game is fun, but buggy/servers are bad. I'm asking of the game is fun is all.

You can start by reading the OP and some of the thread in general, then you'd have your answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Haha, I am laughing because I know a bunch of people are going to buy this roller coaster DLC.

• Locked thread