Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

ExtraNoise posted:

I don't think anyone is EA white knighting in this thread. I think we're all universally unhappy with them.

I read your apology in the other thread and I want you to know you are unforgiven, you stomped my puppy and tore my favorite sweater.

Just kidding, but its an internet thread no need to actually feel bad about owning goons with a bad game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

ChewyLSB posted:

Except the idea behind always online is that the game does most of its calculations on the server because our scrub machines can't handle the ~agent system~ but really all it is is a DRM check that the game does, making it a lie.

You can "run" the game without those two lines but you can't save or anything.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

kedo posted:

Also, when did 8-10 hours of gameplay for $60 become okay? Why does anyone settle for that in any game? It's just idiotic. Why spend $60 for some poo poo AAA title from EA that I'm going to get bored with when I can spend the same amount on something from another publisher from which I'll get dozens if not hundreds of hours of enjoyment?

Gamers need to quit settling for poo poo.

Games are cheaper (adjusting for inflation) and have vastly more content. I mean seriously, look at games released ten years ago.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

OatmealRaisin posted:

This mentality blows my mind. They make bad games, they didn't kill your dog.

Shush, the childishness is entertaining to read.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

melon farmer posted:

They're a terrible company (relative to the games industry, I mean) and it's so easy nowadays to avoid them completely. Speaking with your wallet really is a thing.

But that dude isn't. He already bought the games and is throwing them away in a childish fit. "I'm not buying an EA game unless its thoroughly tested" is one thing. "I am systematically going through my home and throwing away any game made by a publisher" is childish.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

MrBims posted:

What on earth are you want to 'overcome'? Besides overcoming a smart grasp on your finances?

Maybe hes one of those adventurous people who can just have fun with something despite its flaws, almost like its a game.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

I had fun playing Superman 64. I made it fun.

That didn't make it a good game.

Pretty sure thats what that guy was doing too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

mastervj posted:

It doesn't.

Its called the Penguin.

• Locked thread