Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH
I think as far as game design issues, the biggest problems were that rather than trying to work within the limitations imposed by the simulation's capabilities, they ended up cutting corners.

I think this game would have been a lot more successful as a SimTown 2, rather than a full-fledged SimCity. Fully simulate much fewer individuals, have them actually go to the same place to work and home every time, actually represent the right number of people in the town, etc. Get rid of the power, water, trash agents, they're unnecessary. Instead, they went for something much broader (and as a result, shallower).

I actually still have a good amount of fun with the game and screwing around with the simulation, but I think a much narrower scope with much deeper simulation would have been a much better choice.

(That's DRM issues, etc aside, anyway)

waffle fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH
Hey, I'm down--I still have hope that they can churn out some really cool games when not under the thumb of EA. Too bad it's mobile, but there are some cool mobile games, and as a previous poster said, it's a no-brainer for a studio starting out due to low development costs.

• Locked thread