Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

ExtraNoise posted:

Has anyone been able to confirm whether getting a refund for SimCity causes your Origin account to be banned in entirety?

I'm guessing no, because if it did we would have seen a ton of complaints about it. I assume because EA doesn't want anymore bad PR on the subject.

But... ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

kedo posted:

Oh. More mobile games. :smith:

Mobile Games: Because Simcity didn't push 'free'-to-play micotransactions.

(I hate mobile 'games')

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Darkhold posted:

Yeah companies love to squat on IPs even if they're not going to do anything with them just because someday they might change their mind.

Also I think nobody wants to sell an IP have it go on to make millions for some other company and get called into a board room to explain why they gave it up so 'cheaply' even though they weren't doing anything with it anyway.

This seems to be the fate of the System Shock license, which is apparently owned by some insurance company, and I seem to remember rumors that they wanted a mint for it a few years back, like it was their ticket to easy street. :rolleyes:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Cities XL was the game that made me literally post in one of the old Cities XL threads: "Now that Cities XL has show what a stupid loving idea a multiplayer city builder is, we can at least rest easy that EA won't do anything similar for Simcity 5."

I jinxed it, guys.

:negative:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Baronjutter posted:

A multi-player simcity is actually a pretty rad idea.

Picture me smacking you in the nose with a rolled up newspaper and shouting NO!

:mad:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

ToastyPotato posted:

That's the downfall of a lot of those "city builder" type games. They end up being glorified puzzle games that can be "solved" as opposed to organic city sims.

Yeah, I've bought so many games because I wanted an 'organic' city building sandbox set in 'cool historical era #17', and I just get puzzle games that leave me cold. :smith:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I wish there was like an OpenSimcity2000 the way there was an Open Transport Tycoon. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Bel Monte posted:

Why bother with micro blocks when you could make a full city and walk around in it? :getin:

http://imgur.com/a/EmK0o

Just use MC edit to make it go super fast and copy-paste floors/roads for how you need.

It just struck me you could probably make a utility that loaded up your Simcity 2000 city and then recreated it in Minecraft using prebuilt tiles. Kinda wonder if anyone has done this.

2000 because it has a smaller number of fairly pixel art style buildings which would be more recognizable in Minecraft.

• Locked thread