Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Eric the Mauve posted:

Posting this here because it really is a perfect summary of what happened with this game and deserves to be in the OP or second post:

See, at first I thought all this constant hullabaloo in my newsfeeds was simply to do with the servers crashing for the first few days. Which more or less seems to happen to every AAA game that requires an internet connection anymore. It really seemed like the typical thing where gamers make a huge fuss over mostly nothing, such as that recent time where everyone pre-ordered Colonial Marines without reading reviews and now think that they can sue SEGA for releasing gameplay videos. (I predict that getting Dikembe Mutumbo'd out of court pretty quickly).

Now we get down to:

-SimCity is not a AAA game at all
-Does nothing with its internet gameplay components except make you wish there were none at all
-Continues to have server problems

Coincidentally, I dropped $5 on Spore the other day, that other infamously underwhelming Maxis game ($5 is a fair price and the first time I had ever seen it on sale in five years). For the first two days after the Steam sale, the servers were down.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

What am I supposed to be observing over the course of this video?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Broken Loose posted:

The city you are watching is literally just a big mass of residential zoning. No utilities. No commercial. No industrial. People move to this suburban hellhole so they can never have running water or get a job, but it's fine because the taxes are at 0%.

Oh, so this is SimCity: Ron Paul Revolution Edition.

• Locked thread