Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I purchased the game from Amazon on March 18th. Today I used their official return page thing to write an email saying "I wasn't able to play at launch do to server issues and my first region has said "currently unplayable at this time" for the last four weeks. I've been waiting for a fix that hasn't come and have decided it isn't worth it any longer, is there any way I can still get a refund?"

A few hours later..

Amazon posted:

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused in this regard. This is truly something which we would never like our customers to experience. I’d be happy to help you.

As a standard policy, Games, Game Items, and Software Downloads are not returnable after purchase. However, because of the circumstances, I've made a one-time exception and issued a refund in the amount of $65.15.

Your refund should be completed within the next 2-3 business days and will be applied to the payment method used for the original purchase.

:dance::slick::toot: Amazon hates Sim City too!

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

ibntumart posted:

So tempted to do the same thing. Wonder if EA is still shutting down Origin accounts for people who get refunds?

I'll post what happens after the refund goes through. Don't really care either way, this will probably be the last Origin game I ever play. The fact that I paid full price when the game went on sale days after is what sealed it for me. If the game's ever worth it in the future (hahahaha) you'll be able to get it for 30 bucks cheaper.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
In-case anyone's wondering about the 'refund = origin ban' situation my refund from Amazon cleared a few days ago and I still have access to everything including Sim City. They could be doing bans in waves, though.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Sardonik posted:

ToR wasn't that bad, there is some good content in there, you just have to grind for hours to get to it.

Wasn't it a massive financial blunder, though?

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
e: Nevermind, I was mistaken, I thought Origin revoked my access to the game but I'm still able to play. I'm checking every few days to see if the "Banning origin accounts" thing is true.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 08:16 on May 9, 2013

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Well, you also have to wonder how many people buy video games..and then die. Or are horribly crippled, etc.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Rent posted:

Just picked this game up for cheap, but haven't installed it yet; running low on hard drive space! The past 100 pages are all just bitching about EA.

Is this GAME actually any fun? I like Sim Citys of the past, but I'm not an uber nerd about them.

It's a great game, you'll enjoy it, and be sure to post your impressions here.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Wait, patch 3.0? What kind of numbering scheme is that? So the game might not be horrible by iteration 10.0? What??

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Efexeye posted:

There is no way to fail because you can always jack up tax rates to the max for two months and essentially have unlimited money with no consequences. This game sucks.

Guide To Sim City, by Me

1) Buy Sim City based solely on the name without reading anything about it. Notice how broken everything seems to be and read up on how terrible everything is. Despite all this, try to create an aesthetically pleasing, self sustaining city. Lose it due to random city eating bug.
2) Realize how poo poo the game is, turn next city into trading/mining hellscape and make millions from exporting alloy
3) Send mega mellions to next city, do whatever the gently caress I want, realize it isn't really fun at all
4) Get refund
OR
4) Get Pissed

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Endorph posted:

Imagine all the other things that fourty dollars could have gone towards.

Literally anything in the world.

Paying a hard-faced Russian prostitute to punch you in the crotch would be more worthwhile.

40 dollars: ~5-20 games on this list http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3523213&perpage=40&pagenumber=75#post415499788 (sale starts in an hour)

I'm getting Crusader Kings II!

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Isn't 2 million pretty loving lovely for a title like Sim City? I mean apparently The Last of Us has already sold 2.41 mil and it came out nearly 3 months later. It's such an insanely missed opportunity, I can't believe they released it as-is rather than weighing the long term prospects of the IP and being sure to put out a decent product.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Mr. Wynand posted:

Oh right, so it is, but the point about console sales still stand. The install base is just so much larger (compared to gaming-capable PCs).

I thought Sim City is designed to run on practically everything. Hence the city limitations.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

eXXon posted:

There's no technical reason why they couldn't store a workplace for every sim, especially given how small most cities are. Even having 2-3 potential routes stored between every sim and their workplace wouldn't be that demanding.

No you don't understand, this would be similar to how an actual city operates. A simulation, if you will. This is Emergent City we're talking about, where people find new jobs and homes daily, and every fire truck in the city focuses on one single fire at a time.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Only registered members can see post attachments!

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Policenaut posted:

Okay kids so in the real world you don't actually need a degree or anything just show up at the power plant and start doing work, it's okay.

Hahahahahaha come on guys the material is endless

"Teacher, I built a manufacturing plant because my town lacks jobs and education and made sure it was downwind so the pollution wouldn't spread but my town seems to still be transforming into a smelly hellscape? Also my water tables are dwindling and rain doesn't seem to be replenishing them!"

"Ah, yes johnny, you see you forgot to replenish your water tables by putting a filtration plant next to your raw sewage. And no matter where you place your factory your town will be filled with pollution which you can never rid, this is meant to teach you the crushing reality of the natural world. B-."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Ramadu posted:

Saints Row 4 is GOTY.

This post spurred me to go out and pick this up. It owns. Profusely. Far better than GTAV, thanks for the suggestion.

• Locked thread