Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Since the Avengers consist entirely of me and Johnny at the moment are we able to get a D8 or 10 die to represent the other Avengers assisting in the battle?

We're really going to miss Dr. Strange and all his D12's in any fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Just a heads up, I will be on vacation till the 24th, and probably won't be posting during that time. Happy holidays, everyone!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
While we're posting vacation times, I'm on a plane the 23rd for a week's vacation (and probably working nearly every waking hour the day before I leave)... but I will have lots of downtime and wifi while chilling with my family, so hopefully posting won't be an issue.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Reasonably discussing grievances is for nerds who don't have a nation to protect from the imperialist aggression of a fascist state. Silver gets what Symkaria needs!

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I just realized that I forgot to tag who goes next in the bridge fight. I'll tag Rhino next, mostly because Randall won't be back for a few more days and I don't want to hold things up too much.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Building up to the holidays posting may be intermittent, although where Iron Fist/Punisher are atm that might not matter for a while anyway. Otherwise happy dead evergreen conifer day to you all, etc.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Yes. Christmas. That's a thing that happens about now and takes up time when a GM should be posting, isn't it?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

When in doubt, blame Santa.

Kids Posters're dumb and will believe any old thing if you dress it up in holiday decorations and hubris.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

A very merry Saturnalia to Hercules, as well.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Is that the one where women in their 30s whip him with juniper branches and run a few laps around the block in the nude? Because in that case, yeah have at it Herc.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Wasn't that from issue #6 of Doomwhipper, the famous issue that introduced Lady Doomwhipper?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Doomwhipsmas. Classic issue.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Defiance Industries posted:

Wasn't that from issue #6 of Doomwhipper, the famous issue that introduced Lady Doomwhipper?

Dammit, now I have a new ally to waste XP on.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Interesting you should mention XP as everyone gets 10 as a Christmas present.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Odin bless us, everyone!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Gonna spend mine on Major Event Resource: A VHS Copy of the Wintertime Winter Friends Winter Fun Special. This will obviously be the thing to bring us all together and forget our conflicts.

I will have a serious XP plan and also an IC post tomorrow night!

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sion posted:

Interesting you should mention XP as everyone gets 10 as a Christmas present.

Welp. Time to give the captain more specialties.

Consider 15 XP Spent on D8 Combat Master for The Captain.

What? Flying into guys while drunk is totally a skill!

Morand fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 24, 2014

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Well, he is hanging out with legendary drunken brawler Hercules (and notable kung-fu man/god of thunder regent Iron Fist.) I'm sure he could pick up a tip or trick here and there.

Me, I just don't even know what to do with almost 25 XP. I've been toying with ideas for adding a second powerset to Black Cat, just for the utility, but I forget what DI had set up as the system for doing that. Or how much it costs. I'm also interested in possibly upgrading one of her specialties, or power traits. I kinda hate to spend it all on one character, but I did kind of stat Sable a little wonky in retrospect, so she's pretty good as is.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Since we're still in a post-holiday posting lull, my XP plans:

Surge needs another Specialty. Probably Crime or Tech or something, but what matters is that I have it. The more specialties I have, the easier it is to justify doing things. The easier it is to justify doing things, the more stunts I can make without feeling weird. The more stunts I can make, the more XP I earn. So really, buying another specialty is an investment. I do want to grab the Stark Industries Upgrade event resource at some point, but it's not a very high priority at the moment.

Wonder Man... I have no idea. He's already a really strong character, so I don't really know what to do with him XP-wise. If XP is per-character, I'll probably just boost one of his specialties or one of his smaller powers once he gets back into the swing of things. If XP is just one big pool for whatever characters I'm playing (which I don't think it is, but I'm not entirely sure), then he's probably not going to get anything for a while. Surge just needs the boost more than he does.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Since we're still in a post-holiday posting lull, my XP plans:

Surge needs another Specialty. Probably Crime or Tech or something, but what matters is that I have it. The more specialties I have, the easier it is to justify doing things. The easier it is to justify doing things, the more stunts I can make without feeling weird. The more stunts I can make, the more XP I earn. So really, buying another specialty is an investment. I do want to grab the Stark Industries Upgrade event resource at some point, but it's not a very high priority at the moment.

Wonder Man... I have no idea. He's already a really strong character, so I don't really know what to do with him XP-wise. If XP is per-character, I'll probably just boost one of his specialties or one of his smaller powers once he gets back into the swing of things. If XP is just one big pool for whatever characters I'm playing (which I don't think it is, but I'm not entirely sure), then he's probably not going to get anything for a while. Surge just needs the boost more than he does.

I was doing it as a pool shared between characters.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I'm pretty sure the verdict was that PP are individual, but XP is pooled.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I'm pretty sure the verdict was that PP are individual, but XP is pooled.

XP is pooled, yeah.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Christmas Eve, January 5th, what's the difference? Finally got a second post up!

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Read the latest Thor trade and the latest Iron Fist book as well. Thought of this thread twice. Happy Orthodox Christmas dudes! (and incidentally bumping this again)

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Good bump.

I managed to gently caress up my arm pretty great recently and thus haven't been posting anything of substance. Please find a post incoming in 3... 2... 1...

Additionally, the LIVING ISLAND thing - who's there dealing with that right now? The Mandarin's rings an' all that.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sion posted:

Good bump.

I managed to gently caress up my arm pretty great recently and thus haven't been posting anything of substance. Please find a post incoming in 3... 2... 1...

Additionally, the LIVING ISLAND thing - who's there dealing with that right now? The Mandarin's rings an' all that.

War Machine, Human Torch, Dr. Strange, Spider-Woman

Out of those names only 2 have players anymore.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Morand posted:

War Machine, Human Torch, Dr. Strange, Spider-Woman

Out of those names only 2 have players anymore.

Right. So you figure I should try and wrap that up and then drive them into another group? Tryin' to get people together rather than having a bunch of threads hangin' around all over the place.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Any chance Zaya could be dropped into any of the ongoing fun? She has way better eye lasers than Summers and the world needs to see it in action.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sion posted:

Right. So you figure I should try and wrap that up and then drive them into another group? Tryin' to get people together rather than having a bunch of threads hangin' around all over the place.

Works for me. If Johnny and I will be fighting said island, will the other Avengers become a d8 or 10 support die?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Morand posted:

Works for me. If Johnny and I will be fighting said island, will the other Avengers become a d8 or 10 support die?

Let's say D8 since everyone is a bit spread out.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sion posted:

Let's say D8 since everyone is a bit spread out.

K. Soon as Island reacts to Johnny trying to melt it I'll post an action

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

It did! It moved to summon a ninja protector!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Oh snap! ACK-SHUUUUUUN!

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Oh awesome! That's super triff, ok ok give me maybe like a day or so to get my things in order and I'll post us into action again.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

I'm probably overthinking both how Surge would look in X-Force colors and how we'd actually get to New Jersey in time for the giant four-sided rumble that's about to go down around Red Hulk. Honestly willing to jump ahead there whenever you are.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I am super excited for the clusterfuck that is going to be the Showdown in New Jersey. I can only imagine how big of a mess it'll become if the West Coast Avengers reunion tour 2015 manages to make their way down in time too.

Also, just to be clear, Rhyno didn't get just chucked off the bridge by Jen, did he?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

He did get chucked off the bridge. Although the bridge may be collapsing.

Also Jen is going to serve a court summons to the God Squad.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Expect real post from me tonight or tomorrow. Orokos is banned at work so I can't roll my pretend dice.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Hey Sion, I was going to post, but am not sure where Shadowjack is. Last I remember he was with Black Cat and the Punisher on the helicarrier speeding toward the Red Hulks, right?

As for Zaya, should I just have her show up somewhere or did you an entrance in mind? (I don't care either way, honestly, just want to get her back in!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

ibntumart posted:

Hey Sion, I was going to post, but am not sure where Shadowjack is. Last I remember he was with Black Cat and the Punisher on the helicarrier speeding toward the Red Hulks, right?

As for Zaya, should I just have her show up somewhere or did you an entrance in mind? (I don't care either way, honestly, just want to get her back in!)

I think that Shadowjack is with Punisher and Black Cat on the helicarrier too.

Also, I'm really not sure what to do with Zaya!

• Locked thread