Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Yummy Dead Cow posted:

Best update ever? Why yes. Yes it is.

British cav is still horribly poo poo, and they wasted time and effort on this instead of throwing up some Hussars? I disagree heavily.

Also, the the Royal Navy guys have either the most hilarious or most groan inducing taunts depending on how you feel. Some of the new siege maps look nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Interesting. Everything got nerfed, nothing in particular buffed. Seems a shame to nerf arty, as it's very difficult to use correctly for the majority of the player base as-is. I really don't get the explosion nerf, as even on a direct hit with a mortar I only seem to knock enemies down half the time.

Weaker bayonets will completely change the dynamic of the game if they can no longer 1 hit kill on a chest stab, which won't necessarily be a bad thing- the average flailing stabber with a low ping who never blocks will have a significant disadvantage if he has to stab everybody twice.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

No more battlerock! Ah well, looks like a pretty decent update.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Arven posted:

Interesting. Everything got nerfed, nothing in particular buffed. Seems a shame to nerf arty, as it's very difficult to use correctly for the majority of the player base as-is. I really don't get the explosion nerf, as even on a direct hit with a mortar I only seem to knock enemies down half the time.

Weaker bayonets will completely change the dynamic of the game if they can no longer 1 hit kill on a chest stab, which won't necessarily be a bad thing- the average flailing stabber with a low ping who never blocks will have a significant disadvantage if he has to stab everybody twice.

Unless I missed something, they didn't nerf bayonets, just rifle butts. Feel free to flail away.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Unless I missed something, they didn't nerf bayonets, just rifle butts. Feel free to flail away.

You're right. I read rifle melee and my brain didn't make the connection that rifles != muskets.

That said, it does seem a little harder to get 1 hit bayonet kills now. Could just be anecdotal from the few maps I played, though.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

SeanBeansShako posted:

British cav is still horribly poo poo, and they wasted time and effort on this instead of throwing up some Hussars? I disagree heavily.

I'm sorry for being happy over a dumb feature that they probably didn't spend more than 5 minutes implementing.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yummy Dead Cow posted:

I'm sorry for being happy over a dumb feature that they probably didn't spend more than 5 minutes implementing.

I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at FSE for not balancing their own product properly. Hell look at the terrain fixes, that poo poo should have been done in the 2nd patch.

It just pisses me off they still have things to do but they are far too busy to just reskin a Hussar uniform and tweak a few stats about. Also barely any Admin filter fixes.

I think the pistol takes around ten seconds to load now to make up for actually being lethal again.

EDIT: Well gently caress, our Wednesday NA event just got cancelled too :smith:.

EDIT 2: Turns out you can't host proper servers with the Beta, so everyone switch back to normal Warband with STEAM for line battling again.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 15, 2013

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

The NA wed. night event got cancelled this week. Sorry guys :(

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It has been cancelled utterly, so I'm afraid we got no LB tonight or ever at this time at the moment again. Sorry.

Use this time instead to install and download or just that updater patch provided in a few posts above this one for tomorrows North And South LB!

Also, don't bother upgrading Warband for the NW beta since if you do you can't line battle because servers can't be hosted. Just go back the same way you go into the beta.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Beta trip report-

All secondary melee weapons are now GOOD. The handaxe and sabre briquet can now kill in two hits, and one hit kill on a head hit. The changes to pistols aren't really noticeable. We were playing partizani vs pirates one map that rolled Russian vs British, and I saw more people get killed with bottles than pistol shots.

Right now you can play as sailors on ANY map, which I hope is just for Beta purposes.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The cav swords reach has been scaled back a little, which is cool but I disagree with the fact they have made it even harder to beat a man to death with the butt of a rifle now for some reason?

Electric Pope
Oct 29, 2011

Oh I'm still alive
I'm still alive
I can't apologize, no
Oh hey, I was thinking "maybe I should start playing Napoleonic Wars again" then noticed I'm not in the steam group anymore. Guess that's what I get for not following the thread.

Count Mippi
Nov 7, 2009

Benson's gonna drop his balls when he sees how good we set up these chairs. He's gonna be all like: "Oh no, my gumballs!"

Hey Pope, welcome back! We'd love to have you play with us again. I hunted down your steam profile (it is http://steamcommunity.com/id/scottmctony right?) from the last thread. Apparently I can only invite people to the Steam group if they're on my friend's list, so I guess I'll send you a friend request and then an invite to the actual group if you want back in. Yay for roundabout bullshit!

EDIT: Welp apparently I can't invite anybody at all, but I'll keep you on my friend's list and pass your Steam info to Nurdbot so you can get back in. Sorry Pope!

In the meantime, a reminder to everyone that we have our North & South NA event tonight at 7:00 pm CDT so make sure your N&S is updated:

SeanBeansShako posted:

Download the main client here if you haven't played it before right here.

Then download this fix here and dump all the contents in the N&S Modules folder. Do NOT use the updater at all. If you still have the mod installed from when we last played it just upload the fixed update.

Count Mippi fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 16, 2013

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sorry if I removed you, did a big group clean up in April Pope and I didn't recognize your STEAM name and am trying to send you an invite back (STEAM seems to not like me right this second)

Also yeah, North And South line battle download or upgrade the game with the patch and please do show.

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
I just installed NAS and it looks like so much fun, really excited for tonight. Can someone add me to the steam group?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rhandhali/

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Invite sent welcome to the group!

In less than an hour we'll be returning to the US Civil War with the much missed Thursday North And South event which is happening in around 55 minutes.

So if you want in quickly install the mod right now, or if you played in the past throw down that update also provided in the previous posts. Drop in Mumble if you want advice in setting it up.

If you see the splash screen for the developers own stupid indie Civil War game instead of the old update that was cancelled congratulations it is working!

Now enjoy being able to have facial hair and a cigar/pipe/flower in your mouth!

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Soldaten bereiten zu dieser Phantasie Vogel schieben!
15 minutes. Get in and be sure you're updated.

Copy to your Wardand/Modules/NaS
Yes to all
http://www.mediafire.com/?lakvexxf6yo2tdv

nohitcharlie fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 17, 2013

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Thanks for that Charlie.

We got a pretty decent turn out for N&S despite the predicted installation issues we all in the end go by. Hopefully next week things will run even smoother and they won't use dumb foggy rear end maps!

Anyways we got two line battles tonight, the EU one in around fifty minutes time from this post and the American one at 9PM EST. If you can show and roll with us that would as they say rad.

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
The Friday EU battle is starting soon, so get in the Mumble channel. But do not mumble, speak clearly.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Please god show up etc.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

NA battle in 45! Hop in the 'ol mumble.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The friday night American line battle is in half an hour guys, hope some of you can show for it!

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

15 minutes.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Starting in less than ten minutes and this is the last call. I already have the details so all you gotta do is get in the Mumble.

Electric Pope
Oct 29, 2011

Oh I'm still alive
I'm still alive
I can't apologize, no
Since I'm dead figured I'd put these up now. Endman is the wicked witch of the west:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Hey guys, I made a short little video featuring some of the siege stuff from a couple of weeks back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYt7EMplDmE

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Added with the other videos, and that Mortar kill is still pretty drat impressive.

Also, Cops Saturday Siege event in 55 minutes goons! feel free to start showing up in the Mumble. And don't forget we have two events tomorrow too.

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

25 Minutes until siege.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

That was a pretty fun siege event despite the second map, but that terrible Admin has forced me to do something in my own event to get my point across to some people.

And since I can't even express my own opinions without being told to put up or shove off it has forced my hand. You guys and of course the head honchos of the 38e will be 'in' on this thing. I will be curious to see how many people will get the point or simply leave. It is going to be a fun experiment! I hope somebody will record it!

Feel free to break out your lady alts to celebrate!

Also, EU line battle in a few hours from now and our usual SAdraGoons line battle later tonight.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
So wait, they nerfed cannons? Do they just hate fun?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

So wait, they nerfed cannons? Do they just hate fun?

Accuracy has dropped in the beta slighty, but yes the developers seem to have a horrible habit of listening to the fun hating rose tinted spectacle wearing mod fan boys.

Which is why we've had more balance and tweak patches than actual content.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Good point, I have no problem with the balance in this game, with good matchups and admins, anyone can win.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I'm down for some Napoleonic warring. I'm terrible at this (and every) game and in the UK, so EU games only I guess. Here's my steam thingy http://steamcommunity.com/id/megadyptes/

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

On release I seem to recall all of us agreeing things were perfectly balanced and didn't need any major tweaking. I guess since we're ~casuals~ our opinions don't really matter to the king spergs who complain the loudest.

Anyways, enough silly talk. We got the EU line battle in less than an hour and our American one tonight around 8PM EST. Goons may be either Rifles or Artillery.

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

8 minutes until EU Sunday Line Battle.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm calling off and stopping us from attending this event as we get sweet gently caress all people showing and the guys organizing it expect me to develop psychic powers to communicate with them as they have no TS address or STEAM group to get the details from.

See you guys in the American event later.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Alright gentlegoons, almost everything for tonights line battle is all set. I have the 38e in on the joke for a round, I hope somebody can record or screenshot our 'guest' in action.

Goons have rifles for this event too! Remember to get in ASAP and check my Mumble details for the info to beat the pubbie rush again!

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Goonish rifles! Pubbie rush is going to hurt this server, so get it while it's hot.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I've posted an announcement right now and my Mumble profile already has the password and all the other junk. Get in the server ASAP goons.

You don't want to miss the round with our special 'guest' tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

That was pretty fun. I shot a bird out of the sky and clubbed a foreign man to death with the butt of my rifle. Would play again A+++++

The headset that I've owned for almost three years decided to die sometime between the failed EU match earlier and the NA one, I blame goons for its death. I've ordered a cheap one from Amazon so I should hopefully get that in a few days time.

• Locked thread