Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
God I'll miss those birds when the next patch removes them from the random maps :(.

Anyway we have two line battles tonight in both time zones, the EU one starting in around fifty minutes from this post and the American one at 8PM EST. Show to either if you can.

Also, after the LB always persuaded me and several other goons to get in on Guns Of Icarus and it is amazingly fun working together in a claptrap Airship shooting dudes out of the sky. Give it a try if you think you are up for it.

Props to Pants in buying that 4-Pack!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
The EU event is starting in ten minutes time.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We're starting now, get in I got the password and junk already.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Some crappy screenshots I took while floating around in the afterlife.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Those are some actually pretty good screenshots I have to say.

Anyway goons, our American monday night line battle is happening in less than an hour. Feel free to show up and hang around in Mumble.

Also, here is that crazy Russian movie about those whacky Lancers with subtitles. It is pretty over the top.

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Soldaten bereiten zu dieser Phantasie Vogel schieben!
15 minutes. Get in.

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
No North American event tonight?

Edit - Nevermind. See you all there.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We had some good high moments in last nights line battle, and a pretty balling American turn out. My favourite bits were watching Blue Spy BLOCK THREE BAYONETS AT ONCE WITH A SWORD WHILST GETTING UP FROM A KNOCK DOWN, last stand in death gorge and holding ground in that canyon and just gunning down silly over confident Lancers then mauling their Infantry buddies a second later.

Anyways, EU siege event happening in around 50 minutes time. Feel free to drop on by and play!

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
The EU Siege event is upon us. Please join the mumble channel for the 'tails (details) so we can get 'yonettin' (bayonetting).

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Anyone else coming? only four of us in Mumble and we need at least five to actually play.

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
No line battle tonight?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Rhandhali posted:

No line battle tonight?

No American events until Thursday with North And South.

sdasdas
Dec 29, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

No American events until Thursday with North And South.

I don't see it in the SADraGoons spreadsheet, what time is it happening?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

sdasdas posted:

I don't see it in the SADraGoons spreadsheet, what time is it happening?

8PM EST. Usual time for American events.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

North and South linebattle in 45 min! Get 'yer civil war on.

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Fort Sensible was the best thing about that match.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Apparently we've been playing closed beta line battles with North And South, which is why getting a download link to .404 was incredibly hard and it isn't supported by whoever the hell is working on it now. Good news though, .404 is getting released this weekend. We might have to update again for next weeks one so watch this space.

It'll be nice to play a proper 200 man N&S line battle again. Also, the Franco-Prussian War mod is coming out towards the end of this month or early June. And then there is the patch for NW.

Also, we got two line battles tonight with possible Guns Of Icarus matches afterwards.

EU line battle in 40 minutes time and the American line battle is at 9PM EST. Both are Napoleonic Wars.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

American LB in 45 min! Hop on in mumble.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I got the server details already goons, start getting in the Mumble for the usual Friday Night Napoleonic antics!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Alright goons, N&S did a final update and released .404 to all the public instead of just those testing it with some line battles.

This means everyone for one last time with North And South must do the update dance! Here are two links to the patch for .404 just extract and yes all to the N&S module folder [b]DO NOT USE THE UPDATER AT ALL OR EVER AGAIN. Hurray you have North And South all updated!

.404 Update! Download me goons!

.404 back up in case pubbies overwhelm the first link.

There is also a new Installer with the recent .404 stuff for new players. Whoever is in charge of the dropbox can you remove the old version and put this and the .404 patch on it? thanks!

Count Mippi
Nov 7, 2009

Benson's gonna drop his balls when he sees how good we set up these chairs. He's gonna be all like: "Oh no, my gumballs!"

In honor of NoHitCharlie and Pants, I give you Fort Sensible, dontcha know:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In around 30 minutes time we are doing Cops American Siege event! come on into the Mumble channel when you can!

Also, bonus battlefield spooning!

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Shoved the patch into the NaS dropbox, I'm now slowly downloading the patched installer for anygoon who's planning on joining us anew. Considering how lovely my computer is being (thanks for the defrag advice whoever, it didn't do much :smith:) I'll probably be out of the linebattle game for the time being.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Bummer. Well when you have it all uploaded tell me so I can update all the links.

Our Sunday American line battle in in 30 minutes time, the details are already on me in Mumble please do get into the server ASAP. Goons are French Artillery tonight.

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Sunday Line battle in 30 minutes. Get in mumble now.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Suiting up in my brown pants for tonight.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Artillery? Well, I guess I could risk one teeny crash for that

Edit: and crashed on the server browser gently caress this PC

Nine of Eight fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 27, 2013

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Nurdbot tell the regiments who pulled out that they are scum.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

They are jerks and I am mildly annoyed at them.

We got two events tonight both time zones, our EU one in less than an hour now and the American evening one at 8PM EST. Come and join either party goons.

We'll be playing Steampunk Zeppelin battles after one of them too!

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
There is an EU line battle in 10 minutes time. Let's go for the dizzying heights of 14 goons attending like we had on Friday.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Heeeeeey it is starting in a few minutes. Start showing up in the Mumble please goons you aren't late.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Good news and bad news.

First the bad news. Both the EU line battle and Cops Monday Line Battle have been cancelled by the organizers.

The good news though for Americans, Is I have already set us up with a new Monday line battle at the same time more or less with the same rules. As for the Monday EU one, I might look for another EU event on another day perhaps?

Also, watch this neat North And South Line battle commentary video thing to ease the pain.

And then come into Mumble before this NW line battle begins!

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Goons! We have a line battle in less than 12 minutes and only 3 of us in Mumble. Please get in immediately.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Aight, the dropbox is fully updated.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Thanks man, you are a godsend. Hope you fix those PC issues soon! I'll update all the N&S stuff right away.

Also, Our EU siege event starts in half an hour so goons come on in the Mumble!

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
The EU siege event starts in five minutes, so get in the mumble. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as to what faction we are playing.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

A reminder post that the event for tonight at 8PM EST is for North And South and yes it has updated. See the below post from myself to get what you need goons.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Alright goons, N&S did a final update and released .404 to all the public instead of just those testing it with some line battles.

This means everyone for one last time with North And South must do the update dance! Here are two links to the patch for .404 just extract and yes all to the N&S module folder [b]DO NOT USE THE UPDATER AT ALL OR EVER AGAIN. Hurray you have North And South all updated!

.404 Update! Download me goons!

.404 back up in case pubbies overwhelm the first link.

There is also a new Installer with the recent .404 stuff for new players. Whoever is in charge of the dropbox can you remove the old version and put this and the .404 patch on it? thanks!

Also, the Franco Prussian War mod is slated for release this weekend!

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

North and south in 20 min! Hop in mumble!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Gentlemen I present to you the Franco Prussian War:

quote:

"The great questions of the time will not be resolved by speeches and majority decisions—
that was the great mistake of 1848 and 1849—but by iron and blood".
- Otto Von Bismarck

Overview:

Blood and Iron is a modification for Napoleonic wars set in Franco-Prussian war of 1870-71. The aim is to accurately represent the Franco-Prussian war while creating a fun and balanced game.

History

The Franco-Prussian War was the largest and most important war in Europe since Waterloo, changing the face of the continent for the next fifty years. Having already defeated Austria in 1866 as part of his continuing plan for the unification of Germany, the Chancellor of Prussia Otto von Bismarck engineered this war against the French of the Second Empire under Napoleon III. The contrast between the efficient Prussian war-machine under Helmuth von Moltke with the shambolic performance of the French Army shocked all observers. Within a matter of weeks, the Prussians and their allies had won a series of spectacular victories, leading to Napoleon’s abdication and the establishment of the French Third Republic, followed by the Siege of Paris and the abortive revolution of the Paris Commune. In 1871 a unified Germany dominated by Prussia was proclaimed, eclipsing France as the leading power in Europe, and leaving a legacy of rivalry and hatred that was not finally resolved until the end of the Second World War.

The causes of the Franco–Prussian War are deeply rooted in the events surrounding the German unification. In the aftermath of the Austro–Prussian War (1866), Prussia had annexed numerous territories and formed the North German Confederation. This new power destabilized the European balance of power established by the Congress of Vienna (1815) after the Napoleonic Wars. Prussia then turned its attention towards the south of Germany, where it sought to expand its influence.

France was strongly opposed to the annexation of the Southern German States (Bavaria, Wurttemberg, Baden and Hesse-Darmstadt), which would have created too powerful a country next to its border. In Prussia, a war against France was deemed necessary to arouse German nationalism in those States that would allow the unification of a great German empire. This aim was epitomized by Prussian Chancellor Otto von Bismarck's quote: "I knew that a Franco–Prussian War must take place before a united Germany was formed." Bismarck also knew that France should be regarded as the aggressor in the conflict to bring the Southern German States to side with Prussia, hence giving Germans numerical superiority.

However, the immediate cause of the war resides in the candidacy of a Prussian prince to the throne of Spain. France feared encirclement by an alliance between Prussia and Spain. The Hohenzollern prince's candidacy was withdrawn under French diplomatic pressure, but Otto von Bismarck goaded the French into declaring war by altering a telegram sent by William I. Releasing the Ems Telegram to the public, Bismarck made it sound as if the king had treated the French envoy in a demeaning fashion. Six days later, France declared war on Prussia and Southern German States immediately sided with Prussia.

Features

New animations, Bolt Action rifle reload animation, new walk animation, new idle animation, firing animation.
New sounds for all firearms including individual sounds for the Dreyse and Chassepot.
Fixable bayonets.
Medics.
Lots of new textures, models
Lots more, it's a total conversion.

Download Links

Mediafire - http://www.mediafire.com/download/0f3n89238s4kbhm/Blood_and_Iron.exe
Moddb - http://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-and-iron/downloads/blood-and-iron/#3827056

Install it to your Warband module folder. I'll be taking screenshots too soon and sharing. Events may be happening in both time zones this weekend!

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

SeanBeansShako posted:

Gentlemen I present to you the Franco Prussian War:

Definitely down for any weekend games if I"m around this weekend.

• Locked thread