Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazzard
Mar 16, 2013
Since we're starved for events, what do people think of VikingR?
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,272650.0.html
It's an 6:30pm gmt.
The VikingR community have a thing about Viking looking names, so you may want to change your names slightly. I don't bother but you never know.
Fighting is simple. Mob up in a shield wall, hold formation and swing as the enemy moves in to swing at you.
They do require getting into their Teamspeak for the event though, but I suppose you could get away with being in Teamspeak and Mumble, with Teamspeak muted and I just pass along messages when needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
Why aren't we doing this? This looks great!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Problem with that event, we'd all have to cram into the same TeamSpeak as the pubbies. I don't know how to feel about that.

That was pretty good fun, I'm happy to do a few hours of PS2 with draGoons once a week, maybe on a Saturday or Sunday evening. Not too much.

Anyways, we've got the 63e Sunday NW line battle tommorow in the US time zone. I'll try and grab us a new weekend event EU wise at some point next week too.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
I don't think the Teamspeak would be that bad. We can just mute our volume using the Windows volume mixer and pretend to listen to their dumbfuckery.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I'm not going to justify myself as to why I don't like PS2. Suffice to say I'm sick of it and that's that.

I'm all for vikingr though. My name is already Nordic so got that covered.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Skoll posted:

I'm not going to justify myself as to why I don't like PS2. Suffice to say I'm sick of it and that's that.

Håbe

Noctis Horrendae fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 6, 2014

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
No, jackass. I just don't want to go on a rant on why I don't like that lovely game because no one wants to hear it and I don't want to loving get into it.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Skoll posted:

No, jackass. I just don't want to go on a rant on why I don't like that lovely game because no one wants to hear it and I don't want to loving get into it.

håbe

Noctis Horrendae fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 6, 2014

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I like how the dumbass who's been probated SIX times so far this year for being a poo poo poster is trying to say I'm lol internet mad because I won't extrapolate to him why I dislike a video game.

Why don't you stay probated next time and just gently caress off?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Chill your roll guys.

We'll give the Vikingr event a go, though these small scale style Warband mod events never really have the same appeal to me as the bigger NW brawl.

EDIT: Ugh, even if one of the rules is NO FLANKING.

Download the thing here now.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 6, 2014

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Skoll posted:

I like how the dumbass who's been probated SIX times so far this year for being a poo poo poster is trying to say I'm lol internet mad because I won't extrapolate to him why I dislike a video game.

håbe

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Noctis Horrendae posted:

This is a forum and forums are made for discussing things. If you're not keen on discussing things when prompted to do so, you probably shouldn't be on a forum at all. Consider leaving and never coming back.

You're not even worth insulting anymore. You're such a waste of space that you should have been a cheap motel blow job and nothing more.

SeanBeansShako posted:

We'll give the Vikingr event a go, though these small scale style Warband mod events never really have the same appeal to me as the bigger NW brawl.

It seems to have a dedicated niche community to it so it's probably more stable than the other mods we've tried.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I feel like this last page has shown the general gist of our NW stuff as of late. Somethingsomething Nurdbot whining about numbers and two bad posters posting badly.

Anyway. Looking at the rules it looks like everyone but a interpreter or two can just power mute and stay in mumble just fine. Shouldn't be to bad.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Skoll posted:

You're not even worth insulting anymore. You're such a waste of space that you should have been a cheap motel blow job and nothing more.

It seems to have a dedicated niche community to it so it's probably more stable than the other mods we've tried.

håbe

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm just saying, these events really aren't impressive unless there is like 200 dudes with a lovely to average to decent skill ceiling so we can get some blood without getting our asses kicked.

I mean I'm not denying smaller and more unique stuff is more fun to a point, It is just the Warband mods don't really click with me. And I'm in an easy rear end position dealing with the NW stuff in the same place whilst Warband mod stuff requires me to make effort.

But yeah, download Vikingr in advance for tommorow if you can, We'll give it a go.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'm just saying, these events really aren't impressive unless there is like 200 dudes with a lovely to average to decent skill ceiling so we can get some blood without getting our asses kicked.

I mean I'm not denying smaller and more unique stuff is more fun to a point, It is just the Warband mods don't really click with me. And I'm in an easy rear end position dealing with the NW stuff in the same place whilst Warband mod stuff requires me to make effort.

But yeah, download Vikingr in advance for tommorow if you can, We'll give it a go.

6:00 GMT, correct? AM or PM? That's either 1 AM or 12 PM for me, both of which are terrifyingly inconvenient.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It starts at 6:30PM Brit time yeah.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

SeanBeansShako posted:

It starts at 6:30PM Brit time yeah.

snip

Noctis Horrendae fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 6, 2014

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Skoll posted:

Noctis Horrendae posted:

Apparently making conversation and simply asking why someone doesn't like a video game is taboo in your eyes.

I'll be Håben, which is probably the closest you can get to Hoopz in Danish.

Skoll posted:

Noctis Horrendae posted:

Congratulations, you've went from passive aggressive to full blown angry-over-the-internet over a simple comment. I see why the goon that you debated with on Mumble hosed off and gave up.
If you had half a brain, you could probably summarize what's so bad about Planetside 2 within a few sentences.

Skoll posted:

Noctis Horrendae posted:

This is a forum and forums are made for discussing things. If you're not keen on discussing things when prompted to do so, you probably shouldn't be on a forum at all. Consider leaving and never coming back.

Skoll posted:

Noctis Horrendae posted:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at how pitiful you are.

What

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

snip

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Drunk posting drunk.

but Noctis really is a piece of poo poo who should probably :suicide:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah, I'm going to ask you guys to never post anything like that ever again. Be chill dudes like The Dude and the golden rule and all that.

So uh, how about them Austrian Hungarians?

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Woah there Nurdbot, are you trying to say that there are non-Austrian Hungarians?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Maybe this thread is better off just being "get in Mumble in 10 minutes."

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Skoll posted:

Drunk posting drunk.

but Noctis really is a piece of poo poo who should probably :suicide:

snip

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
Can't wait for tonight's LB and the inevitable shouting match between noctis and skoll

:allears:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Alright, so I set up this weeks schedule more or less. Remember we have a new NW event in the US time zone on Thursday to replace the gaping hole in our lives left by the KPR Siege.

Remember to show up in Mumble an hour before the Vikingr event so we can get you all set up, then we all pile into the TeamSpeak for the fun.

The biggest question I have for EU goons is this, should I try and I get us a new EU event on Wednesday or grab something on saturday?

I wish the guy who did the Official Saturday event wasn't a lazy massive goon hating ham now. I'm still pretty annoyed at the whole petty 'introduce a dumb new rule to get rid of goons' thing he did. That and he was the slowest loving counter in the universe. It took 20 minutes past the deadline to balance both sides using his fingers and toes.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Can I not install teamspeak but still play vikingr?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Get in the Mumble if you are interested in this experimental Shield Battle now. We need to set this mod up in advance, because there is patch with it.

We're keeping the same tag, I suggest making a clone profile if you want a bird themed banner.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In 20 minutes time we our our Sunday American NW event. Hope to see some of you goons there!

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

10 minutes until the line battle. Get in.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
I'm gonna be doing Vikingr with or without you guys every few weeks. Hit me up on steam if you'd like to join me, name is "hoog".

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well if you had fun and will be playing it in the future, I guess my job is sort of done in that reguard.

It is busy monday gooooons, in 40 minutes time we'll be attending our Monday EU event whilst tonight at 8PM EST we'll be rocking the battlefield with the KPR line battle. Hope to see the usual crowd at either ones.

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
EU event in about 20 minutes.
Get in mumble, stand in line and get shot.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

everyone do the nerdbot

hottest new move in town

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

You push your hips forward and then your corpse lamely flops to the ground with bits scattering to the wind. It is a slow burn sort of dance but I am sure it will pick up.

In around 40 minutes time we'll be doing our Monday EU Event! hope to get a good turn out for this one both goons and pubbies in general!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
:3: "All right men, get in defilade behind this hill, I'm taking a look at what's beyond there."

:catholic: "Sound orders, sir."

:3: "Thanks! I just learned that word yesterday. Defilade defilade defilade... Heee, it's fun to say."

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I know you guys loving love Bagpipes, especially with Pants music mod but my god it is tricky to concentrate and figuire out how to put us in the best shooting least death inviting spot when three Bagpipes and two flags around all up in ones 19th century grill.

Also, I was a fool and assumed pubbies would use common sense and move up when we gave them the opening to do so. A foolish foolish fool.

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
The only real solution there is to never play scotts ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Soldaten bereiten zu dieser Phantasie Vogel schieben!
20 minutes. Get in mumble.

• Locked thread