Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pantaloons L'Fragrant
May 1, 2000

Yuss the re-proliferation and et cetera.

Nurdbot's historical armor on display.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Pantaloons L'Fragrant posted:

Nurdbot's historical armor on display.

I always thought the holes would be at about crotch level.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It is my lucky cuirass. How do I know this? the entry hole is at the front instead of the back! well to me that is lucky, seeing who shot me at least.

Allegedly we have our THURSDAY AMERICAN LINE BATTLE tonight around 8PM EST. Come form lines and get shot at for crazy early European Nationalism!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

SeanBeansShako posted:

It is my lucky cuirass. How do I know this? the entry hole is at the front instead of the back! well to me that is lucky, seeing who shot me at least.

Allegedly we have our THURSDAY AMERICAN LINE BATTLE tonight around 8PM EST. Come form lines and get shot at for crazy early European Nationalism!

Nile Labble! 8pm! 54th Official, no fun allowed.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We have our Friday EU line battle in 20 minutes time, c'mon goons start getting in that Mumble. We have a American event too tonight at 8PM EST!

Also, The KPR siege seems to be pulling +100 people again and the KPR wonder if we are interested in coming back?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

In half an hour, we're doing US line battle. Our dearest Nurdbot is gonna try to get us Cav so we can all charge at bayonets and die. Come join the Mumble!

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
I've announced the new Imperial Japanese faction for Blood and Iron over on the FSE forums.. right.. over here.

There are some screenshots of the troops and the video that's posted bellow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf3VJ47uTOM

And we have some kind of NW event happening soon. Come and die with us Goons!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I got us Cavalry tonight. Show up right now in Mumble.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
We got to get that Civ 5 game in before fall so we can move onto Alpha Centauri 2, now.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Who said something about Alpha Centauri 2?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Nobody.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The next Civ game is going to pretty much be that game in spirit.

We have our Sunday American NW event in 30 minutes time goons, start coming into the Mumble now!

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
EA owns the rights to Alpha Centauri so it has to be in spirit only.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Saved for illegible posterity.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

For one shining moment I was a NW super pro. And then I went back to trying to kill dudes and I sucked again.

Anywho, guess what? I got us a new EU event for Sundays! Read about the rules and stuff. One down and one more to go.

We have two events tonight in both time zones, the EU one of course like always 30 minutes around the time of this very post and the American line battle tonight at 8PM EST.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Line battles in a few minutes, get in mumble

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

American NW Event in 30 minutes, get in the Mumble early so you don't get locked out like some of you did last week now!

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Soldaten bereiten zu dieser Phantasie Vogel schieben!
20 minutes. Get in early or there'll be no slots left.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We did some interesting things and had a few good moments tonight but lately with Mumble things are kind of sliding into LOUD NOISES So yeah, this is getting a bit tiresome now. Lets make an effort to keep the snark to a minimum until we are all dead. Talking over each over is almost as bad as touching the poop as we already get distracted and confused enough with the bright colours and loud noises of the game.

Also, I was wrong and I didn't have the password in my Mumble because we got distracted talking about bullshit in Mumble in the set up. My bad on that part.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Dude, bright colors and loud noises are the ruin of us. We need silenced weapons and camouflage.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Hi guys, apologies for disappearing for months at a time. Anyway, please accept this video as recompense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHQJBqgPV98

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Accepted, zany soundtrack and all.

Also, we got the EU Siege event tonight in a few hours time from this post. We'll be shooting cannons at dudes! CANNONS!

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

SeanBeansShako posted:

touching the poop

We need to find a new loving phrase.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Gimnbo posted:

We need to find a new loving phrase.

Skolling

Don Sultan
Aug 14, 2009

I am Sea Lion, hear me rwblbwoblbwoblbwoarr!
motorboating in sewage

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Agitating me.

We're keeping touching the poop because pubbie drama is repulsive poo poo and no goon or sane person should touch it or any kind of poop willingly. Now enough about scatalogy references, we got a NW siege event in 30 minutes and I want you goons here to play with some (cannon) balls!

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

'touching the poop' sounds dumb as hell, I like Sultan's idea.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

You aren't suppose to like it, It is my way of saying stop interacting with other people playing the game goons you are giving me a stroke goddamn.

Don Sultan
Aug 14, 2009

I am Sea Lion, hear me rwblbwoblbwoblbwoarr!
Never played frisbee with a cowpat?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Goons slumming amongst the quaintly dangerous fascist natives.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 15, 2014

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Got around to posting them videos you guys wanted.

Drunken Boogoose Antics 1 and two. Also, Desu attempting to lead a pike line and Shogeton leads us speaking French!

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Well, I guess Shogeton leading in French is still better than when I tried to lead in French.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I think it speaks well to our character that none of us made a surrender joke. Because we are CLASSY LADS.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Indeed. And hey, in this era, French soldiers would gently caress you up. It's kind of empty making French surrendermonkey jokes when half of Europe got their poo poo kicked in by France.

Also, it's not my native tongue, so any actual French goons watching, my apologies for any horrible France inthere.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Any History fanboy like myself will tell you even post Napoleon loving with France was still a bad idea.

Anyways, in 20 minutes time we're doing a NW line battle. We are line infantry. Lets kick some rear end!

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Suspect Bucket posted:

I think it speaks well to our character that none of us made a surrender joke. Because we are CLASSY LADS.

Pubbies do have a tendency to pull mass routs when playing French, like literally the entire team running away. It's the only way they can keep the joke alive.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
What's with all the dying servers? It's been a rough week for NW hosts.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Shogeton posted:

Also, it's not my native tongue, so any actual French goons watching, my apologies for any horrible France inthere.

Your French was pretty comprehensible, which makes it way better than most French people's English.

If you guys had been playing Blood and Iron it would have been a decent reenactment of the 1871 Battle of Le Mans where at least half of the French army didn't speak French and had no idea what the hell was going on.

The history nerds here might like this story, which may or may not actually be true, I can't find any good sources: When Gambetta was reviewing his troops a Breton soldier yelled out "D'ar ger ma jeneral!", which sounds a bit like "à la guerre mon général!" or "to war my general!". Gambetta noted in his journal that day how brave these Bretons were in the face of certain defeat. Of course, "D'ar ger ma jeneral" doesn't mean "to war!" it means "Let's go home my general!".

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

From what I have read about that war, that anecdote seems very very true.

Anyways, sadly this friday we have no EU event as our current one just curled up and died last week BUT I have found us a good solid one with over 150 attendees for us next week.

Comfort yourself with these really nice looking Scourge Of War Waterloo WIP screenshots and the knowledge we still have the American event tonight at 8PM EST.

Also, added a few more videos to the YouTube channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
GOONS. NW EVENT NOW. MUMBLE.

That is all.

• Locked thread