Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Apparently TW mods got VC for free. Should have hung out a bit longer Nurdbot and gotten a Viking Brytenwalda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I was a mod for the FSE forum, which was seperate from the TaleWorlds forum.

I wouldn't have played it, sounds kind of bland and the novelty of multiplayer was long ruined by the terrible people that still play organised VikingR.

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Since you guys are playing N&S...

Here's some of the environment work I've been doing on the module:

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
i bought this dumb game lets play

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Skoll posted:

Apparently TW mods got VC for free. Should have hung out a bit longer Nurdbot and gotten a Viking Brytenwalda.

Skoll dropping super secret irc leaks like no tomorrow :tinfoil:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Deofuta posted:

Skoll dropping super secret irc leaks like no tomorrow :tinfoil:

Don't trust the man with the totenkopf av! :godwinning:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

anne frank fanfic posted:

i bought this dumb game lets play

We're on break until January. I suggest joining the group and waiting.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Air Buccaneers is now free on steam, I remember we played it years ago and I don't remember not liking it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
looks like boat game but the people on the boat can actually fight and do things instead of being irrelvant

looks cool

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
I was just told that the game is on sale today on steam for 66% off, if anyone doesn't have it at this point, may as well pick it up now eh?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
What's everyone looking to buy this winter sale?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Vertiginous Golf

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Not sure, but if you haven't yet picked up Guns Of Icarus/Payday 2/Tabletop or any of the other games we tool around with now and then now is the time to get them at their possible cheapest.

Speaking of other games! I'd like to try and make one last attempt to trying to get some goons together and give Planetside 2 another go. Yeah, I know some of you found it kind of crude and meh in reguards to some things but development wise in the last year quite a few things we found tedious have been tweaked and changed enough to give the thing another go. I can't list all the changes, you can read about them in the official forums thread here. But the ones off the top of my head include a linked sort of lattice system between facilities with some new ones that encourages logical progressions, factions warp gates I think can be seized or rotate randomly on all the planets, a new planet to get killed on, a slight reduction of player damage on the heavier AT guns of tanks and other weapons shared crew exp in vehicles which are easier to spawn in and a bunch of new stuff worth checking out.

I really did like playing a game where I could punk dudes close range in the face whilst using a Jetpack. It was hella fun.

Oh, and to keep things vaguely relevant, a release date for a certain long rear end in development Napoleonic mod has been announced too.

And come watch Charlie stream a weird but fun looking Japanese movie about Rockabillies fighting zombies on the 20th!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is Planetside 2 still Korean MMO grindy though?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The trick is to not give a gently caress about the grind and have fun shooting dudes in the face. Plus, jetpacks!

JET. PACKS.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
But.. but... my progression!

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Soldaten bereiten zu dieser Phantasie Vogel schieben!
In fairness to the movie, it has for some reason been described as rockabilly, but the band is more hard rock with the band members adopting a greaser rock appearance. Or, as they call themselves, "jet rock 'n' roll," which is described on their wikipedia page as, "an energetic cross between the Ramones, Link Wray, rockabilly, 77 punk, and garage rock."

Also, vaguely related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIKqgE4BwAY

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

But what are their uniforms like?

Seriously now, if you are missing the THRILL and EXCTIEMENT of line battles these last few weeks, I'll happily point out we've got a whole Playlist filled with a whole years worth of them. I just added our most recent ones from early december.

So yeah, just sit back and enjoy the sound of rambling nerds trying to not suck horribly at a game. In NAPOLEONVISION!

EDIT: Also, if you are down with giving Planetside 2 another chance we got an event scheduled on the 29th. Install and update the thing now to save time!

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 20, 2014

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

does anyone watch these I am genuinely curious

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Is there any kind of poo poo I need to do to get into the group, or is this just something that you show up for on the day of the event? I want to try out the organized line battles in NW sometime.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

VerdantSquire posted:

Is there any kind of poo poo I need to do to get into the group, or is this just something that you show up for on the day of the event? I want to try out the organized line battles in NW sometime.

Basically you just show up around ten minutes before the event starts (8PM East coast US time) and just roll with what happens.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What server is it? Apparently all my characters but one got deleted.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Skoll posted:

What server is it? Apparently all my characters but one got deleted.

Oh wow that doesn't bode well at all. Uh, Emerald still flying the colours of the NC to middle of the road butt rock.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

SeanBeansShako posted:

Basically you just show up around ten minutes before the event starts (8PM East coast US time) and just roll with what happens.

Okay, I'll try and make it to the next event then. I assume that I'll get invited to steam group once I play in a couple of events, right? Or are there any hazing rituals I should know about first?

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Post a 500 word essay on what it means to be goon and a secret handshake are all that stands between you and dieing well with screaming men carrying bayonets.

On a more serious note it's the gameplay itself which will be the real hazing ritual.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

VerdantSquire posted:

Okay, I'll try and make it to the next event then. I assume that I'll get invited to steam group once I play in a couple of events, right? Or are there any hazing rituals I should know about first?

You can just join the STEAM group it is open, the hazing ritual is actually trying to kill a pubbie in a one on one bayonet fight whilst lamenting over the clunky melee combat of Warband.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Deofuta posted:

Post a 500 word essay on what it means to be goon

I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay.I'm gay. I'm gay. I'm gay. I'm gay. I'm gay. I'm gay. I'm gay. I'm gay.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

SeanBeansShako posted:

You can just join the STEAM group it is open, the hazing ritual is actually trying to kill a pubbie in a one on one bayonet fight whilst lamenting over the clunky melee combat of Warband.
Well this is weird. I didn't think it worked the first time because when I clicked on the join group button it changed to "Membership by invite only", but I am actually a member of the group now according to everything else in steam. Whatever, all that matters is that I'm in the group.

Deofuta posted:

Post a 500 word essay on what it means to be goon
Will you accept a 500 character ASCII art of goatse?

VerdantSquire fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 21, 2014

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Make it Napoleonic Wars themed somehow.

Yeah, the STEAM Sale is messing with STEAM. Last night all the guides and misc community stuff all vanished. Also, we're assembling to watch a streamed movie in Mumble assuming Charlie returns.

Timmy Horsey
Dec 13, 2012

Welp, the jig is up. Now I should join you guys and occasionally shoot men in colorful outfits.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sometimes we even hit them! It is a magical moment for us all.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Just a reminder we are trying Planetside 2 again in a days time, if you are up for it set it up now and do show up.

EDIT: DLC is also 66% off in the STEAM sale today!

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 28, 2014

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

When are we back, anyway

there's only so many times of being bored and going "heywannaplayboardgames" I can do.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The 11th or 12 of the new year good for everyone to get back in the saddle?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I am pretty sure no one actually left the saddle based on the activity in my friendlist.

You can start scheduling again.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
It looks like my new class schedule this quarter is going to severely limit my line battle access again :(.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
There's nothing like grabbing a platoon of grenadiers and rolling up a whole line in a charge.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I guess I'll start pretending to give a gently caress about pubbies and doing NW events in early January, around the 6-7th. Please just let me survive the new year first.

Bobigondo
Nov 27, 2013
Got this on the Steam special.
Found out the hard way that environments are now destructible, while blowing smoke at frenchies.

South african goon in the EU timezone, but I'm sure I can make it to some North American events in the new year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Welcome aboard, join the STEAM group as well if you can.

Also, I'm wearily watching the N&S thread as it seems 1.0 might be coming soon in the next few weeks. So you guys actually have a reason to ask me if the mod is up to date every time now.

I am weary because some dudes got in a huff over the forward fold in the frigging forage caps. Against the developer. With photographic evidence from the time proving them wrong. Somewhere in that thread is useful info.

• Locked thread