Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Probably after the linebattle, but if you harass nurdbot he might play sooner who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Send all DDO stuff to Lamadar. He's the dude doing all that, I'm just the bard.

Our friday NW line battle thing tonight in around 40 minutes. I have secured as cavalry, show up so we don't look like that weird person who still has a horse in your town, You know that guy.

With the eyes.

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
I added a thing to North and South for us:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Glorious. I trust it is right at the back of the banner section so nobody will see?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
CAV TONIGHT. Be as cool as this guy! Except not Rhodesian and racist. 8pm EST Monday Events!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Technically until they changed their name, any Rhodesian was rascist by default because of that Imperialist gently caress Rhodes.

Anyway, tonight at 8PM EST we'll be rolling siege and line battle deep now the map they've chosen will be more tolerable and quicker to win than the Alamo one. Do show up and have fun if you feel like it.

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Soldaten bereiten zu dieser Phantasie Vogel schieben!
Line battle in 30 minutes.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Came, stood in line, shot people, reset hell.

Good times, 10/10 would march again

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Props to Skoll for suggestion this to some of the newer faces. If you know goons who might be interested, bring them over.

It was great though I really wish the admin team for the event would improve. It is just embarassing how slow things are, the pubbies for this one don't help as they don't seem to hold back and actually harass them. Which is a lovely thing to do, the NW community never ceases to disappoint me one way or the other.

I heard some of you enjoyed Ian Hislop giving the lowdown on British cultural identity (Stiff upper lip what ho) then I am happy to suggest his Not Forgotten documentary about the fates of the men who objected to being preassured and called up to fight in the 1st World War. He covers the ones who were sent to prison and the ones who choose support rolls. Good stuff.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for Hislop.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
We have a line battle in 40 minutes, dicklicks. Nurdbot is gonna try to get us Rifles or Light Infantry.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I miss being French cavalry. They were the prettiest.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Hey.

No animes while I am away.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Gamerofthegame posted:

Hey.

No animes while I am away.

oh you have no god drat idea

anime robespierre

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 12, 2015

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Apparently somebody now is working on a Revolutionary War era mod for NW. Will the community plays it? who knows!

NW halfing siege line event in around 40 minutes. Come for the fort stay for the line.

We have cannons FYI.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SeanBeansShako posted:

Apparently somebody now is working on a Revolutionary War era mod for NW. Will the community plays it? who knows!

NW halfing siege line event in around 40 minutes. Come for the fort stay for the line.

We have cannons FYI.

I'd be down for some good ol' guerrilla actions against Redcoats.

burnaboy
Jun 2, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
line battle in 40 minutes.
come bitch about pubbies with us.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

burnaboy posted:

line battle in 40 minutes.
come bitch about pubbies with us.

LESS BITCHING, MORE BAYONETING

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Suspect Bucket posted:

oh you have no god drat idea

anime robespierre

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The Imperial Guard does not loving retreat, uguu~

Serious time, last night we as a clan were declared OP as Lancers by a handful of confused pubbies that did not see us spend almost 10 minutes chasing a handful of Hussars around as Lancers. I guess we'll be patched out in the upcoming NW update.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

SeanBeansShako posted:

Serious time, last night we as a clan were declared OP

The gently caress are you people doing while I'm gone?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SeanBeansShako posted:

The Imperial Guard does not loving retreat, uguu~

Serious time, last night we as a clan were declared OP as Lancers by a handful of confused pubbies that did not see us spend almost 10 minutes chasing a handful of Hussars around as Lancers. I guess we'll be patched out in the upcoming NW update.

Spearing that rambo motherfucker off his horse after we chased him for ten minutes was the highlight of my night. That and horse bumping the last guy alive to death.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Gimnbo posted:

The gently caress are you people doing while I'm gone?

Literally nothing but playing cavalry last night. The team the opposing pubbies on was just losing so badly, they assumed we had merged with the already too OP power of lances and was the true cause of defeat.

Instead of you know, just losing. We spent the first half of that round just waiting. Clearly this community is the internet cat lady of gaming communities now.

Skoll posted:

Spearing that rambo motherfucker off his horse after we chased him for ten minutes was the highlight of my night. That and horse bumping the last guy alive to death.

He was oddly smug about it, despite the fact he contributed less to that round than we did. Ironically keeping us occupied long enough so our numbers were big enough to swarm the last stand cluster gently caress around their cannons.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 17, 2015

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

You make it sound like that enemy rambo was the best cav officer we ever had.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Gimnbo posted:

You make it sound like that enemy rambo was the best cav officer we ever had.

I HAVE A BRILLIANT NEW STRATEGY

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

No we're not blindly following pubbie officers, friendly or enemy. We'd die more.

You guys not notice we're usually the last ones alive, even when we make multiple contact with the enemy? we're just that good.

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

You make it sound like my holding us back and waiting for an opportune moment meant we didn't do much, but I remember that round clearly:

It was midday, and the sun was beating down on both sides causing exhaustion to set in long before the battle began in earnest. It didn't help that those in charge had difficulty deciding on the field of battle. There I was, tall in my saddle with the light gleaming off my brow, wide set eyes fixed on the enemy position, sweat dripping down my pigtails. Our brave soldiers advanced quickly in an effort to control the center of the battlefield and effect our victory. It was then I made the decision that would determine the outcome that hot day: we wait. I was not unmoved, however, when I saw the enemy pawns move to capture en passant. It troubled me to witness the plight of our men, swiftly becoming o'erwhelmed by three separate fiendish regiments, but I knew it was not yet time. Then those dastardly hussars streamed down the slight incline, barreling towards our brave allies. I knew it was not yet time. I heard the wave hit and the first men were ridden down. I knew it was not yet time. Then, suddenly, chaos and disorder outstretched gave way. The enemy had stretched too far and diverted too much attention. It was time. "Charge!" I called, brandishing my sword wildly. Our numbers hastened towards the unprepared and scattered hussars and line.

We struck down those bastards, decimating horse and man, struck fear in the enemy ranks pushing them into full retreat. We, ourselves, returned to our camp, reveling in victory. However, one brave enemy took it upon himself to procure vengeance. He fought bravely, but was cut down in the end. Then, the day was all but won. We payed our respect to our fallen, but brave, foe, "Rambo, ban pls."

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now all we need is our own Charge Of The Lancer Brigade Into The Canyon poem!

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

In a few days I will be able to replace the PC I lost in the fire, so I will be able to play bad games with you fine folks very soon. I'm gonna be way underpowered in D&D online, I might have to ditch that if you guys are too far ahead.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We've not really played much of it lately. Lamadar is thinking talking with the goons who enjoy it more in transfering to the server where the majority of goons play.

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Help me write more autobiographical non-fiction by joining tonight's linebattle. 45 minutes.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It is fort attacking line battle night for us in 35 minutes from this post. Drop into the Mumble if you can make some time for NW goons!

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

You see the things here that these guys be carryin'?

Yeah, well, we're going to have em' to shoot at dudes in the line battle portion instead of muskets!

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Prepare for server resets in 55 minutes.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Something about muskets and video games and whatever.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 23, 2015

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

SeanBeansShako posted:

Something about muskets and video games and whatever.

Except for today instead of last Friday. Jump into mumble!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Time for our weekly review of forts! and how to get inside of them! as well as the line battle bit afterwards with the proper entertainment in around forty minutes from this very post.

Don Sultan
Aug 14, 2009

I am Sea Lion, hear me rwblbwoblbwoblbwoarr!
motergucking cannoni, bitches

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
Sorry I couldn't make the siege event tonight. Nepal is go, I fly out tomorrow night so I'll see you all in about three weeks. Watch the news. If you don't see or hear about me, things are going well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Kick that disaster in the butt. Hopefully when you come back the North & South module might actually be released.

• Locked thread