Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I'm down for some Napoleonic warring. I'm terrible at this (and every) game and in the UK, so EU games only I guess. Here's my steam thingy http://steamcommunity.com/id/megadyptes/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

That was pretty fun. I shot a bird out of the sky and clubbed a foreign man to death with the butt of my rifle. Would play again A+++++

The headset that I've owned for almost three years decided to die sometime between the failed EU match earlier and the NA one, I blame goons for its death. I've ordered a cheap one from Amazon so I should hopefully get that in a few days time.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Some crappy screenshots I took while floating around in the afterlife.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

SeaGoons march to victory!

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Pretty good turn out, it was fun.

Redcoats loving everywhere.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Get in the mumble, goons!

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

The Great Windmill!

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Good turnout. They put up more of a fight than the past two sieges where the first defending team lost their forts within a few minutes both times.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Well despite a terrible admin I still had fun. Even shot 3 or 4 guys and captured a flag! Remember, no rock glitching guys.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

While the melee combat in Chivalry is loving awesome it does lack bugles, drums, flags and standing in a line waiting for the inevitability of a brutal artillery inflicted death making it vastly inferior to M&B NW. Plus it doesn't even had birds to shoot at. Harumph!

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I won't be able to make it to tuesday EU battles for about a month and a bit, got some irl poo poo to do that clashes with the event.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I will never forgive them for removing the random birds.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

By shooting Nerdbot.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

My HDD is dying on me so I won't be attending any events until sometime next week when I can get a replacement.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

This is what Sharpe thinks about 'fun'

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

SS*P*R*G* rode gloriously into battle. Mod is pretty fun, although now we're probably banned from every RaW server.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

We're an undisciplined ravenous horde without the guidance of our leader. I was just joking around, though. Although we did spend a round or two team-killing each other and maybe some random pubbie got stabbed in the back one time. Plus it was just mostly mucking around anyway, hardly any people on that server, think we had at most 3-4 non goons at any one time on.

cool new Metroid game fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 30, 2013

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

It's line battling time in 15 minutes, goons. Take the King's Shilling today and fight for glory and honour!

Goons spotted!

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Yeah that's a really good time slot, I'm down for that.
Anyway, here's some screenshots.

Goons doing what they do best.

Some Russian rear end in a top hat killing one of our horses.

Fort Nurdbot.

Action shot.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Artillery train looks a lot better with more horses. Always felt sorry for that poor single horse dragging all that heavy iron about. It'd be cool to see two rows of horses pulling the train like so

I also want to be carted around the battlefield on the limber like so

:wotwot:

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Well that looks painful.

:bigtran:

edit, almost forgot this one.

Magnadickus struck down in his prime by the javelin (or whatever they are loving called, I can't remember) of Nurdbotbotticus. RIP.

cool new Metroid game fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 4, 2013

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I want a mod based on the War of the Triple Alliance. Those Paraguayan's were pretty loving hardcore bastards that just didn't know when to quit.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Hah, you really weren't joking a few months back when you said there's been mods or work on mods for almost every conflict you can imagine. :stare:
What about the 1859 Pig War? The wiki article on that one lead to the War of the Stray Dog. History is loving crazy.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Soviet Commubot posted:

Oh man, I need to make a Toledo War mod where you don't actually shoot at each other, you just wander around the swamps drunk until your government runs out of money to pay you.
That would be the most goony mod. Nerdbot would end up being the '1 wounded' in that casualties list.

I guess there's a siege event in 35 minutes.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

First round was awesome, we killed so many dudes.
But war... war never changes.

:smith:

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I completely forgot about that font changer. The default font doesn't bother me that much but it is a bit on the ugly side.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Yeah them boylovers are annoying but gently caress 'em, we can still have a good time with our Alexander fan art shields and comical hats.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

No, this dude is the best.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Just tried it out and it's pretty awesome. Everything sounds so deadly. :stare:

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Running naked backwards.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

And give you ranks. We should have ranks. Dibs on generalissimus.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I've pretty much lost interest in RaW. The mod itself is kinda fun but the userbase really puts me off. Hopefully that Roman civil war NW mod will turn out better. Speaking of Civil Wars, I've never played North & South with goons due to rarely ever playing in the Americas time zone events. It's a long shot but I don't suppose there's any N&S events that are more EU time friendly?

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Oh well. Someone should make a mod based on the The Great Emu War

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I regret nothing and stand by my command decisions. In those sort of situations I just ask myself 'What would Field Marshal Haig do?'. :parrot:

e; I downloaded that Bello Civili mod and it keeps crashing when I try to join a server.
Oh, got into another server with less people in.

cool new Metroid game fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 25, 2013

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Get in the Mumble for some 19th Century funtimes.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Good event, much better than the 15th cav 'erry day event we previously had and a proper map is always refreshing instead of random flat deserts, even if it does mean a lot more running about.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

10 minutes 'till the siege event.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

got a bit bored of the game last year so vanished but the lure of standing in lines and shooting at bad dudes with really lovely guns was too much to resist so I'm back, boys and girls.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

so this http://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-and-iron/downloads/blood-and-iron-age-of-imperialism is the most recent blood and iron version yeah? no other patches to download from elsewhere or anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

SeanBeansShako posted:

This time zone bullshit is stupid and I wish our clocks would go forward already.
nah, yanks should sort their stupid timezone bullshit out. ours is fine. :colbert:

• Locked thread