Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Promontory
Apr 6, 2011

SeanBeansShako posted:

The Friday EU line battle is in ten minutes time goons. Come on into the Mumble.

Nice OP!

Do join up goons, we're in need of boots on the virtual ground right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011

SeanBeansShako posted:

For the 3rd time this week EU line battle numbers have been so low we've struggled with using one cannon.

So yeah, I'm considering either just calling it with EU line battles or putting them off until around June?

This is pretty sad because I for one can only participate in the EU events, but if the numbers have been dropping off heavily then I figure leaving them out -for a while at least- is in order. People are busy of course and can't take part in every single event, but if the total number of people playing is that low then it'll just get frustrating to guess how many will be absent.

However, with the new thread hopefully enticing more people into relaxed and enjoyable Napoleonic action movie sequences, maybe we should see how next week pans out and then take a break if the numbers don't change.

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011
Abovementioned siege event happening right now, put the biggest branch you can find onto your hat and come defend Austria's centralized government!

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011
Call to arms goons, line battle in 15 minutes!

Napoleonic Wars trivia: Faced with manpower shortages, the French army sought out Swiss clockmakers to construct the world's first mechanical drummers to maintain the morale of its troops.

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011
The break is over, and now it's time to kick back with some cultured multiplayer! Join the Mumble channel if you want to join in!

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011

I tried out the new patch on a public siege server. The Siege of Toulon maps requires the British to sail on the French island in several small boats. Needless to say, it's a constant spectacle of pirate yells, people falling into the ocean and teamkills. Can't wait to see a line battle version! :allears:

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011
The event has been postponed by about 20 minutes, which means you have more time to get in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011
EU line battle starting up right now, come and see.

• Locked thread